Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 119876 times)

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #270 on: February 04, 2020, 09:19:39 am »

after Dula yoinks all the dead bodies from the right side and stores them in his burrow he injects them with his liquefying venom to prepare them for future meals, he then goes to the left side of the village and begins webing dead bodies up and dragging them to his burrow
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 04, 2020, 09:24:59 am »

"Oh, you saw me... Your eyes are... strange. You wouldn't happen to be the one sending the beastly attacks, are you?"

How she could ask so bluntly is probably to blame on naïvety.

"Goodness, no. That would be too crass of a method. Besides, I'm working for Mystville at the moment. Name's Lucy, unlicensed healer but I could fix someone better than most charlatans out there."

He offered a hand, red eyes gleaming.

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 04, 2020, 09:35:07 am »

"Is Lucy shorthand for what I think it's short for?"

She slowly grabs and shakes his hand. Assumedly callous. "Dixie. I... have taken an intro to healing magic but I wouldn't consider myself healer quite yet."
I have a YouTube channel.

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 04, 2020, 09:35:49 am »

One eye walked up the the confused bear.  She had stopped her rampage, but the last message he had sent was clearly too hard for her to comprehend, as she had just stood there pawing at her head, instead of coming to join him. 

He knew better than to just rush up.  Instead, he carefully approached, and ignored the noise coming from the other combatants.  They had all somehow miraculously survived, amidst so much pointless death, but this one still wasnt safe.

He probably looked very stupid, crawling along the ground on all-fours the way he did, but standing on two feet is an aggressive posture for a bear, this poor (500lb+) creature was very confused, and in pain still.  He did not want to appear threatening to her in any capacity.

Closing the gap, he paused a moment to look into her eyes, and introduce himself and his intentions once more, before rubbing his left side down the side of hers, circling around the back, and rubbing back up to the front, before finally plopping down beside her, rubbing his face on her shoulder to get her attention.

She groaned agitatedly at him, but he caught her gaze once more, then reached up, and started massaging her aching head. He didn't care if he passed out trying; he wanted her to know he was there to help. No matter what.  He could feel the headache, and did not break contact, until he found a spot that made it feel at least a little better when rubbed. He allowed his mind to be filled with little else but care, love, and trust for the old bear. It really was all he was concerned with at that moment. Nothing else mattered. Nothing at all.

There you go mama....  he breathed exhaustedly as he continued the nuzzling and head rubbing.  It will all be OK... Jack is here for you...

The bear was feeling quite cranky even after all the soothing, but it did recovered most of its base cognition. And thus, when it saw something the size of three bears lumbering close and leaking something that made it nervous, the bear did not really hesitated to do what it felt like doing.

It grabbed the man-shaped bear by the scruff of the neck and bolted, vanishing into the woods with surprising speed.

It would probably take some time for Jack to convince the bear to come back.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 04, 2020, 09:42:23 am »

"Hell yeah I killed four of the bastards, I kind of expected the fight to last longer than what it did I also expected someone to end up dying, but no one did so that's good."
Burt then begin the long process of reloading the revolver and the not as long process of the rifle, then he went to the blacksmith to see what they had for sale.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 04, 2020, 09:42:29 am »

"Is Lucy shorthand for what I think it's short for?"

She slowly grabs and shakes his hand. Assumedly callous. "Dixie. I... have taken an intro to healing magic but I wouldn't consider myself healer quite yet."
"Perhaps it is, perhaps it is not."

Lucy leaned back into the pew and clasped his hands on his knee, looking so natural doing so that it was almost too easy to lose his presence. Despite looking right at his smiling visage. A single metallic ring decorated his finger, plain band with a single eye moulded on it.

"My method is different, to put it in one way. Takes some time but so long as you have some breath left you'll most likely live. Though my patients tend to find the process unsettling, thus my lack of visitors. They'd still come if a bear ripped half their face, of course."

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 04, 2020, 09:44:34 am »

Whooaaaa Mama--- WHoa-- what 're ya doin!?" huffed the hobo in momentary shock, before realizing she had grabbed him safely by the nape of his fur jacket, and was hauling him to what she thought was safety, causing the potion bottle he had been granted by the company to get ejected from his bag in the process.  Looking back, he saw the giant spider as the bear drug him backwards into the woods.  Shock momentarily flooded his own mind, before remembering that Dula was a demon-spider.

Course the fool would go and put on a show like that for god and man... he thought to himself.

Don't you worry about ol' One-eye! he raged at the spider, and the now very attentive on-lookers.  He'll be jus' fine!! See about the damn villagers!

and with that, the hermit disappeared out of sight beneath the trees.

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 04, 2020, 09:49:07 am »

"So, you're a surgeon... That's nice. "

Dixie yawned, then gently lay her head on Lucy's shoulder and dozed off. She was seriously tired.

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 04, 2020, 10:21:19 am »

Linea's eyes, fiery amber since her last spell, looked at the surviving trace of the battlefield with chaotic intent, annoyed. She was just getting warmed up and everything was over a way too fast.

Her hand was shaking, both by fatigue and unresolved desire for more destruction. They were just animals, and that was not even a fight, that was vermin extermination. She needed more fire, wider and wilder. She had burned down a ship along with the captain and its despicable crew. Why just stop on a few bears and a lousy tent?

"You are not going to do that! There are civilians here!"

Linea let out a long sigh as if trying to drive the devils away from her chest. She looked around, trying to find something positive to divert her burning desire. It looks like everyone was okay. That's good, except the old-looking fellow that seemed to be all cuddly with the bear that was trying to maul them to death a moment ago.

"That's not your concern, Linea."

She needed a drink, fast before she changed her mind and had someone blasted by her fire.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 10:47:26 am by Slyph »

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 04, 2020, 02:00:41 pm »

Doctor Doak considers this for a moment, shrugs, and walks out. The apothecary wanted more samples, that’s exactly what she’ll get.

He approaches Aven, hands him a pen.

I need you to take notes.

Perform autopsies on the animal corpses, looking to collect as much of the green fluid as possible. External and internal examinations, as performed on the gnolls.

External Examinations:

Out of the 25 animal corpses, 11 have been severely burned, with 5 of them nearly to a crisp. Additionally, 6 have been hacked up, with parts scattered in various places, and 2 out of those 6 have been cut cleanly in half, and then some. Only 7 of the corpses are still in relatively decent condition, but many of them are still extremely badly damaged and missing various body parts.

For the most part, aside from the damage caused during the combat that just took place, the corpses seem fairly normal on the outside.

Internal Examinations:

The corpses all seem to share the same irregularities found within the bodies of the gnolls - plants growing out of their brains, strange green fluid attached to their spines, and exceptionally functioning nervous systems. Some of the wolves' spines seemed to be more densely covered in the green fluid. Likewise, the amount of plant growth in the brains of these wolves was also more significantly observable.

One of the wolves had an abnormally enlarged adrenaline gland, nearly 4 times the size of the other ones. Another 2 wolves seemed to be suffering from some kind of internal disease, with many of their organs showing signs of heavy deterioration. It's a wonder that these wolves were even alive before combat started.

[Doctor Doak collects 2 Vials of Strange Green Fluid, 1 Vial of Strange Green Fluid (Dense), 1 Vial of Strange Green Fluid (Thin)]

Once the autopsy is completed, take my pen and notes from Aven.

Find the sorcerer, I’d like to discuss something with them. I’ll be at the apothecary, send them over there.

[Doctor Doak obtains Examination Notes 2]

"Roger that, I will try to find Xanios and let him know."
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 04, 2020, 02:09:33 pm »

Some of the villagers gather the carcasses of the slain beasts together and quickly remove the hides and other precious animal parts. The valuable skins will help the village recover from constant animal attacks, as well as pay for the damage done to some of houses just now. However Aven doles out 1g to each adventurer, as recompense for protecting the village just now. In addition he collects some of the Bear Claws and Wolf Fangs gathered by the villagers and hands them over to Doctor Doak, as these can be used as ingredients in alchemy.

Doctor Doak gains 1 Bear Claw and 9 Wolf Fangs.

"Hell yeah I killed four of the bastards, I kind of expected the fight to last longer than what it did I also expected someone to end up dying, but no one did so that's good."
Burt then begin the long process of reloading the revolver and the not as long process of the rifle, then he went to the blacksmith to see what they had for sale.

The blacksmith looks up from cleaning the blood off his weapon as Burt arrives and points with his thumb at the wares behind him.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uYEVe0Kaz731Vp8ActkZaHhY6N3BAfGGQD-qm5diDpU/edit?usp=sharing

(All currently operating village vendors can be accessed from this file. You don't necessarily need to head into a specific shop to make purchases for things listed here... most of the times)
:-(

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 04, 2020, 04:17:04 pm »

Dularach burst from the ground any wounds that he did have were already healed, he then goes out of his way to start wraping wolves in webs and drag them to his burrow

after Dula yoinks all the dead bodies from the right side and stores them in his burrow he injects them with his liquefying venom to prepare them for future meals, he then goes to the left side of the village and begins webing dead bodies up and dragging them to his burrow

After the villagers are done skinning the animals they retreat as Dularach advances onto the corpses and drags them underground.
:-(

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 04, 2020, 05:02:41 pm »

Dularach burst from the ground any wounds that he did have were already healed, he then goes out of his way to start wraping wolves in webs and drag them to his burrow

After the villagers are done skinning the animals they retreat as Dularach advances onto the corpses and drags them underground.

A little girl no older than 8 years of age and a large muscular man wearing an ornate mask soon show up to the scene as the villagers and adventurers are sorting out the animal corpses.

"Oh look, Ubermensch, the noble adventurers have won the day and saved our hapless little village from certain destruction! Bravo, I say! Such bravery deserves to be commended!" The little girl says in an animated tone, though her face seems expressionless. The masked hunk remains silent, giving no sign of any reaction as he stares at the adventurers.

"Say, you don't think our valiant saviors would mind if we took a few of these corpses, would they? No, I don't think so either." The masked hunk then goes to retrieve a couple of the wolf corpses before Dularach can get to them, carrying them back to the little girl.

"Well, I'd say we've taken up enough of our valiant saviors' time. Let's go." The two then leave back to the village, disappearing around a corner.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 04, 2020, 06:55:30 pm »

Dixie wakes up on the old priest's shoulder, covering her mouth while yawning. "Would you happen to know where they teach magic spells here?"

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 04, 2020, 08:08:33 pm »

Dixie wakes up on the old priest's shoulder, covering her mouth while yawning. "Would you happen to know where they teach magic spells here?"
"There should be a magic shop around, but it open and close arbitarily without a fixed schedule. I do not think there's much to learn from a hedge practitioner this far out, but the world have many surprises."

Lucy seemed to be in the exact same position since last time, except for a metallic flask in hand. Dixie's quite certain that there's no such thing in close vicinity before she dozed off.

"Want some?"

Smelled like some strong alcohol. If she accept it, the flask turned out to be quite warm.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 142