Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17

Author Topic: Between the Rivers: Gods Adrift [IC]  (Read 22509 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Between the Rivers: Gods Adrift [IC]
« Reply #135 on: May 03, 2019, 08:25:41 pm »

I will need one brought to me if I am to do what I feel I must. I will await its arrival. You may return to the tribe, to tell them of what I have told you.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 03, 2019, 08:43:21 pm »

There is some murmuring and apprehensive looks. Asteriskasteriskasterisk admits that this would be difficult.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 03, 2019, 08:46:46 pm »

...moderately expected. Fair.
Are there any within the tribe known to have killed others? One - or a few - of them would also be sufficient for my work. Be certain, however, that they are those who would be put to death. The fate I have prepared is one not for any less than deserving of that.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 08:56:17 pm by Glass »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 03, 2019, 09:02:14 pm »

One of Zapharia's relatives says that there had been a man who had terribly abused another man's property and family. Usually, such people were disfigured and exiled, but Zapharia supposed they could make an exception.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 03, 2019, 09:03:59 pm »

...yes, that should work. Bring them to me.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 04, 2019, 04:43:24 am »

He is brought to you, guarded and bound.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 04, 2019, 02:11:54 pm »

Thank you. I will be finished in seven days. I... I advise that you take your leave until then.

As all except the criminal leave, Metalhand begins his work. One of the guards thinks he hears a muffled scream.

Metalhand works the criminal into a minor accoutrement - Penance.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(1 DP)

When everyone returns, Metalhand gives them Penance and explains its use, as well as (quite briefly) explaining some "other fertilizing effects" such as irrigation and the deposition of unused plant and animal matter.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 11:22:55 pm by Glass »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 07, 2019, 07:02:07 am »

((So for those champion traits...those are just synonyms because I can't find the right word in English from my native tongue. :P Also fluffy fluff, the summary of traits are after the ";" for easier reading in shortened time))
Tala did find a man of worth, fitting her desires. A man in his 70s, he had been a traveller in his youth and seen much of Err. Later returning home, he settled down as a herbalist and hunter who acquired a reputation for joviality and generosity. Charismatic and wittty, he attracted the attention of many suitors, eventually settling down with two wives, eventually producing fifteen children. Well loved by his kin and known by reputation, he soon joined the tribal council advising his chieftess in all things.

As for lightroot, Tala found, many individual plants fitted her desires. Indeed, most lightroot had been exposed to varying degrees of thought, lore ,concepts and songs. Without being more specific, Tala would not have a problem finding such lightroot.
Tala found her own search as wanting--and after telling the person about her intent and will, she continued finding lightroot that learned the lore and depth of all her tribes in worship (for she thought the recipient needed some manner of familiarity with all such things, but foremost, needed a continuous and well-rounded source of knowledge and having been around mature and well-rounded people who knew how to question but also progress, that it not grow impulsive and judgmental in its sapience), and if this was lacking, she went with the lightroot that grew alongside the person; she mentioned to them that she would teach them six values each, different but important, as commandments.

She mentioned to the person what would happen and they had time to decide to accept or reject the offer.
((To speed things up I'm dropping the sheets here))
Spoiler: Human Champion (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lightroot Champion (click to show/hide)

Tala feels pity and blackness from Diwata. Her thoughts seem to debate itself for a time, before coming to a seeming finality and acceptance, though tinged with fear.

She declined an offer of a spear.
[...]
The visage of Tala appeared in Diwata's thoughts, pensive in expression, noting that she had much to say, after a certain question was answered.

"Why do you fear, and why do you withhold many other thoughts? Do not be afraid to ask."
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 10:45:14 am by Tiruin »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 09, 2019, 05:29:05 am »

Tala found her own search as wanting--and after telling the person about her intent and will, she continued finding lightroot that learned the lore and depth of all her tribes in worship (for she thought the recipient needed some manner of familiarity with all such things, but foremost, needed a continuous and well-rounded source of knowledge and having been around mature and well-rounded people who knew how to question but also progress, that it not grow impulsive and judgmental in its sapience), and if this was lacking, she went with the lightroot that grew alongside the person; she mentioned to them that she would teach them six values each, different but important, as commandments.

A lightroot that learnt the lore and depth of all her tribes was soon found by Tala to be something that did not exist. The GM, being a creature of questionable ranking in the lingual complexities of tiruinese, was not quite sure what she had meant by 'lightroot that grew alongside the person' and instead waited for her to clarify the situation.

If she had meant a lightroot that had grown alongside the 70 year old man, then sure!

Diwata

Her thoughts are a bit shocked and then quickly gives in to complete and utter confidence and acceptance of herself.

"Tala...I literally just told you. I'm not sure what you're implying, but I just told you exactly what my thoughts were."
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 09, 2019, 05:43:31 am »

The GM, having been giving a translation of tiruinese, now declares that the lightroot is found in of the bigger settlements of the Lawful People.

Also, the old man (named Dirugulatl) did accept Tala's offer and made his ears to listen.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 05:58:45 am by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 12, 2019, 05:09:34 am »

[...]
Her thoughts are a bit shocked and then quickly gives in to complete and utter confidence and acceptance of herself.

"Tala...I literally just told you. I'm not sure what you're implying, but I just told you exactly what my thoughts were."
Tala highlighted that one statement.
I feared that you would strike me down, but I don't think you have the heart to
And she formed a small human-like figure in her mind, made of straw or rock or other easily identifiable material, and deconstructed it to its barest essence, while reforming it again.

"You will not lead well with that kind of thinking--you may lead these people well, but your character still needs growth, and yet you have outlived more than 3 generations of life. The issue is that there are implications in the first place. There are a lot of premises on your choice--but you have not acted to bring them up beforehand. I would like you to reconsider that deeply, as children can call other people as children, but that's judging by their level. I have never called you any lesser, have you noticed that? While I am the newest spirit in the area, and the most powerful, you consorted with other spirits about questions you could have asked me, and told me your needs as well as those of the people. Assumption is a spirit in itself, filling your mind with thoughts of connections of things that may be possible but not applicable.

"Still, you speak truly, and exemplify the character I wish in the cultures of the people--one of critical mind. I aim for you all to lead by your own power, and work with the essence of yourselves--of thought, and your inner spirits. But this is a different time, nascent and reactive in one-sided judgment. How may I see more if it is in a child's eyes? Children are wonders of life, able to learn much more than any predecessor, but their environment matters--you use their idea to mean someone only starting to know their capabilities. Mayhap I'm asking you what is a spirit, because you will face those questions in the far future, where my and others' deeds and tasks are seen differently, and derived onto other forms. Everything has a spirit, down to the smallest constituents of your being--I do not ask what is a spirit, I tell you to think about that, because I am very different and yet very familiar. I test those who are close to me, by providing differences and questions which can appear very different to them, because they will not grow unless given. These simple questions never received an answer--they received ignorance, and refusal. It is a truth for us, but the reason I ask is to provoke insight and patience.

"...You could just ask me to teach you activities to do and to help with the different chiefs and tribes, and yourself given your own inner conflicts, but you speak with surety as if you have seen all of me, my potential, and my capabilities. You have much potential Diwata--do not use it against me as if you think me lacking; that is common of many children to their peers or parents when their wants seem unfulfilled, but their needs are met. You speak well with the spirits, even those of esoteric nature--an imputent spirit of boredom, those of royalty, the flood cycles, and the ancient dead; use this as your gift and develop it to become a trait you can wield to guide while establishing a point of trust onto those who wish to help you! No person can ever hope to live a lonely life, or lead alone, or be the God-King of the world alone, because they all require support from others. 4 generations ago, we spoke about the importance of life--you are correct that I wish you no harm, and I am grateful that you have not taken ill-will more in mind--but you are mistaken by concluding things about me without talking to me. If you wish to serve others, know that many spirits may not be as caring as I, demanding of souls and blood and death, only to sate themselves in return of short-sighted promises. Many will hearken onto powers that you will not have, nor will your people have, and many may follow them because they sense and see and hear and feel these things. This is not so with me. I can raise mountains and command the spirits away, I can smite the rocks upon which you stand, and raise them to serve in your place. I can command the waste of your people to serve as a champion and it shall be the same and more. But those are not my goals--I seek to uplift you all. For those who worship me, and those who I expect will become a thriving united civilization--combined from the clans and tribes, and working with one another as a large family--will only succeed if they are able to take care of themselves and other beings, such as the animals around them and give equal reverence to the spirits that abound. Else you shall see war and damnation, and curses of the vilest sorts not even in mind or word of the ancestral dead and the honored souls (I hope your last chat with one of them was nice though, that was a bit...too rigid in my tastes). Besides, you just shrugged if lightroot was taken away--undoing the progress of people instead of using its capabilities like a leader should have. You have not known philosophy, the physical laws, or wisdom, all of whom give more insight to the questions I have asked that seem too simple and childish to you. I will bring teachers in order to help you, and an envoy from my creations--because your freedom is your power, but you lack a lot, especially if you are to judge me. You are foolish to judge my heart when it is I who trusted you with its candidness. You misunderstand my words of using lightroot well and proper, instead relying on it to live and wile life away rather than bettering and challenging yourselves, when it could be used to satisfy both and lead you one step closer to higher goals. You have not known that lightroot is my creation--it exists nowhere else, and should be treated with reverence and respect, for it is new to many, and without them knowing me, they will make their own ways in treating it; some will fear and hate it, thus instead, I offered you the chance to use it to diversify the plants, fruits, seeds, and woods, in order to still travel with rations and feed the animals around here, and hearken not onto foreign designs for lightroot--it can be used to grow goods for trade instead of trading lightroot itself to those who do not wish it. You have used pity wrongly, for you have already concluded what I am by only what you know. You feared I would strike you down, but it is not me who shall do so--you have not attended to your spirit of ignorance and misunderstood it as power.

"But a choice is a choice. Your wish can be adjusted by what you sense, and you sense very little from me. Instead, I tell you more than what your senses can see. I will tell you who I am- as I address you 3 champions. When you finally wish to serve another, leave the spear I have given you by my side--I have noticed your thoughts when you saw its use, and you have never chosen to speak about them, insomuch that you have devalued immortality in approaching your idea of service and myself."

Tala's visage gave Diwata a smile as she acknowledged the fact that she was speaking in many places at a given time.

((Edited my sheet!))
If she had meant a lightroot that had grown alongside the 70 year old man, then sure!
((Lightroot growing in different tribes instead as the pick :3 clarified elsewhere!))
Also, the old man (named Dirugulatl) did accept Tala's offer and made his ears to listen.
Tala mentioned the essence that she was to give and grant them--immortality, and non-aging (but unlimited in growth). She mentioned that this could be given to anything and anyone--and grant them sapience, and she took the time to talk to them in depth about sapience and how it interacted with the spirits. She asked how they would use the aspect of non-aging.

She also mentioned that to them, and to her lightroot champion and other champions, she would tell of a great truth for them to understand, as in her next visitation she would teach the essence of worship.

She also gave her blessing that they be restored in health in mind, spirit, and body, and cautioned them to the endeavors of immortality, by speaking of the inner spirits such as boredom and other feelings, and that it was important to understand them and study them--this she emphasized in the traits she taught. Next was to talk to them in their time and speak in the haste and breadth of the mind, rather than the slowness of spoken words--speaking with meaning and thoughts in their forms, beginning with that of acknowledgement; she told them of the freedom they had, that they had the freedom of whom to choose and to worship, but also of the importance of knowing who has given what, and upon which, and all their importances--that they would be Tala's teacher, and speaker to the people. With what powers were given to them, they would face dangers both in the physical and in the mind and spirit--ideas by other spirits, wordings that would court doubt and change perspective, and that in the end, they had the final choice on things--these she exemplified in her commandments. To her commandments, she mentioned the foremost important one was merely to listen and communicate with her; all else were values and principles that were lacking in the world that she wanted to take root to prosper.

She mentioned lightroot--a lifeform that only existed by her own creation, and that it would have a leader which relied on others for guidance, as no living being could subsist alone or by their own species. It was important to keep it safe as it would greatly aid the living, but as it was new, and just like herself, it had the great potential of being misunderstood, and even hated or seen as different-onto-death by others who had little knowledge but thought they knew more.

She mentioned that talks like these were important, as there was a limit on how she could act directly with the world--but without limit in acting indirectly. She mentioned she had a first before them, a champion by the name of Diwata, and that they had many thoughts and doubts to furnish over and refine. For the man, it was important for them to be able to work with all present, past, and future champions, as Tala was a spirit on the side of sapience and the well-being of life, but like any leader or great spirit, required a relationship with those she governed; she pictured and spoke about many things she would say that would be difficult to comprehend, and it was important to communicate with her openly and truly, as she never means ill-will to others. She mentioned that she was the youngest yet most powerful spirit in the current area, and that she brings difference and progress--deciding to mesh herself more with the world in order to be able to give more.

This she did with both her champions.

And to all her champions, she spoke. ((parenthesis meant only to Diwata))

"I am Tala, a great spirit of many aspects, such as time, travel, and of the living, of humanity and other life, focused on order and guidance--newest in this land, and one with the most power. I am both all-seeing and focused in sight. I can see farther than any present and also see as little as what I can around me. I have noticed the tethers that bind and hold up the world, and those that prevent me from acting more to you all and your people (--this is something I have sought to fully understand myself before speaking, and a large reason why you see my actions and words differently, although that is mixed with what you do not know. It was my mistake to overestimate what you are familiar with, but give me patience and I will give you wisdom in turn). she basically noted that one could see her as an ascended being like themselves as a comparison. There are others with powers like mine present, but the closest I have sensed is in the west, towards the oasis. I am myself, and am who I am. To you and all those who wish to serve me, I give full freedom, for the path of guidance is towards the betterment of those who follow, but it is a long and hard path--I trust you amongst many because of the character you had built; the hardest of grounds for seeds to sprout and spirits to grow, and a defining quality of what you can do. The systems you go by, of chiefs and tribes, are important, but must unite in order to work better in the generations to come. I have affected your culture that you will travel more, in order to know the world as it currently is, and in order for you to see what may affect you in turn. Change is constant, and is always present with time--I aim to enable you all to greater heights, through yourselves with guidance. I am foremost a teacher, and give not for people to ignore and neglect what was fulfilled, but to use to benefit themselves and better benefit others who are willing and accepting--much like the lightroot that has helped you all, many yet do not know its full potential. It fulfills your basic needs, but has enabled you to turn eye to other wants. I tell you of your inner spirits, those of prudence and patience, of consideration and respect, and it is important to always respect that you will have basic needs, with or without lightroot, for it grows nowhere else but here, and should be respected alongside your basic needs. Else, I would have removed the need for satiety long ago--because I know different things will be treated differently, even with contempt and hatred, and death, hence you can use lightroot to create and make more of what you have, in order to trade and give onto others--only when they understand and you are able to teach them that it must be freely given, and I will elevate it to the same as those who worship me, that they may understand more.

"A teacher requires a relationship with whomever they teach, hence the champions--you all--are those I am close with, able to see many wordings I can say and do. Treat me not as an advisor but like how you would a wise elder; there are many things I may say that can be differently taken, and it is easier to work through these tethers onto you all instead of with the people as a whole. You may be their leaders, but remember that you are always never alone and need each other--every living being needs each other to thrive, and you are more than mere existence. If you can act and do, all the more can you make for yourselves and others, just as I have given these past generations without asking anything in return. Now, I will give you challenges and tasks each, because life is a constant progression, and thus also needs their thoughts and minds to grow.

"And finally, there are those in the world that call for death and blood, of slavery and of binding. Avoid the land-paths to the southern west, where the raiders are, but make sight to what they do. They carry my teachings, but use them for short-sighted goals, and it is a chaotic time with them at the present; teach the people and guide them, for I can only act as much given these tethers. They do not bind me, but separate how much I can give into the world at a time, else the world will be destroyed if I or others like me unleash our power fully. I will return in the next generation, and fully attempt to teach the people worship--the exchange between those like me and lesser spirits, and you all, of how we balance this power medium, because us spirits need that in order to better interact with the world without causing harm.

"Please keep in mind the importance of respect. No living being will be able to live without the spirits around them, so too will you meet difficulties with me because of these limitations in the world, but I do not mean any of you harm or ill-will, as thinking or believing that of us will only create discord and change how we give to the world in ways you do not want.

"But to better this, and be a constant reminder of my presence, I aim to bind a part of me to the world that you will all know and constantly see, I will require materials best sourced from you around here, and you will need the knowledge I teach and that of the neighbors who do not harm you--especially those of the oasis-west, for they are nearest and most inclined to the people here. Create friendships and bonds with their people, for I recognize the great spirit there as my equal, together.

"I await your thoughts and responses, for if you wish to serve me, I will challenge you with tasks and actions to take. Such is but a small part of immortality and non-aging--you will always have time for yourselves in doing so, and learn more if you choose to take on what I ask."

Blood Action: ...It should be teaching mining but I will totally await a response.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 06:19:44 am by Tiruin »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 12, 2019, 06:51:24 am »

And then Diwata says

Lol jks

---

A lightroot from the tribe of Samgutil is chosen for ascendance.

Dirugulatl politely says that he would prefer not being called Mariposa.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 07:15:10 am by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 12, 2019, 01:19:23 pm »

Dirugulatl politely says that he would prefer not being called Mariposa.
Tala gives them a thumbs-up.
The Spear has Returned.
:'(
Tala bestowed the Spear onto the human, mentioning that it is one such tool imbued with constrained power--in time she would request it back, but for the moment, it was theirs to study and explore, and wield for their own needs; to share between them and the lightroot champion.

As for Diwata, Tala ensured that the momentary farewell was without burden and still offered the freedom of teaching her people as well as those of her own.

Miracles: Temporary application of power. Note that cursing includes outright killing. Via meteor strike, if you prefer and are able to. Minor miracles are things like inflicting common cold, temporarily increasing the strength of an army, conjuring food or forcing wildfire. Major miracles include temporarily making an army into werewolves, making all sand in a hex into maggots, granting a few thousand craftsmen the ability to forge without tools or allowing people to subsist on gravel.
((So there's knowledge that a major miracle lasts like, till our next coming, or 50 years...))
...I guess it's time for Blood Action!
> TEACH JUSTICE! Spending 2 DP on adding teaching a curse in this to those in my hex | GAH action requirement!
((These are all literally fluffy details, the whole concept is in teaching justice and using the DP for a minor curse to be taught and wielded))
Where she was worshipped, Tala asked both people and animal to gather, giving the first commands to her champions--to listen, and to uphold acknowledgement to her as teacher, as they would receive greater learning given their bond together than the talks with the people, which would deeply depend on what they sensed instead.

She spoke to her worshippers (in all(?) her influence areas), bespeaking about the nature of the law and its final goal, to solve disputes and enable a way for the betterment of the parties involved--including its complexity given the factors and facts of the situation. She first praised them, for keeping to the humble, narrow path, where others would have taken that of opportunity such as sailing upriver--for opportunity was in time, but thoughts and beliefs were outside time, and can be repeated over and over again. She noted the calamities in their journies that were in between, such as the raiders against their goodwill and travel, and internal strife such as the feeling of power in commitment while wielding the law and the justice that would be brought forth.

Hence, she aimed to show the teaching of the foundations of universal justice--all systems of people were created, but their treatment to each other builds their future, and their "world"--what they know and are familiar with and learn; she added a ritual of discernment--that of banishing lies and falsehoods and allowing direct communication, that would be more apparent in its practice later, until her next coming within the next 2 generations. She brought up the corvee and instead built upon it, noting that all labor is free, and all who prosper do so because of others. She forwarded the thought alongside an innate goal rather than on orders alone; of social welfare and justice, of the family being a community than the handful of people alone, and the importance of context to every person as was practiced in the laws. Therein, she added, that those who harm without reason--those who raid and kill for resources, or who believe they are greater than others without any part of communication or discretion or consideration--would face justice (of which she described the different forms from rehabilitation to otherwise--with a segue into behavior and parenting for familiarity). She mentioned why they were being raided, purely because of the presence of need--of slavery, and how its form, despite being different in many ways in many words, was a short-sighted way of progress, as an example. There was a system in place, and any change requires something of similarity to fulfill, else change will be difficult. In part, short-sightedness is like a many-fold land with the person in one part of it, very clear from afar but not so much in the present; they were nascent in their treatment to lightroot, the animals, and the other living creatures therein--they could treat them better than they were, for lightroot was never to die out while she was worshipped--they could have allowed access to lightroot to the animals, but to do so required learning how to work with animals, and learned how to tend to them just like themselves, as they are needed to sustain the world, and to have used lightroot to diversify the crops and creatures they feed upon. Lightroot was a way to make the plantlife healthier and by itself is life on its own; to protect against sameness which can make it weak to the spirits which eat time. Raiders only wish for things they lack, and they know little else but death, slavery, and blood; they are driven by what they know! They were short-sighted, and were proof of the dangers of lawlessness and inconsideration, but they were doing so because of a reason. Thus, it was important to uphold the innate respect of people, and return to the raiders their own understanding--first with observation, to know their ways and means of war, and second with being able to defend themselves against such actions and prevent further ones; these were precepts in mind of justice for those who have been lost prior. When lacking resources for anything, it was very possible for people to turn short-sighted unless they support each other through difficulties and basic needs, of food, belongingness, and protection.

In introducing justice, she emphasized the importance of before and after--of after a just action has been done, and what had happened before, that to lead up to the issue. Of every part of a party to the end, much like the many parts of a person to a building or the many small spirits of the body that made up their arms, legs, and other parts. She emphasized the importance of resources, for those with many to provide for those with few, and to interact and communicate--hence the importance of a family of families, of tight-knit knowledge, rather than lone families in a community. Foremost, she emphasized rituals of truth that would ease away falsehoods and lies, reliant upon thought and oral communication of both parties seeing to judge, or their representatives if either party was incapable of either, that they for example may not be so pitiful to carry agendas to falsify results by prejudice, or see lesser of those who are seen to do less, and those to be judged--of the spirits of emotion that provided aversion and escape from harm, that this would only be met with just reasoning and consideration.

And foremost, she mentioned pensively that there were times where there will be a lack of knowledge on how to handle cases--these required learning and sight--forwards, hindwards, and in the present, inwards. People built their future with guidance from others, themselves, and those around them; while some paths may ease their goals, they must find ways to store knowledge to help those later on and to ensure the results were not only that of impulse or passion.

She ended the talk with the note, that they would commonly find mercy--given time--more powerful than conviction, and if they built their culture combining the understanding of the balance of mercy and justice, it would last for hundreds of generations, and to those who had accepted such teachings, would become stewards of the lands and animals, but rise in order to be capable of doing so and more.

To her champions, she expounded further--all that was said was what was possible, but the direction she planned for her people was for progress instead, to think forward without the rigidity of labeling by superficiality. In order to do so--the first and foremost challenge was both to keep her teachings and acknowledge her as a teacher, and to create her a temple for praise and justice to occur, as she had mentioned prior that she would connect herself to the world--to become familiar, from them to her and her to them. This needn't be anything grand, for she could easily move mountains to do so--moreso that there would be a place for people to recognize as hers and of others (for she mentioned the makings of a pantheon), to gather thought and worship, for people to feel at peace and be healed, and for teachings to be spread. She only needed the materials to work with that they could provide--that they be familiar with what is present, or even the knowledge of what was present in her lands would suffice--she mentioned she trusted their foresight, to provide for others compared to their own experiences of commands, demands, and orders.
She spoke to them of cycles; that no matter how familiar things were, there was always choice--in previous generations, and those of the future.

A second, more resourceful challenge was to send an expedition to meet the west-oasis people, and form a (place of her influence) there or in between, where trade can more easily be conducted; they were to bring lightroot and use that place as a grounds of learning and open exchange. She told the story of Diwata and the speaking bird--perhaps (she assumed) a champion of the great spirit actively of the area therein, and mentioned that if they were having any parallels, those people would send or at least be aware of their people in the same. For lightroot, it was important to use this resource well--it only grew in Err, because it only came from her. She allowed lightroot a time in the world to see its survival by itself, and by those around; there will be time where she will introduce all of it as is in the future generations.

A third was to report upon the predominant needs of the worshippers and significant things (e.g. events or people or spirits, etc)--this was important, but short-lived for this generation alone, and would be delegated later on to others. It was a task for them in order to teach the importance of inter-communication, proactivity, organization, and prioritizing information. Such as getting to know the local spirits and whom were transient or not, especially of importance--which were lenient to be worked with, such as those of duty, subservience, and the like, and which were not, such as those of the air, the lands, and the waters--these would be used to be helped and to help, as people will grow the ability to ingress into the spirit in time...or fail altogether.

Next was to prepare lightroot into (her hex), in the next generation, as she was to give them the same level of mind that humans and others had--they were new, and thus needed acclimatization with the world and all its conflicts and pleasures; these ones were not to be in anyway harmed or kept for travel--she mentioned they would become the people of (her lightroot champion) within the next generation of humans. To her human champion, she mentioned to take care of their family and children, and to start there and in their community when it came to tuning the family as a community of families, as when they would grow up, Tala would return. For the lightroot, it was an easy task which can be delegated to other people and need not be them, but it was important that they understand on similar levels.

The last one was purely meant to be an aside, but Tala mentioned that the elephants and whales were one of those few who had listened in generations past where others turned aside--they were important to contact and connect with with the humans and the lightroot, and communicated with even if they did not currently share the same verbal language or way of needs. There were other forms.

She had also mentioned, upon telling of the animals, what they had told her in generations past by--and how people had ignored her call.
"Why should the humans be so favoured amongst all, where when they attack other animals as well?" None of the animals would [...] put themselves under the service of the humans, meek creatures with no claws or fangs. Indeed, they had needed claws of stone, gifted by a spirit!
"None of you will be truly favored if you pick and decide--you should treat with respect and show that you can control under justice and mercy. They may not see your mental acumen, but your physical prowess or appearance. This is one way you could ensure them to follow; I have gifted you teachings in the past where you could do so."
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 06:53:18 am by Tiruin »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 12, 2019, 11:10:30 pm »

Seeing the form of Fu, the twisted demon arise within his sphere of influence, Guar could not but let out a deep resounding sigh. The war had ended, this was nothing but the vengeance of a hypocritical demon. "It is in defeat we come to know our true selves. Now you are revealed for what you truly are Fu, a creature of death. We are not gods of peace, rejoice, for you have joined me in the Era of Blood. "

Action 1 [3CP], Alter a hex to a radically different environment: In opposition to Fu, Guar exerts power in equal measure into the hex to contest the change with a change of his own. Massive trees with roots deeper and stronger than any tree naturally could produce erupt from the earth. This sudden and vibrant forest anchors itself deep into the bedrock and beyond, holding the entire hex in it's current location. On the surface, life flourishes, the trees producing untold types of fruits and flowers, a prismatic display of the power of life which struggles against death. The sturdy trunks and unbreakable roots breaking the wind and dispersing it without danger.

Action 2, Prevent the Sacrifice. Much as Fu seeks to use his power to kill the Horsemen, Guar uses his own to prevent their sacrifice, giving them shelter in his tangled forest and preventing the sacrifice through whatever means necessary.

Action 3 [2DP], Major Miracle Individual: Seeing now that Fu himself was within Guar's influence range, and more over, seeking to personally carry out vengeance upon his people, Guar would show no mercy to this demon. He beckoned forth the blood that had been spilled here, that had seeped deep into the roots of this place. He took that and fed it into one of he giant trees, and as it's white trunk grew forth from the ground beneath Fu, it did not grow leaves, but instead, white boney thorns. It's trunk shot forth from the earth with speed greater than any creature could react to, piercing Fu and continuing to grow through him, sprouting new branches and thorns to repeatedly entangle and destroy him.

Blood Action, Uplift Disciple, [1E]: The Age of Blood was upon Guar's realm, and with it, a new season in the cycle of mortality would begin. Guar reached down and selected the shaman with the greatest mind for tactics and leadership ability. This woman would unite his people under a single banner, and bring forth a new age in Guar's realm.

Spoiler: Disciple (click to show/hide)

Guar speaks to his warriors: The war is almost over my children. Capture those who are of worth to us, and slay the remainder of the River Palace survivors who have not fled. Once this is done, we will be the sole rulers of this land, and you will come to know the rewards of faith when I rise once more in fifty years. Go forth, and spill blood in my name and for the benefit of us all. And with that, Guar rested.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 10:31:32 am by Roboson »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 16, 2019, 11:37:28 am »

((Sorry for the edits Mice, I'm in Finals/Masterals season so there were bits I forgot to edit in the 1st/2nd action, I'll place it here.))
This post is not to be edited as per rules in the OOC about changing form posts.
Third Action: Take the form of an Idol.

After speaking of justice, Tala spoke to her champions.
"A ruler who kills those devoted to them is not a ruler who inspires devotion. Immortality is a precarious gift, but just as much as thought is, only elongated in time in a changing world--it is a tool for those who can wield it, but it requires a flexible mind. In the present, you are worthy--in the future, you build upon yourselves to ensure every present time stands for that. If you want others to follow you, you have to become part of their world; that is what I attempt to do, even if I follow somewhat different ideals than what many are accustomed to towards the spirits. I teach freedom and control, I teach insight and impulse, I teach that people are capable of all these and more, and of the worst they can even imagine, because it is by people that their futures are forged--many spirits will not do what people could have, even if they did not, and guidance and interaction are needed. I choose my champions by the characteristics they build--not the expectations they want me to see, as I see more than that; these can all change over time, but regardless, remember you are always free to choose your path in regards to serving me--you can choose otherwise if you think it is best, but see more than that when you think so, because a lot of your thoughts are much like what I say. Thought is guided by what you know, and you make decisions by what you know, and what you know is by what you sense.

"In the future, I ask you to seek people of certain character--you can train them as your apprentices that you are not alone. You can foster people as children even if you will outlive them. Many people chase immortality--try to ensure that they fulfill their lives towards a better future that is not their present. We are all of the primordial essence, and some are the branches of the roots of others. All I ask, is respect, acknowledgement, and remembrance, as a lot of power comes from thought."

And before they were made champions, Tala asked an oath be taken--that they use the powers of unaging, and of immortality, to the best of their reasoning, that they stay true to their word and communicate if any changes would be made in honesty, and that they hide no untruths for they are as real as any spirit or being, but seen in the mind before in the physical place; that they acknowledge they are champions of herself and are connected as an extension of her will. That they serve choice, insight, and life, just like they do her, and that they may choose to return her gifts whenever--but must communicate before doing so.
==+==
Tala mentioned her goal to them, to be able to understand death the spirit and physical better for the people, and they should not be afraid to ask questions, or blind themselves to sides and parties, or sharply held beliefs which cast only wrong or right--as champions, they were trusted above the rest, but this came with humility and was not to be taken lightly.

She then asked them that between now and the next generations, she would return in [50 or so] years--she required a core to anchor herself into as a form to take, preferably of the best metals or materials they could find or trade for (and the tact to be said as needed to procure such materials). If they would learn or knew any better form, it was also applicable. With this, unless anything else was to be attended to, she slept.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17