Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Metro 2033 - OOC Thread (7/12 players)  (Read 5080 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Metro 2033 - OOC Thread (7/12 players)
« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2019, 11:06:48 am »

Naturegirl, next turn use your fuel to double food production, then you'll be able to colonize the turn after that. Once you have the second food production, you'll be able to use fuel to generate 3 food/turn and so colonize every other turn and still generate surplus for troop production.

UristMcRiley

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2019, 11:10:21 am »

I believe I’d like to attempt to continue as a nomadic group lord knows it’ll be difficult but I like the limited story and characters of the swampers and would like to continue there story

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2019, 11:39:17 am »

I want to join this thing!

Here's my submission.

Name of your Faction: Human-Mutant Commonwealth
Description: A collection of various humans and human-mutant clans, unified by desperation-and a religion of worshiping Mutant 'Gods' such as the Great Worm, Endless Maw, the Eyeless Mother, and the Howling Scar-all creatures that exist perhaps only in myth, or perhaps reside in the unexplored depths of the Metro.

Many of them are refugees or wanderers-forced out of their original homes by hardship, warring factions or general anti-mutant hatred. Peopled with clans from all over the metro, they ended up settling in the tunnels around Tushino, and after a time the Human-Mutant Leadership became a unifying force in the area. Living on the fringes of Metro existence has made the inhabitants excellent scavengers of both tunnels and surface, as well as efficient farmers and raisers of livestock-they're able to produce food from sources most other groups would find inedible or even toxic. Rumors say they're not entirely shy of devouring the occasional trespasser as well, and prefer living in symbiosis to most mutant animals as opposed to wiping them out...a strange way to live, but the Metro can be a strange place...
Preferred Starting Position: Shodneskaya or Planetarnaya
Starting Resource: Food
Stockpile: Filters, Filters, Guns, Fuel, Food

I believe I’d like to attempt to continue as a nomadic group lord knows it’ll be difficult but I like the limited story and characters of the swampers and would like to continue there story

And wait for your chance to liberate your station from those foul anarchists (?). :P

« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 12:42:22 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2019, 12:23:41 pm »

Dwarmin you are aware that starting in Mitino would mean that to expand outside of the two stations there is impossible, since the two south of Mitino are surface stations?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2019, 12:33:49 pm »

I wasn't actually sure if grey stations were un-colonizeable (as in from a game mechanics standpoint as if you could make ranger outposts or something, I know Mitino is an isolated stronghold because you can't) or not until you said. I'll go move into the purples!

Edited submission.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 12:38:42 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2019, 12:31:41 pm »

Okay folks sorry for the long delay, its crunch time at my job so yeah, but i am afraid you will have to wait even longer until well after christmas for an update, due to me not being able to access all my files from my relatives place an thus being unable to edit maps or do a proper turn update.

That being said, there is several things of interest for the next turn  namely a few more mechanics which will get an earlier introduction due to Dwarmin. Don't worry you can all reedit your turns.

1. Ranger Outposts

Rather expensive to maintain, ranger outposts allow you to "settle" empty and radioactive (that includes surface stations) stations and thus are a nice way of connecting your holdings without proper settlements. However there is a cost attached. Each outpost needs a permanent team of rangers and has an upkeep of 1 Filter per turn. The price is high, but you might get out of boxed in positions due to bad exploration rolls.

2.Trading Stations

For the cost of 2 instead of 5 Food you can colonize empty neutral stations as Trading Stations. These are fully independent stations, which allow anyone to trade or move through them. In Game Mechanical terms it allows you to more quickly connect with other players to properly start trading.

There is again a contra to this though. Trading Stations are inhabited by fiercely independent folk and do not bow to anyones authority. Trying to annex them will be costly in guns and manpower.

3. Surface Scavenging

Surface Scavenging is becoming more dangerous. There is now a 50% chance of mutant attack.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2019, 12:46:56 pm »

Do ranger outposts also cost 5 food, or is it just x1 ranger, then x1 filter/turn? Does the filter cost come in on the turn you make the outpost or just on subsequent turns?

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2019, 05:16:15 pm »

1 ranger 1 filter/ turn no food required.
However the cost comes in on the turn it is made

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2019, 02:05:53 pm »

Looks like I chose a good time to join!

@Ghazkull: In other news, I found some potentially useful information on the Moscow metro for you, at least story wise. In particular-how deep the stations are. Goes without saying, the deeper the station the less radiation, and certain mutants are light/depth averse. Might be too picky to make specific kinds of mutant units with their own stats, but this could help you figure out how to write stories in turns.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 12:12:45 pm by Dwarmin »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2019, 08:26:51 pm »

Huh cool, all my stations are pretty deep.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2019, 04:24:58 am »

Every station near mine is shallow, here's to hoping that doesn't bite me in the ass later.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2019, 09:26:14 am »

My stations are shallow too

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2020, 11:16:31 am »

So when we getting the show back on the road?

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 04, 2020, 07:52:25 pm »

soontm

But yeah getting on it.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2020, 12:13:57 pm »

Okay folks i'll be honest here i lost interest for it and this update is rapidly turning into a chore which i have been pushing ahead of me.

Which leaves us for two options:

1, Either this goes on Hiatus for a while (it will come back in a few months)

2. Somebody wants to take over as GM. The ruleset is not overly complicated and whatever isn't already in the OP i can send via pm and give you a dropbox link of the map with the icons i used for the game as well as the charts for exploration.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6