Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 44

Author Topic: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Part One Ends  (Read 64596 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Day Two Begins!
« Reply #150 on: June 22, 2019, 09:05:23 am »

"What a strange little robot." He looks at it a bit longer before asking, "Where do you come from little robot?"
Wait and see how the robot responds then eat the leeks for breakfast.
Spoiler: Dr. Goldstine (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 22, 2019, 09:36:04 am »

Sycamore Woods
"What a strange little robot." He looks at it a bit longer before asking, "Where do you come from little robot?"
Wait and see how the robot responds then eat the leeks for breakfast.
[Goldstine rolled 5+2+0empathy=7]
Goldstine chows down on the three-cornered leeks. They taste strong and are chewy, but they fill him up for now. He addresses the drone which turns to face him, revealing one small camera lens.

"TRAVELLED UP FROM SOUTHEND TO GET HERE AS SOON AS I COULD AFTER SEEING THE FEED OF THE SPINDLER FIGHT. YOUR FRIEND IS A MARVEL!"

The drone swivels in the air and starts bobbing towards the north-east. "WE MUST MOVE SOON. THE EYES WILL BE HERE SOON ENOUGH."

Goldstine is no longer hungry.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 22, 2019, 09:45:54 am »

"What Direction, is Southeast a way to go?"

Also, what is my party's current Tally Count?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 22, 2019, 09:53:02 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Amoretto raises his (non-burning) hand.
“I was already planning to start travel north in the morning. If there’s an expedition that way, I’ll be glad to assist.”
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pagan Desert Bitch (she/they)
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 22, 2019, 11:33:42 am »

“Moving southwest is good idea, but may be good idea also to search for weapon first. We are in town.”

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 22, 2019, 12:49:54 pm »

Issac decides against alerting any other robots that may be still lurking around in Walt Labs... But now has a hypothesis about what happened. It was probably a power outage that caused them to awaken from their stasis when they did; and there was probably some kind of autonomous maintenance system somewhere in the lab. But first, it still seemed relatively safe where he was.

Having had both food and rest...

Issac took a moment to use his Faceshifter power to improve the condition of his Tiny Hand!

Spoiler: Issac Revero (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 23, 2019, 06:26:24 am »

"What are the eyes, and do you know what town we are in?"
Follow the robot and see where it goes.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 23, 2019, 12:48:11 pm »

Old Town
“Moving southwest is good idea, but may be good idea also to search for weapon first. We are in town.”
"What Direction, is Southeast a way to go?"
[Kateryna rolled 5+3+2=10]
Kateryna looks about for something that can be used as a weapon. In the kitchen of the pub she finds it mostly empty and grimy, but lost down the side of a cabinet is a butcher knife. She also finds a solid length of piping. Now armed, the three young women head south east...

Kateryna gains a Butcher Knife.
Kateryna gains a Heavy Pipe.

Castle
“I was already planning to start travel north in the morning. If there’s an expedition that way, I’ll be glad to assist.”
"Great!" says Dell. "So that's me, Cass, our new friend here, and Frog whose waiting with the cargo bike."

Dr Amoretto heads outside with the others where a short squat, man is standing next to two bikes strapped to a large cart. He looks at Amoretto with suspicion.

"We'll take it in turns, two riders, two guards. Until we get out of the city, you best be a guard." He thrusts an old rifle into Amoretto's hands. "Don't shoot unless you have to. We have bugger all bullets."

Dr Amoretto hops into the cart next to Cass, who wields her crossbow. Frog and Dell take the wheels, and they cycle steadily north down the hill...

Amoretto gains an Old Rifle (loaded)

Cathedral

Kateryna, Keiko and Agasha walk through the city in the shadow of huge towers. They come to an intersection at the bottom of a tall hill. Nearby a huge cathedral rises up, its grey stone and steeple a sharp contrast to the glass and steel all around.

Hurtling down the hill there are two bikes pulling a cart. Keiko and Kateryna recognise, briefly, a man standing on the cart. He was from the lab! Dr Amoretto looks out and recognises the two relatively normal looking women (though one has a tail) standing next to an alligator-headed woman.

"Look at those freaks!" says Frog.

"Anyone you know?" Cass asks, as the bike draws close to group.

Kateryna, Amoretto, and Keiko gain +1 tally for exploration.

Also, what is my party's current Tally Count?
Both at 5 now including this latest exploration xp. Please post these in action posts, that way I don't have to trawl back through the thread all the time.

Spoiler: Kateryna Tiskovka (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kurogami Keiko (click to show/hide)

Walt Labs
Issac took a moment to use his Faceshifter power to improve the condition of his Tiny Hand!
[Isaac rolls 6+4+1weird-1tinyhand=10]
Isaac spends part of the morning concentrating intensely on his hand. Eventually he's confident all of his proportions are correct.

Isaac no longer has a tiny hand.

Residential Sycamore Woods
"What are the eyes, and do you know what town we are in?"
Follow the robot and see where it goes.
[Goldstine rolled 4+3+0empathy=7]
They stand in a clearing, surrounded by sycamore trees and rows of half-crumbled houses. While Goldstine is waiting to see whether El Tigre will also follow the drone, he tries to get some more information from the robot.

"YOU MUST KNOW THE EYES! YOU ARE IN THEIR FOREST. OUTSIDE THE CENTRE OF NORWICH, MOST OF THE RUINS WILL BE IN THEIR CONTROL."

Goldstine gains +1 tally for discovering the name of the city: Norwich.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 01:31:01 pm by notquitethere »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Cathedral Convergence
« Reply #158 on: June 23, 2019, 01:12:31 pm »

“Not exactly, but the two more-human ones I woke up with at the lab. They’re going to be just as lost as I am, in all likelihood. Gator, though, no idea. If they’re traveling together, though, they’re probably safe.”
Amoretto then waves at them.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 23, 2019, 01:58:40 pm »

Lacking any other clear objectives, Issac takes a moment to check the room for any obvious traps, pressing the intercom button afterwards if he does not detect any.

Spoiler: Issac Revero (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Everything is gone to the dogs...
« Reply #160 on: June 23, 2019, 02:06:47 pm »

Go drink some water to rehydrate and get rid of this hangover. That's standard hangover procedure since there doesn't seem to be a way to replenish electrolytes, which Theodore found out while doing research for his book Attack of the Alcoholic Aliens.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 08:23:56 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 24, 2019, 07:59:32 am »

"Are you a talking robot or are you a person, and will we see you when we get to the stadium, also whats the mascot for the stadium?"
See if I can get El Tigre to come with me and the robot.

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pagan Desert Bitch (she/they)
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 24, 2019, 11:19:43 am »

Kateryna Whispers to Keiko, “take knife. It is in back pocket. Use tail if you have to.”
Wait for reaction of the other group.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 24, 2019, 11:26:02 am »

Decline.

Empathy, UP!

"Sorry, but can you repeat that? I wasn't aware that social standards had declined to that point."
Tilt head while looking at them. Empathy Roll for interaction.

What bonuses does being a High School Student grant? Interaction and social bonuses maybe..

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - The Day Grows Long...
« Reply #164 on: June 24, 2019, 12:02:52 pm »

Spoiler: El Tigre Picante (click to show/hide)

Ask the robot if it knows where I can get food or medicine
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 44