Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Divine Spirits: Tick 5: How Rude  (Read 6665 times)

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Spirits: Tick 1: Shiny Shiny World
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2019, 06:26:46 pm »

Bazalith sees the other divines making mortals and decides to join in on the fun with multiple things to add, he starts by making the Night terror Imps and places them on swordshield world, then follows up by paying the price of 6 spirit to pay for living dreams
Spoiler: dream thieves (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: magic system (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 01:54:11 am by darkwarlock3 »
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2019, 03:38:04 pm »

[Rin the Immortal]

Rin scurries around her labyrinth. She finds some life crawling around, and eats some of it.
While she has no need for eating, it's still enjoyable.
But even with food and shelter, a new problem arises. Loneliness.
The gods are strange beings. She wants friends who experienced her struggle. And so, she'll make a new race.

Rin uses 3 Essence and 2 Spirit to create a unit of Lilrins.
Spoiler: Lilrins (click to show/hide)
Rin observes her creations, going about their business. Finding things to eat.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2019, 01:18:51 am »

The Eye observed with mild disinterest the creations upon its world and elsewhere, and decided to wait and see.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2019, 04:55:18 am »

[REDACTED]
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 04:57:41 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2019, 09:10:35 am »

I spend ten power to send my massive blood crystal flying towards swordshield world.
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2019, 11:31:30 am »

I also spend 10 Power sending said blood crystal flying in the opposite direction, away from Swordshield.

The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2019, 03:56:31 pm »

The Eye spends 10 power to make sure the blood crystal hits the moon instead, IFF it is currently on an unstable orbital trajectory either toward or away from the planet. If other gods do not attempt to move the crystal in such a fashion, the Eye instead uses 10 power to create an outwardly identical blood-crystal-copy and slam it into the moon, but the copy merely explodes instead of doing whatever the blood crystal is supposed to do.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 05:32:14 pm by Maximum Spin »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2019, 05:03:56 pm »

Rut ruts with himself to produce the Lancerutters, plopping them down on Rin's Labyrinth.

7E: Create the Lancerutters

The Lancerut are a very sexually dimorphic race of mammalian people. Like most life on Rin's Labyrinth, they are lithic , and have a varied, omnivorous diet. They communicate through low pitched screeching stridulations, similar to the songs of frogs amplified several times.

The males are wolf-sized predator-warriors that look like a ox/gerbil hybrid, with slashing sword teeth , muscular hindlegs that allow them to perform powerful jumps to close the distance with their prey, and a third set of limbs with hands that can wield weapons eat. They also contain the male's gonads. They are aggressive and prone to violence and rutting.

The females are cat-sized maker-crafters that look like sturdy, wingless, giraffe-mole hybrids with four strong and dexterous hands and mane of prickly fur. The second pair of hands has a retractable spike a few centimetres thick and long. They are skilled in making things and caring for the young, and will often take on the role of weapon-maker and caretaker in Lanrut communes.

The Lancerut reproduce by the female sneaking up on the aggressive and potentially cannibalistic male while he sleeps, and cutting open the male's third pair of hands while they sleep, extracting his seed in the process. The female then  implants his seed within herself. If she is quick and fast enough, she can escape before the angry male eats her, and live to mate another day.

Biologically compatible with Lancecutters and hybrids are possible.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 06:26:59 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2019, 06:47:49 pm »

Tick 2: Let there be Life! (And also Death)

And so, the first Mortals are created! While Cut is thoroughly convinced he gets the gold medal, the new prayers of a giant, intelligent species of Weasels located on Rin's Labyrinth suggests someone else had stolen that honer from them. Said society seems to currently be making a living out of the caves, creating "Nests" and simple tools out of their own blood. Said crystalline structures could easily be said to resemble "clotting" in the veins that are Rin's Labyrinth. They seem to mostly be a sedentary hunter-gatherer society as of yet, forming large communities in the nests on their small moon. They often tend to make offerings of their own blood to the Gods, spilling it on their symbols copied from the sky, in addition to an unkown symbol.

Instead taking the mantle of first-planet-bound-intelligent-creatures, the Lancecutters are created on the Swordshield world! Their unique dimorphism leads to a fairly scattered society. Due to their sheer aggression causing them to even attack their own, the females of the species tend to live alone as hermits. Large congregations of males are likewise rare, as a group makes a juicy target for any hungry females. Most of what could be considered "society" is small larvae-catches taken care of by one or two males. Typically due to the...nature of the mating process, the female eats a majority of her own children, leaving the men to come in and claim the "leftovers". Survivors are brought to shaded, hidden locations where the males look after them until almost-maturity. Said catches must be small enough to go unnoticed and be taken care of by one or two males, or they will be devoured by their greatest predator (the female of their own species). They are currently a hunter-gatherer society, with females focusing on the "hunter" and male on the "gatherer". Little use is found for the weapon making abilities, as the planet is literally made of swords. Most sacrifices tend to be of food portions, simply left in the wilderness with a prayer to the targeted Divine Spirit (Cut -3E, Tanact -3E)

Now at second-planet-bound-intelligent-creatures, the Wheel Angels are born on the planet of Swordshield! Immediately after they are formed, Cut appears before them! Cut introduces themself by chopping off random Wheel Angel's wings, announcing who they are and demanding Worship, and summoning a massive swarm of airplane-sound-making flying swords that proceed to slaughter the Wheel Angels. Their desperate prayers for protection reach The Seraph's Cloak, who intervenes first by stabbing Cut with a lance made of Holy Flame, injuring the assailant. TSC then caused a rain of white-fire-covered spears to descend from the sky towards the swords, who proceed to attempt to shield themselves with the Wheel Angels, who in turn had been attempting to defend themselves with the equipment littering the world. By the time the dust settled, a significant amount of Wheel Angels had been killed.

This traumatic experience naturally had a dramatic effect on this newly developing race's culture. They tend to split into hunter-gatherer tribes based off of three separate ideologies. In rough order of size, there is the "Faithful": Tribes who believe that devotion to the Gods will protect them from further catastrophe. Said tribes tend to be lead by a religious leader, with many festivals and daily sacrifices of varying types to statues formed of the metallic landscape. Next is the "Fighters". In contrast, these Wheel Angels believe that the incident meant they could not trust in the Gods, or that it was meant to teach them to defend themselves. They highly value personal skill, and are the most warlike of the groups. Leaders are often war-chiefs that have demonstrated great strength or fighting ability, though some tribes have other skilled leaders such as "the best hunter" or "the best mirror-carver". They tend to live near the outskirts of Wheel Angel territory, hunting down Lancecutters both to defend the other Angels and as a form of revenge against Cut. The third group fits perhaps what Cut had desired the best: "Folders". The smallest group, these are those who fear Cut and his power. They ritually cut off several of their own wings in submission, as Cut had done before, and offer it to said Divine Spirit. They have few tribes, with several living among the Faithful rather than forming their own communities. (Cloak -8E, 2S)

Now for the first-non-hunter-gatherer-society, Bassbull creates the Golems on the Swordshield world! Being close to the blood asteroid things is fairly meaningless, given that it is currently in deep space the point is essentially random. Eating sunlight instead of more physical food, Golems often spend their limited days basking in sunlight, gathering shields to cover themselves in, and hoping something doesn't come along to eat them. They spend their more cutty days hiding under all the shields they gathered. Society is rather simple, they tend to pool together in sunny spots forming fairly simple "villages". (Bassbull -5E)

Bazalith creates a magic system, Living Dreams. Now with something unique that may be traded for, many races that experience sleep have begun forming basic trade-based economies. Shields are being combined into simple buckets and barrels, in order to hold the dreams and later other substances. He also creates Night terror Imps, a creature that feeds off the life-force of others. By necessity of their parasitic lifestyle, they are spread out among the other races. The far-spread races like the Lancecutters make easy targets as a pair is needed to fight the Imps off, but the distance between them makes for difficulty feeding off of multiple hosts. As such the "rural" Imps tend to pick a single target, feed off them for some time, then jump to a new target when the opportunity presents itself. More densely packed tribes offer more targets, but they are not always welcome and are often driven away. Some have utilized their memory altering ability to lean the locals in to accepting them openly, with several entering positions of power. In general they offer dreams to the Gods, emptying out choice bits to the sky in the general direction of the relevant constellation. Others have integrated with their host's culture, with the same sacrificial rights as said culture dictates. Fighter-faction Wheel Angels are currently experimenting with Living Dreams in an attempt to fight off the Imps. (Bazalith, -10E, 6S)

Second-moon-intelligent-but-not-very race, the Lilrins, form on the moon as created by Rin. Compared to many races, their current lives are very animalistic. They exist like most lizards do. Scurry around eating food. Getting eaten. Etc. Unaware that they are an intelligent race, the Weasels often hunt them for their healing properties, often breaking them into as small parts as possible to spread the healing effect to everyone in a tribe. This usually results in stew or soup. Worship is just as primitive as the rest of their society, usually resulting in short prayers of thanks. (Rin -3E, 2S)

The Gods play Crystalball! First up to bat is The blood merchant, who sends his own creation tumbling towards the planet. It proceeds to move at high velocities from deep space to not-so-deep space, when the hitter Tanact attempts to slam it back where it came from. He fumbles and it continues forward, albeit at a slowed pace. The Eye kicks the crystal to a secondary goal, redirecting the heavy projectile slightly towards Rin's Labyrinth at a once-again-increased pace. Currently, it is on a collision path with said moon and is likely to hit Tick 3. (-10P The Eye, TBM, Tanact)

In the first-act-of-copywrite-violation, Rut creates the Lancerutters! As a gender-flipped mammalian version of the Lancecutters, placed on the moon where they can't utilize their God-given ability to mix with the race they are based on. With the differing layout of the moon, the societies develop slightly differently. While they still try to spread out, with Males typically living alone as females in small hidden groups in the tunnels, they run into the other races more often and are forced to compete for tunnel space with the Weasels. Without weapons littering the landscape, females actually put forth the effort to make new fighting implements.  Sacrifices are typically burnt, usually offerings of food. (Rut -7E)
Spoiler: Divines (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Other Spirits (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 11:02:45 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Spirits: Tick 2: Let there be Life! (And also Death)
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2019, 07:12:16 pm »

The Pure Lily appears before the Titan Weasels, and speaks.

"Welcome be to you. I come to speak of a soon to occur event. In Time, bright-red shards made of blood shall streak across the sky. These shards grow with that which lives, forming more of itself. Dangerous, true, but properly handled, can be made into items of great power.

I speak of the three you should worship. Rin, who represents Survival, and created the lizards you use, whose purpose is simply to live and learn of the world. "
"The Blood Merchant, a representation of your own race who makes tools from blood, and powers them with blood. The creator of the Blood Meteor that others reject."

"And myself, Lily, the one who created your race. The one who gave you your heart and ability to feel. These are the three gods that rule over this moon."

"I also grant you a warning. Beware the one who Cuts, for they turned my pure light to a cutting edge when it was created, and killed other mortals to force worship from them."

Lily spends 1P to Shatter the Blood Crystal, so that the pieces will scatter across a large area of the moon.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2019, 03:30:28 am »

[Rin the Immortal]

Rin walks about her labyrinth, consuming some of the life on the way. It's a bit bland, maybe she should make a greater variety. But that's for later.
For now, she encounters some Lilrins. Some scurry into hiding, and Rin understands. Survival of the cautious. But the Lilrins that remain, they worship Rin. Through either admiration or jealousy, they want to not be a Lilrin, but be a Rin. With the power to be careless.
Rin, in her divine mind, is filled with an urge she didn't have as a mere beast. The urge to cuddle these adorable critters. She pets the Lilrins, with their small size and big aspirations.

Unfortunately, the Weasels, hunters of Lilrins, arrive. They seek the biggest and healiest of the Lilrins, but then sees Rin. Lilrins don't matter now. A Rin of that size would give life everlasting. So they try surrounding Rin, scaring most of the Lilrins away. Though a couple remain by Rin's side. Either to protect her, or so she can protect them.
The Weasels attack, but their weapons shatter upon Rin's divine scales. Not even Rin can be hurt by such primitive weapons. You need bronze to even have a chance. Rin looks at the Weasels, and then bites one of them, before eating their entire body, including whatever they're wearing. The Weasels realize the danger they're in, and move into a defensive position, while leaving a way out for Rin.

Rin then walks up to a wall, and climbs up, into a passage above. Her body very good at climbing, while Lilrins hang onto her back, so they can get to safety.
Rin doesn't mind the hunting of her Lilrins. Such is the way of nature. Besides, now she knows the Weasels are here, and can take action to deal with them. And that she shall.

Learning that Weasels are hunting the Lilrins for food, Rin decides to do some alterations to her Labyrinth. She goes to one point, lets all the Lilrins off her back, and suddenly, a humming starts.
Rin uses 4 Power to blast several underground ravines into her Labyrinth. Using mouth blasts to do so.
This serves 3 purposes:
1. It lets Lilrins climb into other caves, vertically. So it is even harder to corner them.
2. It provides an obstacle to the Weasels, who now have to bridge underground ravines in order to access new hunting grounds.
3. It destabilizes Rin's Labyrinth. Any digging now carries the risk of causing a cave-in, due to it now being made of both Power and Essence. Better brace your tunnels.
4. Unintentionally makes the Weasels fear attacking her. Due to the shaking of her blasts being felt in the entire Labyrinth.

With this done, Rin wanders her Labyrinth once more, and eats a few plants off the walls.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2019, 03:44:15 pm »

"Welcome be to you. I come to speak of a soon to occur event. In Time, bright-red shards made of blood shall streak across the sky. These shards grow with that which lives, forming more of itself. Dangerous, true, but properly handled, can be made into items of great power.

I speak of the three you should worship. Rin, who represents Survival, and created the lizards you use, whose purpose is simply to live and learn of the world. "
"The Blood Merchant, a representation of your own race who makes tools from blood, and powers them with blood. The creator of the Blood Meteor that others reject."

"And myself, Lily, the one who created your race. The one who gave you your heart and ability to feel. These are the three gods that rule over this moon."

"I also grant you a warning. Beware the one who Cuts, for they turned my pure light to a cutting edge when it was created, and killed other mortals to force worship from them."

Lily spends 1P to Shatter the Blood Crystal, so that the pieces will scatter across a large area of the moon.
"Yo u shou ld wo rship Cut, for I a m the bes t god."

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2019, 05:10:00 pm »

Attention weasels, this is the blood merchant speaking, if you worship cut, I will refuse to grant you weapons, or magic, or any other boons and you may or may not be murdered. Never give into cut's fear mongering ways.
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2019, 06:42:15 pm »

Attention weasels, this is the blood merchant speaking, if you worship cut, I will refuse to grant you weapons, or magic, or any other boons and you may or may not be murdered. Never give into cut's fear mongering ways.
"Tanactithiel Osispatheo, god of Balance here. I think it would be best to worship every god equally, so the Balance is mantained. Worshipping only a few would certainly provoke the wrath of those who aren't worshipped, too."
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2019, 06:49:36 pm »

"Tanactithiel Osispatheo, god of Balance here. I think it would be best to worship every god equally, so the Balance is mantained. Worshipping only a few would certainly provoke the wrath of those who aren't worshipped, too."

Lily blocks the voices of those other than Rin and the Blood Merchant from reaching the moon.

"Gods of the World Below, God of Balance itself. Remain in balance upon your own world, which you created. We three will remain balanced between ourselves."

"Worship shared is worship diluted, and none of you have done anything other than abandon this place. None of you contributed to this place. None of you have given gifts to mortals in this place. And you would demand worship for existing?"

Don't like speaking formally like this, but really? Who do these guys think they are to ignore their own creation...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7