Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 481736 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: MOOK: Such sights to see
« Reply #4680 on: March 18, 2022, 02:20:04 pm »

Yagyu gathers everyone together in a side room, with the hope of getting a clearer picture of what the hell just happened. As Wilfred drunkenly stumbles in, dragging Kora behind, the door to the unassuming conference room suddenly closes and the lights go out. The lights come back on again a few seconds later, and the room is entirely different. Instead of the standard conference room there is now simply a single overhead light illuminating a table with several chairs. At this edge of this light, only just illuminated, is a tall desk, with a figure sitting behind it. From the dim gleam of the light you can see a shape not dissimilar to Yagyu's own.  An Auditor. Its hands are steepled on the desk in front of it and its staring at you with the kind of stillness you'd expect from a lizard about to pounce on something.

Violence. It says, its voice deep and mechanical, slowly enunciating each word. "Violence is a wager. To use violence is to wager what you may lose against what you may gain. Scars, broken bones, great pain, and decades of life wagered against freedoms, desires, and survival. A man may better his odds through training, luck, skill, and circumstance but Violence is always a gamble, and a very personal one.

Mistakes were made here today. Mistakes that cannot be easily fixed.  You are not entirely to blame for your actions. They were, after all, accepted by your supervisors.

The Auditor lifts one hand and points up. Behind and above him several spotlights click on, one by one. Each reveals a metal rod, upon which a body is suspended. Some are badly beaten but still breathing. Bill Pelican is among these, bound upside down with his arms behind his back. Others are dead to various degrees. The ones near the center seem to have simply been shot while the one furthest to the right is little more than chunks of meat wrapped to a pole with wire.

They wagered, and they lost.

The mechanical hands return to their place on the desk, fingers clicking precisely together like the teeth of a zipper.

There is no need to explain your actions and no point in mounting a defense. Every action has been carefully scrutinized. Guilt and innocence are already known. Instead, you area here because I am offering you a wager of your own. Will you buy your lives with blood?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4681 on: March 18, 2022, 02:53:26 pm »

250 to the shark, +1 frag +1 EMP +1 Existential Horror Gas.

"Yes, but I don't think that 'blood' adequately describes my method of violence. There will be steaming bones and guts to go with it."

Did the rnd people pay me? Can I get my lost and found?

Spoiler: notes (click to show/hide)

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #4682 on: March 18, 2022, 04:07:23 pm »

Will d4 to d6
Jack stands there in contemplation thinking about his next words very carefully "Mr Auditor... if I may be cleared to talk freely I would like to speak my mind if I may. Do I have permission?"
Might as well use my knowledge skill to good use there's gotta be known precedent for situations like this I can take advantage of right?

Spoiler:  Jack Blackwater (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4683 on: March 18, 2022, 09:06:07 pm »

"Probably better that way. Doubt anyone really escapes them anyways. So whats up? You want something before we're all probably shot?"
"Well I wanted to ask what you knew about that dimension and if there is a way to sever its connection to ours or something, cause whatever just happened really can't be good, and since we are the people responsible for putting him away again last time, I figure he'd have it out for us. Ah, but it seems command has finally gotten their heads out of their asses and realized it's a serious situation. Too little too late, of course."

((Gonna assume this was said before poor Bill ended up as he is.  :v ))

1) Question: if I shoot the goop thrower, and have the auditor autonomous targeting system shoot a second goop thrower, does the goop thrower stacking rule (where it becomes 2d4 instead of 2 times 1d4) kick in? Get two extra ammo tanks regardless (2x30).

2) Buy a Hardsuit jetpack (quoted as 1600/5 = 320 omni before) and pay to have it installed/attached to the auditor if needed (how much?)

3) Get insurance for the auditor-jetpack body (tops out at 100).

4) Buy toolkit (200).

5) How much for a box of (scrap) metal for use with the ferromagnetic accelerator that do d10 damage? 

6) Try to see what kind of auditor is talking to us.

There is no need to explain your actions and no point in mounting a defense. Every action has been carefully scrutinized. Guilt and innocence are already known. Instead, you area here because I am offering you a wager of your own. Will you buy your lives with blood?

"Most of us here didn't have much of a choice to be in this predicament. But I, for one, intend to fight through this, and I think most here would say the same."

Penal legion let's gooooo.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: March 18, 2022, 10:08:08 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4684 on: March 18, 2022, 09:08:25 pm »

Pay back 5 omni to the shark, then retrieve my items from the lost and found box if possible. Also, yes I’ll wager.
Edit- also buy 4 auto cannot magazines for 80 omni

Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lost and Found (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2022, 08:10:23 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4685 on: March 18, 2022, 11:01:48 pm »

((Baldwin's main contributions to the team have been scientific ones so far, but it seems like he'll have to do some fighting himself this time. Unfortunately, Baldwin is lacking in both weaponry and armour, having previously chosen to purchase powerful, but consumable versions of these instead [Explosives and the reactive shield generator]. It would make shopping a lot easier for me if I could use the occult gun for this mission which will allow me to pool all my money into armour and get a nice OMNITECH Jumpsuit with 2d6 life, plus rockets.

Otherwise, I'll have to settle for an occult tentacle and armoured spacesuit, none of which are that good at this phase in the game [although protection from the vaccum of space might be really important this time.]))

Though he now had a couple of missions under his belt, Baldwin was still a newcomer relative to some of his other teammates and as a result, he had no knowledge of who this derp fellow was and why his release was so catastrophic. Nothing could have prepared him for the videos on the monitor.

"OH GOD! WHY DID YOU DO THAT?! I know command can be stubborn jackasses, but they didn't deserve this!"

Baldwin turns towards Will.

"What am I gonna do? I was an architect! I got this job by mistake and only stuck around cause I thought I was good at it, but clearly I'm not if Dr. Psycho here is out for our blood!"

He says while gesturing towards the auditor. Then he turns his office chair away from everyone and towards a wall and starts muttering to himself.

"I'm not a fighter, I'm not a fighter, I'm not a fighter..." over and over again...

Since I'm not sure how much Piecewise is going to let me stall the game for the sake of RP, I'm going to assume someone slaps some sense into Baldwin eventually. When that happens, Baldwin accepts the wager by virtue of having no other choice and begs Will to let him use the occult gun for the suicide mission. In exchange, he promises to be Will's personal bodyguard for this mission and prioritize threats that go towards him first.

Level up Speed to d8
Level up Occult to d12

If Will loans the gun:

Sell OMNITECH Reactive fabric cape for 200 OMNI, Sell Omnitech OMNITECH Passive Personal Shield Generator for 200 OMNI, Sell Ceremonial dagger for 125 OMNI. Buy OMNITECH Jumpsuit for 1200 OMNI. Pay nothing to the loan shark and let the interest accumulate for this turn. Blindly take the "cursed" rifle Will is handing to him.

If Will doesn't loan the gun:

Sell OMNITECH Reactive fabric cape for 200 OMNI, Sell Ceremonial dagger for 125 OMNI, Sell EMP grenade for 50 OMNI, buy occult tentacle for 500 OMNI, buy armored spacesuit for 600 OMNI. Pay nothing to the loan shark and let the interest accumulate for this turn.
(this is objectively worse than the previous loadout)

Spoiler: Baldwin Reborn (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2022, 05:11:47 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Occult is banned
« Reply #4686 on: March 18, 2022, 11:49:50 pm »

Bob

Mechanics, Will to d12

Spoiler: Bob (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bob's Business (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tara (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2022, 04:19:32 am by Ozarck »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4687 on: March 19, 2022, 01:42:45 am »

Level Fate (to d6) and Mechanics (to d6).

Buy two squirrel-bots (100 OMNI), a laser trip sensor (25 OMNI), and a Thermite Charge. (75 OMNI)

Stim self.

Shoot Will with an entire magazine of pistol ammo, because it won't hurt Will and getting the entire team assigned to a penal mission is something someone should care about.

After that..

"I say yes, but I'm curious.. what would have happened if I'd said no?"

Spoiler: Summer (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2022, 10:06:51 am by Devastator »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4688 on: March 19, 2022, 02:38:12 am »

"I'd just like to say I had nothing to do with what happened, but I guess that doesn't matter so bring on the fighting."

Level up Guns to d10.
Buy a reactive fabric cape for 400 OMNI.

Give my robot friends each a handgun and three mags.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Things I've done. (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4689 on: March 19, 2022, 10:07:47 am »

Gripping his new microwave gun with two tentacles, Edward inches closer to Yagyu and points at him with a third tentacle

"I'll, uh, be following the big man here. You know, to hide behind."

Off to the penal legion we go then.

2 levelups into guns (still hadn't used the one from last mission), used 1500 OMNIbucks to purchase microwave gun and 10 for a magic 888-ball.

Can I get a description of the microwave gun? How it looks and what functions it has, and how it works in combat? The Arsenal only had stats but no description.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: DERP: Hurt him so hard
« Reply #4690 on: March 19, 2022, 02:18:45 pm »

Level Fate to d12, Gun to d12.  Buy a transient psychokinetic stim for 250, and two euphoria generators for 200 (I assume these are grenades; if they're reusable I guess I only need one.  Also if they're reusable Wilfred will use it immediately after purchase.)  Edit: A placed charge for 150, too.

Baldwin can have the occult gun.  Wil would definitely not give him the thing IC, but OOC I did kinda... well, scare people, I guess.  I swear I didn't think that would really work.  Or do anything.  Edit: Baldwin must ALSO take the Cold Comfort rifle, which has seen all its users die.  No reason.  It's definitely not actually cursed.

...Oh, and Wil only got paid 500, despite his promotion putting him to 650 base pay.  I don't really have anything to spend the money on, else I wouldn't tempt fate by pointing this out... but y'know.  Money.  :3

"Huh." Is all Wilfred has to say at first, when his supervisors appear, dead.  "Wish I got to be the one to do that.  I could still make it worse for them if you want, I could get their ghosts!  Anyways, yeah, I'm in for blood!  You don't even have to ask, I wanna break more shit!"

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4691 on: March 20, 2022, 11:08:10 am »

Were the cyborg gorilla and the anime orangutan among the punished present at our meeting?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4692 on: March 22, 2022, 11:40:23 am »

250 to the shark, +1 frag +1 EMP +1 Existential Horror Gas.

"Yes, but I don't think that 'blood' adequately describes my method of violence. There will be steaming bones and guts to go with it."

Did the rnd people pay me? Can I get my lost and found?

Extra 100 omni you got was from R&D.

Bought.

You get 3 frag grenades and a small wooden doll with 8 nails hammered into it at various points. 

Acceptable.

Will d4 to d6
Jack stands there in contemplation thinking about his next words very carefully "Mr Auditor... if I may be cleared to talk freely I would like to speak my mind if I may. Do I have permission?"
Might as well use my knowledge skill to good use there's gotta be known precedent for situations like this I can take advantage of right?

Spoiler:  Jack Blackwater (click to show/hide)

Yes.

"Probably better that way. Doubt anyone really escapes them anyways. So whats up? You want something before we're all probably shot?"
"Well I wanted to ask what you knew about that dimension and if there is a way to sever its connection to ours or something, cause whatever just happened really can't be good, and since we are the people responsible for putting him away again last time, I figure he'd have it out for us. Ah, but it seems command has finally gotten their heads out of their asses and realized it's a serious situation. Too little too late, of course."

((Gonna assume this was said before poor Bill ended up as he is.  :v ))

1) Question: if I shoot the goop thrower, and have the auditor autonomous targeting system shoot a second goop thrower, does the goop thrower stacking rule (where it becomes 2d4 instead of 2 times 1d4) kick in? Get two extra ammo tanks regardless (2x30).

2) Buy a Hardsuit jetpack (quoted as 1600/5 = 320 omni before) and pay to have it installed/attached to the auditor if needed (how much?)

3) Get insurance for the auditor-jetpack body (tops out at 100).

4) Buy toolkit (200).

5) How much for a box of (scrap) metal for use with the ferromagnetic accelerator that do d10 damage? 

6) Try to see what kind of auditor is talking to us.

"Most of us here didn't have much of a choice to be in this predicament. But I, for one, intend to fight through this, and I think most here would say the same."

Penal legion let's gooooo.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

((Assume away))

1. Yes, though you may want to remind me of that fact the first time you do it. You know how I am.
2. Lets go 350 total. So 30 install.
3. 100 it is then.
4. Done.
5. Damage is generally decided by size, density, and shape. So any sufficiently large chunk of iron will work. We'll give ya a box with d6 chunks in it for...50 Omni. Should give you a fair number of shots, luck permitting.
6. Its a bit hard to say; he was barely visible before and now, rear lit like he is, you can't see any details other than his silhouette.  However, you don't believe he's one of the options they had available to you. His head shape is...different from any of them. The shape of the head is larger, more flared out like some sort of tribal sun mask or something like that. Maybe he's some sort of unique "Command" type?

A worthy answer.

Pay back 5 omni to the shark, then retrieve my items from the lost and found box if possible. Also, yes I’ll wager.
Edit- also buy 4 auto cannot magazines for 80 omni

Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lost and Found (click to show/hide)
Bought and repaid.

You get:
A walkie talkie
A medkit
and a whistle in the shape of a skull. Appears to be Aztec.

((Baldwin's main contributions to the team have been scientific ones so far, but it seems like he'll have to do some fighting himself this time. Unfortunately, Baldwin is lacking in both weaponry and armour, having previously chosen to purchase powerful, but consumable versions of these instead [Explosives and the reactive shield generator]. It would make shopping a lot easier for me if I could use the occult gun for this mission which will allow me to pool all my money into armour and get a nice OMNITECH Jumpsuit with 2d6 life, plus rockets.

Otherwise, I'll have to settle for an occult tentacle and armoured spacesuit, none of which are that good at this phase in the game [although protection from the vaccum of space might be really important this time.]))

Though he now had a couple of missions under his belt, Baldwin was still a newcomer relative to some of his other teammates and as a result, he had no knowledge of who this derp fellow was and why his release was so catastrophic. Nothing could have prepared him for the videos on the monitor.

"OH GOD! WHY DID YOU DO THAT?! I know command can be stubborn jackasses, but they didn't deserve this!"

Baldwin turns towards Will.

"What am I gonna do? I was an architect! I got this job by mistake and only stuck around cause I thought I was good at it, but clearly I'm not if Dr. Psycho here is out for our blood!"

He says while gesturing towards the auditor. Then he turns his office chair away from everyone and towards a wall and starts muttering to himself.

"I'm not a fighter, I'm not a fighter, I'm not a fighter..." over and over again...

Since I'm not sure how much Piecewise is going to let me stall the game for the sake of RP, I'm going to assume someone slaps some sense into Baldwin eventually. When that happens, Baldwin accepts the wager by virtue of having no other choice and begs Will to let him use the occult gun for the suicide mission. In exchange, he promises to be Will's personal bodyguard for this mission and prioritize threats that go towards him first.

Level up Speed to d8
Level up Occult to d12

If Will loans the gun:

Sell OMNITECH Reactive fabric cape for 200 OMNI, Sell Omnitech OMNITECH Passive Personal Shield Generator for 200 OMNI, Sell Ceremonial dagger for 125 OMNI. Buy OMNITECH Jumpsuit for 1200 OMNI. Pay nothing to the loan shark and let the interest accumulate for this turn. Blindly take the "cursed" rifle Will is handing to him.

If Will doesn't loan the gun:

Sell OMNITECH Reactive fabric cape for 200 OMNI, Sell Ceremonial dagger for 125 OMNI, Sell EMP grenade for 50 OMNI, buy occult tentacle for 500 OMNI, buy armored spacesuit for 600 OMNI. Pay nothing to the loan shark and let the interest accumulate for this turn.
(this is objectively worse than the previous loadout)

Spoiler: Baldwin Reborn (click to show/hide)
Leveled.
I assume the top option because the bottom one is crossed out?

The Auditor watches your small mental breakdown dispassionately and doesn't say a word.

Bob

Mechanics, Will to d12

Spoiler: Bob (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bob's Business (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tara (click to show/hide)
OK.

Level Fate (to d6) and Mechanics (to d6).

Buy two squirrel-bots (100 OMNI), a laser trip sensor (25 OMNI), and a Thermite Charge. (75 OMNI)

Stim self.

Shoot Will with an entire magazine of pistol ammo, because it won't hurt Will and getting the entire team assigned to a penal mission is something someone should care about.

After that..

"I say yes, but I'm curious.. what would have happened if I'd said no?"

Spoiler: Summer (click to show/hide)
Ok.
Alright.
Cool.
You empty an entire magazine into Wilfred's metal...face area. No one attempts to stop you.

The choice of where to die is the greatest freedom of mankind. If you wish it to be here, then I will honor that desire.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4693 on: March 22, 2022, 11:40:55 am »

"I'd just like to say I had nothing to do with what happened, but I guess that doesn't matter so bring on the fighting."

Level up Guns to d10.
Buy a reactive fabric cape for 400 OMNI.

Give my robot friends each a handgun and three mags.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Things I've done. (click to show/hide)
Leveled, Bought, Gunned.

Precisely. Next time, prevent it.

Gripping his new microwave gun with two tentacles, Edward inches closer to Yagyu and points at him with a third tentacle

"I'll, uh, be following the big man here. You know, to hide behind."

Off to the penal legion we go then.

2 levelups into guns (still hadn't used the one from last mission), used 1500 OMNIbucks to purchase microwave gun and 10 for a magic 888-ball.

Can I get a description of the microwave gun? How it looks and what functions it has, and how it works in combat? The Arsenal only had stats but no description.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
Leveled, etc.

The Microwave gun is a big chunky rifle, its got six exposed soda can sized capacitors running in two rows of three along upper left and right of its body and what looks like some sort of satellite dish instead of a normal barrel. Its essentially a super powered Klystron which produces microwaves. These function similarly to microwaves used commercially, vibrating molecules to produce heat. Works best against fleshy targets but also functions against electronics. Difficult to use though due to having to tune the frequency for distance.

Level Fate to d12, Gun to d12.  Buy a transient psychokinetic stim for 250, and two euphoria generators for 200 (I assume these are grenades; if they're reusable I guess I only need one.  Also if they're reusable Wilfred will use it immediately after purchase.)  Edit: A placed charge for 150, too.

Baldwin can have the occult gun.  Wil would definitely not give him the thing IC, but OOC I did kinda... well, scare people, I guess.  I swear I didn't think that would really work.  Or do anything.  Edit: Baldwin must ALSO take the Cold Comfort rifle, which has seen all its users die.  No reason.  It's definitely not actually cursed.

...Oh, and Wil only got paid 500, despite his promotion putting him to 650 base pay.  I don't really have anything to spend the money on, else I wouldn't tempt fate by pointing this out... but y'know.  Money.  :3

"Huh." Is all Wilfred has to say at first, when his supervisors appear, dead.  "Wish I got to be the one to do that.  I could still make it worse for them if you want, I could get their ghosts!  Anyways, yeah, I'm in for blood!  You don't even have to ask, I wanna break more shit!"

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Bought. They're grenades, yes.

Cursed gun and Other cursed gun handed off.

You can get that extra 150. Very grudgingly.

The Auditor just sort of stares at you. You think. He has no eyes so hard to say he "stares" at anything but he's definitely perceiving you with a notable degree of annoyance.

Were the cyborg gorilla and the anime orangutan among the punished present at our meeting?
No, actually. Remember they were off talking to management which is why they left Bill to oversee things. They got a stern talking to about choosing subordinates better but that's it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4694 on: March 22, 2022, 12:05:45 pm »

Give the wooden doll to Baldwin.

"Pretty sure this is some occult bollocks, you should have it."

Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 334