Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 30

Author Topic: Fire Emblem: Marks of Royalty IC  (Read 23757 times)

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem: Marks of Royalty IC
« Reply #210 on: October 01, 2019, 03:51:33 am »

Despite the height, Tanec was still close enough to hear part of the conversation between Emilia and Fionn going on.

You're a weird one, but also a sweet one, girl. Blessed be your kindness.
Meanwhile that dandy boy... I guess his honest emotions can come out after all, if pushed to the edge. That could become problematic in the future...

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 01, 2019, 08:18:12 am »

"Kinda tempted to make another sort of bet now."

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 01, 2019, 02:58:48 pm »

Fionn gave a small chuckle as someone understood his own hair woes. It wasn't often he could talk with someone who had to take as much care of their hair as he had to. He was still nervous, but it was quite nice having someone to talk to.

...Wait, what was he saying? It would be nice now, but how did he know she wasn't just going to drop him somewhere in the middle of danger? What if she was helping Odette get rid of him for his comment?

Fionn wanted to silently curse himself, but before he could, he felt Emilia slightly lean back into him and give him a warm smile. Once more, it was closer than he had been to someone in a while, and that smile... something about it just didn't feel like it was untrustworthy. Not in the slightest. Something about it just... hit him.

You're a good person.

Him? A good person? Why? After all his attempts to show off, keep his distance and all? Even though he was completely planning on using her thighs as a weapon to help drive her further away? That had to have been a joke for sure, and yet it still felt genuine. For once, Fionn's cocky smirk was wiped off of his face. He made sure to listen intently and took a deep breath. Calm... calm... The topic of his family was a good thing to mention, because it got him talking.

"...Hm... Well, my mother and father weren't so well off, but they still took very good care of me." The warm image of his parents came drifting into Fionn's mind, and it helped him tremendously. "I wasn't the most talented child, and I was very weak, I didn't get much to eat." He knew that was mostly because of him secretly making sure his parents got more to eat, knowing that they would try to give him more. "...They still loved me, though. The day I started doing things like styling my hair, they still approved of it. I'm working here as a retainer because I wish to be able to..." Fionn's voice quieted down slightly, almost to a whisper. "...To help my parents go from rags to riches. They deserve it more than anyone..."

A small pause. His smirk came back, but it was more of a genuine smile than his usual cocky smirk.

"...Ha, look at me telling you this. I hadn't planned on telling a soul besides His Highness about why I was here... but there you go."

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 01, 2019, 11:55:13 pm »

Emilia tried to hide that little twinge of jealousy when Fionn started talking about his family. It might bring some comfort to Fionn apparently, but family was never a topic that she felt comfortable over. She was an orphan twice over now, after all. There was a point where you just had to accept that it wasn't likely to be a thing for her to experience properly with mothers and fathers and everything. Besides, she was nearly grown now. Being jealous of other people's families was just a bit too childish, even for her.

Right, enough of that. She scolded herself. Focus on Fionn. You can go mad thinking about what you lost in that fire later.

"Oh, uh, if you were planning on keeping your reasons a secret, you didn't have to tell me. It was only ever a suggestion.", she murmured distractedly, eyes locked firmly in front of her and attention towards directing Bellerophon to a steady, smooth descent, circling down in wide slow circles. "But, I suppose it's only right if I, uh, reciprocate."

She bit her lip a little as she considered how to proceed. "I guess it's because we grew up together and got to know them from when we were all really young. Their Highnesses, that is. Papa was a retainer to King Ingvar so I'm just carrying on doing what he did, I guess. Just here protecting Eydis and Gunvald just like Papa was protecting the King. Even if I'm a bit of a silly idiot. Really helps that I have this big lug here.", she added affectionately, patting Bellerophon along his mane, before whispering to herself mournfully. "And hopefully, this won't end in the same way..." .

She suddenly brightened up and continued chattering with a hint of false cheer to her voice. "Anyway, there's, uh, another reason for me to go along with all of this. More like a childhood dream, really. Something I'd like to become. But it's silly. Really silly. Anyway, you're doing really great here." She commented reassuringly, pausing to glance at the ground below and made a rough estimate of the distance to the ground below. "Just a little bit longer, it looks like. Though, at this speed, we probably won't be able to make it down before that lot gets themselves ready. Oh, nothing to worry about at all. They're all still on the other side of the river.", she remarked, giggling girlishly and gesturing at the enemy with her spear.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 01:38:54 pm by ctsun »

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 03, 2019, 07:08:52 pm »

"Kinda tempted to make another sort of bet now."
"If it's about what I think it is, I'm afraid I'll have to pass on that one..." as if I haven't already observed more than enough for now...

Odette Moves to D9, Hold
Gunvald should move to G7, Heal Emma, Canto to E7
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 08:27:49 pm by Stratos »
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 03, 2019, 08:20:30 pm »

"HAHAH. Yeah, guess it wouldn't be a fair bet for you, lass."

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 03, 2019, 08:59:49 pm »

Fionn coughed rather nervously. Emilia said it herself; why did he tell her? Why did he let his guard down? Did he learn absolutely nothing? If he didn't absolutely need to hold onto her, he'd hit himself on the forehead.

He was about to say something to insist she didn't reciprocate, but he hesitated a little too much and let her go on the topic. She didn't sound very happy when talking about her own life... was his amount of information really too much? He couldn't quite catch that last bit, but it didn't sound very happy. Did he strike a sore spot?... Maybe he wasn't going to have to worry about being torn apart.

Fionn was all too much of a faker himself; he could tell there was falseness to her voice, a contrast to her previous warm smile from before. He gave a little nod after she pointed out the enemies; he knew she couldn't see him nod, but regardless...

"Very well, we'll make our attack soon. But... before we do..."

Fionn did a small gulp. Why was he doing this?

"...I want you to know... I don't think you're silly. Whatever your dreams are, you should pursue them no matter how silly anyone believes they are. Your optimism in the face of danger, your kindness to a devilish rogue like myself... they're very good qualities to have. I can't fathom why you have such kindness towards me, but... I do appreciate it."

"...Perhaps flying isn't so bad after all. It was... quite fun up here." He managed to stop himself from adding a few over-the-top choice phrases; 'with you', 'just the two of us', 'sorry for thinking about your thighs'. "Thanks for... well, just talking with me. Talking is... not something I am very comfortable with doing nowadays."

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 04, 2019, 10:38:42 pm »

Emilia simply laughed cheerfully from Fionn's words.

"Wahahaha~! Think nothing of it. You were scared and needed help.That's it. There was simply no way I was going to leave you alone and just let you fall. And besides, uh, this was an accident so it's partially my fault you even ended up here. I don't enjoy having innocent lives on my conscience, do you? So, c'mon, none of that now. I'm not really doing anything special here at all."
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 10:07:12 am by ctsun »

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 05, 2019, 04:40:10 pm »

Fionn listened to Emilia's cheerful laugh; as much as he was trying to get a rise out of Odette earlier, he couldn't die that the joyous laughter of... not even just women, but just about anyone was a sweet thing to hear, especially when it wasn't directed at him. He quietly pondered whether Emilia would one day learn why this little moment really did mean a lot to him... hopefully someday. Hopefully... there was always that lingering doubt that such a joyous smile would hide a dark secret that would turn around and bite him, and he was certain that wouldn't go away for a while, but... at least he knew being on her pegasus was safe. Again, for now.

"I suppose... but even things that aren't quite special can still make a great impact. And regardless... we can at least share the blame. I underestimated my opponent, and ended up not really looking where I was going... so at least there's just a little bit we can learn from the experience."

"Perhaps one of these days, if I get a bit more comfortable with heights, you could take me for a ride while we're not in the heat of battle?" He said this with a hint of his usual teasing tone, but it still sounded serious.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 08, 2019, 02:40:59 pm »

I-10

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #220 on: October 08, 2019, 06:11:49 pm »

Hold
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 08, 2019, 07:43:13 pm »

“Here Emm, this should ease the pain” Gunvald called out as he rode towards Emma, stopping just long enough for his staff to flash, healing Emma for 16 HP, before turning his horse around in order to return the safer lines.

“Looks like these troops are originating from that ruined building over there. Be careful, there could be a lot more inside, waiting for the command."

“Wait, what are you-” Eydis started as Emma ran past her and her wyvern, clear confusion crossing her face before realizing... Several reasons why Emma would run into the front lines. She always tried to keep up the appearance of a fearsome warrior despite being a princess, and yet she always seemed to see Emmaas a defenseless lady. Probably because she was a lot more lady-like than Eydis ever could be.

It kept causing her to forget that Emma was more than capable of fighting on her own.

“I guess I am taking center stage too much here, aren’t I?”

Spoiler: Map Info (click to show/hide)
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 08, 2019, 08:36:00 pm »

Cocytus while behind some allies was still sticking out like a sore thumb both because of his size and armor color, so it wasn't difficult to miss the moment he gave a thumbs up to the princess in response to her pondering.
  "Nothing wrong with that, lass. Showin' those rats ya are a princess with an axe and the strength to chop 'em in a half is a good way to show what ya are made of."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 08, 2019, 09:39:58 pm »

"There is definitely a wisdom in playing to your strengths... Though we should hurry after Emma. She's a talented young woman, but I'm concerned she may have just bit off more than she can chew."

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 09, 2019, 02:29:08 pm »

"... Hey, are you two okay? Emma's over here." Gunvald calls out after listening in on the conversation, which was admittedly a good ways away, reigning his horse to a stop as he gestured towards the lady.

Spoiler: Map Info (click to show/hide)
Emma's player redid their move on Discord, so I redid the map accordingly.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 30