Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 43

Author Topic: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - Game over, SK team wins  (Read 76190 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - D1 Start!
« Reply #120 on: May 21, 2019, 09:09:22 pm »

NQT: I still want to know why you said you wanted to hammer.

MaximumSpin.
Also, I guess I slightly prefer not to vote against the first person who votes for me because it feels like it just reduces shit to a pointless he-said-she-said? I think I alluded to this last time too. I'd rather offer a credible third way than just shout NO YOU.
[/quote]I don't like your argument. This in particular feels like what happened to me last game: I wanted to avoid a finger pointing game when role results came out with me looking scum, because I knew I would lose. And I was scum.

Your argument for not voting Tric boils down to: "He is crazy maybe-town and fake claiming daycop with a read on me as scum, as part of a gambit. I don't know what to think of him so I'm not going to try, and will vote someone else.
Also, I don't want to be in a he-said she-said finger pointing war."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 21, 2019, 09:15:49 pm »

@Max: how are you empirically a good choice for a redirect?

Also, why would scum gambit a fake cop claim on D1?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 21, 2019, 09:17:49 pm »

I don't like your argument. This in particular feels like what happened to me last game:
It's exactly what I said last game, too. And what I always say.

@Max: how are you empirically a good choice for a redirect?
Because apparently people like to inspect me on the first turn, since that's happened to me multiple times. Here and elsewhere, actually.
Also, why would scum gambit a fake cop claim on D1?
FIIK, man. It's weird, this is why I am forbearing to guess until I at least have more brain-cylinders working.

Maybe I should take up coffee.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 21, 2019, 10:45:07 pm »

Queued day actions have been processed.

Day will end Thursday May 23rd, 1:30 PM Central Time.  Weekends don't count.

Vote Count
------------------------
(0)Superdorf -
(1)TricMagic - Superdorf
(1)IcyTea31 - hector13
(0)Nirur Torir -
(0)Persus13 -
(1)hector13 - TricMagic
(3)Maximum Spin - notquitethere, Deus Asmoth, Nirur Torir
(0)KitRougard -
(0)kingawsume -
(0)randomgenericusername -
(0)Deus Asmoth -
(1)notquitethere - Maximum Spin
(0)No Lynch -

Not Voting - IcyTea31, Persus13, KitRougard, kingawsume, randomgenericusername

Please let me know if the votecount seems inaccurate.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 22, 2019, 03:15:27 am »

NQT: I still want to know why you said you wanted to hammer.
I'm playing in a super serious championship game and so I'll be playing this game very casual. If I was scum I'd be much more cautious. I just meant "let's just get rid of the mafia player".

What I am worried about, as it's a semi-bastard, is that Tric's inspect is worthless and we'll kill town on it. But as Max Spin has hardly shown himself well since the reveal, I'm more confident about it being right.

--

Persus, are you sure you have no idea what I mean?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 22, 2019, 04:51:34 am »

In an ideal world, sure. There's also no reason why scum are more likely to go along with that plan than just not defend their team mate against a weak day 1 case, or indeed why a town player wouldn't point out that Spin is once against being D1 lynched on a weak behavioural case. Would that make them look scummy once Spin flips?
It comes down to daygame skill, I suppose. I'm relatively confident I could incite some buddying against a target that I knew to be scum, and if it failed, I'd be able to keep my head down since I didn't actually claim.

The problem is that you're assuming that the cop in question is able to build the case and get town on board without claiming
Again, daygame skill. In knowing that someone is guilty, you gain the confidence to actually go through with convincing the rest of the town to vote with you; with an uncertain case you'd be more careful about it. I'm sure that anything that would alert scum would also alert the protectives. If you're a protective, you should cophunt just as much as scum does.

and also without alerting the scumteam, which also runs the risk of not alerting town players with protection abilities.
Assuming the protectives are cophunting as they should, anything that alerts scum should also alert the protectives, as long as there are any. The problem with claiming is that it's guaranteed to alert everyone, which raises the stakes of the gamble of whether or not there is a protective.

fuck should I know? TM is hard to read due to being batshit at all available times. I mean, I guess the sensible thing to guess is mafia or third-party, but I think it might just be town but crazy. I don't mean in the mechanical sense.
Maximum Spin. Looks like the pressure got to you again. Irritated flailing doesn't seem like town behaviour to me, especially when considering your past games as town and scum.

Someone who has looked at the generator: Can it make a power which has an effect like "redirect actions targeting your target to target yourself instead"? That's something I would do on someone who seemed likely to draw early inspects, which, empirically, I apparently am.
Yes, there is the Magnet role, though it's night only. But why would you do that? This would only confuse the cop unless you both claimed, and if you die before then, the cop has an "innocent" result on you that they think is on someone else, for possibly disastrous results.

The theory of Tric's ability being redirected seems very unlikely to me, considering how early in the day he claimed and the fact that there isn't a day-redirect that I can find on the list; it would require the use of a randomized ability. If it really happened that way, the only ones active besides him were me, Nirur and hector.

Spoiler: First Impressions (click to show/hide)
Impressions are likely to change once the lurkers post; they probably aren't all town but 3 scum is the expected standard for 12 players.

SuperDorf:
Hmm. Somebody's lying. Gotta figger out who.
Who do you think is lying? Read people's arguments and consider why they made them, and not some other arguments. Ask more questions.

Persus13, KitRougard, kingawsume, randomgenericusername: Post, ya gits!

Notquitethere: Even if you can't pay this game full attention, could you give a quick explanation on your thoughts about a few people, such as the ones with non-null reads on my list? Doesn't need to be full reads, just something that I can analyze.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 22, 2019, 04:55:29 am »

The theory of Tric's ability being redirected seems very unlikely to me, considering how early in the day he claimed and the fact that there isn't a day-redirect that I can find on the list; it would require the use of a randomized ability.
Now that I look closer, there isn't a day-random either. Day abilities seem pretty rare overall.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 22, 2019, 07:06:55 am »

I think sometimes you just don’t like me IcyTea :p maybe that’s why you won’t tell us who you hate, ‘cause you hate me :’(

Just for disclosure’s sake, I’m onboard with the Max is guilty scum thing.

Considering this, I’m expecting you to be poking the people you have slight scum reads on, to determine whether or not you are correct. Currently you’re discussing a NAI thing with DA.

Also NQT didn’t give the explanation I expected. Slight sad.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 22, 2019, 07:24:54 am »

Also NQT didn’t give the explanation I expected. Slight sad.
You wanted me to say my signature line notquitethere is not quite here?

I haven't seen enough of players to give any meaningful perspective. I want to hear a bit more from Persus for reasons.

Kingawsume, if you had a daykill who would you shoot right now?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 22, 2019, 09:07:39 am »

Queued day actions have been processed.

Day will end Thursday May 23rd, 1:30 PM Central Time.  Weekends don't count.

IcyTea31 has been killed!

IcyTea31 was That Bad-Ass Nurse in an Action Movie (Town).

Maximum Spin has been killed!

Maximum Spin was Elite Forest Ranger (Mafia).

Vote Count
------------------------
(0)Superdorf -
(1)TricMagic - Superdorf
(0)Nirur Torir -
(0)Persus13 -
(1)hector13 - TricMagic
(0)KitRougard -
(0)kingawsume -
(0)randomgenericusername -
(0)Deus Asmoth -
(0)notquitethere -
(0)No Lynch -

Not Voting - Persus13, KitRougard, kingawsume, randomgenericusername, notquitethere, Deus Asmoth, Nirur Torir, hector13

That Bad-Ass Nurse in an Action Movie

Nurse: When the doctor dies, you become a Doctor.
<50%> One-Shot Vigilante: You can kill other players. Your ability can only be used once. <This role's actions only work 50% of the time.> Actions: kill (1 use)
<Paranoid> Inspector Gadget: You may inspect once per night, or do a random nonkill action. You may or may not be sane. <A paranoid cop always gets mafia results.> Actions: inspect special
Mystery <Mad Monk>: You have a night ability, but you don't know what it does. <You can kill another player each night. You are immune to all actions except kills.> Actions: mystery
Computer Hacker: You may hack another player's action, modifying it randomly. Actions: hack

Elite Forest Ranger

Redirecter: You can redirect another player's ability to target another player.  Actions: redirect
Stalker: You can choose to either inspect someone or kill someone. Actions: inspect kill
Amnesiac <Mafioso>: You have lost your memory. You might eventually regain it. <An amnesiac mafioso eventually becomes a Mafioso and changes teams.>
Devil's Advocate: You can't kill at night, instead you may inspect any player and determine their alignment and role. You may kill players only during the day. Actions: inspect (day)kill
One-Shot Redirecter (town, mafia; common; 3+ players): You can redirect another player's ability to target another player. Your ability can only be used once. Actions: redirect (1 use)

Please let me know if the votecount seems inaccurate.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 22, 2019, 09:11:07 am »

First reaction. Damn it, that eliminates half the post I was writing

Second reaction. Good, now we can get back to regular scumhunting.

Superdorf: Still want to vote TricMagic?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - D1 First Blood!
« Reply #131 on: May 22, 2019, 09:15:20 am »

Woah. Woah!

Superdorf: Still want to vote TricMagic?
No. No I do not. Unvote.

I'm gonna go do some re-reading. This changes things.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 22, 2019, 09:17:42 am »

I went to sleep early yesterday, and I just found out that the game had already started.

PPE: And just when I was going to post, I find out that both IcyTea and Maximum Spin are dead. I think this game might be going too fast for me.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 22, 2019, 09:18:22 am »

Huh. Didn't see that one coming.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 22, 2019, 09:35:12 am »

This is exactly as fast as I like my games.

TricMagic, Deus Asmoth and Nirur Torir are clear as non-mafia, though any could still be 3rd party. I'm obviously a good guy.

This leaves...

Persus13 - who knows what he knows

Superdorf - scum for voting Tric
hector13 - probably also scum

KitRougard - ? ? ?
kingawsume ? ?
randomgenericusername ?

IcyTea obviously daykilled by Max.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 43