Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Metro 2033 - OOC Thread (7/12 players)  (Read 5081 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: Metro 2033 - OOC Thread (6/12 players)
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2019, 10:27:30 am »

Personally i always thought bullets were the thing to go, but mind you this is just my personal opinion, not WOG on how to strategize in this game. But yeah food is really important for armies and colonization and filters if you want to avoid dying a radioactive death.

EDIT: also please add your faction names in your turnposts starting next turn, that helps me out a lot since i otherwise have to backtrack quite often.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2019, 11:33:43 am »

Yes, bullets could be good but bullet trade is really inefficient. 3:1 bullets to get a resource: compare it to fuel which gives a 1:1 ratio for anything you're already producing, or filters which give a 1:0-3  ratio in scavenging.

In other news, if anyone ever wants to trade guns for fuel, food, bullets or filters, I'm happy open to trades (bearing in mind what will initially be lost to middlemen).

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2019, 11:58:00 am »

Yes but unlike filters, bullets are safe.

Anyhow, turn complete, and boy oh boy are you rolling high on those mutants...i mean sure there is a 20% chance of meeting them but im starting to wonder...

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2019, 12:36:08 pm »

Are Armored Car since they do not use filters means that they can go through a radioactive tile and survive?

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2019, 12:41:38 pm »

yep, they cannot move on the surface though.

UristMcRiley

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Metro 2033 - OOC Thread (7/12 players)
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2019, 01:13:53 pm »

Is research only used for armored cars and being turned into bullets or is there something else we can do with it?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2019, 01:18:22 pm »

Is research only used for armored cars and being turned into bullets or is there something else we can do with it?
According to the OP:

more concepts like population growth, migration, refugees, establishing new industries and increasing production aswell as surface exploration and more threats will come around only after certain mile-stones are hit.

Notable and important for this is Fuel and Research as well as the level of Settlement and Exploration of the Metro. Especially Research will pay off later...note LATER. If you start putting stuff into Research at the beginning you will have a horrid time...a really horrid time.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2019, 03:27:00 am »

Can our stations get attacked by mutants or am I leaving soldiers protecting for no reason?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2019, 11:32:32 am »

Later on it is a distinct possibility...but for now no, no chance of mutant attacks.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2019, 06:36:25 am »

New Game Mechanic: Explosives

Explosives can be bought for 5 Research and 20 Fuel. They allow you to open up collapsed Tunnels or collapse them to prevent enemies from moving through, units of your own side who end their turn in the tunnels die, other players units as well as mutants and bandits move to another station.
One unit needs to carry them to their destination. If that unit is killed the explosive remains where it is and can even be stolen.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2019, 01:36:27 pm »

Can we use resources on the same turn they are produced?

Like, if we have 1x food, 1x gun, and 1x bullets, and we are producing 1x gun a turn, can I produce a solider on the next turn, or would I need to wait until I had both guns in the stockpile, and produce it the next, next turn.

Other question; we need an unbroken chain of occupied systems with another player to trade. How does that relate to empty stations. Do we still need 5 food to settle those? Do they never produce anything since they don't have an industry? How does settling an empty station compare to incorporating an already populated neutral station?
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2019, 01:46:14 pm »

I would prefer you not to do that because i will quickly lose track of things...

Yes you will need to settle neutral stations. If they are empty or occupied is mere fluff on my side, game mechanically such stations are absolutely identical.

Now stations without production will not stay useless forever, for the moment however yes, they pretty much are. But, they are still going towards your total station count...which is the victory condition for this game.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2019, 10:04:42 am »

Looking forward to finally having enough food to settle somewhere else.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2019, 10:40:40 am »

heh. Update is taking longer had to get clarification on some orders so probably towards wednesday.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2019, 10:45:54 am »

I know the feeling. My poor suffering Warped! players are always having to wait a few days at a time.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6