Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 43

Author Topic: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - Game over, SK team wins  (Read 76205 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - D1 Start!
« Reply #135 on: May 22, 2019, 09:42:07 am »

Shakerag
I am down to here in the list... Shakerag, would Nosy Neighbor tell the user they were mafia even if they didn't remember it? Unlikely, but it is the first so far that would mean something at all. Millers don't count to nosy neighbors, as we aren't cops.
Is it possible for a player to start a game not knowing their alignment?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - D1 First Blood!
« Reply #136 on: May 22, 2019, 09:44:42 am »

Ugh. Someday I'll learn to stop sheeping people. For now, I'm just gonna flail around and see what happens.

KitRougard: You're good with mechanics, aren't you? Get over here and weigh in on this mechanics. Unless you have something to hide?

kingawesume: You too, ya dirty lurker. Let's see some opinions out of you.

randomgenericusername: Heyy, you're here! Quick, poke somebody and see what happens!

TricMagic: Congratulations, you're confirmed town. Care to throw a readlist our way, now that we know we can trust your word?

Persus13: You were pretty quiet during the whole Tric/Max mess. Will that change, now that mess has blown over?

notquitethere
If I was scum I'd be much more cautious.
WIFOM much? Why make this statement?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 22, 2019, 09:48:12 am »

I was working on this post when the daykills happened,so some of it might be out of date now.

Nirur Torir:
Persus13: What are your biggest mafia strengths?
Strengths as Mafia or strengths playing Mafia? But honestly, I have no clue either way.

but I think it might just be town but crazy. I don't mean in the mechanical sense.
Uh, IDK, notquitethere seems marginally the least sincere of the people who fell for this, though honestly I could vote for any of them.
Did you know I just woke up? I'll... I'll come back later.
So you don't think he's a mechanically crazy cop.
Notquitethere "fell for [it]."
You're not voting for Tric.

Please explain, and help me combine these three statements.
Nosy Neighbors can't be crazy, so Max couldn't claim that without being called out for lying. Claiming it didn't happen or Miller was his best course of action.

IcyTea:
Persus13: What is your opinion on bandwagon analysis as a scumhunting tactic?
You're dead now, but for the record, my response was going to be as follows:
It can be useful, but you're more likely to see scum going their own way and picking their own targets at day end than going for the majority lynch. I think bandwagon analysis is more useful in a game with fewer players though, because scum can't be off on their own.

TricMagic:
Pry on Ctrl+F only appears as nosy neighbor, so I don't think it has an insane roll. Last game I lost cause I didn't know their were no neighbors in it, so I checked.

Also, isn't there a day-kill ability in there somewhere? I used my ability immediately, then got the info out there before a hypothetical kill could occur. The entire point is for the info to be out there, and if there is a scrub ability in that list, or a simple frame if I die, that will be known.
If you had waited for Max Spin to post and get him to say your alignment, you could have had confirmation that your neighbor ability worked, and had a much better case. Instead you gave him an opportunity to lie his way out of a situation. It didn't work for him, but that's just because someone decided to daykill him.

You did kind of answer your own question, Nosy Neighbor is the only one that fits, and I'm not even going to try being friendly with someone who gave a mafia result.
Aura does the same thing.

To Everyone. What are you game Plans this game. Obvious posts, lurking, focusing on Day Game, Focusing on Night Game? Let's hear it?

Mine is to slowly but surely pick apart at all of you until I've collected enough town members to win the game. And not in a cult way, but a Friends kinda way, I'm nosy like that.
This setup is fairly power heavy, so I know a lot of people, including myself, will probably be focusing on that. However, that often comes at the cost of inactivity in the day game, and that's going to be a problem.

Also, no one really plans to lurk except non-town.

I don't quite consider either of NQT or Persus vets, mostly cause I usually play with you three since arriving here. Don't know NQT other than as a GM.
Pretty sure me and NQT have been playing Bay12 Mafia here the longest out of the players in this game.

NQT:
Persus, are you sure you have no idea what I mean?
Yes. Can you please stop choosing me for gambits? I still remember you repeatedly insisting I needed to die without stating or having any actual reasons why D1.

What I am worried about, as it's a semi-bastard, is that Tric's inspect is worthless and we'll kill town on it. But as Max Spin has hardly shown himself well since the reveal, I'm more confident about it being right.
It would be worthless if he was a cop or a variant of it. Nosy Neighbors don't have a chance to be paranoid.

Superdorf - scum for voting Tric
Why would a scum player vote Tric?

Superdorf:
Superdorf: What is your opinion on Tric claiming to have investigated Spin and gotten scum?

I'm, uh, processing that now. I'll be honest, I just skimmed this thing for my own name on the first read, and didn't see the whole TricMagic thing 'til I was already writing up questions. Gimme a sec, I'll try and weigh in on that mess...
Yeah, I missed that too. It helps when people make a formal claim instead of something that looks exactly like an RVS vote.

Persus13: You were pretty quiet during the whole Tric/Max mess. Will that change, now that mess has blown over?

notquitethere
I was super busy yesterday, and then I was asleep. So I should be less busy now. You're not going to respond to NQT calling you scum?

RGU:
I went to sleep early yesterday, and I just found out that the game had already started.

PPE: And just when I was going to post, I find out that both IcyTea and Maximum Spin are dead. I think this game might be going too fast for me.
I definitely understand this one.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 22, 2019, 09:49:36 am »

Shakerag
I am down to here in the list... Shakerag, would Nosy Neighbor tell the user they were mafia even if they didn't remember it? Unlikely, but it is the first so far that would mean something at all. Millers don't count to nosy neighbors, as we aren't cops.
Is it possible for a player to start a game not knowing their alignment?
No.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 22, 2019, 10:01:00 am »

You're not going to respond to NQT calling you scum?

Working on it. Working on it. I was in the middle of that last post when NQT threw his accusations.

Superdorf - scum for voting Tric

I goofed. Tric did something crazy, and I wasn't expecting it, and lynchvoting the unexpected confusing thing (stupid!) seemed reasonable at the time. Then I was asleep, and everything resolved itself before I could come back to reevaluate.

It's the same thing I did last game, voting Max Spin... and heyy, that didn't work out for me then either did it? Nng.

I don't know what to do anymore. Lemme go re-read a couple times. It probably won't help.  :-\

klonk
Sigtext

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 22, 2019, 10:27:44 am »

NQT:
Persus13 - who knows what he knows
Now that Persus has claimed not to know what he allegedly knows, do you have anything to reveal?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 22, 2019, 10:36:50 am »

You can take it as WIFOM if you like, but it's literally true though. Scum tend to be more cautious players, right?

Now that Persus has claimed not to know what he allegedly knows, do you have anything to reveal?
I'll reveal exactly what I mean by all this on D2, I promise.

Yes. Can you please stop choosing me for gambits? I still remember you repeatedly insisting I needed to die without stating or having any actual reasons why D1.
I'm sorry Persus, I really don't mean to be cyberbullying you. This is just weird stuff re: my role pm. It's not in town's interest's for me to say why today, but I'll explain it all D2.

It would be worthless if he was a cop or a variant of it. Nosy Neighbors don't have a chance to be paranoid.
Good point.

Because once Max flips, Tric would be conftown, so it'd be handy to get rid of them before that.

Superdorf, your instinct might have been reasonable in a regular game, but this game is even more absurd than normal. Expect big power plays.  Do  you think Kit is lurking?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 22, 2019, 10:45:01 am »

Do  you think Kit is lurking?
Maybe. Increasingly likely. It's been well over 24 hours and he's given us exactly nothing to work with, despite a glut of material to comment on. That in and of itself isn't enough to call him mafia, but I want him speaking his mind regardless. How are we supposed to get a read on him otherwise?

klonk
Sigtext

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 22, 2019, 10:56:59 am »

It is banana bullying time in F/GO. Thankfully, I'm set. So, to the read list.

Superdorf - Eh, not much. Not likely to be Mafia though.
TricMagic -Either Confirmed Town, or SK. Either Way, my method is still the same, and there is likely a doctor still around. Max Dying today does ruin a game plan though, good on the one who removed them if not town, and bad if someone else killed them.
Nirur Torir - N/A. Why reference last game earlier, get to hunting. Better than a Null read at least.
Persus13 - Slight Scum lean. You only posted something after the kill.
hector13 - Probably Scum. You killed Icytea to remove talk from the town that could incriminate you when or if IcyTea died. Kinda the same reasoning I didn't let the replacement have a Night 0 game last mafia. Oh, and you now seem to see why I pair the two of you together, you always talk with each other during mafia games.
KitRougard - Null.
kingawsume - Also Null.
randomgenericusername - Also, Also, Null.
Deus Asmoth - Slight Town.
notquitethere - N/A. I'm watching, and that question before another's death is strangely timed. As is immediately calling out Superdorf as scum, despite of an unvote before that post. Voting me is not really indicative of a scum alignment in itself.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 22, 2019, 11:26:26 am »

Okay, so if I'm understanding this right, TricMagic claimed Nosy Neighbor and was confirmed town for getting a scum report on Maximum Spin, which was correct since he did flip as scum. notquitethere also was the first one to vote for him, so he's probably also part of the town and not mafia. Same with Deus Asmoth, I doubt scum would bus one of their members so early and quickly.

Between those that were against the Maximum Spin lynch were Nirur Torir and hector13, I think. Nirur Torir later voted for Maximum Spin too, and I completely agreed with hector13's arguments against TricMagic, so I can see it as him just getting "confused" by TricMagic's bizarre logic. (By the way, I think it's obvious that IcyTea was killed by Maximum Spin's daykill.)

Out of everyone, Superdorf just seems the most likely to be scum. I'll try to build a case against him later, since I don't really have much time currently. Did I miss anything else?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 22, 2019, 12:11:28 pm »

I was working on this post when the daykills happened,so some of it might be out of date now.
Nirur Torir:
but I think it might just be town but crazy. I don't mean in the mechanical sense.
Uh, IDK, notquitethere seems marginally the least sincere of the people who fell for this, though honestly I could vote for any of them.

Nosy Neighbors can't be crazy, so Max couldn't claim that without being called out for lying. Claiming it didn't happen or Miller was his best course of action.
Are you seriously arguing my question, with an argument fully unrelated to my attack against now-confirmed scum?

Okay, so if I'm understanding this right, TricMagic claimed Nosy Neighbor and was confirmed town for getting a scum report on Maximum Spin, which was correct since he did flip as scum. notquitethere also was the first one to vote for him, so he's probably also part of the town and not mafia. Same with Deus Asmoth, I doubt scum would bus one of their members so early and quickly.
Interesting argument.
Why not bus fellow scum after they've just been daycopped? Are you trying to direct a narrative to make someone seem like town, Randomgenericusername?

Superdorf: I get a third party vibe from you, since your D1 is much weaker this time around. Get to doing more.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 22, 2019, 12:28:55 pm »

Okay, so if I'm understanding this right, TricMagic claimed Nosy Neighbor and was confirmed town for getting a scum report on Maximum Spin, which was correct since he did flip as scum.
TricMagic is confirmed to not be scum. But town is a lot more likely than 3rd party.

Persus13 - Slight Scum lean. You only posted something after the kill.
Yeah, ignore the stuff I posted before the kill saying I was super busy and I wouldn't be able to post until tomorrow.

I'm sorry Persus, I really don't mean to be cyberbullying you. This is just weird stuff re: my role pm. It's not in town's interest's for me to say why today, but I'll explain it all D2.
So can you stop rolefishing me until then please? Also, even if you know something about my role, that doesn't mean I'm guaranteed to know it.

Because once Max flips, Tric would be conftown, so it'd be handy to get rid of them before that.
Even when Max has 4 votes on them and is obviously scum?

Are you seriously arguing my question, with an argument fully unrelated to my attack against now-confirmed scum?
I'm informing you of mechanical information you didn't seem to be aware of. NQT is usually the mechanical guy, and even he missed that. And sure you're attacking someone who was scum in that post. That doesn't make you town.
Sigtext

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 22, 2019, 12:30:23 pm »

(Doing quotes while posting from phone is a huge pain.)

Nirur Torir:

Interesting argument.
Why not bus fellow scum after they've just been daycopped? Are you trying to direct a narrative to make someone seem like town, Randomgenericusername?

Superdorf: I get a third party vibe from you, since your D1 is much weaker this time around. Get to doing more.

Maybe because most investigations actually have a higher chance of having a wrong result inatead of a correct one, so scum would probably have expected town to think that it might have been wrong.

Everyone: Having looked at the Xylbot list more closely, I've come to the conclusion that most inspects are non-sane, as there is an equal chance for each sanity, and there are more non-sane than sane inspects. For certain inspect roles, there even actually isn't a sane version at all. I recommend searching each of your role names to see what's possible, and to be careful about your results.

If there's a higher chance of having something like a paranoid cop instead of a nornal one, then scum would have argued about the possibility of it being just a wrong report. But instead, NQT and Deus Asmoth both jumped in a bandwagon against him almost immediately, which was what probably resulted on Macimum Spin's death. I just doubt scum would vote one of their scumbuddies instead of even trying to defend him.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 22, 2019, 12:38:05 pm »

Everyone: Having looked at the Xylbot list more closely, I've come to the conclusion that most inspects are non-sane, as there is an equal chance for each sanity, and there are more non-sane than sane inspects. For certain inspect roles, there even actually isn't a sane version at all. I recommend searching each of your role names to see what's possible, and to be careful about your results.

If there's a higher chance of having something like a paranoid cop instead of a nornal one, then scum would have argued about the possibility of it being just a wrong report. But instead, NQT and Deus Asmoth both jumped in a bandwagon against him almost immediately, which was what probably resulted on Macimum Spin's death. I just doubt scum would vote one of their scumbuddies instead of even trying to defend him.

Remember that I also gave my own role at that time. That's not cop. And as Mafia, Maxspin would know that, and share it.

Don't get how you can both be amnesiac and know you happen to be mafia though..

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 22, 2019, 12:40:35 pm »

(By the way, I think it's obvious that IcyTea was killed by Maximum Spin's daykill.)

Why's this obvious? Because Shakerag reported both kills at the same time?

Also, I wanna hear this case of yours.

klonk
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 43