Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 43

Author Topic: Proc Gen Mafia 2 -GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 99401 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 2 - Day One - Magma Alpaca Revenge
« Reply #255 on: May 05, 2019, 01:45:18 pm »

He seems to believe his own words. Scummy, but not solidly scum. However, whether he is nominally town or scum, his playstyle is of negative utility.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 05, 2019, 02:17:12 pm »

DAY 1 END

The server as a whole had decided that the player who was always advocating for the most about amount of windmill-powered screw pumps -- the Maximum Spin, as it were-- was obviously the one who pumped magma into the alpaca pen. So they collectively booted him and learned two things: 1. he had much greater mod privileges than they'd guessed; and 2. someone had left the door open for necromancers to waltz into the pile of butcher waste, creating a scourge of necromantic skin and bones across the fort. The threat was still ongoing!

Votes
- IcyTea31
- Starver - Maximum Spin [1]
- randomgenericusername
- hector13- Leafsnail, Superdorf [2]
- KitRougard
- SuperDorf - KitRougard [1]
- TricMagic - randomgenericusername [1]
- Nirur Torir
- Maximum Spin - Shakerag, TricMagic, Nirur Torir, hector13, IcyTea31 [5]
- Deus Asmoth
- Shakerag
- Leafsnail
- No Vote

Maximum Spin was lynched.

Maximum spin was Town.

Spoiler: Maximum Spin (click to show/hide)

It is night. You have until 7.45pm 6/6/19 BST to submit your actions. If you don't intend to submit an action, please tell me.

Kingawsume has replaced Starver.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 12:22:52 pm by notquitethere »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 2 - Day One - Terminal Connection Loss
« Reply #257 on: May 06, 2019, 02:10:07 pm »

The players log in to find that not only had the great obsidian hammer of Armok been carved into the shape of a sensitive bodily part not normally implemented in the game, but seven miners have died due to the poorly planned tunnelling of that stone appendage. Rage quitting over this, Kingawsume never returned.

N1 has ended

Kingawsume/Starver was killed.

Kingawsume/Starver was Town.

Spoiler: Kingawsume/Starver (click to show/hide)

Day Two

- IcyTea31
- randomgenericusername
- hector13
- KitRougard
- SuperDorf
- TricMagic
- Nirur Torir
- Deus Asmoth
- Shakerag
- Leafsnail

6 to lynch.

Day ends 7.45pm 9/6/19 BST or on majority lynch.

(Starver also sends their sincere apologies over disappearing: they'd experienced internet difficulties and had also lost the password and email for their account.)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 2 - Day Two - Terminal Connection Loss
« Reply #258 on: May 06, 2019, 02:17:28 pm »

I'll say something about MaxSpin having a Broken Ability to solo this game. And also the fact we are down two Investigative roles in a row..

Going by the fact that Scum would usually be lynching someone, IcyTea, any thoughts on who?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 06, 2019, 02:18:33 pm »

This post is mostly links rather than quotes because I wrote it while the thread was locked. Will talk about other people in a following post.

In FoU's Mostly Vanilla Mafia, mightymushroom chased after me with a weak case for a long time, not even really listening to me, pushing the same argument over and over again even after I explained why it isn't true. I found this extremely scummy and went after him in turn. Then he made one big emotional post, and I faltered:
Purposeful intellectual dishonesty is a scumtell, but it's hard to say whether it was accidental and/or emotional. Lacking other evidence, I'll Unvote for now and look elsewhere.
Hector was in that game as well, so he'd know it worked on me once. I won't be fooled again. Though my position right now isn't as unassailable as in that game, the parallels are clear.

I consider a vote a wish to raise attention to someone and force them to respond. Here’s my side of the story:
I tried to provoke hector into making that RVS vote a case and following through on it, as I'm more in my element actually building a defending against cases than just doing random RVS conversation (which hector later said was his purpose all along. What's the point of content that doesn't eventually click together?).

He refused, then said this as if he already had presented a case on the particular point. Using that point, I built his case for him in a provocatively sarcastic fashion, and in the same post explain what the actual purpose of the question was. Hector builds his actual case that’s just the case I presented, flipped: “Tea is scum because he wants to know roles, something useful to scum” rather than “Tea is not town because he wants to know roles, something useless to town.” He pointedly ignores the fact that I told my actual reason for those questions, including in his flipout post. I remind him of my stated reason and place my vote on him to force a response. He ignores it, again, and says he hadn’t made a case on me, which as noted before, he made when he first corrected the case I assumed he had on me and put his vote on me. “I believe you’re scum” and “I don’t want you lynched” are rather contradictory statements. I even point this out.

Then hector flips out. He reiterates the points of his case (even numbering them!), yet still says he isn’t making one.
He calls me a hypocrite for asking questions I say would be pointless if asked for a particular reason, again ignoring that I asked them for a completely different one.
He says that using empathy to anticipate what the other person is going to say is scummy, and takes the provocativeness of the case I assumed he had as evidence of wanting it to appear weak rather than provocation to make it stronger (who would build a strong, objective case on themselves, especially in the RVS stage where jokes and provocation are the expectation?)
He then says that when he built his case, it was to make me believe he was building a case? What? There’s a saying: if it quacks like a duck…
He then says his case isn’t actually the RVS questions, but the hypocrisy that I had already explained three times wasn’t such. This willful ignorance is very intellectually dishonest, and the crux of my case.

In that final post, he builds himself as the victim, stops calling me mafia (apparently I’m now an SK) and switches targets. This is exactly what mightymushroom did in Mostly Vanilla, and the final show of bad faith that solidifies his scumminess.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 06, 2019, 03:01:32 pm »

hector13. Almost forgot.

RGU: Follow-up on these, please:
Right now, I don't have strong enough reads on anyone to vote for them, and I'm just lost on what should I be doing.
Sorry. I'll try to have a post ready by tomorrow, as I'm also working on other things and it's getting very late.
Have you cleared your head and caught up with the game yet?

KitRougard: Do you need assistance on how to scumhunt? It seems to me you spent most of D1 apologizing about only knowing the nightgame. While understandable, this makes it hard to assign towncred to you.

Superdorf: You are what's known as 'obvtown'. You should try to take control of the situation and guide the lynch.

TricMagic: Two things: first, are you aware that commenting on a roleflip right after it's happened is a classic* scumtell?
Secondly, could you make more posts like these? Clear in both intent and syntax.
I'm not sure how you suddenly learned not to be infuriatingly vague in your posts, I can see some actual use in you.

*Meaning scum knows it and it's actually very unreliable as a tell.

Nirur Torir: I'd like you in particular to comment on my above case on hector. Also:
Hector, Tric, and Spin. I feel like you're all making bad arguments.
I don't want to lynch Hector today. He spent the day mostly tunnelling, but has good justifications, and it's D1.
What are these good justifications for a bad argument?

Deus Asmoth: You were the only one to have no vote cast when the day ended.
Deus Asmoth: Who's most townie,and who's your top D1 lynch?
That's what I'm currently deciding.
Was this night enough for you to get over your indecisiveness?

Shakerag: You took a subtle, passive, sneaky approach to D1. Since you're experienced players, I presume this means you've made useful observations and refined them to useful reads?

Leafsnail: Like me, you primarily focused on hector D1. What do you think of the other players?

An Inform ability was used on me.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 06, 2019, 03:11:04 pm »

Oof. I have a lot of re-reading to do, now I know Max really is just an odd duck, and I'm gonna have to spend another few hours trying to make some sense out of the whole Hector/IcyTea blood-feud. For now, I'll just drop this question:

TricMagic: I vote you, you vote me. I unvote you, you unvote me. What gives?

Everyone: Might Maximum Spin's role have caused him to behave more oddly than usual? And given the stupidly powerful nature of his role, would no-lynch have actually been a good idea yesterday?

--------------------------------
PPE: Oh hey, more stuff from IcyTea.

TricMagic: Two things: first, are you aware that commenting on a roleflip right after it's happened is a classic* scumtell?
Huh. Why's this a scumtell?

Superdorf: You are what's known as 'obvtown'. You should try to take control of the situation and guide the lynch.
You make me... very happy. :)
I don't trust my own reads, though. How am I going to guide the lynch like this?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 06, 2019, 03:14:11 pm »

randomgenericusername, KitRougard, and Deus Asmoth: D1's lynch came down to Hector or Spin, and you three weren't here to vote for either. I'd like for each of you to say who you'd have preferred to have your vote on, or no lynch, and why.

Kit, in particular. I feel had a much weaker D1 game than last time. I'd like to know why. What changed?
40% of your posts (2/5) mentioned SK. Is it that you're SK, is that what changed?

Nirur Torir: I'd like you in particular to comment on my above case on hector. Also:
Hector, Tric, and Spin. I feel like you're all making bad arguments.
I don't want to lynch Hector today. He spent the day mostly tunnelling, but has good justifications, and it's D1.
What are these good justifications for a bad argument?
I'll comment later, when I have more time to read and compare yours, Leafsnail's, and Hector's.
The bad argument I was not attacking you, I was referring to was this:
It is something I do all the time, because otherwise nobody pays any attention. If there were more time, I’d be poking DA and Leafsnail more about it because their responses to it are interesting, and IcyTea’s OMGUS when I corrected him on what my conclusion actually was told me my vote was in the right place to generate more content.
Which felt like a bribe. "Don't vote me and I'll keep scumhunting."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 06, 2019, 03:21:01 pm »

(My grandfather is currently in the hospital, and I think I might have caught something there since I apparently have an infection in my ear now plus a horrible headache. I was going to post during the last day, but by the time I was back home the thread had already been locked. I can't really access the backup of the post I had made either, as it's on my PC and I was told I should stay in bed. Sorry about that, still thinking it might be better to just ask for a replacement.)

About my ability, I tried using it on IcyTea31 and hector13. If I wasn't roleblocked, could you two confirm? It's fairly useless, as it should inform you of knowledge you should already have. I'll answer questions later when I'm not feeling my head splitting in half.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 06, 2019, 03:22:05 pm »

That numbered post was the case byraway. The numbered bits were for the summary at the bottom, should someone have desired context. That should have been fairly obvious because of the length of the post and the fact I summarized it.

I was using pressure on you to also get at Leafsnail. You guys are not on the same team; I felt you were anti-town with what I had on you, but he was being scummy by white-knighting to your defense and subtly twisting what I was saying.

You’ve played enough games to know how I play. I don’t let people ignore me. You fell to an emotional argument there, and I would never stoop so low as to do that, so I’m not sure of the parallel, other than two different players use the same tactic for different ends. Though I’ll accept you don’t necessarily know or trust my end yet.

I’m absolutely delighted you used that game as an example though, since I figured out mighymusheoom was scum by considering alternative motives for his actions (well, I guess what he wasn’t doing) and kept at it until he gave up and started using emotional arguments, which seems to be what you’re doing. It’s like you’re justifying your OMGUS by saying “I’ll never let generic scumtell x fool me again!” and citing a time when it fooled you.

As an aside, did anyone else’s role change during the night? ‘cause I think someone is being wide, unless IcyTea was telegraphing from the off they were going to change my role.

Night-kill analysis stream of consciousness: little to be gained from analyzing a 0-post lurker, no connections to be drawn. Clever decision, implies experience? Shakerag, Leafsnail, IcyTea, DA, and myself.

DA and Leafsnail seems more likely now.

Only one kill; SK has delayed kill? Chose not to act?

PPE: eh, last 4 posts haven’t been read yet.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 06, 2019, 03:29:20 pm »

My Role didn't change.

Superdorf, I went over that yesterday I think. I'll reread that part for a more concise explanation.

IcyTea, Interesting argument.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 06, 2019, 03:39:03 pm »

Everyone: Might Maximum Spin's role have caused him to behave more oddly than usual? And given the stupidly powerful nature of his role, would no-lynch have actually been a good idea yesterday?
No-lynch would have been a good move with that action, but without others knowing about of the action, advocating a no-lynch for nonsensical reasons was a very stupid move.

Huh. Why's this a scumtell?
It gives the illusion of being quick to react to the game, even though it only gives information that everyone has got anyway. The refined tell is usually called "observation instead of information" meaning players overly focused on, for example, discussing game mechanics or overanalyzing the kill aren't spending their time scumhunting and thus are likely to be scum. However, experienced scum know this tell as well and thus know to avoid falling into it.

I don't trust my own reads, though. How am I going to guide the lynch like this?
There are 10 players, of whom 3-5-ish are bad. Look for the liars, those whose stories don't add up, those who don't seem to be focused on lynching scum. Build a read list, even if you don't publish it, and remember that you must both doubt some and trust the majority to get a big picture that makes sense.

An Inform ability was used on me.
Furthermore: I have no idea who I was informed about or who informed me, but based on the Inform actions I tended to roll in the generator, it's likely the informer doesn't know the information they gave me. Therefore I'll say this: whoever I was informed about is not an SK (but can be mafia). I also believe the informer is town, since if I was mafia, I'd have the informer perform the kill so that the other(s) with actually useful abilities could use them.

Wrote the above before this:
About my ability, I tried using it on IcyTea31 and hector13. If I wasn't roleblocked, could you two confirm? It's fairly useless, as it should inform you of knowledge you should already have.
I can confirm it looks like information I already have, though I wasn't sure before you said that.

I was using pressure on you to also get at Leafsnail.
"I made a weak case to draw out someone who would call me out on it so I could attack them in turn." To be honest, I once did that as town, and it worked. Was this really your gambit? If not, please explain, because your web is getting tangled.

You’ve played enough games to know how I play. I don’t let people ignore me.
Neither do I. Which is why I'm so focused on you repeatedly and willfully ignoring me when I tried to explain why I wasn't being hypocritical.

You fell to an emotional argument there, and I would never stoop so low as to do that, so I’m not sure of the parallel, other than two different players use the same tactic for different ends. Though I’ll accept you don’t necessarily know or trust my end yet.
It’s like you’re justifying your OMGUS by saying “I’ll never let generic scumtell x fool me again!” and citing a time when it fooled you.
Bad faith is serious anti-town behaviour. Yes, the way I stated it makes it seem like an emotional argument (primarily to make it clear how I feel about this), but it's more than a "generic scumtell," it's a rejection of a logical principle vital to townhunting.

As an aside, did anyone else’s role change during the night? ‘cause I think someone is being wide, unless IcyTea was telegraphing from the off they were going to change my role.
Mine didn't, and I didn't.

Night-kill analysis stream of consciousness: little to be gained from analyzing a 0-post lurker, no connections to be drawn. Clever decision, implies experience? Shakerag, Leafsnail, IcyTea, DA, and myself.
My thought: scum believes they have a clear lynch and don't need to worry about strong town. Could also be an inexperienced player picking randomly, but it's indeed likely that there's at least one experienced player in the mafia.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 06, 2019, 03:44:18 pm »

Oof. I have a lot of re-reading to do, now I know Max really is just an odd duck, and I'm gonna have to spend another few hours trying to make some sense out of the whole Hector/IcyTea blood-feud. For now, I'll just drop this question:

TricMagic: I vote you, you vote me. I unvote you, you unvote me. What gives?

Hmm, First you voted me.
Then this response from me.

------------------------------

TricMagic: You showed up, said some stuff about anime, plonked a vote on Maximum Spin, encouraged Shakerag to do the same, then disappeared. Would you care to explain the reasoning behind your vote?

Starver: Given your total silence these past few hours, I can only assume you're asleep. When you wake up, would you care to let us know who you find suspicious?

Well, this is a fun thing to check. Especially given I was asleep when you posted this.

At the moment, I won't explain my reasoning. For the reason behind this, tis simple. The start of the post above this one answers that.

I am finishing Solomon, Today. I have only 4 more battles to go, and plenty of quartz. Then, I'll do BB's event till I run out of AP. And after that, do the bio of my FEF character. Then do BB's event some more. Put simply, expect content from me tomorrow. Including my Reason for voting Maxspin.

Then this in a spoiler along with a list.
TricMagic: Scum. He's not invested in this game. He's been quite clear about this. Unless he puts some serious effort in tomorrow, I'm inclined to believe he's scum-on-the-sidelines, jumping on the lynch that looks most reasonable to him.

I voted for you mostly because of that. It's a re-hash of an argument I delayed answering till later. As well, my vote on Maxspin was pressure, and didn't ever change till I came back. Your goof on jumping on a partial item, once you dropped that, I determined from your talk to drop mine, and move back to MaxSpin.

IcyTea post nin'd.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 06, 2019, 03:51:17 pm »

(My grandfather is currently in the hospital, and I think I might have caught something there since I apparently have an infection in my ear now plus a horrible headache. I was going to post during the last day, but by the time I was back home the thread had already been locked. I can't really access the backup of the post I had made either, as it's on my PC and I was told I should stay in bed. Sorry about that, still thinking it might be better to just ask for a replacement.)
Oy vey, that's awful. I'll not demand that you replace out, but if you feel that's what you should do then by all means do. I hope your life improves soon.

Your role changed? How so?

-----------------------------
PPE: TricMagic: Hrm. Seems sound. I'm slightly happier about you than I was, at any rate.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 06, 2019, 03:58:01 pm »

Sorry for not posting on Sunday, I went for drinks with some people.

Nirur
Asmoth
Nirur Torir:
Who are you deciding between? Absolutely everyone other than yourself?
I mean, yes? That's how the game works? Are you saying there are people you're 100% convinced are town or what?
Just myself.
The point is that we're closing in on the end of the day and you won't commit to saying anyone looks any more lynchable than any other, or asking many questions. You questioned Hector, are you leaning on him being scummier and thinking of going after him? Or if his answer doesn't trigger any red flags, are you right back to nobody looking any more like scum than anyone else? (or me, since you're questioning me in response to my question?)
At the time hector definitely seemed like a good possibility. Now I'm more convinced that he and IcyTea could both be town and are just arguing about theory more than this game in particular.

Oh? Does it bother you when I call you scummy? Scummy Asmoth has a nice ring to it I admit. You somehow don't have a single scum pick yet, but don't seem to be advocating a no lynch.
Scummy Asmoth, if you're looking for scum at all, you're being timid about it and hiding your thoughts. Day's getting close to over, if you have anything that might help lynch scum, you should speak up.
It bothers me that your reading comprehension is apparently this bad.

TricMagic:
MaxSpin: Still think you are an SK, or town with a kill ability. Either way, you seem completely focused on a solo game, which reinforces my feeling you aren't town. Your own Connection list is also rather ludicrous to me.
So this is your reason for voting Max Spin. Why go for a player you thought was a serial killer instead of one of the three people you said you thought were scum?

Town:
hector13-Likely Town. His vote was generating talk, mostly. And that's enough here, given the misrepresentation by his opponents.
Also, I'm curious about what misrepresentation you're seeing.

IcyTea:
I'm feeling more in gear at least.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 43