Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 3: This Time It's Feudal  (Read 38466 times)

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 3 release date is announced
« Reply #150 on: September 02, 2020, 02:42:51 pm »

It's even before my first character's death.  ::) And apparently this line of jump-colonies can grow up to Italy.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Question: What is highest possible base dread? Can you make "haves 100 dread and everyone shit they pants from fear around him by default" character? One of my goals will probably be breeding most dreadful abomination possible. By traits, that is.
Rhetoric quetion: WHY. CHILDREN. SO. GROTESQUE.
Ranty "quetion": What's up with interface growing smaller and more spread out as screens grow bigger? This one is almost microscopical, damn it. Even at fullscreen.  ::)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 02, 2020, 02:45:49 pm »

Isn't there a UI scaling option, like in ck2?

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 02, 2020, 02:50:42 pm »

Isn't there a UI scaling option, like in ck2?
Yeah, there is. Bringing it up from 80% to 100% even makes base interface probably decently-sized, at the cost of pictures of people in relationship screen almost turning into lines, probably ome other goofery. Guess i got wrong screen resolution.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 02, 2020, 02:52:57 pm »

I suppose I was being too vague there - meant that scheming and skullduggery felt like the primary interesting thing to do. Are there more alternative things to stay busy with?
Mostly no, it's still a map painter that actively punishes you for not scrambling for land as quickly as possible. They did vastly boost gold income relative to building costs, so you can build stuff without saving for ten years for it, but it's still a pretty simple system. Likewise, there's a couple of skill point/leveling systems to keep an eye on, but the most complicated is a two-path, dozen-node skill tree.

Lots of old stuff does feel cleaner- children get a single childhood trait telling you which two educations they'd be good at, for instance- but I don't think the sum total of upgrading Farms I to Farms II and keeping an eye on that 35/1000 Renown for a Bloodline perk is going to keep you too busy to plan your liege's demise.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 02, 2020, 02:57:47 pm »

Ah...  I've never done ironman once in all the hours I have played.

I suppose I was being too vague there - meant that scheming and skullduggery felt like the primary interesting thing to do. Are there more alternative things to stay busy with?
Is way more RP centric.  The personality traits have way more oomph to how you would play the character.  Unless you are fine with a shorter life span and other such problems relating to becoming a stressed out zombie or addict of some sort. 
I reckon there are other things you could be doing, outside of war and skullduggery.  Some of the diplomacy lifestyle perks rewards you for making friends.  Havn't really gone too deep into stuff outside of war and murder/seduction.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 02, 2020, 03:45:18 pm »

Not sure if anyone has gotten far enough yet but how do Great Holy Wars/Crusades/Jihads work? They never got shown in the dev diaries and I'm playing 867 africa so I'm probably not seeing them anytime soon. Is it like Pre-Holy Fury CK2, Holy Fury CK2, or something different?

Another thing worth mentioning that's missing is that it seems that Byzantium no longer is imperial elective, and the papacy is back to pre-Sons of Abraham random selection. The Byzantium thing isn't too surprising but it is a bit strange that they consolidated bishops, and yet removed campaigning to make your archbishop pope.

Also there are currently two total conversions on the workshop. Bronze age mod and World of Darkness. Haven't touched them really yet, but they're there.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 02, 2020, 05:10:39 pm »

867’s still in the game? I thought they removed it when I heard they’d taken out the Charlemagne start. Sweet.
Black lives matter.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 02, 2020, 08:36:48 pm »

867’s still in the game? I thought they removed it when I heard they’d taken out the Charlemagne start. Sweet.

Yeah it's still in. Just 867, and 1066 for now though. Date picker is gone since apparently no one used it.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 02, 2020, 08:43:06 pm »

Thanks for the responses, folks. I suppose I'll hold off for now.

Having a game like this where one isn't the king/overlord/whatever is conceptually something I've always found promising, but in CKII it felt like the only interesting thing to do in that scenario was maneuver to end that situation. One of these days there'll be a 'loyal right-hand stooge' simulator...

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 02, 2020, 11:01:29 pm »

I can't believe it. They really did it.

Spoiler: a picture (click to show/hide)

They turned repetitive inbreeding into a potentially profitable endeavor.
Black lives matter.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 03, 2020, 12:51:25 am »

Man the powerful vassal thing is annoying.  Murchad starts with a claimant to a northern county of Ireland which gives you an easy way to get closer to the King title, but my Domnall is a fucking moron and he expects to supplant one of my actually useful vassals.  Go to hell, Domnall.
Shoes...

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 03, 2020, 12:55:45 am »

It ain't Crusader Kings if powerful vassals aren't cunts.
Black lives matter.

BoujeeTheAlan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 03, 2020, 03:06:35 am »

Obviously the only thing is to do is create a pro gay insular Catholic offshoot faith and seduce him.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 03, 2020, 05:20:38 am »

Is there a way to get the Ecumenic religion trait for your own religions? I couldn't figure it out myself.

I mean it would make sense if it wasn't possible because of how Catholicism generally was but I want to create my own insular scandtholicism where bastards aren't a thing dammit.
Love, scriver~

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 03, 2020, 11:02:28 am »

Obviously the only thing is to do is create a pro gay insular Catholic offshoot faith and seduce him.

That reminds me of the latest fuckin-around experiment I saw.  A guy set the default orientation to homosexuality without changing anything else, then let it run overnight.  The muslim world flocked to the andalusian islamic sect which permits homosexuality, then united into a giant empire while everybody in christendom with some clout formed his own gay heresy, leading to a complete world takeover by Gay Islam
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23