Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 30

Author Topic: Fire Emblem: Marks of Royalty IC  (Read 23749 times)

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem: Marks of Royalty IC
« Reply #240 on: October 11, 2019, 08:53:42 am »

"Perhaps one of these days, if I get a bit more comfortable with heights, you could take me for a ride while we're not in the heat of battle?" He said this with a hint of his usual teasing tone, but it still sounded serious.

"Sure! I would love to! But, uh, I'll have to warn you, though. We usually fly a lot faster and higher than this. This much really isn't anything to-", Emilia chirped happily, pausing momentarily as she felt her mount land in the middle of the group. "Oh, we're here. C'mon then, Fionn, hop on off. Should be perfectly safe from here."

She took a moment to glance between a blank-looking Morgan, a confused-looking Mister Burhardt and an annoyed Mister Cocytus. Looks like everything's normal and nothing's changed. Was there something weird happening between Miss Emma and Mister Burhardt? Must have been her imagination.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 09:17:25 am by ctsun »

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 15, 2019, 11:26:01 am »

~~Turn 3~~
Enemy Phase

With the path now completely clear except for his own allies, the original guard finally manages to reach the ruined fort, and the axe-wielding man in front of it, quickly dismounting his horse to sprint up to him. Despite riding on a horse, the boy was rather out of breath, mostly because of hyperventilation as he rode away from the terror of both Cocytus and Eydis,

“Boss, we got a problem! An extremely huge problem!”

“You think I didn’t notice? What’s even happening out there kid?”

“Guard duty was going fine sir, until the most recent travelers came by. They seemed wealthy enough, so we stopped them and used the seal like you said, and then… Er… We realized that Cocytus was with them.”

“... What?”

“So I sent out the distress signal and hightailed over here to inform you. They should be at the bridge now, since they… Managed to kill the team I was with.”

“...”

“... Uhm… Bo-”

“SO YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT YOU SAW SOMEONE WITH A REPUTATION FOR KILLING PEOPLE, ONE THAT I'VE TOLD YOU TIME AND TIME AGAIN WAS DANGEROUS, AND YOU THOUGHT IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA TO PICK A FIGHT WITH ‘EM?! DAMN YOU BOY, I GAVE YOU EXPRESS BLOODY ORDERS TO JUST WATCH THE DAMN ROAD, AND YOU GO AND GET ON THE BAD SIDE OF COCYTUS OF ALL PEOPLE!”

“Dammit… Alright, you had something else you wanted to report kid?”

“... The Crimson Demon is with them as well.”

“...”

“...”

“I’ll deal with you later kid.”

Just as the enemy recovered from the party's assault and were ready to strike back, the angry shouting of a large man forced them to pause. The man in question, aside from his size, wasn't too impressive to look at, mostly due to his tattered and battle worn clothing. However, with the fact that he had an incredibly large axe slung over his shoulder, and how his presence made the people who were right about to fight them step back, it was clear that they had a good amount of leadership within the "guards",

“OI, ALL OF YOU, STAND DOWN YOU BLOODY IDIOTS!” the man yelled as he approached, continuing to stomp with unfiltered rage until he was within… Relatively safe yelling distance of the bridge, “Which one of you are the diplomats 'ere? There's a few errors I need to correct." he continued, managing to cool himself enough down enough to yelled in a more civilized manner. Even so, he couldn't help but let his frustration leak into his words, though one couldn't be sure who it was directed towards.

"That seems to be the boss of these men... Burhardt, Emma, shall I handle negotiations this time?" Gunvald commented, his tone was rather neutral, but it was clear that he was still at least trying to keep a low profile, despite volunteering to be the one to talk this time. Even if that profile had been destroyed already thanks to his sister running headfirst into battle. Speaking of his sister, Eydis was busy sizing up the man, coming to her own conclusion that this was the bandit's boss, and preparing to rush forward and strike at him... At least, until he asked for a 'diplomat', which caused a quick expression of confusion to pass over her face,

"Excuse me? I think it's rather obvious that I'm the one you should be talking to."

"You'll have to forgive me if I don't agree princess. You're not known for being talkative."
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 15, 2019, 11:38:02 am »

"Each party's relative position is quite clear, I should think, princess. If not outright surrender, I think they will suggest terms, which I would suggest we entertain. There's been quite enough killing for one day."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 15, 2019, 11:38:52 am »

"I concur, but....we need some way of guaranteeing they will not backstab us the moment our backs are turned."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 15, 2019, 11:45:04 am »

"EY. IS THAT THE LI' SHITE WHO IS IN CHARGE?"
  "Ya rock licking, arse smoochin', buttéhead! The hell ya want?"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 15, 2019, 11:59:01 am »

"We could guarantee them their lives and a fair trial if they surrender, perhaps." Burhardt said, wincing at Cocytus's shouts but otherwise not reacting to them.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 15, 2019, 12:09:40 pm »

"If brigands want to negotiate, especially after how smoothly everything went here, then we can accept the negotiation. On our terms, I might add. Helps with preventing ambushes."
"And even if they would try to be stupid like that, there's always an arrow resting against my bowstring whenever opponents are nearby, dowahahaha!"
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 12:13:22 pm by SirAston »

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 15, 2019, 01:19:21 pm »

"Well well, what do we have here? This is much quicker than even I expected. Looks like I may have won."
"I say we hear the strays out for now. If they're finally willing to heel, they may prove useful in figuring this mess out. But if they aren't, we can always...remind them of how we destroyed half their scouting party in mere minutes."

"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 15, 2019, 02:24:48 pm »

"Are you saying that I can't handle a bit of talking Burhardt?" Eydis asked as she quickly turned around to Burhardt, only to sigh a second afterwards and straighten to a more 'relaxed' posture,

"Fine, whatever. Wasn't having any fun fighting anyway."

"Did I not just make it clear what I want? I want to talk to your superiors, metal head!" the "Boss" shouts back shortly after Cocytus does. He wasn't too surprised that Cocytus would already be hurling insults his way, but by the Goddess... How angry did that kid make him?

Well, he'd probably see sooner rather than later.
OOC
IC

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 15, 2019, 02:38:37 pm »

Burhardt put his hands up. "No, of course not, I merely meant to say that, with us beating them so soundly, it should be a simple measure to secure an end to the battle."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 15, 2019, 02:41:49 pm »

"AY  NAILHEAD! Call me that again and ya gonna end up with a FROZEN AND SHATTERED HEAD. How about that?"
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 08:44:51 am by Praefectus Screptum »

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 21, 2019, 06:15:36 am »

Sensing the oncoming lull in the fight, Emilia simply reached into her saddle bags and dug out a biscuit. Well, two. One for herself and one for her mount.

She was getting a bit of a case of the munchies. It was a far better idea than giving herself whiplash trying to keep up with Cocytus and the other man's insult tennis. Besides,  Bellerephon deserved a treat and something to distract him with while they waited out the truce.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 05:24:11 am by ctsun »

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 30, 2019, 07:44:39 am »

“Cocytus, enough. They’ve gotten the message” Gunvald ordered as he began riding up to the front of the group, eventually ending up at Eydis’s side, barely giving his sister a glance as he focused his attention on the leader.

“You said you wanted to talk to the one in charge. That would be me.”

“Prince Gunvald, correct?”

“Yes, that would be my title.”

“... Dammit, that kid’s makin’ my life hell here…”

“First of all, I would like to apologize for the boy’s rashness. He’s a good kid, but not bright enough to pick his battles. This is probably the worst it's gotten though."

“I can assure you that my group and I can easily forgive you for that. However… Even though I regret it, I'm obligated to inform you that-”

“You killed some of my boys?” the man interrupted just before letting out a sigh, “Don’t be. I take full responsibility for the kid’s actions. Sides, enough blood has been spilled already. I’m not throwing more of my men just so they can die. But, related to that, we’re standing down. Boys!” he continued, his head snapping in the direction of the troops that were still, understandably, weary and ready to strike at a moments notice, “Get your hinds back to the fort and patch yourselves up. We’ll prep burial for the lost later.”

For a second, the other soldiers seemed very slightly hesitant in surrendering. They had lost friends, why should they just surrender, just like that? But when they looked at the group, and how easily they had been pushed back, most of them wised up. So, with nothing more than frustrated sighs, the soldiers sheathed their weapons, beginning to trudge back to the ruins that the leader had come from. One of the archers, thankfully, stopped to help the soldier that had faced the full force of Eydis' rampage, and had just barely managed to hold on to his life despite all odds.

“... I’ll admit, you’re far more reasonable than I expected” Gunvald idly commented as he watched, remembering the times where groups of soldiers would fight until the last man instead of even entertaining the idea of surrender.

“Nah, just not stupid. No point in trying to fight a lost cause anyway, not that there was a meaning for fighting in the first place. Toll was paid in advance, pretty much no point in this besides the kid being too greedy. I'm honoring my word, so you're free to move on.” the man said without a bit of hesitation, stepping to the side and gesturing to the open road, though he didn't begin moving away just yet. He didn't seem to believe that negotiations were over quite yet.

"Brother, I hate to ruin your winning streak, but shouldn't we be putting an end to this guy's work here? He's clearly not doing legal stuff, that fake seal just proves it."

"I know Eydis, I know. But we're not entirely equipped to do so right now. I doubt a stern talking to would change anything, and we've made enough of an example" Gunvald replied with a shrug, I think they'll learn from this."

"If you ask me, I think they're getting off a bit too lightly."

"That's why I'm not asking you."
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 05:20:23 pm by GodofGamingRWBY »
OOC
IC

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 30, 2019, 09:12:14 am »

For his part, Burhardt was very much pleased that the fighting had come to an end. "The important thing is that we can move on with our actual objective, rather than stay here to reach a foregone conclusion."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 30, 2019, 11:55:58 am »

"...You gotta be shittin' me. These rats will just keep pullin' this crap on other people if we don't deal with this now. Why the hell would we let 'em get away like this?"
"Makin' these nailheads lose  a few won't make 'em stop at all, and you know that. This bark-chewing numbskull will do this shité again the moment we turn our back on 'em."
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 30