Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482066 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Intermission
« Reply #4470 on: December 30, 2021, 07:12:05 am »

((Radio did you see my post? I was hoping to carry on the conversation with Yagyu.))
((Ah, forgot to reply, my apologies!))

Alec too will go see what the screaming is, passing Yagyu "Aye how the feck are ye!" he says with a chuckle "Have nae seen ye in a wee bit!".
"True! I used to be an alien but then I blew up so now I push things. Good to have you back!"
"Aye good to be back, an I finally got feck'n paid! After we check the bloody noise, ye and I should go have a drink...If ye can drink?"

"Good for you! Go get that cash! But no, I'm afraid I can no longer ride the boozetrain, it's all ones and zeros for me."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4471 on: December 30, 2021, 10:33:04 am »

((Radio did you see my post? I was hoping to carry on the conversation with Yagyu.))

Alec too will go see what the screaming is, passing Yagyu "Aye how the feck are ye!" he says with a chuckle "Have nae seen ye in a wee bit!".
"True! I used to be an alien but then I blew up so now I push things. Good to have you back!"
"Aye good to be back, an I finally got feck'n paid! After we check the bloody noise, ye and I should go have a drink...If ye can drink?"

"Good for you! Go get that cash! But no, I'm afraid I can no longer ride the boozetrain, it's all ones and zeros for me."
"Aye that's a shame, but ye should still join me! I'll give tell ye a tale or two, aye I bet ye'll av' yer sockets in a twist after hearin' the fishermans tale my grandpappy used to tell! But let's get a move on, this racket is givin' me a wee headache!"
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 10:35:03 am by Horizon »
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #4472 on: December 30, 2021, 12:59:37 pm »

We're watching movies, someone else deal with the thing please.

Spoiler: notes (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4473 on: December 30, 2021, 01:15:29 pm »

"Greetings, teammates. It is I, Edward the Supporctopus, formerly EdPC. I look forward to being your driver and general supporting teammate next mission"

How much is the insurance I bought? Just to see if I still have money left to grab some other goodies for next mission

In any case, go check out the siren that's screaming somewhere. But, like, from the back line, let my teammates take the glory of being the first ones in.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
[/quote]

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4474 on: December 30, 2021, 01:35:40 pm »

"Aye that's a shame, but ye should still join me! I'll give tell ye a tale or two, aye I bet ye'll av' yer sockets in a twist after hearin' the fishermans tale my grandpappy used to tell! But let's get a move on, this racket is givin' me a wee headache!"

"I think that headache might be the booze train entering its final stop at Hangover County, my friend."

"Greetings, teammates. It is I, Edward the Supporctopus, formerly EdPC. I look forward to being your driver and general supporting teammate next mission"

"Sweet bod dude. But tell me, how do I high five you now?!?"
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 06:21:07 pm by Radio Controlled »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4475 on: January 01, 2022, 08:19:37 pm »

"Sweet bod dude. But tell me, how do I high five you now?!?"
"No no, you are looking at this new situation all wrong" Ed says, wiggling his tentacles in front of him "Instead of you trying to high five multiple of my tentacles, consider that I am now able to give several people high fives at the same time. High impact multi-user moral support!"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4476 on: January 06, 2022, 05:15:48 pm »

ALRIGHT! Looks like there was some controversy with people selling other people's inventory! Or at least things loaned to them or something. To be clear, I am against the way it was done here. If you wanna beat someone over the head and steal their shit, I'm actually ok with that. But I don't like secret PM actions selling other people's stuff. If you wanna do that, at least give them a chance to stop you in character.

Assuming everything is officially settled, I take a 5 omni loan from the loan shark, then buy an armored space suit. Anyone who needs it can use it, except Summer, for obvious reasons.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)

((Also, sorry. I didn’t realize I was double posting.))
Alright.

Use the 500 OMNI received from Yagyu to buy a personal shield generator.

Summer silently reviews the situation, thinking to herself.

Well.. I don't know if that was good or bad.  There was some of each there.  The bad is that Ji thinks she got screwed over.  The extra bad is that Ji thinks loaning a newbie a biorazor is generosity.

I did take advantage of that, but.. getting rid of that thing is probably doing someone a service.  Someone would have borrowed it and killed themselves with it.

And I got a drone control program, so I should be able to do something this time while sitting in a room for safety.

Pop a stim and move away from the siren.  Look for a room, ideally a reasonably secure one with two or more exits.

Spoiler: Summer (click to show/hide)
Ok.

We're watching movies, someone else deal with the thing please.

You're apparently being dragged along by Wilfred.

How much is the insurance I bought? Just to see if I still have money left to grab some other goodies for next mission

In any case, go check out the siren that's screaming somewhere. But, like, from the back line, let my teammates take the glory of being the first ones in.

I Thought it was listed? I don't remember off the top of my head unless its listed in the armory. If its really not there, I'll dig it up.

((My Wil body vote is The Rock or Arnold Schwaznagger. I mean look at those stats! Whatever Will creates is definitely going to be swole, and I think the actor theme should be continued. If Musclehead isn't your thing, then may I recommend buff Christian Bale? Alternatively, you can become a martial arts legend like Chuck Norris or Bruce Lee. As a matter of fact, out of all of my suggestions, I think Chuck Norris is the best one.))

Try the ghost jar merging again. SAM didn't nail it the first time after all. Also from now on, assume my shield generator is only active if I explicitly declare an action to activate it. Don't want to waste my battery when I'm not in danger.

[4]
You fuse with the mice. There's not a lot to gain from mice in terms of power or knowledge. But you get a bit. Increase one skill by +1.

((Sorry for not posting in time for the last turn. Also, you screwed up a quote tag somewhere in your post Piecewise. A lot of people are going to miss the siren))

Speech to d6

As tempting and in-character as it is to max out occult, Baldwin's stats never reflected the smooth-talking hustler I RPed him as.

Try to recall and follow the proper evac procedure for this specific type of siren. I assume it's necessary to evacuate the base in case of a fire, but I wouldn't be surprised if people used panic rooms here instead. If I don't know how to evac for this alarm, make a break for the teleporter room.

If everything is actually okay, ask Wilfred if I can examine the occult "fragile darkness" gun (with the benefit of my new post-mission occult level-up) he stole from the Bizarre. He never turned that thing in, and we never figured out what was the deal with it. Actually, maybe we can retroactively make this examination happen before the alarm.

Spoiler: Baldwin Reborn (click to show/hide)
You remember the siren from the mandatory hypnotic programming you got when you joined OMNI. You have no choice but to remember, actually.

This siren, with its 3 long two short, then human scream tempo, is the containment breech siren. Specifically the "Extra dimensional space breach" variant.

That...sounds urgent.

[6] You manage to find the original video. Its about 5 minutes long, most of it nothing but darkness and breathing noises, apparenly someone holding a camera near their chest and hiding. The last 20 seconds or has the person point the camera down a long apparenlty concrete tunnel which is suddenly lit by bright purple light. Something is standing at the end of it, something clearly not human or even of this earth. It makes the noise in question and the video cuts. On initial viewing there's not much to go on as to its meaning or origin.
1) Save the audio file just in case it's relevant later.

2) Also, question: can I use my status as auditor in the company to get access to, for example, restricted files or acces normally of-limits areas (like that one auditor-only area we once saw in that mission)? Or does buying the body only get you the body but not the actual auditor status?

3) Second question: in the past you said starting gear cannot be sold (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173094.msg8251121#msg8251121). So has this rule changed, meaning any item can be sold?

A siern is screaming somewhere far away.
4) Go check it out!

EDIT: also, loan 500 bucks to Summer.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
1.Saved.
2. Auditor bodies do not grant you auditor status. HOWEVER, they do allow access to auditor locked areas. So long as you're in that body.
3. No, they shouldn't be selling those. Starting items are unsellable because they refresh at the start of each mission.
4. Going.

Edit: Ok.

"YEAH!  FUCK DERP UP!  AHAHAHA, YES!"

Wilfred cheers loudly as he watches the fight, pumping a fist in the air... despite the fact that it's a recording of himself.  He calms down a bit after the fight finishes, rolling his catlike eyes as the scientists' explanation appears onscreen.   "Bah, you fucks don't know shit!  I killed Sam good, and like a few cities too!  Fools, they think they knyow everything just 'cause they've got fancy labcoats.  Labcoats that ain't acidproof..."

One feline ear swivels to point at Kora when she speaks up, though Wilfred remains focused on the screen, fiddling with the controller to try and get a replay of when he sent SAM to the ground.  "Yeah, yeah, sure.  I'm a font of wisdoms.  Like, fuck Derp."

((Heydude will be answered after I've considered more))

Allow Baldwin to inspect the Fragile Darkness gun, but make sure to be a large distance away from him while he does so.  Maybe go investigate that siren, in full combat gear.  Drag Kora along, we've watched enough movies, by which I mean Wilfred's finally bored of watching himself fighting SAM.

Can I sell the Neuron reconfiguration helmet?  If so, for how much?  It's been used three times, so I'd expect the value to go down somewhat.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Considering the siren, I'm gonna say you guys don't fuck around with the gun at the moment. Instead you go investigate the siren. See below.

Helmet sells for 1/2 the retail price.

"My vision is coming true, and what the fuck is that noise?"
Keep their original personalities and have them follow me around.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
Alright. Enjoy being offered slices of pizza and terrible puns. 

Those who go off to investigate the siren almost immediately run across Bill. He's standing in the hall, bleeding from the head, holding a beer in one hand and a sharpened piece of rebar in the other.

"Hey. Not naming any names, but I think someone left the door to the pain dimension open. You guys should probably go close it."

The hall shakes.

"You guys who still have nerve ending should probably get some booze or pain killers or something. Those pain elementals are fun for a while but they get very monotonous after a while."

He takes a drink and then looks back at the group.

"What? Seems pretty straight forward."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4477 on: January 06, 2022, 06:02:17 pm »

Is there time to quickly buy myself a goop thrower and extra goop canister? If yes, do so after asking some questions to this dude.

"How do we actually close a portal like that, exactly? And do these elementals die when you shoot them, or is this more like occult bullshit?

Edward, maybe you can start by, ah, 'gaining access' to the cameras in the disaster zone and see what's going on in there? And maybe close some blast doors or whatever to prevent them from running rampant if you can."

Should gribblies present themselves already, goop ‘em!

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 02:48:28 pm by Radio Controlled »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Occult is banned
« Reply #4478 on: January 06, 2022, 06:06:22 pm »

Bob

Also, purchase and install an OMNItech Necromantic Instigator. Immediately begin raising the chickens from the cafeteria to do my bidding, followed by any lab animals not yet properly incinerated. The bigger and more mutated the better. Contact Tim Burton for movie right negotiations.

Spoiler: Bob (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tara (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 08:39:23 am by Ozarck »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4479 on: January 06, 2022, 08:16:21 pm »

I Thought it was listed? I don't remember off the top of my head unless its listed in the armory. If its really not there, I'll dig it up.
((It's not in the arsenal as far as I can see, but previously you've stated it as "10% of object cost with a max of 100 Omni". I got that package deal that gave my the octobody+all its installed gizmos for 1000, which would make the insurance 100. That sound right?))

Ed wiggles his tentacles in an affirmative "I can certainly try to do so!"

Buy insurance for octobody for 100 OMNI (pending approval), and a toolbox for 200.

Then use the omniscient network scanner to search for info regarding this door to the pain dimension. If the scanner needs more specifics, I'm looking for its location, what has come through it, and how to close it.

After using the scanner, see if I can access the normal base network and take control of some camera's/turrets/doors near the breach

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4480 on: January 06, 2022, 11:33:39 pm »

"God damn universe is biased against meat." Kora grumbles. "Hey Wil, got any painkillers?"

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #4481 on: January 07, 2022, 12:00:29 am »

"Zzzz"

Keep sleeping

Spoiler:  Jack Blackwater (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 12:04:12 am by Fluffe9911 »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4482 on: January 07, 2022, 12:47:22 am »

No, they shouldn't be selling those. Starting items are unsellable because they refresh at the start of each mission.

Wait wait what?  Like, guns and ammo and armor too?  This is kinda a big deal if so; I've been assuming it was all lost on death, which is balanced by the fact you prolly have better stuff (and can almost certainly buy better stuff) if you've been around much time at all.

...But yeah, if this is true, what happens if a security member gives someone their generic rifle, or their armor, after getting something better?  If it's refreshed, that means potentially infinite guns and armor, kinda.  If it's not refreshed, we should be able to sell it.

...Anyway, sell the neuron reconfig for 300, then go spend 50 on getting as much of the cheapest alcohol that can buy.  Share some with Kora, but don't get drunk quite yet.

Edit: Do not give Baldwin the fragile darkness gun.  I mean, I really don't want to test it in live fire.

"Nah, I don't have painkillers.  But I have money, and finally have a physical body again!  This is a great excuse to get drunk on the job!  Come on, bang lady!  Let's go get hammered."

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #4483 on: January 07, 2022, 12:52:22 am »

"Can't argue with that. Explosives, ghosts, and booze. Seems like a good time!"

Go with Wil to get booze. Not that I can contribute anything to that quest, since I have no money and worse fate and speech than Wil. So just let him drive.
Oh, and make sure to get good film of our booze run.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4484 on: January 07, 2022, 05:10:29 am »

"Follow me gang we got things to do, people to kill."
Have the robots follow me to where the rest of the group is, also find out what my robot friends names are.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 04:46:11 am by King Zultan »
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 334