Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16

Author Topic: On the Origins of Conflict (IC)  (Read 15587 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: On the Origins of Conflict (IC)
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2019, 04:09:13 am »

Spoiler: Civilizations (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Notable Entities (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mortals (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mundane Life (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Servants (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Artifacts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Laws (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 08:54:04 am by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2019, 09:11:30 am »

Thanks for waiting!

The Power of Original Gods has been updated too. For now, Power regeneration will follow these rules:

Base Power per turn: +2

Additional Power per turn if in a Plane of related Origin/Element:
For your Source, get +2
For each Domain, get +1
For every 2 related Subdomains, get +1

I won't lie that I'm still testing out waters with that. I don't want Power and stuff to feel unforgiving or too unfair for non-Originals, so I will likely keep tweaking things around.

Now on Ichor. For now, you will recover 1 Ichor every 2 Turns. Increased to 1 Ichor per turn if in a Source.
You can recover 1 Ichor per turn by sleeping. Each turn spent sleeping will increase the recovered amount by 1. (So sleeping 2 turns will make 3 Ichor recovered)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2019, 09:39:20 am »

"The I that is not sees that the Sluda are hungry, and provides for them and all future peoples. Let the Sharks that are Worlds be filled with false life, so that all may fulfill the need of hunger which they do not need."

Action 1: [5 Power for Tier 1 ecosystem] Like a dog shaking itself dry, Motion like Violence ungulates rapidly in place, causing all sorts of ticks and fungi and skin diseases to scatter from its constantly fighting form scattering towards the three Worldsharks swimming in the expanse. Tendrils and tongues are quickly extended into fertile soil or bore into unwelcoming rock or slither through murky waters, and these fragments of life begin to establish themselves, over time developing into a flourishing and strangling chain and web of life, a crushing pyramid of food. Thorned vines strangle anger lizards only to be trampled by thunder-herds. Choking jungles grow atop fields of bone and packs of deer deer charge at each other over open grassland, crashing into each other in a gory mess of wickedly sharp antler.

Species Name: Violent Web
Origin/Element: Violence
Tier: 1 - Creatures
Description: A system of life where aggression is optimized and maximized. Animals and plants will often disregard their own wellbeing to attack others and offensive adaptations are heavily favoured over anything defensive. Reproduction, growth and proliferation is rapid to compensate for this. In addition to nutrition from conventional sources, creatures of the Violent Web get food and empowerment from throwing themselves into battle and wading fiercely through the deepest rivers of violence.

Traits:
- Violent
- Gains sustenance and strength from violence
- Creatures of Violence are extremely passionate, especially in regards to emotions such as Anger, Lust, Love and Hate.
- For creatures that live in packs, dominance competitions are incredibly brutal and usually fatal, but to compensate the alpha grows significantly stronger and larger than the baseline creatures of the pack.

Action 2: [3 Ichor] Some of Motion like Violence's many heads observed Jigsaw and was happy with the success of violence, but sad for it foresaw the end of violence. It blamed itself. So sharp was it's accusations and acidic commentary that three of its bloated hearts were ripped from it by biting words. These hearts of course possessing minds of their own, flew to the hungry maws of the three Worldsharks, and brought over them a subtle change, spawning within each a hateful mind of low cunning and spreading a faint taint of violence within them. Hopefully this would prevent one of the Worldsharks from overpowering the other two. Of course, now having minds, the Worldsharks are now vulnerable to the insidious light of the Hydra-sun.

Species Name: Worldsharks
- Jigsaw
- Bitey
- Multitude

Origin/Element: Violence, Balance, Creation
Tier: Original Beasts (Tier 4)
Description: Three truly mind-staggeringly huge sharks who are worlds, with spines and teeth of metal, blood and heart of magma and skin and flesh of dirt and stone and eyes of ice. They swim through the void and fight with each other, designed to be in a rough balance so that their conflict and violence may never end.

Traits:
- Each Worldshark is a world in and of itself.
- The Worldsharks can eat worlds or part of worlds and add it to themselves, this is the entire basis of the three-shark cycle.
- The Worldsharks constantly fight and battle with each other, biting off chunks and then having chunks bitten off. If one shark should gain a decisive advantage in this eternal battle and grow significantly larger than the other two, the two smaller ones will team up to attack the larger together until a rough parity is once again restored.
- Worldsharks love eating spleens

Action 3: [1 Power/turn] Motion like Violence bestows a minor blessing on the World-Sharks making them better at fighting violently, inclining them towards the Violence origin over time.

Action 4: Motion like Violence spends some time recovering power bathing in the fonts of the Source of Violence, for indeed, Violence seems to be ever on the rise.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 12:12:50 pm by Demonic Spoon »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2019, 10:34:12 am »

Time Trigger

Everything stops.

An Ultimate Blessing is laid upon the worlds of Multitude. From the earth and sea and sky, life yet to be made appears to seed the world with lush fruits and leaves. From now on, the worlds of Multitude shall be lush, conductive to that which grows on it's surface.

Code: [Select]
Name: Ultimate Blessing upon these Barren Worlds: Temporal Shift of Elysium
Class: Ultimate Blessing
Target: Multitude, and all it's worlds therein.
Effects:
Brings forth plants that have yet to be/evolve in Ages of Time.
Increases the Growth Rate and Birth Cycles of those plants on Multitude and it's Inner Worlds
Prevents long-term changes which would negatively impact a species on those worlds.(Does not affect Tier 3 or above)
Pushes those of Multiude and on/in affected toward Time Origins.(Long-Term Planning[Control of Self])

Addition Notes: Original Beast Creation allowed this turn to Multitude.(As well as other things by the Motion of Chaos.)

Time Trigger

And Time flows once again, as Motion of Violence's actions occur. Cirno Rests in her Domain.

While seeing them die out would be interesting, a story so short is dull.. It needs Variance.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 11:49:54 am by TricMagic »

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2019, 10:44:21 am »

With a Laugh of destructive power and malicious intent, Adam begins his work...
Action one: For five power I seed a new species of abomination across multitude
Species Name: The fruits of life
Origin/Element: Radiance
Tier: 2
Description: Starting as flowers, each with a brilliantly glowing sphere in the center. When a mortal consumes this glowing sphere, they will find a copy of it growing somewhere on their body, and will cease to feel hunger, for a while. In place of hunger these beings instill a desire for destruction a yearning to kill others and become whole. To this end they are granted powers, mutable weapons of radiant light, a defensive aura that repels damage, the power to transform into a massive monstrous form, and most importantly, the ability to grow stronger as they destroy. Through destroying and killing other lifeforms, these beings steadily get stronger and amp up their hosts. Once this gets to a certain point, the fruit will permanently transform the host into their monstrous form, filling them with a singleminded desire for destruction. These fruit reproduce by spraying microscopic spores from their hosts, seeding new flowers anywhere they travel.

Traits:
- When the sphere at the center of their flower is eaten it grants the following traits, in addition to reforming the sphere attached to the user's body
- Mutable weapons of light, capable of turning into whatever is needed, and possessing a burning power that can be emitted for energy attacks
- Replacing hunger and need to eat with a yearning for destruction, if the hosts go too long without destroying stuff and they'll go berserk.
- As the host destroys things the powers the fruit grants are increased
- Defensive aura that repels incoming attacks
- Ability to transform into a larger monstrous version of themselves
- And emission of spores that will spawn new flowers
- These spores are also spawned by the flowers themselves

Action 2
For five power and 1 Radiance essence, I create an anathema, Ardual, the Radiant of ascension, it spawns in the mortal realm, near a bright object.
Species Name: Ardual
Origin/Element: Radiance
Tier: 4
Description: A massive humanoid entity made of radiant light, ever consuming, ever adapting. It has one goal, ascend, by killing and death, by consuming other powerful entities, ascend. To this end its powers are mainly for destruction, aimed at killing other powerful entities to empower itself.

Traits:
- Able to open short lived gates to other planes
- Able to warp its form to adapt to different situations, defend itself, or attack foes with long reaching tendrils
- Insane regenerative abilities, if killed it will reform from light somewhere else and adapt to the previous problem
- Corruptive field acts as a defensive mechanism, it bends the world to defend itself.
- By eating the heart, or most of the body, of an entity ardual can increase its power, absorbing the eaten entities positive traits into its own, absorbing its essence into itself, making it stronger, faster, more powerful.
- Constantly emits burning radiant light, which it can manipulate for energy based attacks.
- Functionally immortal.
- Targets T3 creatures before going after T4 creatures
- Can dissolve itself and reform from light at any location that is well lit.
- Orbital flight.

Realm description
A massive ever shifting maze of light, burning, yearning to be whole. For in its heart is a sphere of darkness, a lack of light.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 10:52:27 am by dgr11897 »
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2019, 01:47:18 pm »

Goasis then decides to make an original shard to protect his source
Spoiler: balance is wonderful (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 02:24:32 am by darkwarlock3 »
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2019, 03:39:28 pm »

Azeri' kith gathers himself and spits forth a ball of flame, infusing it with essence he sends it towards the other stars, but apart, rotating around the worlds.
And then they wait.

Spoiler: Wildflame (click to show/hide)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2019, 03:44:24 pm »

Xanxerwild looks up and out, ichor and acid dripping from behind his mask at the other beings in the universe. Well, isn't this a surprise. To think there were such delicious creations floating about. There is more yet to be devoured... But first, seeds must be planted and the food grown... Perhaps these other being share my hunger...Xantherwild called out:

Who among you would meld your power with mine to bring life into this fledgling realm?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 03:47:44 pm by Roboson »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2019, 06:16:59 pm »

This one would offer Two of its power for the creation of an Original shard which will be given to the Sluda, this shard shall be detailed as follows...
Spoiler: Contracted Creation (click to show/hide)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2019, 10:27:33 pm »

The origin of chaos was kind enough to give Xanxerwild power to create an artifact.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Xanxerwild places it in the center of the Sludas civilization.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later Xanxerwild is struck by a thought. Much of Multitude was still lacking life and what life was there was unsatisfying to Xanxerwild. He swallowed an essence to regain power and set about his work.

He broke off dozens of the twigs off his horns and planted them into the surface of Multitude until a forest had taken root there. Then, using his power, he created a species of greater abominations.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 08:59:47 pm by Roboson »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2019, 11:09:20 pm »

"Hi, everyone! Nice to meet you all! I hope you guys don't mind we stay here for a while!" "I told you they would kick us out if you refused to paid the rent." "And I told you I was alseep!"

Eris sighs, and looks around the deserted and corrupted plane of *Chaos*

"Yeah, I think we're going to need somewhere to sleep. Can't believe we didn't even get a Realm this time!" "Maybe because we snuck inside this universe uninvited, without permission from the host?" "Whooops, I forgot. Sorry, Saga! I mean, the door was already open when we got here!" "Anyways, this universe looks way more agressive than the last one, so I suggest we start working on ways to defend ourselves." "I think you're being too paranoid, but alright!"

Eris and Discordia both spend 10 Power and 3 Ichor creating the following Shards:

"..." "What? You got to make your historical flag, it's only fair I get to make something too!" "I don't even know why do I try."
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 12:29:12 am by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2019, 05:42:21 am »

Vinegar. Not Honey, This.

Aspect (Group) 3 Ichor, 10 Power: Create the Acharya. They are instructed to tend to the needy sluda, to free them from their plight, to protect them from danger and evil, to teach them the ways of Hope, to guide their crafting of society and civilisation...but not to yet instruct them upon the final step of Liberation- they are not yet ready.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 04:57:33 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2019, 04:34:20 pm »

"Look! See how my little Sluda create!"
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2019, 11:58:54 pm »

Xanxerwild gives the Nameless Goddess one power.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2019, 09:18:39 am »

Time looms over Thought, as if to ask, why would you ask one who did not exist here?

Offers 1P in exchange for the 1P she just gained from the corrupted.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16