Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482158 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Occult is banned
« Reply #4410 on: December 23, 2021, 09:55:16 am »

The large catgirl glares at Kora suspiciously, then calls her out suspiciously.  With a man's voice.  "Heeey, what are you up to?  Are you following me?  I'll have you know I am a fucking god, and I can eat your derpy little soul if you try anything!"

"Obviously, yes. You're the most dangerous member of the team."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Intermission
« Reply #4411 on: December 23, 2021, 10:19:17 am »

On an online board called "OMNI Answers" you find the word written as a phonetic spelling of an indecipherable phrase on a found footage recording. No one can translate it in the forum, but the origin appears to be a recording labeled  O8820810 that was scraped from a datacube found in the jungle of south america. The original video is now apparently gone as the link to it is dead.

Neato. Keep digging, see if I can find that video. Maybe the future version of waybackmachine will still have it.

If I can't find anything, try to use my status as auditor in the company to get access to the relevant files.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4412 on: December 23, 2021, 10:19:51 am »

Wilfred glares down at the smaller woman for several seconds, considering.  Then he suddenly bursts out laughing, and points at her.  "Smart girl, you're damn right!"

He then wraps an arm around her shoulders, dragging her along with him as he heads to the rec room.  "Come with me, we're gonnya watch something that's fucking awesome.  The time I killed the team's other god!"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4413 on: December 23, 2021, 10:36:10 am »

"...Okay."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4414 on: December 23, 2021, 11:32:30 am »

Edward slithers into the barracks, wearing/being his new robobody
Spoiler: pic (click to show/hide)

"Greetings, teammates. It is I, Edward the Supporctopus, formerly EdPC. I look forward to being your driver and general supporting teammate next mission"

I forgot to ask before, but does this robobody have a different Life stat than the standard d4?

In any case, look into getting some insurance for my octobody with its upgrades

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4415 on: December 24, 2021, 02:08:40 pm »

Merry Christmas boys and girls, have a good one.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4416 on: December 28, 2021, 09:37:55 am »

Holidays are busy for me  Wanted to get something posted but this is real fast.

Sell the secrifle and the Anti-Bio Razor, that I don't actually own.  I'll make one more attempt at getting the programming job done, but this time by paying a supervisor.  Hopefully selling or trading the kit will cover the job.

If it fails, just try to do the job myself.

After that.. well, not too much to do.  Wander about the base, looking for opportunities.

Spoiler: Summer (click to show/hide)
Not sure how you got hold of those or why you say they're not actually yours but They'll sell for 1/2 their listed prices in the armory.

200 for the vr setup.

"Sure, I'll get good footage. Bright flashes won't damage this thing, right?..."
Agree to take the camera.

If Wil's up, stay near him and don't be annoying.

Spoiler: notes (click to show/hide)
Following Wil.

Al finds the group I guess (cause PW didn't say no), since he has no money he can't do anything.

Try to contact someone about getting paid.

Spoiler: Scottish Medic (click to show/hide)
500 Omni

"Yep that's about all I feel like doing this intermission"
Find the nearest publicly available chair and rest in it until the mission starts or something wakes me up.
Spoiler:  Jack Blackwater (click to show/hide)
[/quote
Sleeping

Yeah, I subtract debts from my pay whenever I get more money.  Speaking of, Egan seems to have bought explosives from me, so that money goes straight into paying the new debt.  Down to 150 debt!

Retrieve Rolly-Polly (Wil's giant pet woodlouse), then go try and search up a video recording of Wil's last moments in the Detroit kaiju fight.  Did he win?  Was SAM stopped?  Was the ending sufficiently explosive and awesome?

If Wil's up, stay near him and don't be annoying.

The large catgirl glares at Kora suspiciously, then calls her out suspiciously.  With a man's voice.  "Heeey, what are you up to?  Are you following me?  I'll have you know I am a fucking god, and I can eat your derpy little soul if you try anything!"

Then he protectively cradles the giant woodlouse in his arms, turning away to put his body between Kora and his strange pet.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
]
Recordings of the fight end in a detonation which, according to reports after the fact, was roughly on par with a multi-megaton bomb.. There is a large glassed crater where the fight happened and no sign of either combatant. Scientists guess they're currently fighting in another dimension. Probably.

"By the time I'm done with this I'll have my own personal security guards!"
Spend the 900 Omni and get the big brains and fix the three animatronic critters.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
Big brain time.
You want to keep their original personalities or add new ones?

Edward slithers into the barracks, wearing/being his new robobody
Spoiler: pic (click to show/hide)

"Greetings, teammates. It is I, Edward the Supporctopus, formerly EdPC. I look forward to being your driver and general supporting teammate next mission"

I forgot to ask before, but does this robobody have a different Life stat than the standard d4?

In any case, look into getting some insurance for my octobody with its upgrades

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
d8 life.
bought,
On an online board called "OMNI Answers" you find the word written as a phonetic spelling of an indecipherable phrase on a found footage recording. No one can translate it in the forum, but the origin appears to be a recording labeled  O8820810 that was scraped from a datacube found in the jungle of south america. The original video is now apparently gone as the link to it is dead.

Neato. Keep digging, see if I can find that video. Maybe the future version of waybackmachine will still have it.

If I can't find anything, try to use my status as auditor in the company to get access to the relevant files.

[6]
You manage to find the original video. Its about 5 minutes long, most of it nothing but darkness and breathing noises, apparenly someone holding a camera near their chest and hiding. The last 20 seconds or has the person point the camera down a long apparenlty concrete tunnel which is suddenly lit by bright purple light. Something is standing at the end of it, something clearly not human or even of this earth. It makes the noise in question and the video cuts. On initial viewing there's not much to go on as to its meaning or origin.

A siern is screaming somewhere far away.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4417 on: December 28, 2021, 10:19:20 am »

((Dev, you can't sell my shit. And if you do, I get the money, because it's my shit. You are borrowing it. I will take it back if you don't want it, but it ain't yours.

If you really want, go ahead and sell the rifle, but give the razor back if you don't want it.))
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4418 on: December 28, 2021, 10:30:49 am »

((My Wil body vote is The Rock or Arnold Schwaznagger. I mean look at those stats! Whatever Will creates is definitely going to be swole, and I think the actor theme should be continued. If Musclehead isn't your thing, then may I recommend buff Christian Bale? Alternatively, you can become a martial arts legend like Chuck Norris or Bruce Lee. As a matter of fact, out of all of my suggestions, I think Chuck Norris is the best one.))

Try the ghost jar merging again. SAM didn't nail it the first time after all. Also from now on, assume my shield generator is only active if I explicitly declare an action to activate it. Don't want to waste my battery when I'm not in danger.

[4]
You fuse with the mice. There's not a lot to gain from mice in terms of power or knowledge. But you get a bit. Increase one skill by +1.

((Sorry for not posting in time for the last turn. Also, you screwed up a quote tag somewhere in your post Piecewise. A lot of people are going to miss the siren))

Speech to d6

As tempting and in-character as it is to max out occult, Baldwin's stats never reflected the smooth-talking hustler I RPed him as.

Try to recall and follow the proper evac procedure for this specific type of siren. I assume it's necessary to evacuate the base in case of a fire, but I wouldn't be surprised if people used panic rooms here instead. If I don't know how to evac for this alarm, make a break for the teleporter room.

If everything is actually okay, ask Wilfred if I can examine the occult "fragile darkness" gun (with the benefit of my new post-mission occult level-up) he stole from the Bizarre. He never turned that thing in, and we never figured out what was the deal with it. Actually, maybe we can retroactively make this examination happen before the alarm.

Spoiler: Baldwin Reborn (click to show/hide)
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4419 on: December 28, 2021, 01:01:25 pm »

((Dev, you can't sell my shit. And if you do, I get the money, because it's my shit. You are borrowing it. I will take it back if you don't want it, but it ain't yours.

If you really want, go ahead and sell the rifle, but give the razor back if you don't want it.))

(Yeah, no, I'm selling it so that I have money to not die.  My orders this turn are to buy the best armour I can.  I'm fine with replacing it after the mission, but if Summer dies on the mission, I don't care how angry Ji is that her stuff was sold off.)

(I do have a choice, but I really don't want to spend the next mission period brain-dead so I can buy a piece of armour for the next mission.  Without armour, or a way to observe things, it's just suicide to stand next to people with multiple maxed stats, offensive gear to match it, mini-battlesuits, etc.  Anything that is an interesting encounter for such a character is basically instantly lethal to a character with d4 life who lacks immortality.)

(I want to actually play, and I feel there is some minimum level of equipment to scrape together to do it.  Owing Ji replacement gear makes it a real possibility in  my mind instead of simply a hope and a prayer..  until I saw your offer, I was pretty much resigned to spending the entire next mission brain-dead or sitting in the base area.)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 03:00:29 pm by Devastator »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4420 on: December 28, 2021, 01:22:56 pm »

Kora's eyes shine watching the recording of the final explosion of WIL VS SAM.

"Well, that's quite the fight. If you're a god, Wil, then can I ask you a question?"

She ignores the distant siren. There are more important things!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4421 on: December 28, 2021, 01:28:22 pm »

[6] You manage to find the original video. Its about 5 minutes long, most of it nothing but darkness and breathing noises, apparenly someone holding a camera near their chest and hiding. The last 20 seconds or has the person point the camera down a long apparenlty concrete tunnel which is suddenly lit by bright purple light. Something is standing at the end of it, something clearly not human or even of this earth. It makes the noise in question and the video cuts. On initial viewing there's not much to go on as to its meaning or origin.
1) Save the audio file just in case it's relevant later.

2) Also, question: can I use my status as auditor in the company to get access to, for example, restricted files or acces normally of-limits areas (like that one auditor-only area we once saw in that mission)? Or does buying the body only get you the body but not the actual auditor status?

3) Second question: in the past you said starting gear cannot be sold (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173094.msg8251121#msg8251121). So has this rule changed, meaning any item can be sold?

A siern is screaming somewhere far away.
4) Go check it out!

EDIT: also, loan 500 bucks to Summer.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 03:22:20 pm by Radio Controlled »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4422 on: December 28, 2021, 01:31:32 pm »

"YEAH!  FUCK DERP UP!  AHAHAHA, YES!"

Wilfred cheers loudly as he watches the fight, pumping a fist in the air... despite the fact that it's a recording of himself.  He calms down a bit after the fight finishes, rolling his catlike eyes as the scientists' explanation appears onscreen.   "Bah, you fucks don't know shit!  I killed Sam good, and like a few cities too!  Fools, they think they knyow everything just 'cause they've got fancy labcoats.  Labcoats that ain't acidproof..."

One feline ear swivels to point at Kora when she speaks up, though Wilfred remains focused on the screen, fiddling with the controller to try and get a replay of when he sent SAM to the ground.  "Yeah, yeah, sure.  I'm a font of wisdoms.  Like, fuck Derp."

((Heydude will be answered after I've considered more))

Allow Baldwin to inspect the Fragile Darkness gun, but make sure to be a large distance away from him while he does so.  Maybe go investigate that siren, in full combat gear.  Drag Kora along, we've watched enough movies, by which I mean Wilfred's finally bored of watching himself fighting SAM.

Can I sell the Neuron reconfiguration helmet?  If so, for how much?  It's been used three times, so I'd expect the value to go down somewhat.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4423 on: December 28, 2021, 01:35:41 pm »

"What... exactly happens when we die?"

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4424 on: December 28, 2021, 01:51:23 pm »

"Oh, that's easy.  Your soul just hangs out for a bit, eventually it'll wander off if it feels like it.  Shit can get brutal after that, though; unlife's even rougher than this one, and damn near everything wants to eatcha.  Or just control you, ghosts have like... barely any free will, some've 'em will do what you say if you just give them a stern look!"

If everything is actually okay, ask Wilfred if I can examine the occult "fragile darkness" gun (with the benefit of my new post-mission occult level-up) he stole from the Bizarre. He never turned that thing in, and we never figured out what was the deal with it. Actually, maybe we can retroactively make this examination happen before the alarm.

Wilfred actually turns to make eye contact with Baldwin when he comes up, pausing the video and interrupting the man instantly.  "Eh?  Oh, hey cultyboy!  Nice wings, do they taste like chicken?"

Wilfred eyes Baldwin's new limbs hungrily while he states his request, not seeming to pay much attention.  "Prolly too much blood, myeh.  Anyway, you want the... uh, the thing I swiped?  Yeah, sure, just give it back after.  And go a few rooms down before poking it!  You aim it over here and I'll take your wings!"

The catgirl roots around in a pocket for a moment, before producing the occult gun and offering it to Baldwin.  He's already ignoring the man though, unpausing his kaiju battle.

"Yeah, as I was saying.  The Bald One Reborn there's gonna be a ghost like that.  Still, it's way better than how things used to be, before I killed the last ghost god.  That fucker was collecting, like, every ghost in existence, just packing them all into its little crystal zoo.  Shit was fucked.  Now, now you don't gotta worry, death still sucks, but at least you won't be permanently buried under ghost mice or ghost microbes or something.  Now you can eat your way out!  Anyway, check this--look at that punch!  Man, Sam felt that one!  She was always a tough bitch, but she let her ego get a bit too big!"
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 334