Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 43

Author Topic: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - Game over, SK team wins  (Read 76169 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - D1 Start!
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2019, 02:43:03 pm »

Queued day actions have been processed.

Day will end Thursday May 23rd, 1:30 PM Central Time.  Weekends don't count.

Vote Count
------------------------
(1)Superdorf - Nirur Torir
(0)TricMagic -
(1)IcyTea31 - hector13
(0)Nirur Torir -
(0)Persus13 -
(0)hector13 -
(1)Maximum Spin - TricMagic
(0)KitRougard -
(0)kingawsume -
(0)randomgenericusername -
(0)Deus Asmoth -
(0)notquitethere -
(0)No Lynch -

Not Voting - Superdorf, IcyTea31, Persus13, Maximum Spin, KitRougard, kingawsume, randomgenericusername, Deus Asmoth, notquitethere

Uh... Everybody: on a scale of 1 to cunt, how much do you hate Shakerag right now?
D:

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2019, 02:51:31 pm »

IcyTea, I accuse you of being a prick. Why are you rolefishing? /probable s
Uh... Everybody: on a scale of 1 to cunt, how much do you hate Shakerag right now?
Now who's rolefishing for power strength?

Yes, Nirur’s trying to distance himself from the idea he’s scum because he called them dumb, and he wouldn’t call himself dumb.
Obviously.
Why didn’t you ask me a question? Also, why did you ask less than half the town a question? Why those particular players?
I only thought of good questions for Spin and Superdorf, and asked questions of the three I haven't played with in the last two games.
One more thing: give me one reason that isn’t “I’m town” or “I’m not scum” to not vote for you.
Voting me would deprive you of the joys of having your vote on IcyTea.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2019, 02:56:33 pm »

I just called them all dumb for no reason (other than that they are). Now killing me is not just a victory condition, but personal.
So you know that the mafia is made up of players who take things personally?

Can you link me any games where the mod was lynched? It sounds like a fun read.
Neruz's Bastard Mafia Game was an interesting one.

Why is having one's vote on me a source of joy? Why aren't you doing it?

Shakerag: Even if it was implied in the OP, it's very dangerous to assume and only rarely hurts to check.

These questions are backwards. Dues kinda has to answer his before my answer comes into being.
So you expect an answer to a question someone else asked after you had already placed your vote, before you can say why you didn't ask that question?

MaxSpin, why are you Mafia!
Deus Asmoth didn't answer your non-question yet. Why are you switching targets so soon?

Excuse me, IcyPrick, could you answer the question you gave kingawsum as though I asked you?
Player-specific tells, definitely. General scumtells, sometimes, though they are very cyclical: the tell needs to be either so fresh that nobody knows to avoid it, or so old that people have become complacent about it.

Not at all, so 1. There are only a couple people in the world whom I hate. Why does your scale start from 1 rather than 0? Are you projecting the hate that you feel for the town, scum?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2019, 03:01:32 pm »

Simple, I used my power at the beginning of the day. I pry into their business, they learn my alignment, I learn theirs. And so I repeat.

Welp, out of the House.

Also, Nirur Torir, you kinda completely missed the post didn't you, read it. Right here. Why the non-reaction to mine?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2019, 03:03:19 pm »

To note, being bastard, I figure Mafia could kill me before I got that info out. And to answer why I voted for Dues, random.org.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2019, 03:04:16 pm »

nirur How is asking if someone doesn’t like Shakerag rolefishing?

What makes a good question?

How will the answers to the questions you asked Superdorf and MaxSpin help you figure out their alignment?

Why do you think I am voting IcyTea, and why do you think it’s enjoyable? /oh dirty IcyTea ninjas my precious question you sumbeach

IcyTea who do you hate?

Why would a scale start at 0? That’s just silly talk. Zero is nothing, and thus not worth measuring.

I’d be more bothered that my scale measures cunt, as I don’t think that’s a unit of measurement.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2019, 03:04:53 pm »

So, you targeted DA then, Tric?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2019, 03:07:36 pm »

I just called them all dumb for no reason (other than that they are). Now killing me is not just a victory condition, but personal.
I don't see any other way to take an insult to one's intelligence.

Can you link me any games where the mod was lynched? It sounds like a fun read.
Neruz's Bastard Mafia Game was an interesting one.
Thanks.

It seems to be for Hector.
Last I checked, my name wasn't Hector13.
[/quote]

Simple, I used my power at the beginning of the day. I pry into their business, they learn my alignment, I learn theirs. And so I repeat.

Welp, out of the House.

Also, Nirur Torir, you kinda completely missed the post didn't you, read it. Right here. Why the non-reaction to mine?
I assumed you were doing it to get attention.

Right after getting roles? Why else would we dislike him, other than "This role's bad!"

I don't know, but there are only so many things I can be bothered to think of for a first round of RVS questions.

How will the answers to the questions you asked Superdorf and MaxSpin help you figure out their alignment?
It gets them talking, and hopefully committing to an action.

Why do you think I am voting IcyTea, and why do you think it’s enjoyable? /oh dirty IcyTea ninjas my precious question you sumbeach
You seem to vote him a lot, and so you seem to like it.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2019, 03:08:21 pm »

Day actions will be unable to be processed for a few hours.  They will be processed in the order that they are received. 
Aw...

Vote Deus Asmoth.

Targeted MaxSpin. Hence the Aw... I literally rolled the random.org to see who to random vote while I waited.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2019, 03:41:19 pm »

Given the lack of talk or pushing, Guessing this will go ignored for now?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2019, 03:42:35 pm »

So you're claiming Nosy Neighbor? Why do you lead with an outright claim of a powerful role before trying to earn some towncred and not cause instant WIFOM?

I literally rolled the random.org to see who to random vote while I waited.
Do you understand at all the purpose of the random votes in RVS?

IcyTea who do you hate?
Nobody who has a Bay12 account. Let's leave it there; it's personal and doesn't matter for this game.

Why would a scale start at 0? That’s just silly talk. Zero is nothing, and thus not worth measuring.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I’d be more bothered that my scale measures cunt, as I don’t think that’s a unit of measurement.
Firstly, it is in fact an occasionally useful unit of measurement. Secondly, why did you use it in your scale if you didn't know it? Why ask the question at all, if you don't know how high the scale can go?

Ah, I see you're not well-versed in the art of banter. True gentlemen of class can trade insults with dignity and without taking them personally. Why aren't you a gentleman of class?

Everyone: Having looked at the Xylbot list more closely, I've come to the conclusion that most inspects are non-sane, as there is an equal chance for each sanity, and there are more non-sane than sane inspects. For certain inspect roles, there even actually isn't a sane version at all. I recommend searching each of your role names to see what's possible, and to be careful about your results.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2019, 03:49:17 pm »

Pry on Ctrl+F only appears as nosy neighbor, so I don't think it has an insane roll. Last game I lost cause I didn't know their were no neighbors in it, so I checked.

Also, isn't there a day-kill ability in there somewhere? I used my ability immediately, then got the info out there before a hypothetical kill could occur. The entire point is for the info to be out there, and if there is a scrub ability in that list, or a simple frame if I die, that will be known.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2019, 03:50:06 pm »

Tric

Day actions will be unable to be processed for a few hours.  They will be processed in the order that they are received. 
Aw...

Vote Deus Asmoth.

Targeted MaxSpin. Hence the Aw... I literally rolled the random.org to see who to random vote while I waited.

So what do you learn from your ability? I imagine this will be answered by the previous question, but: why did what you learned make you think MaxSpin is scum?

Why choose someone who thinks they'll get lynched on D1, as opposed to, for example, me or IcyTea or Persus or NQT?

Nirur

But you did just see another way to take an insult to one's intelligence, specifically that because you're insulting a particular group, that people will consequently think you're not part of that group.

It seems to be for Hector.
Last I checked, my name wasn't Hector13.

Nor is mine ;)

Right after getting roles? Why else would we dislike him, other than "This role's bad!"

I don't know, but there are only so many things I can be bothered to think of for a first round of RVS questions.

Why do you expect RVS to last longer than one round of questions?

Do you expect to have better questions for the second go around? If so, what?

It gets them talking, and hopefully committing to an action.

What sort of action are you expecting?

You seem to vote him a lot, and so you seem to like it.

Why do you think I'm voting him now?

Any number of reasons, given it wasn't specified in the question. I also know Shakerag likes the word cunt so I used that instead of 10, 'cause I luv 'im.

Given how you know I think rolefishing is a bad thing, and you think I'm doing it, what does that make you think about me?

PPE:

Tric

Given the lack of talk or pushing, Guessing this will go ignored for now?

You expect a lot but don't do a lot...

PPE2: You're deliberately ninjaing me every time I'm about to post, it's getting very annoying.

IcyTea

IcyTea who do you hate?
Nobody who has a Bay12 account. Let's leave it there; it's personal and doesn't matter for this game.

AHA! Hiding things. Scum.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

'tain't a measurement.

Zero's a hero in mathematics, man.

Firstly, it is in fact an occasionally useful unit of measurement. Secondly, why did you use it in your scale if you didn't know it? Why ask the question at all, if you don't know how high the scale can go?

Cunt is a very subjective thing, especially where I'm from. It allows me to see which angle you take it from.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2019, 04:01:47 pm »

You did kind of answer your own question, Nosy Neighbor is the only one that fits, and I'm not even going to try being friendly with someone who gave a mafia result.

There are way too many roles in that list, pretty sure I saw one that said I just gave my role to them..

Right, it's this one.

Friendly Neighbor (town; common; 3+ players): During the day, you can make someone your friend. That player will be told your alignment. Actions: (day)friend

Yeah, not trying that. At all.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2019, 04:02:27 pm »

edit, Alignment, not role.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 43