Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: DELVER INC.: Shady Aftermath (NO WAITLISTING)  (Read 9001 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DELVER INC.: Shady Shuffle Kerfuffle (Waitlist Open)
« Reply #90 on: June 05, 2019, 06:29:16 am »

"Damn it, I was going to kill that one."
Smash shade 2's head in with my golf club.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 08, 2019, 06:47:11 pm »

This thing didn't seem long for this world with the rest of these guys on its case and the space-hole in its chest, still, better safe than sorry, Slash the left over Shade with the space sword if it's still living after all that

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 08, 2019, 10:27:29 pm »

THE SHADY SHUFFLE KERFUFFLE: ROUND 4 The Kerfuffling

((Imma try this style again. I took a walk down memory lane with Seltsame Insel. and I'm gonna use this old style to do it.))

Diggy shuffles over to the remaining shade. "Can't be too careful with ghosts..."

Bury pick into remaining shade skull.

(5 vs 8 ) Diggy misses by a large margin and the pick thunks into the ground. The shade is stunned by the act of Diggy swinging this pick at him. Or maybe that's the pain of getting suckerpunched in the face. Either way it stays right where it's at.

Kick the shade to the ground, stomp down on its chest, and then drive my fist through its face into the ground.

(20 vs 20(17 vs 15)) Theta 5, in a stroke of pure cosmic coincidence has had his number called and the stars aligned. This gave him the strength of a hundred Theta 5s. He kicks the Shade to the ground with a mighty and sound-barrier-breaking kick, but the shade is too powerful to be delegged by this kick. It's a battle of the titans with Theta 5 being an almost irresistible force and the shade an almost immovable object.
   Theta 5 climbs atop the shade and winds up a power punch, but at the same moment the strength he had just had leaves him. He (9 vs 7) Strikes the Shade and bruises his face, but not much else.

"Damn it, I was going to kill that one."
Smash shade 2's head in with my golf club.

(2 vs 14) The Shade throws Theta 5 off him just as Blarg swings his golf club. It strikes Theta in the head (10 vs 3) and staggers him slightly. The golf club bends in a 45 degree angle from the blow.

This thing didn't seem long for this world with the rest of these guys on its case and the space-hole in its chest, still, better safe than sorry, Slash the left over Shade with the space sword if it's still living after all that

Cassidy slashes the shade with his space rending sword. (11 vs 2) The results may surprise you. He catches the shade between the shoulder and the neck, cutting the shade's right are completely off. Black blood spurts from the wound and lands with an angry sizzle against the grass. The rift (14 vs 19) does nothing but cut the severed arm in half as it falls.

Shade 2 goes into shock and cannot attack until the shock has ended ((2 turns)).

Shade 1: Death by Diggy
Shade 2: Heavily bruised, missing tooth, dazed, rifted, Severed Arm [R]
Shade 3: Escaped
Shade 4: Death by Diggy
Shade 5: Escaped

Spoiler: Theta-5 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Diggy (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blarg (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bullet Cassidy (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 05:24:22 pm by Sosoku234 »
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 08, 2019, 11:08:14 pm »

._.

Did I not even get a resistance roll to being hit in the head with a golf club or anything like that?

Also: robot.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 09, 2019, 01:37:32 am »

"Oh shit I hit the robot, and I fucked up my golf club."
Pull out my gun and shoot the shade in the chest as many times as possible.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 03:38:37 am by King Zultan »
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 09, 2019, 06:50:58 am »

._.

Did I not even get a resistance roll to being hit in the head with a golf club or anything like that?

((Well, I guess that would have been a bit smoother, but at time of writing I just thought '2. Somthing bad but not catastrophically bad'. As for the while unconscious thing, my first throight was that it knocks your head off and you have to go find your head. I scrapped that because I'm not sure how sight works with war forged. I defaulted to just knocking you unconscious as a safety. I'll go about fixing this in a bit.))
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 09, 2019, 07:24:00 am »

Well now Diggy was angry. How hard could it be to kill a stunned ghost? "Die! Die! Die!"

Stomp on the ghost's face repeatedly.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 09, 2019, 05:07:36 pm »

(Don't forget, the Rift should also be doing damage)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 09, 2019, 05:40:30 pm »

._.

((Well, I guess that would have been a bit smoother, but at time of writing I just thought '2. Somthing bad but not catastrophically bad'. As for the while unconscious thing, my first throight was that it knocks your head off and you have to go find your head. I scrapped that because I'm not sure how sight works with war forged. I defaulted to just knocking you unconscious as a safety. I'll go about fixing this in a bit.))
Thanks Sosoku.

Now.

Shade's head. Thunder Cannon. Bang.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 09, 2019, 10:08:39 pm »

attempt to find the rest of the group

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 10:12:58 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
Re: DELVER INC.: Shady Aftermath (NO MORE WAITLISTING)
« Reply #100 on: June 10, 2019, 05:59:59 pm »

THE SHADY SHUFFLE KERFUFFLE: ROUND 5 The Kerfuffling 2: Electric Boogaloo

"Oh shit I hit the robot, and I fucked up my golf club."
Pull out my gun and shoot the shade in the chest as many times as possible.

Blarg goes ballistic Heh at the loss of his golf club and draws one of the two 1911s. He fires at the Shade's chest (10 vs 12), Missing by a a few inches can't even hit center of mass.

Well now Diggy was angry. How hard could it be to kill a stunned ghost? "Die! Die! Die!"

Stomp on the ghost's face repeatedly.

Diggy is quite frustrated at the stubborn survivability of the shade and decides enough is enough and moves to stomp on its head. (6 vs 20) His foot collides with the shade's head, but instead of blasting it open like a watermelon, it instantly breaks Diggy's foot, shattering his metatarsals into dust. That's what you get for stomping on Shadowminium

Quote from: Glass
Shade's head. Thunder Cannon. Bang.

Theta, being sick and fucking tired of having to kick this shade about, pulls his Thunder Cannon. (20 vs 3) He stuffs the barrel into the shade's mouth and says some line from a really cool action movie pulls the trigger and blows the shade's head to smithereens. Black blood not present, as it was instantly vaporized by the power of the round going through its skull. There's a sizable crater in the ground next to it, as if the gods themselves had propelled it faster than ever. Everyone else is silent for a moment, the only noise is the moaning of the dude on the crate and the sound of sizzling in the crater.

Cassidy doesn't have a chance to do anything, before the fight's finally over. The rift disappears from the space the Shade just occupied.

attempt to find the rest of the group

Being the newest person to jump through the transportalponder, Nemra hasn't the foggiest where everyone went. Their scents were washed away with the rain ((Yes I know that the trails washing away is highly improbable considering that they only went about a mile and it's only been about 25 minutes.)) She can see Pripyat in the distance and Chernobyl the other direction roughly equidistant from her current location. She also sees the house in front of the shed. She does not see any trace of where the rest of the party might have went, except to the road. Any mud they may have tracked has since washed away.

Decimatius arrives at the next moment behind Nemra and sees the same as she does. His grenade-olier tinks softly as he moves about.

Spoiler: Theta-5 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Diggy (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blarg (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bullet Cassidy (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nemra (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Decimatius (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 06:19:01 pm by Sosoku234 »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 10, 2019, 06:06:53 pm »

Nemra heads to Pripyat

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DELVER INC.: Shady Aftermath (NO WAITLISTING)
« Reply #102 on: June 10, 2019, 06:44:13 pm »

Alright, rest and recovery time. Let's go get my other arm and set about repairing the connections.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 10, 2019, 08:46:56 pm »

"What a trip, eh? Oh, walking away already." Deci says cheerily. "Well, the briefing mentioned something about Chernobyl, and I smell... impending detonation. I could use a few rad grenades... Never been to a pre-meltdown Chernobyl, actually.."

Bad idea decided, the young demolitionist marches off to the place she heard of in old tales- Chernobyl, the First Great Wastes!
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 10, 2019, 08:51:36 pm »

"HNGNnnn-- ow. Ow. Ow. Ow."

Assess damage to foot.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8