Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482576 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: God Warrior Ascends
« Reply #4275 on: November 05, 2021, 02:13:18 am »

"Hell YEAH! That's my boy" Baldwin says before slapping Wil on the back.

Then he turns around to slap Tara out of her daze.

"Wake up sleepy head! We're gonna go kill a false god, but we need the Silverfish to do it. Since there's basically no chance that thing was undamaged by the nuke, we're gonna need to use every bit of expertise you have in order to repair! So get in on it. Use anything you can, salvage parts from the ruined Chevrolet if you must!"

Baldwin sends her off with another slap on the back for good measure.

"Allegro. GO!"

I am suggesting an auto-action for Tara. I'll at least take a turn for Bob to reconstitute himself so she's the best person for this job. The action of course is to find and repair the Silverfish using any means necessary so Wil can use it. Parts can be taken from wherever, including vehicle wrecks like the Chevrolet.

Spoiler: The MOOKiest (click to show/hide)
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4276 on: November 05, 2021, 02:33:11 am »

"I still don't get how Sam is still alive, but I guess things aren't all bad since I only accidentally killed one person instead of three."
Burt sits for a second listening to the current goings on be for adding his own comment.
"Are you guys sure summoning another giant monster to fight Sam a good idea, I mean we could all leave now and pretend none of this happened."

Aid in finding and fixing the Silverfish, also defend self if people decide I could be used for parts to fix the thing.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4277 on: November 05, 2021, 09:49:39 am »

Veto'ing the auto-Tara action.

heydude, generally we don't run other players' characters without their input. If someone says something like "I am going to be away for a while, [heydude] can run my character," then, within reason, it is acceptable. Additionally, in certain known cases, such as with Radio and Pan, it's generally accepted, since they're the same person IRl anyway (not really. this is a joke).

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4278 on: November 05, 2021, 11:07:48 am »

Wilfred, after remaining silent for a few seconds watching SAM, suddenly thrusts a large metal fist victoriously into the air.

"Awww hell yeah, Sam!  I knew you were a cool chick dick thing, but I had no idea you had THAT in you!  Badass!"

He then climbs back into the EdPC, disembarking from his hardsuit almost as soon as he's inside.  He looks at Yagyu, and reaches up for the cognition copier mounted on his head, but hesitates.  After a moment he lowers his hands and instead grabs a keycard, the key to his personal chest of belongings back home.  He presses it into Yagyu's palm.

"If I come back, I'll have to have the ability to remember this.  There's no way in hell I'm gonna apotheosize and punch out the god of all flesh, and then go back to normal life not knowing what it felt like!  If my mind's unrecoverable, take care of Rolly Polly for me.  And fuck Derp up if you ever get the chance!"

With that, he unceremoniously begins pushing the Silverfish out of the APC, pausing only to give a quick nod to Baldwin.  "If anyone wants to fly me closer, and maybe keep the silverfish for yourself afterward, taking volunteers now.  Otherwise I'm gonna ram this thing right into Sam!  This time, I am the warhead!" 

"I'll... take care of her. Good luck."

((OOC note: are we sure we want someone with d4 in tech to pilot the silverfish?))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4279 on: November 05, 2021, 11:14:47 am »

((As someone rooting for a kaiju fight, yeah, Wil has the best tech. Sy should go solo. Not like the Silverfish is gonna survive Wil going full Spooky Gurren Lagan.))

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4280 on: November 05, 2021, 01:24:48 pm »

Veto'ing the auto-Tara action.

Sure, I think I get your point. I’m just kind of guy who’ll at least try something first before giving up on it. I saw a potential benefit so I went for it. I pushed my limits and now I know where they are.

Honestly, I would probably fight harder if it weren’t for the fact that Burt began his own repair action. I forgot Burt was an engineer.

Tara is far from a null character though. She is someone we’ve been making an active effort to protect (I mean you dragged her body into the sewers), so I don’t think it’s unfair to be able to derive some benefit in return. Piecewise even rolled for her Will to resist SAM’s aura which he didn’t do for any of the other AFKs.

I think that more than anything is a statement that Tara is a present and active member of our team who’s skillset we are allowed to utilize. At least once.

((OOC note: are we sure we want someone with d4 in tech to pilot the silverfish?))

((You only have to roll the tech dice if you have to perform a complex manoeuvre. The only thing the pilot is doing here is flying Will most of the distance and then dropping him off.

We won’t need to roll the dice unless SAM decides to fire a lazer beam and we need to perform evasive maneuvers.

I must admit, that it seems like the only purpose of the pilot here seems to be to return the silverfish intact. As valuable as that thing has been so far, I doubt it’s going to be very useful in the corridor crawls that most of our missions consist of. I also think Wilfred would benefit from the extra ramming speed the thing can provide if he takes it all the way))
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Spooky
« Reply #4281 on: November 05, 2021, 02:24:19 pm »

Am I still online? If not, boot the EdPC back up.
Assuming I succeed in regaining control and all system are nominal, then wait for everyone to do their thing. The moment everyone is done doing their thing and I don't have to stick around here, haul ass towards the military base where we originally entered the zone.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4282 on: November 05, 2021, 04:59:22 pm »

((I expected EVA but got Nausicaa, I want my money back Piecewise))
https://vimeo.com/64987176

Anno made this so...they're not unconnected.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4283 on: November 06, 2021, 10:00:21 am »

((As someone rooting for a kaiju fight, yeah, Wil has the best tech. Sy should go solo. Not like the Silverfish is gonna survive Wil going full Spooky Gurren Lagan.))

((I edited my action to state that Wilfred will be the pilot until he disembarks, just to ensure the important part (getting him away from the team) is successful.  As a comment, I mostly added the option for someone else to pilot to be a bit less of a selfish jerk; while the silverfish is arguably better for ramming than the hardsuit's jump jets, since it's faster and has a longer range, I chose to use it because it means I won't lose my very valuable hardsuit.  And since I'm basically using the team's most valuable loot just to avoid losing my own most valuable item, it seems like a good idea to allow someone else to save the thing.

...Also, did I miss something?  Why does the silverfish need to be repaired?  I'd think that at most it needs to be rebooted; there shouldn't have been physical damage, and if a reboot can't fix the computers it's probably fried.  And if it were fried then all of us robobrains would presumably be dead, considering it's a military design that's built to resist energy weapons, while we're in cheap wageslave prosthetics.))

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4284 on: November 06, 2021, 10:11:09 am »

...Also, did I miss something?  Why does the silverfish need to be repaired?  I'd think that at most it needs to be rebooted; there shouldn't have been physical damage, and if a reboot can't fix the computers it's probably fried.  And if it were fried then all of us robobrains would presumably be dead, considering it's a military design that's built to resist energy weapons, while we're in cheap wageslave prosthetics.))

((The thing was strapped to the top of the EDPC like a bicycle. You saw how heavily the EDPC was rocked even though it was a multi-ton vehicle with tungsten spikes anchoring it to the ground. I assume rope is not going to hold up as well.))

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4285 on: November 07, 2021, 01:57:54 am »

((The thing was strapped to the top of the EDPC like a bicycle.))
((This was the info I was basking my thing off of.))
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4286 on: November 09, 2021, 07:27:34 pm »

take Akanorth’s containment pods and collect up as much of the Aka-goo into the pods as possible.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
Ji gathers a high tech bucket full of former teammate.

Am I still rolling will rolls? If so, return to Alligator. Else, go get my spiderbot, if someone lets me in and out of the EdPC.

Spoiler: Team Mascot (click to show/hide)
[6]
Bob reforms into a crocodile. Alligator? Something like that. Looks much the same as before...maybe a little bit more smug?

"I still don't get how Sam is still alive, but I guess things aren't all bad since I only accidentally killed one person instead of three."
Burt sits for a second listening to the current goings on be for adding his own comment.
"Are you guys sure summoning another giant monster to fight Sam a good idea, I mean we could all leave now and pretend none of this happened."

Aid in finding and fixing the Silverfish, also defend self if people decide I could be used for parts to fix the thing.
"... I think I'm about ready to go home now guys."

Is EdPC awake? If not see if I can reboot him. If that doesn't work, get in the driver's seat and start driving out of here, towards the military base we entered from. Try not to attract the attention of Big Chungus over there.

Oh, and grab the late Akanorth's stuff I guess for later distribution.

That can wait, instead first assist Wil with his plan. Accept the key he gives me, and if the silverfish needs any repairs then help out with that. Then we drive off.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

[5]
Yagyu and Burt climb out of the EdPC and go looking for the silverfish, fully expecting the worst. However they find the craft laying on the ground about 15 feet from the EdPC. Seems like it busted free and fell to the ground but its light wieght and springy construction prevented any damage. Aside from some scratches that will probably buff out.  Together they both get it on its landing gear again and clear some space around it for a quick take off.

They both then scramble back into the EdPC before they get left behind.

((Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow, and insidious killer.))

Baldwin's jaw drops when he sees SAM still standing. He saw what the nuke did to the rest of the landscape so how is she so FINE?!

It wasn't a total loss though. It seems like everything he said about the flesh sea was right, and SAM was still quite damaged. But he had to admit there was only one person left who could stop her.

"... I think I'm about ready to go home now guys."

"I'm just about ready to as well..." He said with great pain.

"But I think it's his fight to finish"

His head had turned towards Wilfred hulking metal frame. He was more powerful than either than them, and he was the one to drop the nuke. So naturally it made sense to give him the final word.

Baldwin holds up inside the EDPC. He decides to use his own flesh-warping power to try to help Bob put himself back together.

"Let me help you with that."

Spoiler: Baldwin Reborn (click to show/hide)
Bob requires no help! Bob is bob!

Wilfred, after remaining silent for a few seconds watching SAM, suddenly thrusts a large metal fist victoriously into the air.

"Awww hell yeah, Sam!  I knew you were a cool chick dick thing, but I had no idea you had THAT in you!  Badass!"

He then climbs back into the EdPC, disembarking from his hardsuit almost as soon as he's inside.  He looks at Yagyu, and reaches up for the cognition copier mounted on his head, but hesitates.  After a moment he lowers his hands and instead grabs a keycard, the key to his personal chest of belongings back home.  He presses it into Yagyu's palm.

"If I come back, I'll have to have the ability to remember this.  There's no way in hell I'm gonna apotheosize and punch out the god of all flesh, and then go back to normal life not knowing what it felt like!  If my mind's unrecoverable, take care of Rolly Polly for me.  And fuck Derp up if you ever get the chance!"

With that, he unceremoniously begins pushing the Silverfish out of the APC, pausing only to give a quick nod to Baldwin.  "If anyone wants to fly me closer, and maybe keep the silverfish for yourself afterward, taking volunteers now.  Otherwise I'm gonna ram this thing right into Sam!  This time, I am the warhead!"

Discard all equipment besides the cognition copier, then take the Silverfish and fly towards SAM-9 at maximum velocity.  If someone else wants to pilot, and drop Wilfred off partway there, they can go right ahead EDIT: If someone else volunteers to be the pilot, Wilfred will fly halfway to SAM, then jump out and get ghosty, allowing the volunteer to try and fly back.  If nobody volunteers, he'll start getting ghosty without slowing down, aiming to crash into SAM with the force of an undead city.

Once dropped off, or after getting at least a mile of distance from the EdPC if he's piloting alone, begin drawing up the power of every last ghost possible.  They ought to be pretty pissed at SAM, really; Wilfred's just going to give everyone some nice unity and direction.  He doesn't have a huge amount of worry what form the ultimate summon takes.  The classic "big boner" would be fine, as long as it's got at least four arms this time, or we could do something cooler, like a whirling hekatonkheires hurricane of arms.  Or maybe a spider made of guns!  Manifesting a nice big cannon to blow off SAM's head and get her attention would be a great opening move.

Point is, make it big, make it killy, and make it have lots of disposable appendages.  Otherwise, ghost democracy, rather than flesh communism.

EDIT2: In the event that the silverfish is too damaged to fly, and can't be repaired... I guess just get out and start running towards SAM (without the hardsuit).  Get Ghosty once a decent distance from the EdPC, with more of a focus on gaining mobility to catch up to SAM.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accomplishments (click to show/hide)

Am I still online? If not, boot the EdPC back up.
Assuming I succeed in regaining control and all system are nominal, then wait for everyone to do their thing. The moment everyone is done doing their thing and I don't have to stick around here, haul ass towards the military base where we originally entered the zone.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)
Wilfred strips down to his robo-birthday suit and climbs into the silverfish. No one else is around to fly it so he is doing this himself. [3,7][9]

The silverfish has a hard time taking off in the turbulent post-nuke winds.  The first attempt ends a few seconds after it begins with the flyer awkwardly thumping back down onto its landing gear after almost being flipped backwards by the wind. Wilfred steadies himself and waits for a lull in the constant gusts. The instant the wind dies down for just a moment he jams the throttle and rises up. The winds, driven by the fires below, are less noticeable at altitude and he doesn't have to worry about being smashed into a building if they catch him wrong. He flies straight towards what he is for some reason internally referring to as "Sam 9"

The thing that was Sam is deceptively large, filling more and more of the windscreen as he pushes the craft forward. His instruments begin to flicker and his eyes shimmer with static as the radiation randomly pings the light detectors. Once he thinks he's far enough away from the already fleeing EdPC, he reaches into the well of occult power within him and pushes it out onto the city. There is death here. Death from that skeleton he released. Death from the Sam incident. Death from the nuke. Old death from the starving times after the disaster zone appeared. Death from violent riots and gang warfare. All of it bubbling up now, roused into action by this new eruption of fatality. Wilfred doesn't try to command it. He doesn't try to shove it towards Sam.  All he does is get the vast ethereal horde's attention, point to Sam, and say "Its her fault".

[4v1]
The countless ghosts do not coalesce into a single form, instead they swirl upwards as a spectral tide and engulf Sam in a swirling whirlpool of ectoplasmic force.  Sam, her flesh still congealing into a more compete body, slowly turns her head to look down at the mob of ghosts. She stares at it as it rolls up her legs like a bladed tornado, tearing the flesh away. And then she opens her mouth. Or rather her entire head seems to unfurl and unhinge, opening into a single giant mouth that literally splits her head in half. A great blaze of light pours from that mouth, after a moment, the cyclone of souls begins to falter. It partially breaks apart as hundred of ghosts are sucked directly into Sam's maw.

Meanwhile, the EdPC is booking it. He's about half way to the military base at this point and not slowing down.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Spooky
« Reply #4287 on: November 09, 2021, 11:05:40 pm »

Smug.

Spoiler: Team Mascot (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 05:19:11 am by Ozarck »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4288 on: November 10, 2021, 04:11:39 am »

"Is it to late to get sent to a different planet to avoid the next few months where Sam eats the planet?"
Sit and wait until I'm needed.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4289 on: November 10, 2021, 05:29:55 am »

If I can contact the military base, warn them we're coming in with the intent of moving out of the exclusion zone and getting out of here.

Either way, keep sending visuals of what's happening up to command.

Should trouble try to catch up to us, use the main cannon to either blast it to pieces, or use a shrieker shell to distract it, whichever seems most appropriate.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 334