Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 43

Author Topic: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - Game over, SK team wins  (Read 76223 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - D1 First Blood!
« Reply #150 on: May 22, 2019, 01:01:14 pm »

Everyone: Having looked at the Xylbot list more closely, I've come to the conclusion that most inspects are non-sane, as there is an equal chance for each sanity, and there are more non-sane than sane inspects. For certain inspect roles, there even actually isn't a sane version at all. I recommend searching each of your role names to see what's possible, and to be careful about your results.

If there's a higher chance of having something like a paranoid cop instead of a nornal one, then scum would have argued about the possibility of it being just a wrong report. But instead, NQT and Deus Asmoth both jumped in a bandwagon against him almost immediately, which was what probably resulted on Macimum Spin's death. I just doubt scum would vote one of their scumbuddies instead of even trying to defend him.

Remember that I also gave my own role at that time. That's not cop. And as Mafia, Maxspin would know that, and share it.

Don't get how you can both be amnesiac and know you happen to be mafia though..
He was an Amnesiac about being a Mafioso, not about being Mafia. Shakerag said this wasn't balanced and would be weird, so I imagine this was part of it.

Shakerag: Would a town player with Amnesiac Mafioso switch alignments once they recovered their memory?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 22, 2019, 01:07:25 pm »

I'm informing you of mechanical information you didn't seem to be aware of. NQT is usually the mechanical guy, and even he missed that. And sure you're attacking someone who was scum in that post. That doesn't make you town.
Were you just trying to say that, since he couldn't claim Tric got a fake result, he was cornered and couldn't make sensible arguments.
Why the "That doesn't make you town" added at the end? Nothing makes anyone town.

Maybe because most investigations actually have a higher chance of having a wrong result inatead of a correct one, so scum would probably have expected town to think that it might have been wrong.
Most people arguing about it are saying that the role Tric's claiming can't generate with false results. It was even argued in the pose you quoted.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 22, 2019, 01:28:15 pm »

notquitethere
Scum tend to be more cautious players, right?
Ye-e-ess... but town's got no call to be throwing hammers around either, and making statements like that is just asking for "But that's what they want us to think!" logic.

randomgenericusername
If there's a higher chance of having something like a paranoid cop instead of a nornal one, then scum would have argued about the possibility of it being just a wrong report. But instead, NQT and Deus Asmoth both jumped in a bandwagon against him almost immediately, which was what probably resulted on Macimum Spin's death. I just doubt scum would vote one of their scumbuddies instead of even trying to defend him.

Tric's claiming Nosy Neighbor, not Cop. From what I'm hearing, there is no insanity modifier on that particular role. It's possible scum could back up Max's "I never got nosed!" assertion, but increasingly risky for increasingly less reward. Why bother?

You seem awfully certain those two are town, but that's by no means a sure thing right now. I don't like it.

Hector13: How has your understanding of the game changed after these recent roleflips?
Persus13: What are you trying to accomplish with these mechanical ruminations?
Shakerag: How inactive does somebody have to be to merit a replacement?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 22, 2019, 01:35:12 pm »

I'm informing you of mechanical information you didn't seem to be aware of. NQT is usually the mechanical guy, and even he missed that. And sure you're attacking someone who was scum in that post. That doesn't make you town.
Were you just trying to say that, since he couldn't claim Tric got a fake result, he was cornered and couldn't make sensible arguments.
Why the "That doesn't make you town" added at the end? Nothing makes anyone town.
No. I was letting you know that Nosy Neighbors can't be Paranoid. The last two sentences of my previous post were because your last post came off as "I was attacking a scum player. Back off".

Maybe because most investigations actually have a higher chance of having a wrong result inatead of a correct one, so scum would probably have expected town to think that it might have been wrong.
Most people arguing about it are saying that the role Tric's claiming can't generate with false results. It was even argued in the pose you quoted.
[/quote]
This is not a quote by me.

If you don't understand the game you're playing, why play? Also this is a rolepower heavy game, as evidenced by the two daykills. Mechanics is going to be important to winning the game.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 22, 2019, 01:45:21 pm »

Shakerag: Would a town player with Amnesiac Mafioso switch alignments once they recovered their memory?
Yes.

Shakerag: How inactive does somebody have to be to merit a replacement?
You know, I don't really have a rule for that either ... let's go with 48 hours and you get modkilled.  Ain't nobody got time to wait around for replacements.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 22, 2019, 02:10:17 pm »

If you don't understand the game you're playing, why play? Also this is a rolepower heavy game, as evidenced by the two daykills. Mechanics is going to be important to winning the game.
Hm, alright... let's have some more mechanics, then. Who d'you suppose killed off IcyTea? Is Max Spin's killer a vigilante or an SK?

klonk
Sigtext

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 22, 2019, 02:19:42 pm »

NQT:
Deus Asmoth and Nirur Torir are clear as non-mafia, though any could still be 3rd party. I'm obviously a good guy.
Why are myself, Nirur and yourself discounted as potential scum? A couple of people have already pointed out that bussing based on an inspection result is fairly standard scum play.

Nirur Torir,: why didn't you have any issue with the above quote from NQT if you're suspicious of RGU for essentially the same line of reasoning?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 22, 2019, 02:25:15 pm »

*appears so he doesn't get mod-smited*
Howdy. I'm town I swear. Good lynches, folks.
*disappears*
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 22, 2019, 02:28:42 pm »

*disappears*

Yanks Kitrougard up.

Vote Hector if you're not going to do anything else. More inactive players is not a good thing. Or should we be voting you instead?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 22, 2019, 02:31:43 pm »

*disappears*

...My vote stands.

Either participate, or let us know if you can't be here for RL reasons. Otherwise you're just asking for a lynch, and this active-lurking won't save you.

klonk
Sigtext

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 22, 2019, 02:33:17 pm »

EBWOP

TricMagic: Your reasons for lynching Hector revolve around your belief that he performed the daykill on IcyTea, yes? Why are you so sure he's the killer?

klonk
Sigtext

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 22, 2019, 02:36:30 pm »

EBWOP

TricMagic: Your reasons for lynching Hector revolve around your belief that he performed the daykill on IcyTea, yes? Why are you so sure he's the killer?

Dorf, my reasons are because of how he was acting before the kill, not after. Who killed them does not mean much, given they were processed together. Town can have kills too. So why is lynching the killer your apparent question.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 22, 2019, 02:46:28 pm »

I made an assumption, based on this line from your readlist:

hector13 - Probably Scum. You killed Icytea to remove talk from the town that could incriminate you when or if IcyTea died.

Apparently my assumption was wrong? Lemme rephrase my question, then: why should KitRougard, and by extension all the rest of us, be voting Hector right now?

klonk
Sigtext

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 22, 2019, 02:50:42 pm »

NQT:
Deus Asmoth and Nirur Torir are clear as non-mafia, though any could still be 3rd party. I'm obviously a good guy.
Why are myself, Nirur and yourself discounted as potential scum? A couple of people have already pointed out that bussing based on an inspection result is fairly standard scum play.

Nirur Torir,: why didn't you have any issue with the above quote from NQT if you're suspicious of RGU for essentially the same line of reasoning?
Because the last time I attacked NQT this game when his wording could be taken scummy, this was his response:
NQT: I still want to know why you said you wanted to hammer.
I'm playing in a super serious championship game and so I'll be playing this game very casual. If I was scum I'd be much more cautious. I just meant "let's just get rid of the mafia player".
He's playing this casual, for good reasons, so I plan to be giving him the benefit of the doubt on his wording unless it's something particularly egrarious.
In this case, it's a brief reads list. I'm reading it as he doesn't think we're mafia based on what's happened so far, not that we're confirmed not mafia.

RGU does not get the same benefit of the doubt from me, and the way I read his post felt less like a reads list and more of a narrative spinning exercise.

No. I was letting you know that Nosy Neighbors can't be Paranoid. The last two sentences of my previous post were because your last post came off as "I was attacking a scum player. Back off".
But why did you see fit to let me know this?
It was not relevant to my attack.
It felt like you were trying to alter my attack into something else.
This is not a quote by me.
Oops, sorry, format error, that was RGU.

*disappears*
You. What are you even playing at?
Why are you here?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 22, 2019, 02:58:29 pm »

hector13 - Probably Scum. You killed Icytea to remove talk from the town that could incriminate you when or if IcyTea died. Kinda the same reasoning I didn't let the replacement have a Night 0 game last mafia. Oh, and you now seem to see why I pair the two of you together, you always talk with each other during mafia games.

Hector has yet to reply to this.

To note, between Page 3 and 6, it seems like hector was trying to do something to discredit me. He was also messing with others wording while ignoring the words behind them. It is also bad form that he split my quote into [1] & [2], and later on said there were 3.

This as well kinda explains his entire view at the moment.
So, you targeted DA then, Tric?

I voted Maxspin you dolt. I know you're smarter than that.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 43