Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 44

Author Topic: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Part One Ends  (Read 64549 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Cathedral Convergence
« Reply #165 on: June 24, 2019, 03:16:47 pm »

I think I'd like to join.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Cathedral Convergence
« Reply #166 on: June 24, 2019, 06:48:07 pm »

I think I'd like to join.
Sandeep gains the following mutations:

Telepathy
You can communicate with anyone within a few miles. You need to focus to pick out their mind, but once you've connected with someone, you can communicate with them mentally whenever you like so long as they're within range. And, until you break the connection, they are able to speak with you mentally at any time.

Powerful Jaw
You have an immensely powerful bite. You can chew through anything as strong as bone without effort, and bite through much harder materials with focus.

Sandeep stumbles out of the cryochamber, straight into...

Walt Labs
Lacking any other clear objectives, Issac takes a moment to check the room for any obvious traps, pressing the intercom button afterwards if he does not detect any.
[Isaac rolls wits 6+2+3wits=11]
Isaac checks around for any traps. He notices several antennae in the corners of the room: presumably these are to relay a signal to cyberdogs. He also spots several cameras. While he's searching around, Tim Tam watches idly.

At last, convinced it's some kind of intercom (based on the faded words 'intercom' on the panel), Isaac presses the button. It crackles and then he hears a deep sonorous voice. As he presses it, behind him one of the cryochambers hisses open and Sandeep stumbles out.

"Mr Revero," says the intercom. One of the cameras takes a sweep of the room. "And Mr Singh! And Miss Tam! My apologies for not being in touch sooner. I am Mr White, of Walt-Swancom. We've only just got access to the Norcom facility which is where you have been kept for safety. The good news is you have successfully made it to the future! It is April 23rd, 2062. The bad news is, almost everything outside will want to kill you. In order to hamper these external threats, you'll need to take out the tower at the Postwick Transmitting Station... I'm sure you have questions, but this line is only temporary so make them quick!"

(Also, apologies Supernerd, I should have given you a lawyer bonus for lying in an earlier check. Will remember from now on.)

Cathedral
“Not exactly, but the two more-human ones I woke up with at the lab. They’re going to be just as lost as I am, in all likelihood. Gator, though, no idea. If they’re traveling together, though, they’re probably safe.”
Amoretto then waves at them.
Kateryna Whispers to Keiko, “take knife. It is in back pocket. Use tail if you have to.”
Wait for reaction of the other group.
Decline.

Empathy, UP!
"Sorry, but can you repeat that? I wasn't aware that social standards had declined to that point."
Tilt head while looking at them. Empathy Roll for interaction.
[Amoretto rolls 6+6+0empathy=12]
[Keiko rolls 1+3+3empathy+1highschooler=8]
Amoretto vouches for the harmlessness of the newcomers and Keiko leans her head innocently. Dell makes a snap judgement in their favour.

"This place isn't safe!" Dell barks. "If you want to join us, there's strength in numbers-- we're heading north. Just jump in the cart. Otherwise you're welcome up at the castle. Give the password 'Robert Kett' and they'll let you in, no problem." He points up the hill to the south.

Kateryna, on edge and expecting trouble, glances over her shoulder. She glimpses, briefly, several huge and chrome things dart across the street out of view to the northwest. Trouble is on its way.

What bonuses does being a High School Student grant? Interaction and social bonuses maybe..
I'll give you a bonus when you're trying to look harmless, and when you're trying to recall something from your school curriculum.

The Mall
Go drink some water to rehydrate and get rid of this hangover. That's standard hangover procedure since there doesn't seem to be a way to replenish electrolytes, which Theodore found out while doing research for his book Attack of the Alcoholic Aliens.
[Theodore rolled 2+1+0body-1hangover=3]
Literally everyone knows that water is necessary after drinking, and luckily for Theodore there are bottles of water in Viktor's stash, which he helps himself to. Unfortunately, his hangover still remains. It'll go in time. As he drinks, Viktor awakes.

"HEARTY HEARTS!" he bellows, causing ringing in Theodore's head. "WE MUST CATCH THE DAY BY THE TAIL! LET US TARRY NO MORE!"

He leaps to his feet and gathers up his many weapons and grabs the trolley by one of his tentacles. "WHICH WAY HO?"

Theodore gains +1 tally for critical failure.

Residential Sycamore Woods
"Are you a talking robot or are you a person, and will we see you when we get to the stadium, also whats the mascot for the stadium?"
See if I can get El Tigre to come with me and the robot.
Ask the robot if it knows where I can get food or medicine
[Goldstine rolled 2+2+0empathy=4]
If the drone heard Dr Goldstine's questions, it wasn't letting on. It merely said to El Tigre, "FOLLOW ME AND I WILL GIVE YOU ALL THAT YOUR MORTAL FRAME REQUIRES, MEDICINE, FOOD, DRUGS, BLANKETS, AND MORE. AND YOU WILL BE A STAR!"

The drone buzzes away, heading northeast through the woods. Goldstine urges El Tigre to follow it.[/i]

Goldstine gets +1 tally for critical failure.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 07:27:07 pm by notquitethere »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Welcome to the future!
« Reply #167 on: June 24, 2019, 07:13:13 pm »

(Lawyers get a bonus to lying? That's hilarious! Though I think that in order to truly count, it should need to be "Technically" true. That's how I intend to spin it.)

Issac Revero takes a moment to loudly clear his throat and speaks to the intercom. "Where are you?, Where is the Postwick Transmitting Station?, Why should I trust you?, Where's my stuff?, And WHY THE FUCK ARE WE ALL FREAKING MUTANTS!?"

Spoiler: Issac Revero (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 24, 2019, 07:23:30 pm »

(Lawyers get a bonus to lying? That's hilarious! Though I think that in order to truly count, it should need to be "Technically" true. That's how I intend to spin it.)
(Haha yeah, I should have said 'being creative with the truth'...)

Issac Revero takes a moment to loudly clear his throat and speaks to the intercom. "Where are you?, Where is the Postwick Transmitting Station?, Why should I trust you?, Where's my stuff?, And WHY THE FUCK ARE WE ALL FREAKING MUTANTS!?"
[Isaac rolls 2+1-2empathy+1lawyer=2]
Isaac begins interrogating Mr White as if he were a hostile witness.

"Yes, about that..." Mr White begins before being cut off by white noise broken up only briefly by snatches of words. "...sea...far...I...well...necessary..." the line crackles for some time before his voice comes back in fully. "The line is breaking up. I think I can manage just one more question each..."

Isaac gains +1 tally for critical failure.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 07:29:22 pm by notquitethere »

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 24, 2019, 07:28:35 pm »

"You." Tim Tam says, poking the freshly awakened Sandeep in the leg, "Ask." She says in her voices usual monotone, pointing at the intercom.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 24, 2019, 08:06:01 pm »

Issac felt pretty sure that this Mr White was full of crap. Though the only choices Issac had were to play along or just walk away. He decided to re-iterate the big one.

Taking a breath, Issac said... "Why were we turned into mutants, when we were supposed to be cryogenically frozen?"

A cryogenically frozen person would not undergo any normal bodily functions, much less rapid mutation. Issac knew that what he had become was not the result of two minutes of exposure to the air when he was unfrozen and it certainly wasn't the result of anything that happened prior to the freezing. Issac tactfully ommitted the part about how this was a huge breach of the contract he signed.

websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 24, 2019, 08:09:19 pm »

Spoiler: El Tigre Picante (click to show/hide)

"Gracias señor robot."
Follow the metal boy.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 24, 2019, 08:15:13 pm »

"Ask what?  Seems pretty straightforward.  It's now the future, everything wants to kill us, and it's time to fight for our lives."

"How is my wife?"

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 24, 2019, 08:28:29 pm »

Character sheet:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 24, 2019, 08:36:46 pm »

(I'm gonna spend my five Tallys on increasing my weird stat.)

"Robot can you at least tell me what the mascot for the stadium is?"
I also follow the robot.
Spoiler: Dr. Goldstine (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 24, 2019, 08:54:52 pm »

Kam gains mutation:

Confusion
Kam can confuse anyone he can see. The confusion can vary from mild forgetfulness, to full-blown hallucination.

Kam wakes in Walt Labs, hearing a whole conversation with a 'Mr White' playing out as he comes into full control of his body again...

Walt Labs
"You." Tim Tam says, poking the freshly awakened Sandeep in the leg, "Ask." She says in her voices usual monotone, pointing at the intercom.
Taking a breath, Issac said... "Why were we turned into mutants, when we were supposed to be cryogenically frozen?"
"How is my wife?"
Mr White rattles off his answers rapidly. As he does, a second cryochamber hisses open and Kam walks out, cool as anything.

"You were all perfect test subjects for Project Reconquista. Each of you has been altered to better survive the dangerous world you live in. It's a gift! I won't apologise for the rude invasion of bodily autonomy, you're very lucky to have bodies in the first place..." before he can expand any further, the intercom crackles more. "As for Harjinder... is she not with you? ... Ah! The readings say her chamber opened 39 days ago. My colleague Dr Davis should have been present... he was meant to bring the newly released to Cromer Pier but I've received no word from him.... Miss Tam... Mr ...Kam? I'm breaking up here... anything?"

Isaac gains +1 tally for discovering that the mutations were deliberately induced to help the frozen survive the dangers of the new world.
Sandeep gains +1 tally for discovering that Dr Davis lead other mutants north, aiming for Cromer Pier.

Thorny Industrial Estate
Follow the metal boy.
(I'm gonna spend my five Tallys on increasing my weird stat.)

"Robot can you at least tell me what the mascot for the stadium is?"
I also follow the robot.
The drone continues to ignore Dr Goldstine's questioning as the two follow it northeast. They break out of the woods and arrive among an industrial estate. Thick thorny brambles fill the space. Both can see the path that El Tigre trampled the day before, from northeast to south. Unfortunately, they need to create a new path from southwest to northeast, where the drone is disappearing off towards.

Now they're out from under the cover of the trees, they can see a blimp hovering in the sky about a mile away to the northeast. It definitely wasn't there before! On the side of the blimp is the slogan:

TERRATERROR!

(Re-trying a failed thing again when nothing has changed, will usually just auto-fail, but not critically.)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 11:17:11 am by notquitethere »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 24, 2019, 09:12:02 pm »

Kam looks around for someone before turning to Mr. White. "Doc, where's my sister at? She's supposed to have been chosen as well.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 24, 2019, 09:24:18 pm »

Kam looks around for someone before turning to Mr. White. "Doc, where's my sister at? She's supposed to have been chosen as well.
"Your sister Ray wasn't taken to the Norcom facility... let me check... oh... that Ray. She broke out of Loncom early on in the project. Indeed, she's the reason there isn't a Loncom any more. Her alterations... we made them too powerful. We made sure not to repeat the mistake in the other four labs."

Ray gains +1 tally for discovering that mutation experiments were performed in five different Walt laboratories.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 24, 2019, 09:27:33 pm »

Issac figured that Mr White was probably right about him being better off as a mutant. It was somewhat bothersome that the odds were stacked against him, but the end result was favorable. Maybe he would only sue him a little bit when this was over. For now, Issac decideded to see if he can get more than what was initially agreed upon.

"I know I already asked a question, so here's a statement instead. If you have an ulterior motive to having me go to the Postwick Transmitting Station, you should tell us where it is."

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 24, 2019, 09:43:52 pm »

Yeah that sounds like Ray. Any idea where she might be now? I'm one half a duet here doc.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 44