Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17

Author Topic: Between the Rivers: Gods Adrift [IC]  (Read 22503 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Between the Rivers: Gods Adrift [IC]
« Reply #120 on: April 30, 2019, 07:12:44 am »

You sense...fear, astonishment and outright disgust, quickly replaced by pity. "I will have to refuse your offer, Tala. As for everything else, I shall prepare."

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 30, 2019, 08:57:48 am »

You sense...fear, astonishment and outright disgust, quickly replaced by pity. "I will have to refuse your offer, Tala. As for everything else, I shall prepare."
"It will help you to voice your thoughts to me. I can...sense a lot about you. And the preparations are more for the far future--right now, I just want you to live your life well there."

Tala was pensive...before she asked Diwata if she could explain further. She did so by talking to her for quite a time--in a better manner, explaining her commandments were not very good, and that she knew the spirits a lot well. (Basically explaining the idea that she did not particularly mind commandments other than that they were meant to help structure for the wholesome wellbeing

She also mentioned, that given her choice of changing form--if there was any ulterior motive she had not said, and wanted in anyway for Tala to be harmed--this would be the best time to do so. Right after she would sleep; the champions she would plan would not know because they are not yet champions as of this moment.

She mentioned she had but one question (...after all the others in what was thought of as a productive exchange of "Hey I'll teach about agriculture, or other things, and maybe make a book or container for knowledge to be transmitted across generations, also you serious you don't want a spear because you're cordially invited to really actually help tell me what you want rather than me assuming because it's been long enough that I finally got this 'my presence in this time' realistically, in much better words)

"What do I not know, Diwata? There is so much I am misplaced from, that I need guidance too. Tell me how you all know of spirits. Tell me what am I to you."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 30, 2019, 05:24:01 pm »

Tala did find a man of worth, fitting her desires. A man in his 70s, he had beeb a traveller in his youth and seen much of Err. Later returning home, he settled down as a herbalist and hunter who acquired a reputation for joviality and generosity. Charismatic and wittty, he attracted the attention of many suitors, eventually settling down with two wives, eventually producing fifteen children. Well loved by his kin and known by reputation, he soon joined the tribal council advising his chieftess in all things.

As for lightroot, Tala found, many individual plants fittef her desires. Indeed, most lightroot had been exposed to varying degrees of thought, lore ,concepts and songs. Without being more specific, Tala would not have a problem finding such lightroot.

---

Tala feels pity and blackness from Diwata. Her thoughts seem to debate itself for a time, before coming to a seeming finality and acceptance, though tinged with fear.

She declined an offer of a spear.

"I no longer wish to serve you. While I appreciate your gift of immortality and power, you are not suited to be my patron or 'god'. You are like a child, one who knows many things beyond their years, but one still yet with a child's mind. You are a spirit, but you know nothing of spirits. I don't fully understand this and nor do the other spirits. You give us lightroot but tell us not to rely on it. Why ought it exist then? You invite diplomacy with *animals" as if they were equal to your own followers. And lastly, you lack the countenance of a power worth worshipping. You attempt to negotiate when you should rule and rule when you should negotiate. I feared that you would strike me down, but I don't think you have the heart to."

"This is what I Think, Tala."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 01, 2019, 02:29:04 am »

Sarkyran awoke to his people making... well, some progress. Not nearly as much as he'd like, but they were getting there. Still, they were in need of more divine assistance and guidance to reach civilisation proper.

To truely make his mark, Sarkyran, and his faithful companion Coraglai search the land for a hill, unto which he could survey upon all his lands and the river
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 01, 2019, 04:09:01 am »

Sarkyran would find such a thing an impossibility; the last was simply too vast for a single hill to see all.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 01, 2019, 04:11:26 am »

Sarkyran then settled on the next best hill, one that could survey the local lands whilst overlooking the river.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 01, 2019, 04:31:28 am »

He did thus find one with no difficulty.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 01, 2019, 08:53:29 am »

To all who Serve. To all who Worship. I am a Peaceful God.
However, that does not mean I am not Wroth Incarnate to those who would harm they who live beneath and around me.

To this, I speak across the Plane, Live, Survive. Help others, and receive Aid in turn.
To those who unnecessarily bloody their hands with the blood of innocents, however, you shall never reach Avalon.

And to those, who followed the Blood God, who shed not only my peoples' blood. To those who then kill their own upon my land. Now, is the reckoning.

Disappear from Existence! For this is the Land in which you conquered, as far away from your god as the Sun from the Earth!

And so the winds range, the storm tears, the ghosts feed upon their tormentors. On this Land, I am God. And all shall recognize this.

The Earth Shatters, Waters rise up beneath the cracks, the ground falls inward, the stones and plants levitate upward. The broken Palace, rising amidst with the town, where the Stone of winds once stood. From the Land, it all rises upward on a current of pure power, changing the nature of this land forevermore. Beneath, those on this land die, their souls being plucked as one would a wind chime, all not of Fū dying in this End to power the Island forming in the Sky.

The Environment is changed forever more.
Beneath lies a stormy Lake stretching deep across the entire area, and above a vast Island floating. Avalon, that which only those blessed with flight can reach.

Action 1: Speak across the Plane to all connected to me, be those of the River Culture who still worship me yet, or those in this Land(Hex), invaders one and all, soon to power my Work.

[BLOOD] Action 2, 3DP: Alter a hex to a radically different environment. The Storm, winds, lightning, everything above, the lake that swallows all, the island lifting above. In Blunt terms, Mass Murder Sacrifice of Blood Power via land alteration.(Note, my people get lifted up during this.)

Action 3: Natural Wonder: Avalon, the Floating Isle of the Chosen.

In general, the actions all fit together as one massive action, using the invaders as fuel for my work.
This island will act as the perfect place for my Mikos, as only they can access it right now. Along with those who my creation power rescued to it.

To those who will listen, the old land is no more, for now Avalon floats there.
When I next awaken, I shall choose 1 among you to receive a gift. The actions of this Blood God, see to it that they pay for their folly.

My gift shall be that gift, from their blood does power flow, from my peoples' worship, their wishes, will the power of the Blade of Hope hold.

With this, Fū rests within Avalon.

Code: [Select]
Natural Wonder
Name: Avalon, the Floating Isle of the Chosen.
Appearance: A massive Floating Island, the lake which spreads across the hex itself is ever stormy, filled with storms, lightning strikes, and wind.
The Island, in comparison, is a place of tranquility, filled with ever-flowing water, forests, plains, small mountains. And the old ruins of the Palace-town, now restored to it's former glory.
Purpose: Floats above, generating the storms of the sea from it's presence.
It is a home for Fū's people, as only those who can fly with her power can ever reach it.
All others without blessing shall end up in the storms from the winds.
The Lightroot is here too, obviously.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 08:27:33 pm by TricMagic »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 01, 2019, 09:21:13 pm »

Metalhand awoke - maybe a little late, he felt. No matter; what was a few weeks over five decades?
But he felt the tides of the world. And he set to work.

He began with preparations for later times. A battery, with which to prepare for a great work.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(3 CP)

Next, he created tin. Not invented it, but he certainly made it much more available. Specifically, it was created within the mountains that his people were already mining.
(1 CP, 1 Essence)

And then, he summoned his champion Zapharia, and whomever she wished to bring with her. There were some things to discuss.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 11:22:31 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 02, 2019, 06:42:22 am »

Zapharia, now quite infirm, is brought over to the grove by some of her relatives on a simple palanquin. Asteriskasteriskasterisk is also there by her side.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 02, 2019, 09:55:38 am »

Zapharia. It is good to see you again. There are a number of things to discuss - though first among them, I think it would be wise to ask, how has your search for a successor been, should you have started it?

(Please note: when I made Zapharia my champion, one of the commands I gave her was to search for a suitable successor when her life was nearing its end.)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 02, 2019, 11:51:45 am »

As such, Sarkyran began his work, laying the groundwork of civilisation for his people. It would be hard, but it would be rewarding both both them and himself.

Action 1: Upon the hill that Sarkyran claims as a holy site and his new home, he builds a fountain for his followers to provide blessings unto them (4 CP). To his followers, he commands that any and all that follow him shall make pilgrimage to his fountain and drink from it's waters once in their lifetimes. Those that do make the journey to the fountain shall be rewarded with his favour and in turn given blessings. Furthermore, on the site, Sarkyran command his followers to build him a large temple upon his chosen site, and to enclose the fountain into a courtyard connected to the temple

Spoiler: The Fountain (click to show/hide)

Action 2: Next, did Sarkyran create a sandwich board that automatically translates the text for the viewer to understand, leaving it near his fountain as he proclaims his laws to his followers, writing them on the sandwich board for those not there to hear him speak those laws aloud. Furthermore, he institutes a court system, headed by Jus, for the tribes to settle their disputes and differences amicably rather than coming to blows as they have in the past. Once Jus has made her ruling, there is to be no complaints. Sarkyran allows Jus to come up with punishments to fit the crimes brought before her, trusting her judgements to be wise and appropriate for the crime.

Spoiler: Sarkyran's Laws (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Sandwich Board (click to show/hide)

Action 3: Further devoting himself to teaching his followers woodwork Sarkyran gives them two new tools to work with wood: The Adze and the Saw, teaching his followers how to make them out of copper. Again, he repeats himself about proper forestry, and for the woodcutters to plant two trees for every one they fell.

Action 4 (Blood Action): Finally, using his remaining power, Sarkyran creates a composite bow for use by the leader of the hunting bands into the fenlands, build to easily banish the ethereal serpents and heretics within the swamps with equal ease. Awarding it to the first capable of wielding it effectively, the bow is considered Sarkyran's property on loan, and that should the current user be unable to use it in the quest to pacify the swamps, they are to give it to another to keep the weapon where it can be used. (2DP, 1 Essence). In this, Sarkyran reminds his followers that, whilst they shall not break his peace, those that do not see him as their god are not covered by such proclamations, and may be raided and fought with at will with his approval.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 10:24:11 pm by Taricus »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 02, 2019, 04:52:17 pm »

Zapharia. It is good to see you again. There are a number of things to discuss - though first among them, I think it would be wise to ask, how has your search for a successor been, should you have started it?

(Please note: when I made Zapharia my champion, one of the commands I gave her was to search for a suitable successor when her life was nearing its end.)

(Definitely noted)

She points to Asteriskasteriskasterisk.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 02, 2019, 05:32:34 pm »

She points to Asteriskasteriskasterisk.
*Internally sighs, 'not my intent, but ok, I'll trust you on this.'*
Very well.

Aside from that, there are a few things. First of all - tin.
Metalhand creates a small piece of tin in his hand. I have invented it. Well, invented it again. Let me tell you a story.

A long time ago - before humans, before the oasis, before anyone might be able to remember - I was there. I was not the first, and to be honest, I wasn't exactly "me" then. I was more... the essence of myself. Merely an entity that wished to create new things. But back then, there was only wood and stone. And while there are many things that can be built from wood and stone, inevitably, they felt... lackluster. For all that they were wonderful, they were crude. I felt there was more that could be done, if only I had the right materials. So I began to create them.
Copper and gold were some of my first creations - both beautiful, but only copper worth working into tools. Gold would never lose its shine, but it was too soft; a wonderful thing to work, but terrible to work with. Copper could be wielded well. But it was still too soft for some of the work I wished to do, and I couldn't change it - it was already seeded through the world. So I began to work on something else - something that I could use to make copper stronger.
I experimented for a long time, mixing copper with each new mineral, when I finally created one that worked - tin. It was similar enough to copper to be worked into it fairly easily, but when that process was complete, the mixture was much greater than either part. And so I created more tin, to be distributed around the world, just as I did with copper.
Unfortunately, while I made new tools with the alloy, I didn't actually keep any pure tin around. Which turned out to be a mistake, because as I changed over the eras, my memories of how I did things before... slipped. I think this may be the sixth time I've invented tin by now, actually. But regardless, I have made it, and I hope that you may make use of it as I did.
And please, take this!
Metalhand gives Zapharia - or one of her family members, or ***, if they're the ones to take it - the chunk of tin. Show this to your miners, so that they will know what to look for! They may even have already found some, and not recognized its value.

Second. The Lawful People, and somewhat specifically their god. Goddess. Whatever it is they are. What I have heard of them is agreeable to me, and implies that they would approve of me in turn. I know that you hold trade with them; I believe it could only be good to tell them of myself and Du-ur, and to listen to them of their own worship.

Third - and somewhat related. I am aware of the lightroot - that which seems to nourish without the need to consume. While I am glad that it allows our craftsmen to do greater works, I will need to ask that the work of agriculture not be neglected. After all, what should happen if raiders, knowing its effect, choose to burn it all? Food stores can, with some difficulty, be replenished if destroyed; if the lightroot is destroyed, how soon can it grow back? If nothing else, it is prudent to keep a stockpile of other foods.

And. Ah. Finally.
Metalhand's face holds a grave expression. Something in the world, it calls for blood and death. I think - I hope - that I can turn the ill tidings toward a degree of good. But I will need something. Who is the worst criminal you know of, who has killed the most people of the Door-Hammer Tribe? I will need them brought to me.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 06:56:54 pm by Glass »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 03, 2019, 08:19:19 pm »

Zapharia and her entourage listened to the god's words and after some shared looks and mutterings, Zapharia says "the whales."
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17