Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 481699 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Such sights to see
« Reply #4695 on: March 22, 2022, 02:30:23 pm »

No, actually. Remember they were off talking to management which is why they left Bill to oversee things. They got a stern talking to about choosing subordinates better but that's it.
I didn't remember that, but it's good to hear. They seem like more sensible types than whoever let Wil "Fuck Derp "Fred in to live up to his middle name.

Update on Jon I. Tor?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4696 on: March 22, 2022, 07:28:25 pm »

"I do have a question that's not immediately related to whatever horrorshow you're about to shove us of into, if I may? Two in fact."

Say above.

Could I possibly sell off the two pinpoint carbines that are built into the auditor palms? Note that if it costs something to have them taken out, that'd be fine.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4697 on: March 23, 2022, 02:27:53 am »

"Guess I'm as ready for what's about to happen as I can get."
Ready to rumble!
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Things I've done. (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: DERP: Hurt him so hard
« Reply #4698 on: March 23, 2022, 08:02:50 am »

Drink monkey pump with Kora, and wait for things to happen.  Be happy.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4699 on: March 23, 2022, 05:48:08 pm »

Baldwin takes the doll and heads inside his own room. After everything that's happened, he needs some alone time. Baldwin puts on headphones, lights some incense, and begins to meditate in hopes of finding some sort of inner peace.

Once that is finished, he takes out Fragile Darkness and begins to examine it in more detail.

Accept the doll and stash it in my room, I don't have time to investigate it for occult shenanigans. Check on how well my golden mushroom is growing.
Afterwards, non-invasively examine fragile darkness. Try to figure out if it'll need reloading, and if so, figure out how. Then look at the doll I guess.

Spoiler: Baldwin Reborn (click to show/hide)
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4700 on: March 23, 2022, 06:10:21 pm »

"You are a better god than I could have ever hoped to find."

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4701 on: March 23, 2022, 07:36:54 pm »

Ready for whatever
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #4702 on: March 25, 2022, 04:45:38 pm »

"Uhhum well Mr Auditor sir its clear from the fact you have gathered us all here that you see all of us responsible in some way shape or form for the events that have occurred earlier... but as you yourself have pointed out by your...demonstration our guilt in this matter is not equal it would be greatly... unjust to dish out the same punishment to the perpetrator who sent those... things  through the portal as the man who watched the doors. Even civilizations of old known for their brutality gave lighter sentences to petty thieves compared to murderers even if they were in some way in cahoots. So while I will accept because I am not keen toward the alternative proposal what I'm ultimately asking is will the punishment fit the crime?"

Spoiler:  Jack Blackwater (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2022, 04:51:38 pm by Fluffe9911 »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4703 on: March 26, 2022, 03:19:56 pm »

Give the wooden doll to Baldwin.

"Pretty sure this is some occult bollocks, you should have it."

Spoiler: notes (click to show/hide)
Given!

No, actually. Remember they were off talking to management which is why they left Bill to oversee things. They got a stern talking to about choosing subordinates better but that's it.
I didn't remember that, but it's good to hear. They seem like more sensible types than whoever let Wil "Fuck Derp "Fred in to live up to his middle name.

Update on Jon I. Tor?
You might see him again soon.

"I do have a question that's not immediately related to whatever horrorshow you're about to shove us of into, if I may? Two in fact."

Say above.

Could I possibly sell off the two pinpoint carbines that are built into the auditor palms? Note that if it costs something to have them taken out, that'd be fine.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Ask.

You can, but they've very stripped down versions of the gun, basically just a barrel and mechanism. You'd get like 50% the price of a new one.

"Guess I'm as ready for what's about to happen as I can get."
Ready to rumble!
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Things I've done. (click to show/hide)
Alright.

For now.

Baldwin takes the doll and heads inside his own room. After everything that's happened, he needs some alone time. Baldwin puts on headphones, lights some incense, and begins to meditate in hopes of finding some sort of inner peace.

Once that is finished, he takes out Fragile Darkness and begins to examine it in more detail.

Accept the doll and stash it in my room, I don't have time to investigate it for occult shenanigans. Check on how well my golden mushroom is growing.
Afterwards, non-invasively examine fragile darkness. Try to figure out if it'll need reloading, and if so, figure out how. Then look at the doll I guess.

Spoiler: Baldwin Reborn (click to show/hide)
The mushroom is growing well enough that it has started to push up against its container. Looks like it will need a new pot, so to speak, soon.

After a bit of examination, it appears to run on...human teeth. There's an empty socket here where there was definitely a tooth before. If you stick a new tooth in there...it might reload?

[9] You get the distinct feeling that removing a nail from the doll will do...something.

Ready for whatever
A bold claim.

"Uhhum well Mr Auditor sir its clear from the fact you have gathered us all here that you see all of us responsible in some way shape or form for the events that have occurred earlier... but as you yourself have pointed out by your...demonstration our guilt in this matter is not equal it would be greatly... unjust to dish out the same punishment to the perpetrator who sent those... things  through the portal as the man who watched the doors. Even civilizations of old known for their brutality gave lighter sentences to petty thieves compared to murderers even if they were in some way in cahoots. So while I will accept because I am not keen toward the alternative proposal what I'm ultimately asking is will the punishment fit the crime?"

Spoiler:  Jack Blackwater (click to show/hide)
Yes.

He doesn't elaborate.

It seems we have an accord. He pauses for a long moment and then continues. 22 minutes ago we began receiving messages from components of the Torture Core on the moon. These messages indicated that the individual you know as "Mr. Friend" had entered the Pain Dimension and had begun subverting it. Pain Elementals and the dimension they inhabit are interconnected and thus Mr. Friend's influence is spreading through their world from mind to mind and into the very fabric of that dimension. This process is still relatively slow, but they fear it will accelerate exponentially as his influence grows.  They have asked us to fix this situation and we have agreed, with the acceptance that if we are successful they will halt their slow aggressions towards our plane of existence.

Whether due to his will being diluted among both minds and the area he inhabits or because of the different nature of perception within the Pain Dimension it appears that Mr. Friend's abilities are weakened when it comes to his interactions with humans. While the pain elementals are infected without ever seeing him, humans appear to require his direct attention and effort to control. And, unlike before, his control can be fought. We have this on good authority.

As such, you will be inserted into the Pain Dimension, infiltrate the growing cancer that is Mr. Friend, and kill him. While we previously attempted to preserve him for scientific reasons, it has become clear he is too great a threat to be left alive.

Questions?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4704 on: March 26, 2022, 04:06:32 pm »

"Praise Wil!"

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #4705 on: March 26, 2022, 06:51:59 pm »

"Nope that will be all sir."
Ready to rock and roll I guess

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4706 on: March 26, 2022, 07:52:35 pm »

"How do we stop it, exactly?  We couldn't hurt pain elementals with weapons earlier."
« Last Edit: March 27, 2022, 02:51:48 am by Devastator »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4707 on: March 26, 2022, 08:02:56 pm »

Prepare for departure.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4708 on: March 26, 2022, 08:06:50 pm »

I don't give a bleep, let's get drunk and invade a different reality. Bastards had it coming anyways.

Spoiler: notes (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4709 on: March 26, 2022, 11:24:10 pm »

"Wait, our mission is to kill Derp?!"

Wilfred stands there, dumbfounded, for several long seconds.  The monkey pump drops from his grip, some spilling onto the floor.

"FUCK YES!"

Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 334