Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Blood and Sand, A Gladiatorial Arms Race-Like [CORE]  (Read 6010 times)

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blood and Sand, A Gladiatorial Arms Race-Like - Pregame 1 [CORE]
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2019, 09:45:05 am »

Quote from: Votebox: (3) Man of Paper, Kashyyk, Thanik
Low Realism: (1) ConscriptFive
Low Realism (w/ Pantheon): (7) Powder Miner, NUKE9.13, Rockeater, C2M, Strider, Doomblade, Thanik
Very Low Fantasy: (1) Kashyyk
Low Fantasy: (6) TheFantasticMrFox, m1895, SC777, Taricus Frostgiant, Sanctume
High Fantasy: (0) 

Low Fantasy. Can we have Minotaur and Centaur gladiators in this choice?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2019, 11:06:00 am »

Low Realism (w/ Pantheon): (6) Powder Miner, NUKE9.13, Rockeater, C2M, Strider, Thanik
Very Low Fantasy: (2) Kashyyk, Doomblade
Low Fantasy: (6) TheFantasticMrFox, m1895, SC777, Taricus Frostgiant, Sanctume
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2019, 02:30:19 pm »

Low Realism (w/ Pantheon): (6) Powder Miner, NUKE9.13, Rockeater, C2M, Strider, Thanik
Low Fantasy: (7) TheFantasticMrFox, m1895, SC777, Taricus Frostgiant, Sanctume Tyrant Leviathan

There, my chipping in.

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2019, 02:49:51 pm »

Low Realism (w/ Pantheon): (7) Powder Miner, NUKE9.13, Rockeater, C2M, Strider, Thanik, Wyrdbyrd
Low Fantasy: (7) TheFantasticMrFox, m1895, SC777, Taricus Frostgiant, Sanctume Tyrant Leviathan

Chimeras for everyone!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2019, 03:17:00 pm »

Low Realism (w/ Pantheon): (8) Powder Miner, NUKE9.13, Rockeater, C2M, Strider, Thanik, Wyrdbyrd, Madman
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2019, 03:18:34 pm »

Low Realism (w/ Pantheon): (8) Powder Miner, NUKE9.13, Rockeater, C2M, Strider, Thanik, Wyrdbyrd, Madman

Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2019, 03:24:34 pm »

Quote from: Votebox: (4) Man of Paper, Kashyyk, Thanik, m1895
Very Low Fantasy: (3) Kashyyk, Doomblade, m1895
Low Fantasy: (6) TheFantasticMrFox, SC777, Taricus Frostgiant, Sanctume Tyrant Leviathan

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2019, 04:01:26 pm »

My preference is for no significant non-human sapient populations, so I wouldn't be too annoyed by the Very Low Fantasy option, since that would (if I understand correctly) have non-human races be very rare. I don't want to diminish the uniqueness of a Carthaginian versus a German by having neither be that interesting compared to an Elf (of any cultural background). Like, if acquiring non-human gladiators requires some special event, or something, and they never show up in the regular slave market, that would work for me. Actually, I believe something like that was discussed many months ago.

Anyway, the point is, I could switch my vote over to Very Low Fantasy if enough Low Fantasy people would do so as well. 
Long Live United Forenia!

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2019, 04:22:51 pm »

My preference is for no significant non-human sapient populations, so I wouldn't be too annoyed by the Very Low Fantasy option, since that would (if I understand correctly) have non-human races be very rare. I don't want to diminish the uniqueness of a Carthaginian versus a German by having neither be that interesting compared to an Elf (of any cultural background). Like, if acquiring non-human gladiators requires some special event, or something, and they never show up in the regular slave market, that would work for me. Actually, I believe something like that was discussed many months ago.

Anyway, the point is, I could switch my vote over to Very Low Fantasy if enough Low Fantasy people would do so as well.

I am ok with no large pop fantasy but existing, so that human civs are dominant.
But I want to see exotic/fantasy beasts/gladiator, rare as they are sure, to be in the gladiator pits also. 

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2019, 06:32:00 pm »

Low Realism (w/ Pantheon): (9) Powder Miner, NUKE9.13, Rockeater, C2M, Strider, Thanik, Wyrdbyrd, Madman, Twinwolf
Very Low Fantasy: (3) Kashyyk, Doomblade, m1895
Low Fantasy: (6) TheFantasticMrFox, SC777, Taricus Frostgiant, Sanctume Tyrant Leviathan
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2019, 07:33:26 pm »

Low Realism (w/ Pantheon): (9) Powder Miner, NUKE9.13, Rockeater, C2M, Strider, Thanik, Wyrdbyrd, Madman, Twinwolf
Very Low Fantasy: (4) Kashyyk, Doomblade, m1895, Failbird
I do have to admit I'll be somewhat disappointed if the unrealistic elements are largely background stuff that the players rarely even experience. I want the fantasy elements to actually be, like, a thing beyond just lore and the occasional colosseum beast.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2019, 09:27:54 pm »

But what's the point of doing Rome, and not our own little fantasy gladiator game in that case? I basically worry that if we put too much in the forefront it'll take away from the historical aspects that can also be fun.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2019, 09:40:50 pm »

I wouldn’t worry too much about the choice affecting it feeling like Ancient Rome, even with the potential additions of fantasy shit, though obviously more realism means more authenticity historically

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2019, 11:31:53 pm »

Low Realism (w/ Pantheon): (10) Powder Miner, NUKE9.13, Rockeater, C2M, Strider, Thanik, Wyrdbyrd, Madman, Twinwolf, Piratejoe
Nice to see this back.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2019, 11:59:27 pm »

Low Realism (w/ Pantheon): (10) Powder Miner, NUKE9.13, Rockeater, C2M, Strider, Thanik, Wyrdbyrd, Madman, Twinwolf, Piratejoe

The two options without much in the way of support are snipped (sorry C5). With an even split for generally going low realism vs low fantasy (10 vs 6+4) we're going to narrow the field down to the center of the spectrum. Any further proposals, if you're unhappy with the current options or wish to consolidate votes from both sides of the aisle, should fall somewhere between Low Fantasy and Low Realism. If a split between LF and LR (that just reminded me of my favorite DF mod years ago - LFR) persists, the options will be pruned further to the two with the most votes.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6