Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 119987 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #285 on: February 04, 2020, 08:17:44 pm »

In addition he collects some of the Bear Claws and Wolf Fangs gathered by the villagers and hands them over to Doctor Doak, as these can be used as ingredients in alchemy.

Doctor Doak gains 1 Bear Claw and 9 Wolf Fangs.

"Oh. Cool. Uh... thanks?"

Doctor Doak wanders to the apothecary once again, to show the apothecarist his new findings, his new green goo (now in varying viscosity!) and ask what to do with the claws and fangs. And also hopefully speak to Xanios.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 04, 2020, 08:22:52 pm »

"Sure, thanks."

Dixie gently held the flask and drank two gulps of it without hesitation.

"Mmh. Bit strong. Hic--" She sighed. "Also bit warm for my taste. Hm, I wonder if I can..."

She channeled mana onto her hands, but was unsure what to do with it. Tiny wicks of fire flickered from her arm, shooting away from the flask. "I was told ice and fire aren't really mutually exclusive... The former's just an absence of the latter... or something like that."
I have a YouTube channel.

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 04, 2020, 09:23:36 pm »

"Sure, thanks."

Dixie gently held the flask and drank two gulps of it without hesitation.

"Mmh. Bit strong. Hic--" She sighed. "Also bit warm for my taste. Hm, I wonder if I can..."

She channeled mana onto her hands, but was unsure what to do with it. Tiny wicks of fire flickered from her arm, shooting away from the flask. "I was told ice and fire aren't really mutually exclusive... The former's just an absence of the latter... or something like that."

"Ah, I've heard about that. Coldness is supposedly the lack of heat. Draw enough heat from something or someplace and..."

He left the last part unsaid. The flask remained warm for a few moments before very slowly cooling down to room temperature, and lightly below.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 09:38:10 pm by A5G_Reaper »

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 04, 2020, 10:02:21 pm »

Dixie focused on breathing, trying to shake off the feeling of excitement that she's somehow succeeding in doing it. She cycled mana onto her hands faster, trying to accelerate this cooling process.

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 04, 2020, 10:26:17 pm »

Dixie focused on breathing, trying to shake off the feeling of excitement that she's somehow succeeding in doing it. She cycled mana onto her hands faster, trying to accelerate this cooling process.
Her concentration was broken by the flask leaving her grasp, the magical effect sputtering and dissipated. Returning to focus, Lucy had pulled the contained off her hand. Frost stained its surface, coloring it white.

"Good job. But please, do find something else to practice on?" The old man chuckled. "Though it might need to wait. Are you well enough to explore the woods today? It's still quite early."

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 04, 2020, 10:50:01 pm »

!? "Oh right, exploration... I can't believe it's still morning. We just had a stressful life-or-death situation just now."

Dixie caught herself staring at Lucy's eyes again. She stood up and hastily bowed. "Thank you for..."

She lost the word, so she just left it there and exited the shrine, a little embarrassed.

She walked around, practicing on making her throwing knife as ice-cold as possible.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 11:45:11 pm by The Centipede »

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 04, 2020, 11:26:32 pm »

Linea let out a long sigh as if trying to drive the devils away from her chest. She looked around, trying to find something positive to divert her burning desire. It looks like everyone was okay. That's good, except the old-looking fellow that seemed to be all cuddly with the bear that was trying to maul them to death a moment ago.

"That's not your concern, Linea."

She needed a drink, fast before she changed her mind and had someone blasted by her fire.

Linea enters the local pub, a humble establishment containing a few tables and chairs, and a bar area, behind which a somewhat larger gentleman with glasses is serving drinks to a few locals. He sees Linea enter and greets her heartily.

"Welcome to the Mystville Pub!"

He studies her curiously for a moment behind the thin round lens of his glasses. "Say, you're one of them adventurers, right? I do believe I saw a bit of that commotion just now with those crazy wild animals. We're lucky to have ya'll here, I dunno how much longer we'd have lasted! Anyway, what can I get for ya?"
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 11:38:24 pm by MeimieFan88 »
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 04, 2020, 11:48:02 pm »

Dixie looks for every player around and suggests they round up so they can finally explore the woods, while practising freezing her throwing knife ice-cold.

Ignore this. Let's leave at noon.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 07:16:52 am by The Centipede »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 05, 2020, 12:37:32 am »

Jack finished putting the last of the medicinal plants he had found into his rucksack.  Mama was acting mighty strange-- He really had no clue what was wrong with her, but she was clearly more sick than she was letting on.  Deep inside, he suspected it was brain swelling from a tick bite-- such things happen-- and animals either pull through or they don't-- but the symptoms did not match, other than the headache.  Mama could walk just fine, and aside from being grouchy from the pain, driving her to increased hostility as her baseline, she seemed more or less normal.  He just didn't get it.

After tending to mama for a long time, trying to calm her down after her scare, he had wandered around in the forest edge where she had hidden the two of them after she ran and hid from Dula.  Jack was kinda grateful she didnt drag him deeper in; The woods seethed danger today.  Instead, he capitalized on the opportunity, (between very affectionate bouts of tending to mama when she wasnt digging for roots and shoots) and hunted for willow tree bark he could safely harvest; The only way to get it without actually hurting a living tree, is to get it from a fresh dead-fallen limb, and it took him quite awhile to find one.  Stripping it bare with his knife, and brewing up a tincture from it, he convinced Mama to drink it, even though it smelled and tasted foul.

He had no idea how to actually fix what was wrong with her, but he would find out if anyone in the village knew-- It might be a local disease he had never encountered before.  The willow tincture would at least take the edge off her pain, and help her be more sociable, and less demanding.

This area had been picked as much as could be safely done; Any more would upset the ecology.

He once again sat down next to mama, who had just finished snacking on some tender grass roots, and rubbed her huge furry head in what was quickly becoming her favorite spot.

We gotta get goin mama. He whispered to her gently. Aint safe here, though I know you meant well.

It took some gentle prodding, and some more sweet talking-- but since her headache was easing, she was more receptive-- A few more tries, and he had her lumbering beside him, back toward the forest edge, and back to town.

---

What does One-Eye get from his gathering efforts?

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 05, 2020, 01:16:55 am »

Linea enters the local pub, a humble establishment containing a few tables and chairs, and a bar area, behind which a somewhat larger gentleman with glasses is serving drinks to a few locals. He sees Linea enter and greets her heartily.

"Welcome to the Mystville Pub!"

He studies her curiously for a moment behind the thin round lens of his glasses. "Say, you're one of them adventurers, right? I do believe I saw a bit of that commotion just now with those crazy wild animals. We're lucky to have ya'll here, I dunno how much longer we'd have lasted! Anyway, what can I get for ya?"

"Yeah. Do you have coffee?" 

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 05, 2020, 01:38:56 am »

"I'll just have a glass of water, please. Thank you."

Dixie sits beside Linea, hands notably a bit frostbitten from her attempts at ice-bending. She's quite getting the hang of it, but she's still far from making a whole huge shard of ice to impale victims with. Maybe in time.

"Hi. How're you feeling?"

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 05, 2020, 03:14:05 am »

The ironclad slayer has returned to his spot outside the walls, he is practicing his horizontal slashes with his greatsword while pondering upon what happened earlier.

There were dire wolves attacking the village but completely no goblin riders in sight, they were only about a few dozens too. The usual greenskin horde usually attacks with their pets, they might be a schemer, but they love to battle as well. A day has passed after he found the signs of a greenskin assault, but there were not a single greenskin in sight. He begins to think that what he is after is not really here. He begins to think that maybe, what they say its true; that there were is greenskin horde in here.

The ironclad slayer begins slashing vertically, pirrouetes and slashed it again.

"No, don't doubt yourself. You have already done this hundreds of time, and wherever you go, greenskins always show up" he reaffirmed himself.

He puts his greatsword down by piercing it to the ground. He then took his gladius and shield, and began slashing.

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 05, 2020, 03:43:21 am »

"Of course!"

The jovial barkeep grabbed a sizeable mug, placed it on the counter with a bit more force than necessary, and poured hot wattle from nearby kettle as he turned around to take a jar of brown seed from the shelf. He was either very well used to the motion or it was a minor miracle the water didn't miss the mug.

A spoonful of beans was then put into the grinder, and some twists later it went in to the wooden mug followed by vigorous mixing. Done, he placed the drink in front of Linea. The entire process couldn't have taken more than half a minute.

"On the house, lassie. Ya look quite tense. Honey or milk?"

He didn't stay to wait for answer, hovering nearby to fill an equally large mug with plain water at the same swift efficiency for someone that plump.

"Water's free, and so is yer first drink! Just call me here!"

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 05, 2020, 04:05:05 am »

Dixie grabbed the mug, and with both hands she yet again focused on freezing that which she held. The top of the water in the mug frosted for a while, but she didn't continue further as she did need the water to drink.

And, she drank the chilled water, and sighed. Cold, refreshing. That's the stuff, she thought to herself.

Dixie glanced at the corner and saw Laemmle eating. She gestured a small wave at her.

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 05, 2020, 05:36:41 am »

"Of course!"

The jovial barkeep grabbed a sizeable mug, placed it on the counter with a bit more force than necessary, and poured hot wattle from nearby kettle as he turned around to take a jar of brown seed from the shelf. He was either very well used to the motion or it was a minor miracle the water didn't miss the mug.

A spoonful of beans was then put into the grinder, and some twists later it went in to the wooden mug followed by vigorous mixing. Done, he placed the drink in front of Linea. The entire process couldn't have taken more than half a minute.

"On the house, lassie. Ya look quite tense. Honey or milk?"

He didn't stay to wait for answer, hovering nearby to fill an equally large mug with plain water at the same swift efficiency for someone that plump.

"Water's free, and so is yer first drink! Just call me here!"

Linea actually wanted to ask a cup of milk to soften the bitterness of her coffee, but the bartender seemed to be busy with other patrons. Then again, asking for a cup of milk in a place like this would earn her some unsavory gaze from locals.

"Black, bitter, strong, like my heart." she chuckled after thanking the bartender. It was surprisingly good. Hell... finding the beverage in this remote tavern itself was actually a surprise on its own.

"Hi. How're you feeling?"

Ah, one of the most dreaded questions people use to start a conversation. Linea smiled at the young woman beside her, then answered her greetings with a simple "I am, quite fine. Thanks."

She didn't know if the way she answered her was considered rude. She said that with utmost sincerity, all right! It was nice and all to have someone worrying about your health. But just when Linea was about to start another conversation, Dixie's attention had already shifted to her own mug, then to another female adventurer with an iron shield.

"All right then. Have a nice day." she said without even looking at Dixie.

"Master Bartender, can I borrow a few minutes of your time?"

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 142