Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482118 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Intermission
« Reply #4425 on: December 28, 2021, 02:13:33 pm »

"...Very impressive." Kora states, dejectedly.

"What about the, uh, omnitech immortality thingie?" She points at the device on Wil's head. "That just puts your brain in a computer, right? What's that do to your soul?"
« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 03:27:13 pm by Egan_BW »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4426 on: December 28, 2021, 03:34:34 pm »

Wilfred shrugs.  "I'unno.  I think it clones your soul or something, but none of my ghosts have come back with all of my power, so..."

Wilfred frowns, cupping his chin thoughtfully.  "...Might be that they just decided living as a ghost is more enjoyable.  As a ghost, my powers should let me control everyone around me, but right now I can only control people by killing them.  Hm."

The large catgirl turns to look at Kora, raising one eyebrow.  Then reaches out to pat her shoulder.  "Hey, good job.  Now I can look forward to dying!  I'll make sure to treat your ghost nicely when you die."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4427 on: December 28, 2021, 03:35:38 pm »

"How reassuring?"

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4428 on: December 28, 2021, 03:51:15 pm »

Wilfred smiles wide, beaming at Kora.  "Yeah!  Hey, last mission I worked with a partner for most of it.  It actually went really well!  Sam was great, before she decided to apotheosize."  He gestures vaugely to the kaiju video, as SAM cuts his ghost mecha in half with a giant laser.  "But anyway, I should get a new partner!  How about it, newbie?  Join up with me, and we'll be kicking deity ass all day long!  What do you do, anyway?  Anything fun, shapeshifting or shooting mind bullets or whatever?"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4429 on: December 28, 2021, 03:56:14 pm »

"Hey, I just got hired, I can't do anything crazy like that yet! I'll just kill things with explosives."

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4430 on: December 28, 2021, 04:09:31 pm »

"Aww, coward.  You know how I got to meet the last ghost god?  I hit a bigass doomcrystal with an axe on my first mission!  Wasn't even my axe, I stole it from some dead guy.  But oh well, good luck with the murder."

With a dismissive wave at Kora, Wilfred turns back to the recording of his own fight, rewinding it yet again.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Spooky
« Reply #4431 on: December 28, 2021, 04:14:03 pm »

Alec too will go see what the screaming is, passing Yagyu "Aye how the feck are ye!" he says with a chuckle "Have nae seen ye in a wee bit!".

Spoiler: Scottish Medic (click to show/hide)
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4432 on: December 28, 2021, 04:20:09 pm »

((Obligatory reminder about the existence of the loan shark))
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4433 on: December 28, 2021, 04:45:11 pm »

((I'm more worried about being forcibly made immortal and collared than I'm worried about just being killed.  Ji can kill my character, but can't enslave my character.  I'm pretty sure a company loan shark can do the slave thing, and with Ghost Boy there, ain't no way to get outta that.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4434 on: December 28, 2021, 05:06:24 pm »

Alec too will go see what the screaming is, passing Yagyu "Aye how the feck are ye!" he says with a chuckle "Have nae seen ye in a wee bit!".

"True! I used to be an alien but then I blew up so now I push things. Good to have you back!"

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4435 on: December 28, 2021, 05:22:48 pm »

((You are missing the point. You can’t sell it because it does not belong to you. The reason I’m lending my weapons out for free is so that new players have more of a chance. You’re taking advantage of that. If you don’t want to use the loan shark, Ill take out enough money that you can get an armored space suit, and you can pay me back later.))
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4436 on: December 28, 2021, 05:52:50 pm »

((You are missing the point. You can’t sell it because it does not belong to you. The reason I’m lending my weapons out for free is so that new players have more of a chance. You’re taking advantage of that. If you don’t want to use the loan shark, Ill take out enough money that you can get an armored space suit, and you can pay me back later.))

((I did take advantage of it.  I'd just much rather face something like a 100% interest rate and an angry teammate than to have anyone taking out a loan on my character's behalf.  Even if said angry teammate results in character death.))

((I'm willing to make a deal, but I don't want to retcon selling stolen goods, particularly since I outright told PW they were not mine and he allowed them to be sold despite that.))

((Another way of looking at it is much simpler.  Yes, I stole them.  Then I sold them.  I'd much rather face the consequences of those actions, my deliberate decisions, than to retcon them out of existance.))
« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 06:04:01 pm by Devastator »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4437 on: December 28, 2021, 07:39:41 pm »

((For the record, I’m not entirely sure if the security rifle can actually be sold, since it’s starting equipment: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173094.msg8251121#msg8251121  ))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4438 on: December 28, 2021, 07:41:59 pm »

((PW allowed it, knowing it was a secrifle, so it rides unless he changes his mind.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4439 on: December 28, 2021, 08:05:57 pm »

((That post is also a pretty solid argument for "Yes, you can sell anything you can get your grubby hands on."))
« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 08:15:54 pm by Devastator »
Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 334