Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 44

Author Topic: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Part One Ends  (Read 64590 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Welcome to the future!
« Reply #180 on: June 24, 2019, 10:05:50 pm »

"North, then?  A pier?  Well, no time to lose."

Leave the lab and head out NE towards the flooded bridge area.  Look around for a weapon as I go.  Move slowly, and stealthily./b]

Spoiler: Char Sheet (click to show/hide)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Everything is gone to the dogs...
« Reply #181 on: June 25, 2019, 12:39:16 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Like the great pioneers, we go west. Westward, hooo!" Theodore replies softly, hoping his hangover clears up soon.

I'll take another mutation for a -1 in will. Then I shall head Northwest.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Welcome to the future!
« Reply #182 on: June 25, 2019, 05:20:53 am »

Walt Labs
"I know I already asked a question, so here's a statement instead. If you have an ulterior motive to having me go to the Postwick Transmitting Station, you should tell us where it is."
Yeah that sounds like Ray. Any idea where she might be now? I'm one half a duet here doc.
[Isaac rolled 6+6-2empathy+1lawyer=11]
[Kam rolled 1+6+1empathy=8]
"Ah of course, this is the most vital thing..." says Mr White through the static. "The transmitting station is exactly four miles due east from the railway station just across the river from here. There should be a bridge. Without the tower, most of the threats in the area will be greatly weakened."

Then he hears Kam's question. There's a brief whirring as the camera takes in the assembled group.

"I'm sorry, Miss Tam, but I'm going to have to give him this... London. Your sister was in London when she broke out. My colleague Dr Davis is more familiar with the case. I- I don't recommend going to London unprepared. It's a hundred mile trek southwest from from here across heavily guarded wilderness."

And with that last message there's an extended burst of white noise and then the light on the panel goes dead...

Kam gains +1 tally for getting a lead on the location of his sister,  as per his big dream.

Flooded Bridge
"North, then?  A pier?  Well, no time to lose."

Leave the lab and head out NE towards the flooded bridge area.  Look around for a weapon as I go.  Move slowly, and stealthily./b]
[Sandeep rolled 6+3+1wits=10]
Sandeep heads northeast out of the lab. The sun is rising above the crumbling buildings that tower around him in this part of the city. As he gets closer to the river, he can see where burst banks have eroded the foundations of buildings and led them to sinking into the water. soon he is at the side of the river, which bloats here. The river bank stretches north and southeast. All he can see of the bridge that once led across here is an arch of metal sticking out of the middle of the river.

He keeps a low profile and looks for a weapon. He spots a car, half submerged in the river, mostly rusted out, its boot long warped and popped open. Inside he spots a large socket wrench for removing tyre nuts. It has a good heft to it, but isn't too bulky either.

Sandeep gains Socket Wrench.

Big dream: Exploration.
You probably want to be a bit more specific here as I'm not going to give you an extra tally every time you explore somewhere new. Discover new natural wonders? Visit settlements? Find secret locations?

Terraces
"Like the great pioneers, we go west. Westward, hooo!" Theodore replies softly, hoping his hangover clears up soon.

I'll take another mutation for a -1 in will. Then I shall head Northwest.
Theodore gains the mutation:

Whiskers
Hundreds of fine bristles burst from Theodore's face, allowing him to sense objects in the dark, measure air currents and feel for upcoming threats.

Theodore begins to feel in bad need of a shave as fine hairs burst from his skin.

"YOU GROW MIGHTY!" Viktor bellows. "SOON YOU WILL BE ABLE TO TASTE DELICIOUS NECTAR IN THE AIR!"

Him and Timmy continue on out of the mall. Ed follows, in a tired daze. They pass into a vast multi-levelled series of terraces between huge grey concrete towers, each connected by a number of bridges. Vines spread up and choke the lower levels of the towers, and looking down there is only thick foliage. It will require some cunning to pick their way across this maze of towers and bridges.

Theodore gains +1 tally for exploration.
Ed gains +1 tally for exploration.

A point about scale: each hex is about half a mile.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - More Questions Than Answers...
« Reply #183 on: June 25, 2019, 05:23:48 am »

Spoiler: El Tigre Picante (click to show/hide)

Go NE

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 25, 2019, 05:42:43 am »

Stepping Stones
Go NE
[El Tigre rolled: 3+3+2Body-1wound-1hunger+1assistance=7]
El Tigre struggles to push his way through the thorns with his aching shoulder and the hunger in his stomach, but with Dr Goldstine alongside him also trampling them down, they manage to scramble their way through. However, no real path was forged and it will be just as difficult if they were to return this way.

They soon find themselves beside the river. On the opposite bank, they can see emerging from the water what is clearly a medieval stone tower- one more relic of this ancient city. There was once a bridge crossing here to the northeast, but it is now flooded. However, where the bridge once was there were are cars, now trapped, half-submerged. It would be possible to jump from roof to roof, though each is slick with river slime.

The drone cheerfully flies across northeast, under the shadow of the blimp above.

El Tigre gains +1 tally for exploration.
Goldstine gains +1 tally for exploration.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 25, 2019, 05:48:21 am »

The mystery list has been updated and now its in the OP as well.

Spoiler: List of Mysteries (click to show/hide)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 25, 2019, 06:26:33 am »

Spoiler: Tim Tam (click to show/hide)

Tim Tam waits for the last message to finish, before heading out to the flooded bridge to try and figure out the best way to cross over it. They do not actually cross however, instead waiting for the others to show up. Tim Tam could tell that they would show up, most adults weren't the type to let children wander alone outside, even in places that were safe, let alone that were like the world they now lived in.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 25, 2019, 06:27:23 am »

El Tigre shouts ahead, "Hey, tin boy. Who or what are you?"
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 06:30:19 am by Wozzy »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 25, 2019, 07:21:56 am »

Flooded Bridge
Tim Tam waits for the last message to finish, before heading out to the flooded bridge to try and figure out the best way to cross over it.
[Tim Tam rolls 2+3+2wits=7]
Tim Tam walks out of the lab and through the towering ruins to the shore of the river. Sandeep is here, contemplating the water. They try to work out the best way to cross. They could swim across, of course, but then they'd be soaked to the bone and it would be difficult swimming while trying to carry the iron bar. The best way would then seem to either be to walk along the shore north or southeast until a better crossing could be found, or to fashion some kind of raft. But if the latter, they would need to get lucky and find something suitable in the nearby building. The final possibility would be to try and take a run up with Tim Tam's incredible speed... but it's hard to know whether the distance could even be cleared that way.

As Sandeep and Tim Tam are looking around, they see a blimp about a mile away to the east, across the river!

Stepping Stones
El Tigre shouts ahead, "Hey, tin boy. Who or what are you?"
[El Tigre rolled 2+4+1empathy-1hunger=6]
El Tigre, shouts across to the drone, but his voice is weak from hunger and the drone disappears off on the opposite bank of the river, behind some crumbled buildings.

El Tigre gains +1 tally for critical failure.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 25, 2019, 08:12:19 am »

Spend 5 xp tallys to upgrade Weird

"Uh oh, looks like we gotta book it. Lo siento doctor, but you'll probably slow me down if I don't do this."

Pick the doctor up and and set him down so he is riding piggyback. Leap car roof to car roof, grabbing them with his metal vice grip hands.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 25, 2019, 08:23:32 am »

"Uh oh, looks like we gotta book it. Lo siento doctor, but you'll probably slow me down if I don't do this."

Pick the doctor up and and set him down so he is riding piggyback. Leap car roof to car roof, grabbing them with his metal vice grip hands.
"This seems like a strange way to do this, but if you want to do it I wont stop you."
Do the thing El Tigre wants me to do.
Spoiler: Dr. Goldstine (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 25, 2019, 09:22:31 am »

Southwest is the answer for me it seems. Anyone else here going that way? I wouldn't mind some company on the road ahead. says Kam to those who are still in the lab.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 25, 2019, 10:03:40 am »

(Decided to change it to something more specific.)

"..Well, Can't cross here.  Where did you say you ran into the robots again?  I think I'm just going to keep following the river."

Head North, along the river.  Continue creeping along stealthily.  Unless Tam says that all the dangerous robots are to the north, in which case follow the river southeast.

Spoiler: Char Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 07:37:15 pm by Devastator »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 25, 2019, 04:24:28 pm »

At this point, Issac figures he got just about as much information as he was going to get from Mr White. He would keep the broadcast tower in mind, but rushing to that place immediately would probably be unwise. He didn't even see why a broadcast tower would be so detrimental to his well being.

There was also some appeal to going in the exact opposite direction as the tower, and travelling alone seemed somewhat unwise. He could always just head back later when he got some more wisdom about the new world.

Issac Revero decided to start travelling to the Southwest.

Spoiler: Issac Revero (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 26, 2019, 05:18:18 am »

Stepping Stones
Do the thing El Tigre wants me to do.
[El Tigre rolled 3+5+1weird+1luchadore-1hunger-1cutshoulder=8]
El Tigre picks up the much taller man, and sets him gamely on his shoulders. It hurts, with the cut, but hauling people around is El Tigre's whole stock and trade. He leaps from car to car, then finally onto the last slick car where he slips onto his backside. He's able to prevent falling in the water, by ramming his metal hand through the roof. Now Goldstine is standing on the back of a car in the river, about six feet from the northeast bank of the river and El Tigre is half submerged, hanging onto a car roof by his metal fingers. It is too slick to consider anymore piggybacking.

Park Sycamore Woods
Southwest is the answer for me it seems. Anyone else here going that way? I wouldn't mind some company on the road ahead. says Kam to those who are still in the lab.
Issac Revero decided to start travelling to the Southwest.
Kam and Isaac head out of the lab and into the woods. Tall sycamore trees tower over them as they pass through a clearing made up of rusting children's play equipment and dozens of mushrooms. The woods continue all directions south, while the city looms to the north.

Flooded School
Head North, along the river.  Continue creeping along stealthily.  Unless Tam says that all the dangerous robots are to the north, in which case follow the river southeast.
[Sandeep rolls 1+1+wits1=3]
After Tim Tam says nothing about any dangerous northern robots, the pair of them head north along the river side. Sandeep keeps a low profile and keeps his eyes peeled for danger. They splash through the puddles in the playground of a sunken school. The crumbling school building lies ahead of them, the encroaching river to their side, with a long fence still intact on the other side. They don't notice the cyberwolf that is stalking them until its already nearly upon them!

The beast is the size of a large dog and has a chrome outer chassis. It's eyes are camera and its teeth are razors. Bits of decrepit fur stick out of the gaps between its metal casing. It leaps towards the pair!

Sandeep gains +1 tally for critical failure.
Sandeep and Tim Tam gain +1 tally for exploration.

Cathedral
Meanwhile, at the cathedral, a huge pack of cyberbeasts pours out from the side street, visible to all. There's a cyberbear, a cyberlion, three cyberdogs and even a cyberrhino... Dell and Frog start pedaling when they see the threat.

"Get in the cart or run!" shouts Dell to Keiko, Kateryna and Agasha. Agasha looks at Keiko, ready to follow her lead.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 05:20:00 am by notquitethere »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 44