Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482833 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: (S)ubsume (A)ll (M)eat
« Reply #4245 on: October 27, 2021, 12:28:36 am »

F

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Spooky
« Reply #4246 on: October 27, 2021, 12:53:27 am »

If there is any consciousness in the cellular goo that was once Bob, engulf Tara and dive for the nearest sewer entrance. If Tara fits, take her underground, else just go alone into the cool and wet below the surface.

If there is nothing of Bob left but a soon to be incinerated puddle, let it be known that he died as he lived: Driving a Chevrolet Movie Theater.

Spoiler: The MOOKiest (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Team Mascot (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 02:47:22 am by Ozarck »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4247 on: October 27, 2021, 02:26:42 am »

"NOT MY FAULT!  I WANTED BOB TO LIVE!"

Get inside the EdPC.  Unless already inside the EdPC.  Be vaguely sad about the crocodile dying.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accomplishments (click to show/hide)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4248 on: October 27, 2021, 02:32:12 am »

You... you have stripped me down... to my barest flesh. Though you have destroyed... every bone... in my body... I will not bow before thee you monster!

I admit you have great power, but... you do not wear magic well.

Technology... made you arrogant. You thought a crutch... made you ready for the real thing.

That is why you will fail...

I... can feel your influence... weakening. I can feel your pain as nuclear hellfire burns your bones!

Hahahahahah...

Do not assume you will drag me to your doom, my little flower. I may have none of my possessions, but real magic is always with you.

We will soon meet again, but I doubt you will be able to threaten me like you used to.

While SAM is stunned by the nuke, sever my link to the divine light (ie. to SAM and the clouds) and steal a fragment of power for my own!

OR

If Sam is dead and gone, absorb some of the residual power before it dissipates...

Either way, prove myself to be the superior meat sludge and assimilate my meat sludge contemporaries and reform into a new flesh horror. A real flesh horror...

Either way, try to reconstitute something resembling a body. Something with a face that can speak at least

« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 10:25:54 am by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4249 on: October 27, 2021, 02:42:50 am »

Produce the antibio razor and hack at whatever flesh-monsters/sludge is still in the EDPC
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4250 on: October 27, 2021, 02:57:25 am »

((Ha! Should have expected that. Guess that's what I get for flavoring things so evilly.

Baldwin talks a big game for being a barely sentient pile of sludge. Really, this was just the last card I had to play before this character was gone for good.  ;)

Assuming that any of my prior steps worked out despite how unlikely they were, would you have been swayed by Baldwin's screams for mercy?))
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4251 on: October 27, 2021, 03:40:06 am »

"Oh fuck I've made things worse, why can't this damn thing shoot straight?"
Shut the hatch and Sit down far from the melty flesh things that used to be my coworkers.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4252 on: October 27, 2021, 09:12:08 am »

Is there some time before the shockwave hits?

If yes: scoop up what remains of the fleshy people who were in the EdPC in like a tupperware or whatever (one box per former person). Don't think this is revivable but might as well try. Then, bunker down and brace for impact.
Note: if the meatgoop is being weird or aggressive or whatever then just leave it alone.

If not: bunker down and brace for impact.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 10:13:23 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4253 on: October 27, 2021, 10:23:33 am »

((My containment pods will suit your purposes nicely I think, even if they are a little small

I think I can change justify changing my action a little now))

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4254 on: October 27, 2021, 10:42:02 am »

((Wait so I’m dead?!?  Oh well.))
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4255 on: October 27, 2021, 10:44:47 am »

((You can try jiggle your goo like I'm doing. It's probably pointless, but it's worth a try. Being absorbed into a flesh-hivemind usually isn't synonymous with death, and we haven't even gotten to that point yet.

You might also be able to make a deal with that magic flee, even if that was just piecewise messing with you))
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 10:49:14 am by heydude6 »

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4256 on: October 28, 2021, 01:04:11 pm »

((You can try jiggle your goo like I'm doing. It's probably pointless, but it's worth a try. Being absorbed into a flesh-hivemind usually isn't synonymous with death, and we haven't even gotten to that point yet.

You might also be able to make a deal with that magic flee, even if that was just piecewise messing with you))
im preety sure that im dead.  if piecewise agrees, character sheet pending
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4257 on: October 29, 2021, 07:34:50 pm »

"Thanks for the 'help', guys. Everyone please fasten your seatbelts, we seem to be about to experience some hefty turbulence."

Button up the EdPC and brace for shockwave impact.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 05:41:15 pm by Pancaek »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4258 on: November 01, 2021, 08:32:10 pm »

If there is any consciousness in the cellular goo that was once Bob, engulf Tara and dive for the nearest sewer entrance. If Tara fits, take her underground, else just go alone into the cool and wet below the surface.

If there is nothing of Bob left but a soon to be incinerated puddle, let it be known that he died as he lived: Driving a Chevrolet Movie Theater.

Spoiler: The MOOKiest (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Team Mascot (click to show/hide)
[7][5]
The vague, greenish brown slurry that used to be Bob wriggles and then engulfs Tara. With a sloshing show of force the Bob Blob smashes through the passenger side window and out onto the street beyond, carrying Tara long with it.
[6]
The bob blob oozes in place for a moment before surging over to the nearest manhole, flipping the top off, and falling in like a glob of snot down a hose pipe.

"NOT MY FAULT!  I WANTED BOB TO LIVE!"

Get inside the EdPC.  Unless already inside the EdPC.  Be vaguely sad about the crocodile dying.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accomplishments (click to show/hide)

You cram yourself into the EdPC.

"I'm in a metal suit of emotion!" you cry, flailing weakly inside your mini-mecha.

You... you have stripped me down... to my barest flesh. Though you have destroyed... every bone... in my body... I will not bow before thee you monster!

I admit you have great power, but... you do not wear magic well.

Technology... made you arrogant. You thought a crutch... made you ready for the real thing.

That is why you will fail...

I... can feel your influence... weakening. I can feel your pain as nuclear hellfire burns your bones!

Hahahahahah...

Do not assume you will drag me to your doom, my little flower. I may have none of my possessions, but real magic is always with you.

We will soon meet again, but I doubt you will be able to threaten me like you used to.

While SAM is stunned by the nuke, sever my link to the divine light (ie. to SAM and the clouds) and steal a fragment of power for my own!

OR

If Sam is dead and gone, absorb some of the residual power before it dissipates...

Either way, prove myself to be the superior meat sludge and assimilate my meat sludge contemporaries and reform into a new flesh horror. A real flesh horror...

Either way, try to reconstitute something resembling a body. Something with a face that can speak at least

[3][7][5]
The jelly of flesh that was Baldwin jiggles for a moment and then suddenly reforms with a wet SLURP! He looks like he did before, but paler, with a pair of wings made from expanding blood vessels and a halo of blood hovering over his head.  "I'm back!"

im preety sure that im dead.  if piecewise agrees, character sheet pending
[2]
Yep. Well...Not dead but a mindless pile of goo.  Will is an important stat.

Produce the antibio razor and hack at whatever flesh-monsters/sludge is still in the EDPC
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
You ignore the newly reformed flesh...angel...guy and instead hack at the mindless pile of former teammate. It's super effective!

"Oh fuck I've made things worse, why can't this damn thing shoot straight?"
Shut the hatch and Sit down far from the melty flesh things that used to be my coworkers.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
You climb back in, set the RPG down, and try to look innocent.

Is there some time before the shockwave hits?

If yes: scoop up what remains of the fleshy people who were in the EdPC in like a tupperware or whatever (one box per former person). Don't think this is revivable but might as well try. Then, bunker down and brace for impact.
Note: if the meatgoop is being weird or aggressive or whatever then just leave it alone.

If not: bunker down and brace for impact.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
2/3 blobs appear to have...uh...solved their own problems one way or another. So you shrug and duck.

"Thanks for the 'help', guys. Everyone please fasten your seatbelts, we seem to be about to experience some hefty turbulence."

Button up the EdPC and brace for shockwave impact.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)

[10]

Pile bunkers extend from the bottom of the EdPC and anchor it to the asphalt with a series of staccato thuds as tungsten spikes sink a foot or so deep into the road. All the hatches lock, all the motorized turret mounts whine and hold themselves steady, monitors flicker off, and inflatable bags deploy around the passenger compartment.

The blast wave hits maybe 5 or 6 seconds after the flash, strangely delayed considering the distance. Luckily the blast hits the EdPC rear on, instead of side on, and the rubble around its nose in combination with the pile bunkers keeps it relatively anchored in place. The rear section tears free and lifts a foot or so off the ground but then drops back as the blast wave passes over. For a few long seconds everyone sits in silence. The EdPC is pitch black inside, the only sounds being the breathing of its one organic inhabitant and shifting of metal on metal. Then, somewhere outside and far away, a scream echoes. Its louder and larger than any human or even beast they've seen before could make. And its coming from the direction of SAM. Those with scanners pick up bursts of erratic radiation. Too dense to be normal fallout. The ground shakes.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4259 on: November 01, 2021, 10:35:46 pm »

Baldwin does not pay his teammates any mind as he steps outside of the EDPC and climbs on top. Cape billowing in the wind, he takes out the Military Binoculars he bought oh so long ago and takes a good and detailed look at Sam.

"Don't let those screams concern you." He says to no one in particular.

"These are the wails of a dying animal. SAM had the potential to become something truly powerful, but you dropped the nuke while she was incomplete. It disturbs me that she wasn't killed outright, but it'll only be a matter of time before she succumbs to third degree burns. As Ji so effectively demonstrated, though SAM was strong, the blobs of flesh goo she is composed of are individually quite weak."

Baldwin puts his binoculars away to laugh a little. Then he addresses Wil.

"Do you see it Wilfred? Do you see the bright glow of thousands of liberated souls simultaneously escaping their meaty shells and ascending to the heavens! Anything in that red sea that wasn't able to reach her in time has mostly certainly been reduced to carbon now. She can't touch them anymore, so I can't see how she could possibly regenerate!"

:D

Baldwin of course can't see them, but he assumes Wil does. It'll be really bad news if Wil doesn't see them either.

"Anyway, let's move these buildings out of the way and finally go home. I was once an architect you know. Destroying buildings is even easier than building them!"

And then he flies/climbs off with his explosive charge.

((Anyway, that was flavour-text. I don't actually know what happened to Sam, but I came up with a theory that made sense. I genuinely don't see how the flesh ocean could have survived the nuke. My occult roll will give more accurate information so I assume this will likely be contradicted by something. Here's my actual action in bold text))

Assuming I won't immediately flash-fry upon exiting the EDPC, do so and examine the state of the landscape around me. Then find a good vantage point and examine SAM with my Military binoculars. Try to ascertain the state of her and see how much aligns with the theory I posted above.

Some Sample questions:
  • Is SAM actually dying?
  • Are the red clouds receding?
  • How much of a threat is she still?
  • What is she doing now?
  • Is the flesh sea charcoal?
  • Is there still a way she could regenerate?
  • How much more damage can she take before she's dead for good?

Share this info with my team of course. Then fly away or if that fails, climb away and go between the two buildings blocking the road. Carefully place my explosive charge in a place such that when it detonates, it clears a path without damaging the EDPC. Make sure I'm inside the EDPC before I detonate it though and even then only do it if my teammates authorize it. It might be better to use that explosive against SAM if we still need to fight her.

I advise the EDPC back away a bit anyway though, just to ensure absolute safety with explosives.

Spoiler: Baldwin Reborn (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 10:53:30 pm by heydude6 »
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 334