Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Divine Spirits: Tick 5: How Rude  (Read 6674 times)

ShadowDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Spirits: Tick 0: You All Meet In a
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2019, 07:59:20 pm »

"Greetings, fellow gods. I feel one world is an adequate foundation for our work. As you have forged a world, my aid is unneeded.

"On the other hand, the sky is practically empty."

The Seraph's Cloak tears off a piece of their hem with their clasp, unweaves it into threads, and scatters these threads across the sky.

Create the Seraph's constellation. (2E)
Create several more constellations to decorate the sky and represent the gods. (1E, 2S)
Spoiler: Divine constellations (click to show/hide)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2019, 08:29:13 pm »

The Scales: A stylized scale. Has a circle of stars on one side, the other is empty. Represents Tanactithiel Osispatheo.
"Ah, thank you. To keep things even and Balanced between us, I'll return you the favor whenever it's possible for me."
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2019, 09:07:22 pm »

laying in the nothingness and just watching the others talk and create and form there worlds
well, isn't this interesting lot we have here, but nothing I want to throw essence to, for now I will watch unless something interesting happens
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2019, 10:33:52 pm »

Rut was most pleased with the outcomes of the others' creations. Progeny most excellent, and soil most fertile for other loins to further the growth of progeny. Much excited, both by the sight of the universe and by its own will, Rut did meander along the voidspace unto the grounds of Rin's Labyrinth and make sweet and precious union with the wombs of the substrate. In animalistic yells and moans, the tunnels were filled with Rut's essence, and did entomb within the eggs of future life. Sated and happy, it kissed his lover farewell, and did wait far above for the birth of its first progeny.

These would have the nature of their mother, but also the essence of their father; the  essence of life and vitality.

---

Soon after its first conquest, Rut found itself not quite satisfied with its work. Not wasting time, it quickly sprinted unto the orbit of the Swordshield world. It then quickly embraced the world in its fullness, and pumped and shrugged, leaving as soon as the deed was done.

1E: Create an ecosystem in Rin's Labyrinth. The base of the macroscopic ecosystem are composed of lithovoric macrobacteria, that resemble soft, purple plants with a fleshy texture. Several have thorns that resemble ox horns. lithocreatures are also present. These resemble cnidarians, reptiles, fungi, insects, crustaceans and nematodes, but composed partly of rocks and metals. Smaller microbes are also present.
1E: Create an ecosystem on Swordshield world. The base of the macroscopic ecosystem turn UV light from the Darkstar into energy. They oft have knobby pseudobranches that resemble giraffe necks. Metallic organisms resembling mammals, birds, molluscs, amphibians and predatory palm trees are present. Smaller microbes are also present.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2019, 12:18:52 pm »

"Mr. Seraph's Claok, Blood Merchant? Can you also contribute to this fledgling patchwork planet of ours?"

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2019, 07:24:01 pm »

I spend five essence on a zeppelin sized orbital mech, as I described in the price check, then I spend my remaining essence on one massive shard of blood crystal, enchanted to grow upon making contact with organic matter, and set it in deep space.
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2019, 07:27:35 pm »

"Mou~..."

Action Note to deal with the fact we are missing so much Essence. Guess we'll end up as a kinda moon? We have an atmosphere though..

ShadowDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2019, 07:53:20 pm »

"Mr. Seraph's Claok, Blood Merchant? Can you also contribute to this fledgling patchwork planet of ours?"
"I will not contribute to your world, as one world is enough for my purposes."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2019, 10:57:30 am »

Tick 1: Shiny Shiny World

Twin holes have been created in the Energy/Potential Nothing barrier by some unknown force! Perhaps Rut wasn't the only god penetrating things last tick? Nothing leaks in through the wounds, as the holes slowly recover over the course of Tick 0. By Tick 1 they're gone again, with faint ripples indicating the damage.

Lily takes the initiative in shaping this new landscape, forming the Hope Star to provide light and life to any newly formed creations. Perhaps paranoid of Divine obstruction, she shielded this creation from the other God's meddling. These fears prove valid and the countermeasures insufficient. An unknown force has 'blessed' this creation, so that anything burned by the sun's light also receives a series of small cuts. This meddling is immediately apparent to any Divine Spirit attempting to bask in the new sunlight, future sunbathers will be made of stern stuff. (Lily -3E 3S)

Joining this star is a rather ornate and complicated constellation showing Lily's sign. She invites the others to join in on decorating the sky with their own signs and symbols. (Lily -1E)

Startled by the sudden sharp light, Rin built a series of tunnels (and the ground around said tunnels). Seeing potential in this new world, Lily grants it oceans, air, and additional land masses. Despite vast investment from the pair of Divine Spirits, Rin's Labyrinth only half makes it to becoming a true "planet", perhaps becoming closer in size to a moon. While some creations may dwell upon it, they may soon see themselves competing for the limited space. (Rin -8E 4S, Lily - 6E 4S)

Across from the Purity Star, Bassbull forms the Dark Star. This name is fairly misleading given that it still gives off light (albeit in the UV spectrum). He then offers his own resources into forming the planets, a gift of Essence and Power. The moon makers forcefully rejected the Power portion of this gift, while some in the Swordshield world feel the same.(Bassbull -9E 10P)

Much more accurately named then the Dark Star, the Swordsheild world is started by Cut. Most of the planet is metallic in nature, specifically made of sharp implements and objects specifically designed to stop sharp implements. The inner workings are powered by Steam Hearts, which often cause various sword-based weather phenomena and natural disasters. They then drop off a lizard made of swords on the mirrored surface of the planet, which proceeds to scuttle off into shade leaving behind scratch-marks on the newly formed surface. Leaving its own mark upon the world, The Eye injects a verity of colorful additions including colorful rivers, eggplantesque oceans, emerald fountains, and exploding atmospheric fireworks. For some reason he uses the British spelling. This light is reflected off of the shiny surface, making the very ground sparkle with multi-colored radiance. Doing just the opposite in the name of balance, Tanact insures that half the planet is in greyscale, covered in non-sharp mirrors, shadow, and other such symmetrical things while donating an unspecified amount to warding off Power donations. All combined with Bassbull's donation, they just barely scrape together enough matter to truly call this rock a "planet". Several mirrors and swords crack and shatter in non-symmetrical fashion, forming debris and canyons on several locations on the planet's surface.  (Cut 10E 4S, The Eye 10E 6S, Tanact 10E 8S)

The Seraph's Cloak donates a portion of their own body to the sky, creating the Seraph (constellation). It has the unique aspect that mortals can utilize these stars to improve themselves, if they can understand the vague terms in which it gives them. Perhaps taking up Lily's offer, it continues to create a series of constellations representing the Gods in a cost-effective and compact manner. The Coin and Eye, representing Blood Merchant, the Eye, and Bassbull by clever use of circular stars, The Blade, Wielder, and Orb representing an armed lizard and Cut, Rin, and Bazalith. Tanact gets his own constellation, an ironically unbalanced scale. The Seraph's Cloak also designates an empty region of space as The Censor Box, insisting it represents Rut. (The Seraph's Cloak -3E, 2S)

Taking advantage of the caverns in more way than one, Rut..."creates life" on the newly formed moon, and less enthusiastically to the sword-covered planet. The moon's ecosystem currently focuses on lithotrophs, often composed partially of rocks and metals. Joining the lizard on the shield world is a variety of life based around photosynthetic life, with metallic textures present throughout. (Rut -2E)

Apparently uninterested in planet creation, The blood merchant instead makes a humanoid robot and sets it into orbit around the Swordshield world. It is currently unarmed, but that would likely not last long if it was ever dropped to the planet primarily composed of weapons. He than creates a blood crystal set to grow when it makes contact with organic matter, then throws it some place it will likely never make contact with organic matter. (The blood merchant -10E)

Currently, the Swordshield world stands at the center of the binary star system. Rin's Labyrinth circles around it at a monthly rate. Both stars are moving in a circular pattern slower than the planet's rotation, leading to a "Day/Day" cycle between the Purity Star and the Dark Star.

Spoiler: Divines (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 11:31:39 am by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Spirits: Tick 1: Shiny Shiny World
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2019, 12:46:46 pm »

Cut takes several vigorous specimens of life on Swordshield, and dissects them, before mixing and matching them like jigsaws to create a the first race of intelligent non-divines, the Lancecutters, aided in this by Tanactithiel Osispatheo.

Cut spends 3 essence on creating a unit of Lancecut.

The Lancecut are a very sexually dimorphic race of insect people. Like most life on Swordshield, they are metallic, and have a varied, omnivorous diet. They communicate through high pitched screeching stridulations, similar to the songs of cicadas amplified several times.

The females are wolf-sized predator-warriors that look like a mantis/locust hybrid, with slashing sword forelimbs, muscular hindlegs that allow them to perform powerful jumps to close the distance with their prey, and a third set of limbs with hands that can wield weapons or punch or such. They are aggressive and prone to violence and cutting.

The males are cat-sized maker-crafters that look like sturdy, wingless, ant-beetle hybrids with four strong and dexterous hands and a thick exoskeleton. They are skilled in making things and caring for the larvae-young, and will often take on the role of weapon-maker and caretaker in Lancecut tribes.

The Lancecut reproduce by the male sneaking up on the aggresive and potentially cannibalistic female while she sleeps, and cutting open her abdomen, whether with swords or his mandibles, and implanting his seed. If he is quick and fast enough, he can escape before the angry female eats him, and live to mate another day.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2019, 02:07:25 pm »

As it was agreed on, Tanactithiel spends his 3 Essence on creating the Lancecut with Cut.

"We really do think alike, don't we? There are always two halves to all things, and the Lancecut seem to perfectly represent this idea. May they bring Balance to the world through Creation and Destruction."
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2019, 02:08:58 pm »

"I ju st cut thi ngs."

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2019, 02:53:41 pm »

"I ju st cut thi ngs."

"You also mess with others, you know? Don't think I didn't notice what you did to the Purity of the Purity Sun."

ShadowDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2019, 03:11:25 pm »

Twin holes have been created in the Energy/Potential Nothing barrier by some unknown force! Perhaps Rut wasn't the only god penetrating things last tick? Nothing leaks in through the wounds, as the holes slowly recover over the course of Tick 0. By Tick 1 they're gone again, with faint ripples indicating the damage.
"That was the result of my experiment. I learned that throwing things into the Nothingness damages the barrier and I believe the Nothingness destroys anything that enters it. With the likely exception of ourselves, as that would be an improbably convenient method of deicide.

"In any case, I shall now create my worshipers."

Create 2 units of Wheel Angels on Swordshield. (8E, 2S)
Spoiler: Wheel Angels (click to show/hide)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2019, 04:22:10 pm »

Bassbull Creates 5E worth of Golems, a mortal race then Drops them down to the Swordsheild world Relatively near blood merchant's Blood stone.
Total paid: 3E, 2S
Spoiler: Golems (click to show/hide)
Following this he Uses his power to Burn a rather massive City into the ground of the Swordsheild world near his mortals.
Total Paid 10P
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 04:25:59 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7