Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 481471 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Such sights to see
« Reply #4830 on: April 18, 2022, 12:31:56 pm »

"For that rocket launcher, remember I can convert ammo for you. If you need more rockets and have some spare ammo, as long as the value in omni is equal or greater I can take care of it."
"Thanks, I'll keep that in mind, not sure if I'll be able to make use of this service anytime soon as I think one rocket is worth more than all my ammo.
"How much is it for a rocket anyway?"
"I'm not sure the only one I bought was purchased in Detroit and it cost 6,000 Megabucks, so I'm not sure how much it'd cost in Omni to get another, probably should have looked into that before we left."

"Well, if you manage to figure it out, I have some spare ammo for a weapon I no longer use, so I could convert some of it to make up the shortfall and you can just pay me back later."
((You can always ask pw how much 1 rocket is worth.))

"So, if this place is dependent on perception, I bet we could get things done easier if we all focused together and decided on the same thing. Could be useful in combat. How about we come up with codes which someone can shout so that we all know what to selectively perceive in a hurry? Slow, Fast, Big, Little?"
"Ooh, that's a good idea actually, having something ready could save us a lot of trouble. Though maybe we want to test it out on something innocuous first in a 'safe' environment, see if it works and how well. Maybe try to shrink something. Do you think you're up to organizing that? We have some people loitering around so they could help out.

In fact, while you're at it, you could also confirm whether our sensory deprivation measures interfere with this perception-based reality warping. Knowing whether or not we can keep our countermeasures active when we want to use it would be super helpful."
« Last Edit: April 18, 2022, 12:44:32 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4831 on: April 18, 2022, 03:35:52 pm »

"Right now I'm trying to make myself hot enough to burn my way out of this flesh."

"I don't know if we can kill Mr Friendly, but I don't see any particular reason I couldn't be hot enough to destroy him without ever seeing or feeling him.  Maybe once I'm out and we figure out how this works, I could go volunteer to do that."

"..and if it's your senses that make me that way, you should be able to undo it.  I don't have your willpower and wouldn't be able to resist your combined wills."

"..and maybe some of these friendly pain elementals could help out with that, too."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4832 on: April 18, 2022, 05:40:55 pm »

Bob doesn't really metaphor. How is he perceiving the situation?

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4833 on: April 18, 2022, 07:57:28 pm »

follow the group and shoot hostiles.  while i wait, maybe i find some sweet, sweet, loot?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #4834 on: April 19, 2022, 07:51:02 am »

Idly think about saltine crackers

Spoiler:  Jack Blackwater (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4835 on: April 22, 2022, 06:11:58 pm »

Bob doesn't really metaphor. How is he perceiving the situation?
Though Bob is beyond such mammalian restrictions, his teammates are not. Perception shapes reality, even if that perception is not his own.

Try to guess if any changes will carry on outside of the Pain Dimension.

Continue with The Hottening.  But add an element to it.. shrink myself down some.  Do this by feeling some space open up around me as I no longer fill the me-shaped hole.

Don't shrink my hair, though, I might want wings or something if I have to move.  Or use it as raw material for a knife or something.

Spoiler: Summer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sensory (click to show/hide)
[1] You're not certain they're happening now.
[1] You grow larger and colder. Its very cramped in here now, and it was already pretty damn cramped to start with. Good thing you apparently don't need to breathe.

Hmm, Do I think this thing will still be wieldable once I leave the pain dimension? Also, could I “shrink” the hammer without altering its damage output?
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
[4] A bit hard to say...but you're not human so maybe. It might not be this easy though.
[2] No clue.

"So you got that thing hooked into something up there, I don't want to be stuck inside a giant's mouth longer than we need to be."
use my flash light to look around, and see if there isn't any thing written on the walls or teeth that could help, also stay away from the throat.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Things I've done. (click to show/hide)
You find no writing on the walls or floors. You wonder if PE's even have a written language.

Take out my Military Grade Electronic Binoculars that I bought from the bizarre and try to stare into the cave. Hopefully these things have a night vision mode or else what's the point of them being electronic?

EDIT: Grab onto the harpoon Yagyu lowered.

((I'll get back to the group once Yagyu shares his findings.))

Spoiler: Baldwin Reborn (click to show/hide)
The throat, through the binos and their night vision, drops for quite a while. Though the binos let you see much further, the trachea still extends beyond your sight. If you were to jump in...you'd be falling for a long time.

Idly think about saltine crackers

[3]
A white plastic sleeve of saltine crackers appears in your hand.

follow the group and shoot hostiles.  while i wait, maybe i find some sweet, sweet, loot?

[3]
You find a bit of sharp tooth that could probably be used to shank someone....if you were so inclined.

Recontextualize the mouth we're standing in as being a normal sized human mouth, which would make more sense anyways.
You know what, I probably shouldn't be trying to put my tiny will to that sort of thing, at least not on my own. I'll uh, use the rope for now.

Spoiler: sensory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: notes (click to show/hide)
Yagyu took a moment to look over the footage again, taking in the grotesque imagery and reflecting on how they would have to steel themselves mentally to deal with this and complete their task. Then, he resolved himself to brief his teammates in a succinct and professional manner.

"Bad news, everyone. This place is bullshit."

Wedge the harpoon somewhere between the teeth and let the rope down so people can climb up. Try not to hit any gum though so the big mouth won't respond or clench their teeth.

If this mouth/head starts deforming due to perception shenanigans or otherwise, jet away to avoid getting smashed.

If not, reflect on whether it would be possible to capture the blue flame by thinking it's not a big thing far away but instead a small thing close by and encasing it into a box.

Oh, and stream the images I captured to my teammates.

"I'm letting down the harpoon, ya'll can climb up with that. Or just use some sort of perception trickery to get up here I guess.

Now, our target seems to be above us so we'll have to figure out how to either get there, or get him here. Either way make sure your sensory countermeasures are active when you get up here and look at it."

"For that rocket launcher, remember I can convert ammo for you. If you need more rockets and have some spare ammo, as long as the value in omni is equal or greater I can take care of it."
"Thanks, I'll keep that in mind, not sure if I'll be able to make use of this service anytime soon as I think one rocket is worth more than all my ammo."
"How much is it for a rocket anyway?"

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Yagyu  wedges the harpoon in place so others can climb up and then sits and thinks.
[3] Knowing what you know about perception and occult bullshit its probably possible. But, knowing what you know, you'd guess it will take more than one person. Those gates took lots of people to make, for example.

I'll assume that anyone who wants to climb up to Yagyu's position gets up there. After all, he could just have them tie the rope to their waists and lift them so its reasonable for them to get up there.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4836 on: April 22, 2022, 07:02:55 pm »

Stop trying to mess with heat for now.

Try to break free by using my presumably increased strength to push at the flesh surrounding me.

If that doesn't work..

More size fuckery.  Repeated size fuckery.. try to get bigger, then smaller, then bigger, etc.  Alternate.  Start with larger, since that actually did something.  If I grow bigger, try to use strength to open up some open space in the fleshwall.  If I grow smaller, I should now have open space.  Either way, I should break free eventually, it's only a matter of time.  Keep trying until I break free or size fuckery stops working.

Spoiler: Summer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sensory (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 02:23:09 am by Devastator »

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #4837 on: April 22, 2022, 07:18:24 pm »

"Huh neat."
Get up to Yagyus position once up eat some of the metaphysical saltine crackers

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4838 on: April 23, 2022, 03:56:14 am »

"So how do we get down from here?"
Head up the rope to Yagyu the wait for everyone else to climb up the retrieve the harpoon gun.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Things I've done. (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: DERP: Hurt him so hard
« Reply #4839 on: April 25, 2022, 03:18:14 am »

Be up top with Yagyu.  Use the psychometric reconstructor to measure this place's history of death.  Do things count as dying here?  Or is it really some changing forms mumbo jumbo?  Use Subspace Library too, if that would be more appropriate.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mission Achievements (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #4840 on: April 25, 2022, 04:30:49 am »

Perceive Swamp. Float in wait. Await incentive to remember Frienderp's existence.

Spoiler: Bob (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bob's Business (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4841 on: April 25, 2022, 05:36:44 pm »

Use the enviro scanner on the blue flame. Probably will just be gibberish but might as well try.

Using the drone and scanner (and plain looking around), see if I can spot any more signs of Friendly's influence. So far we've only seen the gimp giant and that blue flame overhead. Try to determine if that blue star is the source of the infection or just a symptom. 

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4842 on: April 25, 2022, 05:47:54 pm »

Where's the Doom? The slavering hordes? The brutality and character loss? All I see here is heavily armored vets standing around and using their expensive info-gathering toys! Show me something more PW! Show me your huge guts so that I can blow them to pieces!

Otherwise stand around behind armored asses and wait for our fearless leaders to come to a decision.

Spoiler: sensory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: notes (click to show/hide)

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4843 on: April 26, 2022, 10:01:02 am »

i pray a silent prayer to the eldritch gods, following the team.
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4844 on: April 28, 2022, 03:30:16 pm »

stick with Yagyu. Use one of my camera drones to circle around our current position and keep an eye out for trouble.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 334