Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 481636 times)

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Such sights to see
« Reply #4755 on: April 02, 2022, 04:48:02 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

this good? if so:

follow the group.  where are we at and where are we going?
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4756 on: April 02, 2022, 05:20:27 pm »

Ask your team. And report to the nearest infirmary before you leave. They will have teeth for you.

You get 1454 Omni from the sale.

((Holy Fuck! That's a lot of money! After talking in discord, I've decided what I wanted to spend it on.))

Pay off all loanshark debt (already deducted from inventory).

Go to infirmary. Get the teeth as well as a DNA sample of Summer from infirmary. Request they make an OMNITECH Full Body Bio-prosthetic Clone for me and pay 1000 OMNI for it. Make sure the body has the same fleshwarping powers as the original. Wilfred kept his ghost powers between deaths after all and he's a robot.

Go back to Yagyu. Give my own DNA sample and Summer's. Consent to shock collars, refuse implant due to cyber-phobia (cog copier was the one exception). Accept any text-to-speech earbuds donated to me. Grab a blindfold to put on just in case. And nose plugs.

Attempt to tuck in my blood wings so they aren't a vector for potential mind-control.

"I think it might be wise to buy a few OMNITECH mental purgents."

Spoiler: Baldwin Reborn (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 06:40:59 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4757 on: April 04, 2022, 10:07:08 am »

You misunderstand the basic hierarchy. Auditors are not management, we are simple accountants. We ensure all accounts are settled and that all actions are above board. Upper management is whom you have a grievance with. Shall I inform them?

1) Sure, kick it up the ladder. If they wanna fire or punish me for speaking the truth, it just proves the point.

((And yes, I know it's probably a bad idea, but seems to fit best with Yagyu.))

2) He forgot to answer my second question: "What does 'NEIMBUCTOIE' mean to you?"

A body without limbs poses little threat.
Any non-lethal method of damage should result in them remaining damaged until death. And they are able to withstand a great deal more harm than an ordinary person without expiring. Sub-lethal injury and restraint based techniques are your best bet.

"Hmm, I'm not so sure about that. Last time they didn't seem to need any limbs to work their pain magics, or even eyes and ears to sense their target. But it still seems like our best bet I suppose."

"Ed, could you help me with something? I'd like to upgrade my goop thrower again so it works like the old one. Seems like it will be a good tool to have in there."
3) Give my goop thrower to Ed so he can redo the mod my old one had (overdrive mode).

"Allright lads, one thing before I forget: since Summer indicated that space in there is warped and hard to navigate, we might get separated. If you wish, you can give me a DNA sample which should allow my suit systems to track you. For the brobots among you, you can go scrape some mold off a bathroom stall or whatever and give piece to me, that way I can track your location by proxy. This is voluntary and can be rescinded after the mission, in which case I'll give you your sample back. I can't 100% guarantee the system will work in there, but it's worth a shot. "
4) If anyone gives me a sample, test it to make sure it works, then store it safely.

Yes.

5) Good. In that case, install the temporary shockers/robobody lockouts into people who volunteer (Yagyu does) and give the controls to Ed. He will be our mission control. Can we get something like a strong radiopack (other other coms device, maybe a QEC pack) to ensure we can actually stay i touch with Ed, btw? If not as mission equipment Yagyu would be willing to buy one. 

"So, change in the plan: Ed will stay behind and be our mission control. If one of us gets controlled by friendo, we'll yell at him and he will attempt to shut that person down momentarily so the others won't be forced to kill said person to protect themselves."

6) Explain to all the newbies how Mr. Friend's powers work and the methods we used last time to counteract them. Ask the auditor if we pretty please could get some of those sensory isolation suits from last time for our fleshy team members. Or at the very least some earbuds loaded up with the text-to-speech protocols Pathos invented. The robots can do it manually. 

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

1) Understood.

2)He doesn't answer you again, but this time more pointedly. This time he's clearly ignoring your question.

3)Given.

4)We'll assume anyone who gave you one is now being tracked.

5)Each person is given either a shock collar, shock implant, or lockout switch. These are all then quantum linked to suit coms. They are currently set so that you need at least 3 affirmative votes to activate the shock/lockout.  The Quantum link will function regardless of distance or situation, however it has limited uses. Each individual may only vote a total of 10 times before their link expires.

6) Suits and earbuds provided.

Not using a shock collar.  Not giving a DNA sample.

Don't need a sensory suit, either.  It'll probably just make things harder.  More difficult to move, etcetera.

Make a deadman's switch for the VR.  Some simple thing, just a spring-loaded handpiece or something that'll pop open if I forget what I'm doing.  Use one toolkit charge.  If necessary try again with the other toolkit charge.

"Should we have radios at all?  If Mr. Friendly gets a radio, can't he just mind control everyone on the same channel?"

"Nah, I don't need a suit.  You can resist it this time around, right?  And break free?"

"There's a better way then.  I'm going to do my job through these little robots and VR.  Since the mind controlling guy doesn't know what's going on, all I need is a deadman's switch to cut off the VR.  Get taken over, drop out of VR, can't get orders.  Then I'll break free in a minute or so."

Just set me up with something uncomfortable to keep closed, like a spring-loaded switch.  I'll do it myself if necessary."

If I'm given unwanted equipment (radio pack, earbuds, shock collar, suit), stash them so I can try to sell or disassemble them after the mission.

Spoiler: Summer (click to show/hide)
You get your deadman switch.

Hey shitty skelly, this rp is directed at you your crap auditor waifu.

"Hey, since you brought us straight here, guess my contract with RnD isn't over yet. It's all above board if they get the footage after, right? Bet they'd like that."
The auditor pauses for a moment before it responds.

Pursuant to subsection E, paragraph 93 of the employee agreement, you are authorized to continue parallels work arrangements so long as they do not infringe on primary duties.

Give DNA.  Ensure Roll-Polly is safely at home.  Obtain collar.  I'd expect it to not be trivially removable?  They've gotta have welded-on slave collars or something.

...Don't get one if its anti-tamper mechanism is lsthally detonating.

"Awww, man.  I suck at sub-lethal.  Any chance I can run off and buy one of those goopers real quick?"
Rolly-Polly is doing fine. The monkey's have actually been feeding him while you're away. Even got him a little bowl and collar with a bell on it.

You get a collar. It locks quite well and the anti-temper measures seem to be to just activate the shock. So non-lethal.

"Do you guys think I should leave my robots at base so we have less things to get posses or should I just bring em so we have more people to fight? Also sure I'll give some DNA type stuff I'm sure this fox robot is filled with awful garbage from Detroit."
Give DNA and get robotlockout thing.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Things I've done. (click to show/hide)
Done.

"Ed, could you help me with something? I'd like to upgrade my goop thrower again so it works like the old one. Seems like it will be a good tool to have in there."
3) Give my goop thrower to Ed so he can redo the mod my old one had (overdrive mode).
"Sure, I'll take a looksie at it"

Modify Yagyu's goop thrower to have the Overdrive Mode. Use 1 toolbox charge to get advantage
Also loan out my 3 camera bots to Yagyu for this mission

edit: also see about getting some kind of sample of something with DNA, for Yagyu to track me with. Maybe go ask the lads who do our medical stuff? They surely still have a piece of my old body, or some kind of usless dna sample that they don't mind losing for a mission.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)

Modified,
Loaned,
DNA found and given.

((Thanks, I’ll read the most recent turn and do an action))
Spoiler: Tara (click to show/hide)
Oh god, we have to enter the pain dimension to kill Derp? Here’s hoping no one messes with thoughtforms making this harder again, and also hope he’s not trying to build another one of those soul gates…Alright, how do we get there?
Claim payment for reality mission then Attempt to enter the Pain Dimension after donning the sensory deprivation equipment, I think I still have it
1500 Omni
Gear donned.

Hold up on that pain dimension, we're still in briefing.

this good? if so:

follow the group.  where are we at and where are we going?
Did a quick look, nothing stands out as wrong.

You are currently in a dark room with lots of mangled bodies being told you're about to be dumped into the pain dimension.

You chose a fun time to show up.

Ask your team. And report to the nearest infirmary before you leave. They will have teeth for you.

You get 1454 Omni from the sale.

((Holy Fuck! That's a lot of money! After talking in discord, I've decided what I wanted to spend it on.))

Pay off all loanshark debt (already deducted from inventory).

Go to infirmary. Get the teeth as well as a DNA sample of Summer from infirmary. Request they make an OMNITECH Full Body Bio-prosthetic Clone for me and pay 1000 OMNI for it. Make sure the body has the same fleshwarping powers as the original. Wilfred kept his ghost powers between deaths after all and he's a robot.

Go back to Yagyu. Give my own DNA sample and Summer's. Consent to shock collars, refuse implant due to cyber-phobia (cog copier was the one exception). Accept any text-to-speech earbuds donated to me. Grab a blindfold to put on just in case. And nose plugs.

Attempt to tuck in my blood wings so they aren't a vector for potential mind-control.

"I think it might be wise to buy a few OMNITECH mental purgents."

Done.

Done. You get a full set of 32 adult teeth.  And yes, powers will carry over.

Given, collared, earbuds, blindfold, noseplugs.

Wings SCHLORP back into your body.

Mission starts next turn so any last actions, get them done.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #4758 on: April 04, 2022, 01:05:50 pm »

Default Bob action: Bite anyone who messes with Tara. Especially Summer~
Action for this turn: March all my headless chickens and zombie hands up onto Bob's back for transport. Eat 10 Nutrient paste

Spoiler: Bob (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bob's Business (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4759 on: April 04, 2022, 01:49:43 pm »

Spoiler: Tara (click to show/hide)
Oh god, we have to enter the pain dimension to kill Derp? Here’s hoping no one messes with thoughtforms making this harder again, and also hope he’s not trying to build another one of those soul gates…Alright, how do we get there?
Go to the Experimental Lab and ask the scientists how much I’d need to pay to get a modification to speed up healing/regeneration
Is breifing considered in between missions or is it too late to do this?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4760 on: April 04, 2022, 02:54:42 pm »

5)Each person is given either a shock collar, shock implant, or lockout switch. These are all then quantum linked to suit coms. They are currently set so that you need at least 3 affirmative votes to activate the shock/lockout.  The Quantum link will function regardless of distance or situation, however it has limited uses. Each individual may only vote a total of 10 times before their link expires.
((We had kinda changed the idea here, but whatever, this should work. Thanks!))

6) Suits and earbuds provided.

"Alright lads, we got some suits and modified earbuds. For the new guys, let me show you how to use them:"
((So the way we had to do it in the past was adding the following to our character sheet:))

((And fill in if any of these senses are blocked or altered or not. For example, for Yagyu this becomes: ))

Any chance the fleshy members of our team could get a mental purgant to help protect them from Friendly?

If possible, grab some boxes or containers and a decent poking stick.

Anyways, ready to go! 

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2022, 06:20:30 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4761 on: April 04, 2022, 03:21:22 pm »

(Is there a fuller description of the suits?)

Ready for mission.  Do note Summer is not using a sensory suit, or a shock implant, or the radio earbuds.  I'll stow them elsewhere.

File a request to be allowed to retain my set of unused mission gear.

Go give one of the squirrel-bots the thermite charge and trip sensor.

Spoiler: Summer (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2022, 09:48:14 pm by Devastator »

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #4762 on: April 04, 2022, 04:06:03 pm »

"Im already decently aware of how Mr "Friend" works but thanks for the equipment regardless. Although do feel free to catch me up on specifics they didn't exactly record that particular mission for obvious reasons."

Ready
Spoiler:  Jack Blackwater (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2022, 04:18:58 pm by Fluffe9911 »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4763 on: April 04, 2022, 05:57:31 pm »

If you perceive him, you are under complete control, which is why we have to block our senses

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4764 on: April 04, 2022, 06:16:29 pm »

Blatantly use toolkit to modify provided QE shock collar into a remote trigger for explosives.
Or if it's possible, a thrown taser using Explosives skill? And save the QE comm for other uses.

Spoiler: notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2022, 03:12:55 am by Egan_BW »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4765 on: April 04, 2022, 09:55:47 pm »

"You know, with my pain receptors turned off, I'm not fully sure if the shock collar will actually work on me."

Attempt to wear an isolation suit over my Omnitech JUMPsuit. If that fails, just put on blindfold, earbuds, and noseplugs.

Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4766 on: April 04, 2022, 10:16:04 pm »

"Can't you turn them back on?"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4767 on: April 04, 2022, 10:20:15 pm »

((Would interject about how it would presumably still cause your muscles to seize up if you're otherwise a biological human (and probably similar for robots unless they're very well shielded or something) but I realize that my character has d4 kno and d4 med so I guess that checks out!))

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4768 on: April 04, 2022, 10:29:28 pm »

"Can't you turn them back on?"

"Only Mr. Friend himself can pose a mind control threat here in the pain dimension. I presume we'll have to fight our way through a bunch of pain elementals before we get to him though, so leaving them off will be the useful choice most of the time.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4769 on: April 04, 2022, 10:35:15 pm »

"Perhaps just the electricity ones, then.  But I'unno, it's your weird powers."
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 334