Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: DELVER INC.: Shady Aftermath (NO WAITLISTING)  (Read 9019 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: DELVER INC.: In the Shed (Waitlist Open)
« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2019, 07:21:01 pm »

Theta pulls out his warhammer, taking an opportunistic shot with his integrated crossbow as he does so, and then rushes in and strikes down the nearest shade.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DELVER INC.: In the Shed (Waitlist Open)
« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2019, 08:47:00 pm »

"Aw shit their coming over here now."
Shoot them until the get to close to someone on my team, when they get close start hitting them with the golf club.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
Re: DELVER INC.: SHADY SHUFFLE KERFUFFLE (Waitlist Open)
« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2019, 02:25:52 pm »

THE SHADY SHUFFLE KERFUFFLE: ROUND 2

Cassidy, realizes that at this range it'd probably be better to cut them down with his sword. He spies the closest shade and slashes at the shady being. "Alright, lets see how ya take this!" He yells while slashing. (6 vs 17) The sword travels right through the shade, doing nothing. There's a whirl of black smoke where the sword leaves its body. It's next to impossible to not breathe it in, (11 vs 10) it doesn't do anything to Cassidy. The grass that it touches dies instantly.

Diggy, in a flash of brilliance, realizes that the radius of the dynamite would likely hit the party. He holsters the cannon and pulls his pick out and charges the closest shade, this is just after Cassidy had swung and done nothing. The smoke touches Diggy (20 vs 1). It immediately bolsters his physique and makes him much faster and much stronger (Diggy gains the Shade Smoke buff. It adds +2 to all physical actions for three turns.). He raises his pick and (15+2 vs 4) Puts his pick into the shade's head, spilling black blood (3 vs 19) onto himself and the ground. It burns like fire and causes the skin to blister where it touches. It evaporates immediately upon contact with Diggy and the ground. (Diggy gains the Shadeburn debuff: Adds 1 degree of pain. (-1 to all rolls) for 2 turns or until healed) The shade slumps to the ground.

Theta 5 holsters his cannon and unholsters his hammer, taking a pot shot with his crossbow arm at the same time. (9 vs 11) The bolt goes wide and sails off into the woods. He runs to and swings at the next closest shade (Shade 2), (19 vs 18) smashing it's foot with the power of Thor himself. But the Shade's foot resists the damage that the hammer would have done. Instead of crushing the foot and turning its metatarsals into dust, it merely leaves it with a nasty bruise.

Blarg, kinda freaking out, says "Aw shit their coming over here now." He shoots at Shade 3 (14 vs 18) the bullets go wide. The shades continue to approach, but not very fast. Blarg get close to Theta and readies his golf club. (Blarg gains the Ready to Strike buff: If an enemy target moves during the RS, the character will strike them)

With the death of Shade 1 and the aggression against Shade 2, they falter in their pursuit and begin retreating to the woods. Only one remains. Shade 2, enraged by the hammer to the foot, swipes at Theta. (13 vs 2) It lands with a sickening crunch on Theta's hammer arm. The arm has been broken. (Theta 5 gains Broken Limb: You can no longer use this appendage until it is set) Blarg takes the nearest retreating shade (Shade 4) and swings his golf club with lethal intent (13 vs 2). He hits the shade solidly in the head, disorienting and staggering the shade. It stumbles back to the battle in its desperate retreat from Blarg.

Shade 1: Dead (from Diggy)
Shade 2: Lightly bruised (Theta 5)
Shade 3 & 5: 15 feet from the woods
Shade 4: Concussion (Blarg)

Spoiler: Theta-5 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Diggy (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blarg (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bullet Cassidy (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 03:33:05 pm by Sosoku234 »
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DELVER INC.: Shady Shuffle Kerfuffle (Waitlist Open)
« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2019, 03:25:44 pm »

(well, I uh, meant to do the special attack, but okay)

Bullet pauses for but a moment, the small-yet-harmful rift in space decidedly not having appeared along the path of her blade. "Do I really need to say the thing? Ugh, fine. BACK UP TIN MAN!" She says, before rushing in to perform another swing at the one that just broke the Glitch's arm. "A... ASUTEROSABERU, SLAAASH!"(feel free to mess up the name if I flub the roll)

charge the shade attacking Theta and use the Asuterosaberu DXs special move on it

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 03, 2019, 03:32:35 pm »

(well, I uh, meant to do the special attack, but okay)

Bullet pauses for but a moment, the small-yet-harmful rift in space decidedly not having appeared along the path of her blade. "Do I really need to say the thing? Ugh, fine. BACK UP TIN MAN!" She says, before rushing in to perform another swing at the one that just broke the Glitch's arm. "A... ASUTEROSABERU, SLAAASH!"(feel free to mess up the name if I flub the roll)

charge the shade attacking Theta and use the Asuterosaberu DXs special move on it

((I forgot for a moment that it had a special effect. I'll just have it do a second attack effect per turn the entity attacked is in it, stacked up to 2 times. (So you don't just cheese tough enemies.) I'll make sure to remember that from now on. If you could specify when using astral tear or not, that'd be fantastic.))
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2019, 03:41:49 pm »

Annoying. [A friendly reminder that Theta is mechanical, ladies and gentlemen.]

Theta swings his fist, intending to catch his opponent right in the side of the head.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2019, 04:40:17 pm »

Theta swings his fist, intending to catch his opponent right in the side of the head.

((That's why i didn't apply the pain debuff, as i feel a magic robot probably won't feel pain.))

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2019, 04:47:44 pm »

((That's why i didn't apply the pain debuff, as i feel a magic robot probably won't feel pain.))
[Alright, good. Just making sure.]

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 04, 2019, 06:59:29 am »

"What even are these things?"
Keep beating shade 4 to death.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 04, 2019, 08:41:48 am »

"Oww! G-g-GNAAA"

Diggy has entered a martial trance!

Sneak up behind Shade 4 and drive the pick through its skull.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 04, 2019, 07:13:48 pm »

THE SHADY SHUFFLE KERFUFFLE: ROUND 3

Cassidy comes to the sudden and devastating realization that the sword did not activate. "Do I really need to say the thing? Ugh, fine. BACK UP TIN MAN!" Theta 5 ignores the novakid's warning. He swings at the shade yelling (10 vs 7) "A... ASUTEROSABERU, SLAAASH!" The sword opens a rift in space and time, right on the shade, the blade (15 vs 9) slashes through the shade's chest spattering blood (19 vs 3, 14 vs 8 ) onto the ground and coating the blade of Astrosaber. The shade is still standing, but now has a rift in its chest.

Theta 5 is highly annoyed and swings his not broken fist at the shade's head. (15 vs 5) He catches the shade off guard and bruises it badly, breaking out a large black fang, and staggering it slightly.

Blarg is really freaked out now and asks "What even are these things?" He swings again at Shade 4. (14 vs 5) He hits it again, knocking it unconscious.

Diggy channels his inner super sayan, and sneaks up to the unconscious Shade 4, swings his pick and (17+2-1 vs 1) Caves in its skull in one hit.

The shades that aren't in active combat escape to the woods and disappear. That only leaves Shade 2 alive.

Shade 1: Death by Diggy
Shade 2: Heavily bruised, missing tooth, dazed, rifted
Shade 3: Escaped
Shade 4: Death by Diggy
Shade 5: Escaped

Spoiler: Theta-5 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Diggy (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blarg (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bullet Cassidy (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 04, 2019, 07:56:25 pm »

So after this fight, will Nemra join the group?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 04, 2019, 08:13:50 pm »

Diggy shuffles over to the remaining shade. "Can't be too careful with ghosts..."

Bury pick into remaining shade skull.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 04, 2019, 08:15:23 pm »

Kick the shade to the ground, stomp down on its chest, and then drive my fist through its face into the ground.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 05, 2019, 03:54:03 am »

So after this fight, will Nemra join the group?

Maybe.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8