Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 44

Author Topic: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Part One Ends  (Read 64471 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - The Day Grows Long...
« Reply #135 on: June 20, 2019, 04:08:04 pm »

(Possible GM error: I just increased Wits to 3. Unless I do not understand how experience tallies work)
Ah, you should update your character sheet, as that's what I was working off of!

Issac figured that if the fish were *Almost* close enough to grasp, then he just needed to extend his reach a bit. He would use his Faceshift power to increase the size of his left arm to make it possible to deftly swipe at the fish with his hand.
[Isaac rolls 6+4+1weird=11]
Isaac makes his left arm just that little bit longer. And in doing so he's able to reach out and grab one of the fish! He snatches it out the water. It's long and slick and it flops about in his arms. As the sun begins to sink on the horizon, Isaac sees Tim Tam arrive just in time to share the meal.

Isaac has gained Big Fish x1

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 20, 2019, 04:17:10 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[Also quietly] "Yeah. What the hell happened? When I mentioned cryo, these people thought I was insane or something. Dr. Amoretto, by the way. They said you knew Jack Davis?"
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 20, 2019, 04:27:35 pm »

Spoiler: El Tigre Picante (click to show/hide)

With the final rays of light, El Tigre sees the doctor's expression and realizes he might be fucked. He pushes past into one of the homes and looks for a way to wash his hands (hygiene, yo) and his wound. He then begins looking for something sterile to clean his wound with. Antiseptic, alcohol, spirit, hell even a wet lense wipe or makeup remover. Finally, he looks for something to stop the bleeding and tries to apply it.

((C'mon 0 wit, don't fail me now!))

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 20, 2019, 04:45:37 pm »

The Castle
[Also quietly] "Yeah. What the hell happened? When I mentioned cryo, these people thought I was insane or something. Dr. Amoretto, by the way. They said you knew Jack Davis?"
Carol keeps her voice low and leads Dr Amoretto around behind a 17th century harpsichord.

"It's Carol. Pleased ta meet you. I've tried telling people I'm a popsicle but people don't believe it. They think I'm really from one of these wackjob underground communities who want to pretend like nothing's happened. But look, word to the wise, if you want to stick around, you might want to try hiding the thumb... Certain members of the Keep don't think mutants count in their definition of a 'Truman'." She arches her fingers when she says the word with air quotes. "As for Davis. I know him. He was always a bit frosty. He led the others north when they all fell out with the Keep over the mutations. He said he knew of a safe place, but as far as people here tell me, it's another twenty miles or so of fat nothing and then the sea. I didn't fancy risking the walk, it's safe here!"

With the final rays of light, El Tigre sees the doctor's expression and realizes he might be fucked. He pushes past into one of the homes and looks for a way to wash his hands (hygiene, yo) and his wound. He then begins looking for something sterile to clean his wound with. Antiseptic, alcohol, spirit, hell even a wet lense wipe or makeup remover. Finally, he looks for something to stop the bleeding and tries to apply it.
[El Tigre rolls 6+1+0wits-1wound=6]
El Tigre wonders around in a daze, trying to find something, anything, to clean himself with. He walks into the house that Burt had already looted and fruitlessly walks around. He tries the taps but nothings comes out. Eventually, in exhaustion, he curls up asleep on a square of carpet as the darkness night he had ever seen descends.

El Tigre is asleep.
El Tigre gains +1 tally for critical failure.

(I'll process everyone's D2 morning tomorrow!)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Night descends...
« Reply #139 on: June 20, 2019, 04:51:30 pm »

Night Plan: Issac Revero is thinking that he should head back to Walt Labs and rest around his old Cryo Chamber. It was left mostly unmolested for however long he was frozen for, so he figures its about as safe a place as any to rest. Before going to sleep in earnest, he would see about making a fire to cook the fish as opposed to trying to eat it raw. He is willing to share if the kid intends to tag along.

Spoiler: Issac Revero (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 10:54:30 pm by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 20, 2019, 04:56:23 pm »

*sigh*
[quietly] "Planning on leaving in the morning. I knew Davis from before. Worked with him, a couple times. He actually worked at Walt Labs, so I was hoping I might be able to find him. Damn.
And I'm not sure there's much I can do to hide the fact that my thumb is on fire, but ok.
Have you managed to figure out what year it is? Even if they're using some different reference point for counting it, I'd still like to know."
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 20, 2019, 06:33:05 pm »

Well, given how late it's getting, we'll probably need to find a place to rest around here.

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 20, 2019, 09:12:17 pm »

Night Plan: Try to bond more with Viktor, and find out if he knows Helen. Once a decent conversation  gets going,  start honing my skills.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 21, 2019, 05:03:30 am »

Follow Issac back

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 21, 2019, 07:30:22 am »

"Sorry I wasn't able to do more."
Go to the building that I was in earlier and sleep for the night.
Spoiler: Dr. Goldstine (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pagan Desert Bitch (she/they)
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 21, 2019, 11:31:42 am »

“Да, we should probably get shelter.”
start building the shelter and a fire.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Everything is gone to the dogs...
« Reply #146 on: June 21, 2019, 01:56:33 pm »

Night Plan: Sleep it off.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 12:06:29 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 21, 2019, 10:45:12 pm »

PTW

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 22, 2019, 08:28:26 am »

Walt Labs
Night Plan: Issac Revero is thinking that he should head back to Walt Labs and rest around his old Cryo Chamber. It was left mostly unmolested for however long he was frozen for, so he figures its about as safe a place as any to rest. Before going to sleep in earnest, he would see about making a fire to cook the fish as opposed to trying to eat it raw. He is willing to share if the kid intends to tag along.
Follow Isaac back
[Isaac rolls 4+6+3wits=13]
Isaac and Tim Tam walk back to Walt Labs with the fish. They spend the rest of the evening preparing the meal. Isaac finds a sharp bit of metal to cleanly gut the fish and cut it up. Then they set a small controlled fire with some of Tim Tam's matches, lighting a pile of twigs. And then, after feasting on a meal of barbecued fish, the pair slip back into the safety of their stasis chambers for the night.

Isaac has gained a Sharp Bit of Metal.

Castle
Have you managed to figure out what year it is? Even if they're using some different reference point for counting it, I'd still like to know."
[Amoretto rolls 2+5+0empathy=7]
"Oh that's easy. That's one of the first thing I asked too. It's April 22nd, 2062!"

A bell rings to indicate dinner is ready. Everyone piles on through to a dining hall laid out with a huge tureen of vegetable stew. Throughout dinner people are polite but standoffish and Amoretto catches them whispering about his thumb. After, he is shown a place to bed down: a mattress laid out on the floor of the museum, along with a dozen other people.

Amoretto gains +1 tally for learning the date.

Residential Sycamore Wood
Go to the building that I was in earlier and sleep for the night.
[Goldstine rolled 5+5+1body=11]
Goldstine rests for the night in the house with El Tigre. While it gets colder at night, he's able to keep the drafts out and have a restful night.

Old Town
Well, given how late it's getting, we'll probably need to find a place to rest around here.
“Да, we should probably get shelter.”
start building the shelter and a fire.
[Kateryna rolled 4+2+1soldier+2wits+1plasticsheet=10]
In the middle of an ancient public house, Kateryna makes a waterproof covering with the plastic sheeting. She manages to get a fire started and cooks the little rat on a stick. The meat is awful and meager, but enough to assuage hunger for one evening. The three curl up and sleep.

The Mall
Night Plan: Sleep it off.
Night Plan: Try to bond more with Viktor, and find out if he knows Helen. Once a decent conversation  gets going,  start honing my skills.
[Theodore rolls 3+2+0body-1drunk=4]
[Ed rolls 2+2+1empathy-1hunger=4]
Theodore sleeps fitfully on the floor of the mall, his mouth drying up, and his forehead constricting. Meanwhile Ed tries to have a conversation with Viktor.

"HELEN OF TROY HELLENIC VIRTUE STRONG AND- hic!" Viktor stumbles over his words as he descends into a fit of hiccuping. When he recovers, he drinks half the bottle of vodka, and then spends much the rest of the evening throwing up. A sensible conversation could not be had.

Eventually Ed falls asleep, hungry.

Theodore gains +1 tally for critical failure.
Theodore is no longer drunk... he has gained wound: Massive Hangover

Ed gains +1 tally for critical failure.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 22, 2019, 08:58:30 am »

Day Two
In various places around the city, the mutants, time-warped from the past to the year 2062, in small groups and alone, begin to awake as the sun rises.

Castle
In the Keep, breakfast is served (cold vegetable stew) and people chatter amongst themselves. Dr Amoretto sits with Carol who talks about how she was originally from Nova Scotia, but she has no idea where she currently is. They are interrupted by Dell. Dell blows his whistle to bring everyone to attention.

"We've got word that an aid shipment has arrived in Cromer, an old town about twenty miles north of here," he says. "I'll be going, along with Blakely. It'll be a hard trek, but we welcome any other volunteers."

Carol looks down at her broth in silence.

Mall
Ed, Timmy and Theodore wake up with the sun, though Theodore soon regrets it as his headache pounds. Viktor is still asleep, and Theodore and Ed help themselves to a breakfast of cold beans. They have some muscle, some supplies... but where to go from here?

Old Town
In an abandoned pub, Kateryna and Keiko awake, curled under the plastic banner. Both know that they will soon be hungry and thirsty, but at least for now they are well rested. Agasha appears in the entranceway with blood around her crocodile face.

"We have to move! There are many robotic beasts in the city, many more than I've seen this last month. After catching one, I was forced to flee from five more... I think I lost them, but I cannot be sure!"

Sycamore Residential Woods
El Tigre and Dr Goldstine are awoken by a drone blaring. They ache from sleeping on the floor, but most of all they are hungry. They look out of their empty house, groggily to see a tiny hovering robot: a helicopter blade and a small body, blaring out on a speaker:

"YOU FIGHT WELL, MASKED STRANGER. FOLLOW ME TO THE STADIUM AND I WILL MAKE YOU A STAR."

El Tigre and Goldstine have gained the condition: hungry.

Walt Labs
Isaac and Tim Tam climb out of their cryo-chambers, feeling about as fresh and relaxed as possible given the circumstances. They notice a red light blinking on a machine on the wall. It's a speaker grill with a single button. There had been no other sign of working electricity before...

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 44