Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16

Author Topic: On the Origins of Conflict (IC)  (Read 15590 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: On the Origins of Conflict (IC)
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2019, 10:00:47 am »

PTW
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2019, 11:51:45 am »

I shall give five power to the shark world plan

Goasis then spends five power and 1 balance essence on making an astral body
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 12:26:31 pm by darkwarlock3 »
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2019, 02:52:33 pm »

Spoiler: Realm (click to show/hide)

"I care not about the form of the world. I only wish to create and to ensure beings can themselves create."
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2019, 03:00:52 pm »

"The self-devouring serpent creates a perfect loop, and yet creates nothing. If the sevenfold aspects of the destroyer wish to make things, why not start by making worlds which will themselves contain smaller worlds, a fractal microcosm of truthful lies."

Iris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2019, 03:06:16 pm »

"Potentally appealing."
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
But now I'm sinking

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2019, 03:18:49 pm »

"Potentally appealing."
A thousand screaming mouths whisper, tongues lash at the air, acidic spittle flies forms a cloud of mist that causes bloodshot eyes to weep rubies.

"Then as the triumphant conqueror go forth and create the world"

Iris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2019, 03:41:19 pm »

"I will contribute whatever is necessary to finish construction of the third shark-world, under the condition that it be itself aspected to Creation and containing smaller worlds as has been suggested."
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
But now I'm sinking

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2019, 03:55:39 pm »

"I will contribute whatever is necessary to finish construction of the third shark-world, under the condition that it be itself aspected to Creation and containing smaller worlds as has been suggested."
"By ancient pacts that were never made those who meld in union sacred may forge their brand of origin upon all three worlds if they so wish."

Motion like Violence suddenly freezes in place, before simple being gone like a shadow under sunlight. By a twist of motion, she appears in exactly the same spot, and continues,

"The blessing of the world-needle, inside the world-egg, inside the world-duck duck, inside the world-rabbit, inside the world-chest, inside the world-oak inside the world-spleen may also be shared to all three sharks if you so wish, to your utmost specifications upon weeping your lies of divine born might upon them. Or you may abandon agency and chain your desires to the blind workings of the I who is not."
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 11:30:38 am by Demonic Spoon »

Iris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2019, 04:02:33 pm »

"I wish only for creation. That which exists should exist. That is all I require."
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
But now I'm sinking

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2019, 04:12:12 pm »

Action 2: [5 Power (Motion of Violence) + 5 Power (Goasis) + 5 (Sekur)] Motion of Violence vomits up three mewling stomach parasites, who rapidly balloon and grow under the light of the Hydra-Sun, their skins turning rocky and earthy, their hearts molten, their constantly spawning teeth and spine metallic, their eyes and veins icy. Three giant worlds that carry the vague outlines of sharks in their forms, they stalk and chase each other across the void sea, biting and swallowing chunks, maintaining a rough equilibrium between the three.

And Goasis and Sekur saw the massive former parasites and in their heart organs flickered a certain fondness. Goasis balanced the three against each other upon solar scales, and with each balancing they grew larger and more perfect. Sekur massaged the nascent worlds, much to their thrashing pleasure, filling them with power, and with cutting strokes most quick and precise, carved open the innards of the third. With surgery deific the shark's spleen was replaced with a pulsing pocket spleen world, within which was a further pocket tree-world, within which was a spatial coffer-world, within which was a extradimensional egg-world, within which was a microcosm needle-world.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And Motion like Violence thought about that which she had done or perhaps had yet to do, and hated it and wished she could do it twice more, and knew she would always be content with its perfection.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 11:30:58 am by Demonic Spoon »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2019, 04:57:57 pm »

Acceptable worlds will be formed. Acting upon alternate plausibility.
Azeri' kith tears it itself, burning in a myriad colors, it calls out in ecstasy over its agony, cracking and shattering as its form wavers into an opening, and from this opening Life is called forth, One of the massive beasts making up his world travels forth, and is given true life and realized form in exchange, he speeds up, twisting and screaming so much harder, and from his existence an artifact is crystallized, An artifact known as Improvement.

Spoiler: Improvement (click to show/hide)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Iris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2019, 05:17:34 pm »

"An idea."

Populate the third world with the following: (3 Power)

Spoiler: Sluda (click to show/hide)
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
But now I'm sinking

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2019, 03:53:19 am »

On the Origins of Conflict
(OOC)

Cycle 1, Apex Phase: First Acts of the Gods

------First were the Realms, abodes of the Original Gods------

In the Source of Chaos, appears the Realm of Azeri' kith. A twisting world of ice and fire, of life and death. By the will of Azeri' kith, a mockery of life takes root in this impossible place. These crude beings, actors of an eternal tragedy, can never leave. They are but projections of Azeri' kith's Realm, and cannot exist beyond it.

Quote from: Realm of Chaos
The realm of chaos takes form, a twisted world ever in motion, where Islands of liquid fire burn darkly under clouds of vaporized ice as the seas of earth flow ever on. within this realm strange life holds sway, rotting plants that consume sound, and chittering creatures that feed on color stalk the lands above, and Deep in the skies below massive Things exist, not living, but never thinking- watching waiting to consume those that wander to far from them. In the center of this realm a great storm brews from it this whole world grows forth, while at the edges of this realm all things turn to blackened light and return to the source.

In the Source of Violence, appears the Realm of Motion of Violence. Similarly to the Realm of the Original God of Chaos, a scape imitating a world appeared in the plane of pure Violence. A sky, an earth. Raging elements, life. All of these sustained by the Will of Motion of Violence, all to play a violent game for all eternity.

Quote from: Realm of Violence
Through the wild thrashing and clawing of miles long coils of violence made flesh, the realm of violence begins to solidify into something comprehensible. Hundred mouthed creatures of all sorts and types crawl and fly and swim, warring against each other, with weapons, fists and teeth, and with the sharpest and most biting of words. Above the sky constantly strikes at itself and the ground with heat lighting, the winds battle themselves in tornadoes and the oozing slimy ground and oceans of literal blood is pelted with rains of acid, fire and ice. The oozing, suppurating earth shakes and quakes, tearing itself apart. Where blades meet flesh, new life crawls out, where the speakers brutalize each other until they understand violence and join together into a new creature, where battles are fought for territory, for peace, for the attention of the most High, or for entertainment.

In the Source of Balance, appears the Realm of Goasis. Unlike the two others Original Gods, the Realm of the Original God of Balance is simple, and pure in its lack of features. Apart from the innumerable empty boards filling up this white and black space, there was nothing yet.

Quote from: Realm of Balance
Goasis's realm is giant white and black space with many boards that were also blank but would slowly fill up once land existed in the mortal plane and clay featureless figurines were on the shelves, these figurines would take the shape of mortals and servants, his realm was boring in general for now.

In the Source of Time, appears the Realm of Cirno Fate Trigger. It is a realm of far reaching possibilities, of the unconfirmed. Only a single hill atop which grows a lone tree has a confirmed existence there. Behind it, an uncertain place exists, but hasn't been defined. Spreading under and beyond the horizon, uncertain gears, uncertain stars. For now, there is nothing to be illuminated by the perpetual lunar light of this place. Certainty will be defined in time.

Quote from: Realm of Time
A million vistas bloom amidst gears yet to be and stars yet to appear, cycling above the lunar light. In the middle of this impossible place, a single hill with a tree atop it. Looking down upon the endless vistas, to the back of the gently sloping hill, a forest/wasteland/city. Only time will tell who comes here, and only time determines what passes in front of the hill. An eternity passes in an eye blink, but the beings yet to be will see what they see in that time one vista appears beyond all. How will this world develop, and this one. And how will they handle the end of ages.

In the Source of Creation, appears the Realm of Sekur. Unlike all the others Original Gods, Sekur decides that his Realm appearance should be tied to the perception of what is ordinary. As such, its Realm appears different to its onlookers, taking the shape of what they consider is ordinary.

Quote from: Realm of Creation
Sekur's realm has no true appearance. It looks different for everyone who enters it, choosing what the individual thinks of as ordinary.

The Realms of the Original Gods have been formed.

------Then the Mortal Plane was given shape: Worlds, and Astral Bodies------

At that time, the Mortal Plane and Astral Planes were one. As such there was no proper Mortal Plane, .

First with an Essence of Violence, Motion of Violence forged the Hydra-Sun. To that end, the God sought the center of existence, the only point satisfying this definition was the place where the clash of Origins took place. There, the Original God of Violence ceremoniously ripped themselves in half, caring not to spill her holy Ichor, and from the shining ball that resulted, created the Hydra-Sun.

Then with an Essence of Time, Cirno Fate Trigger created the Lunar Light, a star programmed such that it circled around the Hydra-Sun while avoiding Worlds and other Astral Bodies. It is imbued with great powers, causing it to spread the gravity and consequence of the past onto the Worlds, causing new ages to occur for civilizations.

And finally with an Essence of Balance, Goasis created the World Scale Star in the proclaimed center of the Mortal Plane. The scale shaped star emitted a heat beneficial for the growth of life. The God mumbled something about an affliction he called skin cancer, casting a dark shadow on the future growth of life.

Three Astral Bodies were created. The Hydra-Sun (Violence), the World-Scale Star (Balance), and the Lunar Light (Time).

Next three Original Gods joined their Power to forge Three Worlds. They were Motion of Violence, Sekur and Goasis.

Power was infused into the bowels of Motion of Violence, causing great distress to its holy transit. Thus Three Worlds were expelled from the mouth of the Original God of Violence. These massive, planet-sized mass of solid and molten rock in the shape of sharks were not alive, yet were animated by primitive directives. Crudely emulating the game of life, the three sharks swam in the nether regions of the Mortal Plane, chasing each others and biting off one another perpetually.

A crude, fragile equilibrium was formed in that manner. One could only hope it would last.

The Worldsharks Jigsaw and Bitey were identical in appearance, differing only in Origin. But Multitude was different, having been implanted with subworlds in its innards, for a total of five. For now, they were only referenced as the spleen world, the pocket tree-world, the spatial coffer-world, the extradimensional egg-world, and the microcosm needle-world.

Eight Worlds were created. The Worldsharks Jigsaw, Bitey, Multitude, and the inner Worlds of Multitude.

------Finally was Life to animate them. The First Beast, and Mortals------

Azeri' kith brought the First Beast into existence, the Original Beast of Chaos: Chaos Born. A shifting amalgamate of tentacles and eyes in the shape of a massive somewhat whale like creature, its form shifted both physically and mentally, causing its form to be ungraspable to weaker minds.

Chaos Born was unleashed in the void of the Mortal Place, and roamed. In time, it would give birth to offspring.

A God of few words, Sekur acted swiftly and unceremoniously. He created the Sluda, the first Mortals, the first Creatures, to populate Multitude.

------And inbetween these acts, Original Shards were forged------

That was not all, for two Gods decided to give shape and purpose to their Ichor.

Cirno Fate Trigger crafted the Trigger, an Original Shard of Time in all likelihood named after its creator. This ring of immense power granted dominion over the Origin of Time, and was able to exist in two separate locations simultaneously.

Azeri' kith crafted Improvement, an Original Shard of Chaos in the shape of a sword of bone. It was a sword that could cut nothing, and everything at the same time. Azeri' kith decided that Improvement should not be exempt of weakness, allowing it to grow from its defeats. In time, maybe the blade would gain a mind of its own.

------With the stabilization of reality, Origins coalesced. And Elements were born------

The Universe stabilized. Astral Planes. Realms. Mortal Plane. Worlds. Astral Bodies. Life. Mortals. The Origins were given form, and as such, the Origins interacted. A myriad of interactions, at times opposing each others, at times ignoring one another, and at times combining together.

Thus Elements appeared. First were the Elements which were given a name.

Ether(True), Element of Time and Balance.
Hollow, Element of Time and Chaos.
Control, Element of Time and Violence.
Era, Element of Time and Creation.
Thought, Element of Chaos, Time, Creation and Balance.

An infinite number of Elements appeared, but the named ones were stronger. The strongest of them all was Thought. Such was its power that an Elemental God spontaneously appeared from it, and with its birth, a Subdomain was born.

Parentless, self-born, the Nameless God, or Goddess of Faces, or "It" was born. Elemental God of Thought.
The Subdomain of Thought appeared.

------Finally, the last guests made their arrival------

Five Corrupted Gods, for Five Original Gods.

The Fettered Raja, the Corrupted Hope.
Xanxerwild, the Corrupted Life.
Adam, the Corrupted Radiance.
Eris & Discordia, the Corrupted *Chaos*.
Moratus, the Corrupted Destiny .

As Corrupted Origins, they do not, and should not exist in this Universe. They are alone, incomplete. They are incompatible with one another, and disturb the balance of the Origins. As they haven't been directly encountered by the Origins, it is unknown how what kind of interaction they will have with the Origins, or even with the other Corrupted Origins.

The Corrupted Planes take shape, far from the Astral Planes...

Corrupted Domain of Life

Corrupted Domain of Hope

Corrupted Domain of Radiance

Corrupted Domain of *Chaos*

Corrupted Domain of Destiny

« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 06:58:27 am by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2019, 03:53:43 am »

WORLD TURN

The Universe is still bare and empty, despite the creation of Worlds and Astral Bodies...

AGES

The Lunar Light shines strong over Multitude. It is the Age of Time on Multitude.
The Hydra-Sun shines strong over Jigsaw. It is the Age of Violence on Jigsaw.
No Astral Bodies has a strong influence over Bitey. It is a neutral Age on Bitey.

------Jigsaw------

Imbued with Violence, the Worldshark Jigsaw started eating more of Bitey than intended, as if it tried to dominate it. This caused Bitey to progressively loses in size, while Jigsaw became bigger and bigger.

Quickly, Jigsaw became the biggest Worldshark of the three.

------Chaos Born------

The Original Beast Chaos Born started wandering the near empty universe, quickly gravitating toward the Worlds and the Astral Bodies. The first lifeform was both incredibly powerful and intelligent, due to its Origin of Chaos greatly stimulating its curiosity for the unknown. It didn't take long for Chaos Born to discern the nature of the Astral Bodies, and their sickeningly strong Origins.

Chaos Born sought the best path to prosperity for its offspring and itself, and found one.

Travelling and studying the Worldsharks, Chaos Born noticed the Multitude and its inner-Worlds were attuned to Creation, an Origin against which its own Chaos was innately stronger. And due to the inner-Worlds structure, they were partially protected from the radiating Origins emitted by the Astral Bodies.

Chaos Born made its nest within the lowest of these Worlds, the Microcosm Needle-World. There, Chaos Born gave birth to its offspring.
Four Greater Monsters were born. Inheriting from their progenitor appearance, they were beings of tentacles and eyes, full of Chaos.
One had the shape of a dolphin.
One had the shape of a serpent.
One had the shape of a lobster.
One had the shape of a squid.

They needed no name, as Chaos Born called them sorely by "my Children".

------The Sluda------

On the Multitude, the Sluda were met with a vast, and empty expanse of lifeless land. There was nothing, but it was their world. They had nothing, but they knew no better. They knew their needs and urges, gently bathing under the light of the Lunar Light.

Sluda ate Sluda, Sluda worked with Sluda. They were the only life here, and everything revolved around them. The Sludas were content with their lives. Housing made of rock. Crude tools made of rock, to break rock, as well as break the flesh of Sludas. Time went on, and they continued their lives in the usual fashion, aiming to survive, and uncaring of the fate of unrelated Sludas.

Most Sludas lived alone, a few lived in tight communities, and slowly, the overall number of Sludas dwindled to their current low numbers.

PRESENCE CHANGES

The Microcosm Needle-World is turning to Chaos, as a result of Chaos Born's presence and actions.
> The changes are spreading to the upper worlds.
> A Subdomain of an Unnamed Element of Chaos and Creation has appeared.

The First Domain of Violence is Expanding, as a result of Jigsaw's growth.
> A Subdomain of Violence and another Origin is likely to appear.
> A Domain of Violence could possibly appear.

GATES

Several Natural Gates have opened in Domains, connecting them to other Domains or Subdomains...
Several Natural Gates have opened in the Mortal Plane, connecting the Astral Plane to the Mortal Plane...

5 Natural True Gates have opened, one from each Source, connecting to a Domain of respective Origin.
> These Gates are stable, and unlikely to lose a Tier.

Gates have opened between Domains of the same Origin.
4 Natural True Gates have opened from the Mortal Plane, connecting to the Subdomain of Thought.
1 Natural True Gate has opened from the Mortal Plane, connecting to the Subdomain of Unnamed Element (Chaos/Creation).
4 Natural True Gates have opened from the Subdomain of Thought, connecting to its parent Origins (Chaos, Balance, Creation and Time).
1 Natural True Gate has opened between Domains of Violence and Creation.
1 Natural True Gate has opened between the Domains of Time and Balance.
> These Gates are unstable, and will probably lose Tiers once the Apex Phase is over.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 08:28:46 am by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2019, 03:54:07 am »

GODS

ASTRAL PLANES

Spoiler: Planes of Chaos (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Planes of Violence (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Planes of Creation (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Planes of Balance (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Planes of Time (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Planes of Thought (click to show/hide)

CORRUPTED PLANES

MORTAL PLANE

Spoiler: Astral Bodies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Empty Expanses (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 09:16:54 am by Nakéen »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16