Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 30

Author Topic: Fire Emblem: Marks of Royalty IC  (Read 23751 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem: Marks of Royalty IC
« Reply #180 on: September 28, 2019, 10:19:12 am »

"...Yeah, probably should, Morgan." They were too... well, Morgan, to be involved in this discussion really. That stuff would have to come later.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 28, 2019, 10:30:48 am »

Tanec is looking for revenge! +2 damage.

Tanec attacks!
Hit: 113-9: 104 (Auto Hit!)
Crit: 7
Luna proc: 9% chance
Rolls: (35) (23) Hit!
Enemy Soldier takes 5 damage.

~~Turn 2~~
Enemy Phase

Following the beat down from the full force of the Lastreodan attack, Soldier 3 opts to move back from the front lines, while the Guard continues to move to the Bandit Leader. The rest of the “guards” move to defensive positions.

Cavalier 2 moves to H10 and attacks Eydis, hoping to at least stall her for the others… Only for him to be quickly struck down, almost backhandedly, by the Dragon Princess. In a surprising bit of bravery though, Cavalier 1 quickly takes his place, waiting for Eydis to make her move instead of the other way around.

Quote from: Sacrificial Lamb 2 vs Eydis
Eydis is trying to prove herself! +2 Damage
Eydis’ Mark is active! +10 Crit

Enemy Cavalier attacks!
Hit: 93-7-15= 71
Roll: (89!) Miss!

Eydis counter attacks!
Hit: 79+15-14=80
Crit: 28-2+10= 36
Rolls: (8) (20) Crit!
Enemy Cavalier 2 is killed with a staggering 42 damage!

Thief moves to I9 and lobs a knife at Fionn, managing to miss horribly. Fionn, being a kind neighbor, gives the Thief a new knife to use… By throwing one right into their shoulder.

Quote from: Thief vs Fionn
Is Fionn okay? -2 Defense
Fionn is with the group! +15 Evade

Enemy Thief attacks!
Hit: 110-24= 86
Crit: 1
Rolls: (99) (1) Miss!

Fionn counter attacks!
Hit: 99-18= 81
Roll: (59) Hit!
Enemy Thief takes 6 damage!

Archer 1 moves to I8 and shoots an arrow at Emma, proving that a dress isn’t the best form of defense against arrows. Unfortunately, that was the only thing he managed to prove, as Emma herself showed that she’s not just a pretty damsel by firing a rather large blast of dark magic at the man, sending the poor guy flying.

Quote from: Archer 1 vs Emma
Enemy Archer attacks!
Hit: 100-8= 92
Crit: 3
Rolls: (35) (29) Hit!
Emma takes 11 damage!

Emma counter attack!
Hit: 90-17= 73
Crit: 6
Rolls: (4) (6) Crit!
Emma follows Eydis’ lead by obliterating the Archer with 33 damage!

Archer 2 moves to F12, attempting to fire an arrow at Tanec, horribly misjudging the distance between them and causing his arrow to fall short and plop right into the river. Tanec, however, easily judges the distance, firing a quick shot at the archer in a way that easily bypassed his (admittedly lacking) armor.

Quote from: Archer 2 vs Tanec
Tanec is still searching for revenge! +2 damage

Enemy Archer attacks!
Hit: 100-10=90
Rolls: (100!) (9) Miss

Tanec counter attacks!
Hit: 113-17= 96
Crit: 6
Luna: 9
Rolls: (86) (26) (2) Hit and Luna proc!
Enemy Archer takes 10 damage!

Northern defenders begin to move!

Reinforcements!
One Myrmidon
One Fighter

~~Turn 3~~
Player Phase

"..."

Gunvald wasn't someone who was accustomed to the battlefield. He had always preferred being far away from it, content to only hear about it from other soldiers or her sister. But of all the stories he had heard, he had never expect so much casual conversations in the middle of it. Yes, he could understand their relief when they saw his sister practically carving through the enemy ranks herself, even he was surprised by her ability to do so, but was that an excuse to flirt, argue, and converse among themselves?  He didn't think so, but when the more experienced warriors were doing it, he didn't have much room to complain.

... It was good for moral at the very least.

Spoiler: Map Info (click to show/hide)
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 28, 2019, 11:09:59 am »

Fionn felt just a little sprinkle of relief that the verbal insult phase had been passed, and Cocytus and Tanec avoided the physical phase altogether. Now he could focus on the battle, but he wouldn't dare let Odette off without something to say. Continuing his smirk, he spoke.

"Then I will show you my prowess, and hopefully we will- Hold on."

In an instant, Fionn swept himself under the knife that had been aimed for him, and with a wink at the fellow thief, chucked his own knife at them, making the mark that they failed to do. He got up, brushed himself off, and got out another knife.

"Forgive me for being so uncouth to interrupt our conversation, but Cocytus and Tanec truly have a point; I'll catch you after blood has been shed."

Fionn readied himself, preparing to sling his knife at the Thief, but had one more thing to tie up, it seemed.

"Dear Flavius, while I may not be quite as wise as you-"

Knife the Thief

"-I promise you, I know what it takes to not get eaten up." Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me, after all...

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 28, 2019, 11:40:06 am »

"Well struck Emma!" Burhardt spotted a ford in the river, and considered it. It probably was not worth taking, in all honesty. Their enemies didn't quite seem capable of holding the bridge, so moving across here was probably all they needed.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 28, 2019, 12:00:27 pm »

"That is but a small demonstration of my skills; nothing I would have learned without the aid of your tutelage, my teacher."
Truth be told, that arrow hurt, but Emma had taken worse scrapes and worse shots outside of Manoran. Also, it wasn't proper to show your pain, rather than grinning and bearing it. It was an Agreste family trait, the stiff upper lip, and Emma wasn't about to lose hers.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 28, 2019, 04:37:01 pm »

"Good, good. What do ya say we get a bet going' then? How many of those rats do you think we will have to take down before they surrender?"
  "I bet they will only drop their weapons once we reach the guy in charge, the two guarding him probably will flee or somethin'."

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 28, 2019, 07:15:55 pm »

"Hmmmmm..." The huntress took a few moments to scan the battlefield as she pondered the scenario, "honestly, I think you may have the right of it. What they might lack in brains, they make up for in persistence... but if the one holding them together were to die? Well, they aren't particularly organized as it is-"

She paused midsentence as Fionn ducked beneath the clumsily thrown knife, saying something about how he'd 'catch her later' before running off. She couldn't help but roll her eyes at the flamboyant display. Like a gaudy peacock, the man was, desperate to show the glory of his plumes to the whole world. Regardless, she nodded towards the knife that had come from over the river, now lying a few feet away on the road.

"Or all that skilled... so I agree, the moment the boss drops, whoever's left will probably flee. But not a moment before that."
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 28, 2019, 07:44:24 pm »

"I wouldn't call that 'persistence', guess they don't know any better. Bandits usually aren't very clever."
Cocytus raised an armored gloved and waved a few times in response to her words. Perhaps he needed to be a bit more specific with the bet, after all this wouldn't be a game if they went right for the obvious result, right?
"Nah lass, I didn't mean like killing him first and then watching 'em flee. That would make this bet unfair."
"My bet is that they will run away as soon as we get close to the nailhead in charge. So those two guardin' the little rat will flee afraid of what is comin' next. Do ya think the other rats will flee before we get that far?"

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 28, 2019, 08:12:56 pm »

"Well, in that case...sure, I'll bet they'll run before then. It'll probably take a few more deaths on that bridge first, but I expect a few will soon realize they have no hope."
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 28, 2019, 10:42:07 pm »

"Then it is on lass, let us see how stubborn these little shites are."

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 29, 2019, 07:45:50 am »

While Fionn smoothly talked his way out of the pit he dug himself into, the Thief managed to sidestep the thrown knife, lobbing yet another at the Casanova wannabe, the projectile slamming into Fionn shortly after he assured that he knew how to "not get eaten".

Quote from: Fionn vs Thief
Is Fionn okay? -2 Defense
Fionn is with the group! +15 Evade

Fionn attacks!
Hit: 99-18= 81
Roll: (91) Miss!

Enemy Thief counter attacks!
Hit: 110-24= 86
Rolls: (70) (8) Hit!
Fionn takes 9 damage!

"Get out of my way."
Quote from: Eydis vs Cavalier 1
Eydis is trying to prove herself! +2 Damage
Eydis’ Mark is active! +10 Crit

Eydis attacks!
Hit: 79+15-14=80
Crit: 28-2+10= 36
Rolls: (23) (86)
Enemy Cavalier takes 17 damage!

Enemy Cavalier attacks!
Hit: 93-7-15= 71
Roll: (14)!
Eydis, once again, takes 0 damage from the Cavalier’s attack!

OOC
IC

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 29, 2019, 07:53:45 am »

"Nicely done, Your Highness!"
"Please allow me to finish what You started."

Nicking an arrow to let it soar towards Cavalier 1.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 29, 2019, 08:13:22 am »

After what Eydis did, it would've only taken a stiff breeze to take down the final cavalier. As it stood, the rider was finally shot down by Tanec, the impact of the arrow knocking his body out of the saddle, which in turn caused his horse to rear up and bolt, galloping away from the multitude of intimidating creatures in front of it.

"Thank you for the help Tanec. I had it under control, but I can't have all the fun."

"Bridge is clear. Let's show these idiots what happens when you try to take on Lastreodal."

Quote from: Tanec vs Cavalier 1
Tanec is looking for revenge! +2 Damage!

Tanec attacks!
Hit: 113-17=96
Crit: 7
Luna: 9
Rolls: (85) (42) (76)
Tanec finishes the cavalier with 7 damage!

OOC
IC

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 29, 2019, 08:18:02 am »

(after Renee moves)

Emilia to H9, Rescues Fionn (G9), Smacks the Thief (I9), Cantos to F9.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 08:34:29 am by ctsun »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 30