Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482827 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Flesh
« Reply #4215 on: October 20, 2021, 03:36:18 pm »

Ring up command and request a heavy bombardment on the site of that growing fleshlight over there. Artillery, orbital, whatever assets they have that can respond right the fuck now.

"Perhaps you should clarify the need for us to be a fair distance away before they begin the strike. The blast radii of nukes are pretty big. Our two miles is not even remotely close to a safe distance."
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4216 on: October 20, 2021, 05:08:35 pm »

Get on the turret and shoot anything non-human that looks like it’s following.

Also contact the military (US and Canadian) and explain the situation (omitting the part about it being one of our teammates) and ask kindly for indirect fire on the bazaar.

Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 06:58:18 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4217 on: October 20, 2021, 08:52:40 pm »

Stay in Chevy, get out of Dodge.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4218 on: October 20, 2021, 11:36:47 pm »

"Yeah, we're getting the hell out of dodge indeed. Those ghost things you can summon, how confident are you in your ability to control them? We don't wanna throw even more fuel on this fire, but we're running out of other options fast.

I'll try to ring us up some conventional heavy fire support, but if that doesn't pan out or it isn't enough then feel free to do what you can."

"Ehh, honestly?  I give it equal odds that I lose control, they do nothing, and that they help.  At least if I try something here.  There's always the option to try and initiate a stage nine catalyzation event right on top of SAM; it should be more reliable to fight fire with fire... but it's pretty much guaranteed I'd die in the process.  And, more importantly, I'd lose this sweet-ass hardsuit!  Soooo I'm gonna wait a minute, see how things are going.  Maybe drop off this suit with you guys, too.  We got any volunteers to fly my naked robot ass back there in the... the hover bug thingy we looted?"

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4219 on: October 21, 2021, 03:47:14 am »

"Yeah, we're getting the hell out of dodge indeed. Those ghost things you can summon, how confident are you in your ability to control them? We don't wanna throw even more fuel on this fire, but we're running out of other options fast.

I'll try to ring us up some conventional heavy fire support, but if that doesn't pan out or it isn't enough then feel free to do what you can."

"Ehh, honestly?  I give it equal odds that I lose control, they do nothing, and that they help.  At least if I try something here.  There's always the option to try and initiate a stage nine catalyzation event right on top of SAM; it should be more reliable to fight fire with fire... but it's pretty much guaranteed I'd die in the process.  And, more importantly, I'd lose this sweet-ass hardsuit!  Soooo I'm gonna wait a minute, see how things are going.  Maybe drop off this suit with you guys, too.  We got any volunteers to fly my naked robot ass back there in the... the hover bug thingy we looted?"

"Hmm, I see. Well, I'm a robot and my original body is lying there doing... whatever it is doing, so worst come to worst I can fly you over.

Also, maaaybe consider leaving your cognition copier behind as well? I dunno what that thing can or can't affect exactly, but at least your last backups are clean right now, but if that field can somehow corrupt the data and then it gets uploaded..."

((Question, what skill/stat did flying that thing take again?))

Ring up command and request a heavy bombardment on the site of that growing fleshlight over there. Artillery, orbital, whatever assets they have that can respond right the fuck now.

"Perhaps you should clarify the need for us to be a fair distance away before they begin the strike. The blast radii of nukes are pretty big. Our two miles is not even remotely close to a safe distance."

"Well, I can try, but let me level with you: if worst comes to worst, I'd prefer getting blown to kingdom come rather than become a part of that. We allowed this to happen, now we gotta deal with it."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4220 on: October 21, 2021, 11:33:48 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
akanorth curses his bad luck.  if the EDPC is being driven towards that interplanar gate-thingy he mans the biggest gun that is not being manned and shoots anything that looks hostile/harmful.  if not, he then boots whoever is driving the EDPC out and drives to the interplanar gate-thingy
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4221 on: October 21, 2021, 03:32:23 pm »

" We allowed this to happen, now we gotta deal with it."

"I know I'm just the wheels of this operation, but I strongly disagree. I didn't allow anything to happen, nobody asked my opinion or permission. The only thing we gotta do right now is get the hell outta here. This shit's crazy man, how did this even happen?!"

akanorth curses his bad luck.  if the EDPC is being driven towards that interplanar gate-thingy he mans the biggest gun that is not being manned and shoots anything that looks hostile/harmful.  if not, he then boots whoever is driving the EDPC out and drives to the interplanar gate-thingy

"Ey, EY, I see you creeping up on the command compartment there! I've got eyes on the inside and can see your every move. I don't know what you want, but I'll remind you that the door to the command compartment is locked specifically because I don't trust you fools. If my driving doesn't please milord somehow, you're free to jump out the back door. That one I did leave unlocked.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4222 on: October 22, 2021, 02:34:54 am »

" We allowed this to happen, now we gotta deal with it."

"I know I'm just the wheels of this operation, but I strongly disagree. I didn't allow anything to happen, nobody asked my opinion or permission. The only thing we gotta do right now is get the hell outta here. This shit's crazy man, how did this even happen?!"
"I also disagree with that as I to had nothing to do with causing this shit show and I'm not attached to Detroit enough to want to save it. What happens in Detroit hopefully stays in Detroit."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4223 on: October 22, 2021, 07:21:55 am »

"Hmm, I see. Well, I'm a robot and my original body is lying there doing... whatever it is doing, so worst come to worst I can fly you over.

Also, maaaybe consider leaving your cognition copier behind as well? I dunno what that thing can or can't affect exactly, but at least your last backups are clean right now, but if that field can somehow corrupt the data and then it gets uploaded..."

((Question, what skill/stat did flying that thing take again?))

((It uses auxil I mean technology, but you only need to roll for extreme/difficult/dangerous movement.  So, might need a roll to escape.))

"Eh?  It can do that?  I'll check the user manual in a min, to be sure.  As for you, Yags, are you sure that'd be worthwhile?  I was thinking of having one of the real mooks who are eager for promotion fly me in.  You, you're actually a loss if you die.  And you don't have a copier.  I could just fly myself in, all we lose in that case is the flying machine."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: MOOK: HONK HONK
« Reply #4224 on: October 22, 2021, 02:09:33 pm »

Seeing the apocalypse on the horizon and the destruction it caused, Baldwin takes out his single demolition charge and recalls a conversation he had with Sam along time ago.
"So this was the choice she made..."
She specifically told him not to put her down if she goes mad, just simply collect the remains after someone else does it, but just look at this! This was too much. It's one thing to see such carnage after it's too late to do anything about it like with the gate. It was a whole nother thing to witness it happening right in front of you. To have known some of the people who are now gone forever, even if only briefly.

Even though he knew it was impossible, Baldwin still couldn't get over the feeling that he should have done something to prevent this. It was too late for that though. All he could do now was send a message.

"Sam, if your radio is still working and you can hear me, then I've got something to say. If you're looking for more flesh to absorb, then the hellgate we saw earlier seems like a good spot to check out.  ;D"

It was painful to pretend that nothing was wrong, that he wasn't disgusted by what he was seeing, but he needed to draw her away from the group. Those red clouds were looking pretty scary.

Compare the rate of expansion of the clouds to the speed of our vehicle. Will we be able to outrun it at our current pace or are we fucked?

Spoiler: Baldwin (click to show/hide)
[5]
You look at the clouds, making rough calculations as they expand outwards. You then scramble up and look at the Speedometer of the EdPC. You count on your fingers. You carry the one....Uh oh.

"Must go faster." You mumble at first, then start shouting. "ED! Faster please! Meat coming!"

"I'm going as fast as I can." Ed says, barreling straight through an abandoned car as though to prove it, "Besides, half the people in here are robots. Maybe more than half. I'm a damn car. If you're still a meat bag its really your own fault."

"OH GOD!"
Curl into a ball on the floor and hope my being a robot protects me from being eaten by the flesh mountain.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
"I'm too devilishly handsome to die! Again!"

You slink into a corner and roll yourself into a ball, hoping the expanding flesh nightmare just overlooks you.

"...Goodbye, Sam.  Our time together was short, but I'll always remember your amusing fleshorror antics.  Fuck Derp..."

Keep flying away from the flesh singularity.  Try to get to and land on the EdPC, and secondarily avoid flesh.  Wilfred is happy he died and became a robot.

Edit: I have a question.  Would it be possible to activate the cognition copier now, then go do a suicidal charge into SAM-9, and still have the backup work normally?  Or does the copier need to be worn at the moment of death?

"Hey, guys?  How are you holding up, what's the gameplan here?  Think there's a path out of this mess... or do we gotta fight a nascent flesh god with a nascent ghost god?  I could try something occult here, but it's a roll of the dice whether it helps us or just absorbs us into boner kaiju V2."

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accomplishments (click to show/hide)
You land atop the EdPC and hang on as it bumps and swerves down the road.

The Cog Copier works continuously, copying your brain (or rather deviations from the previous state) every 30 seconds or so. Its possible to turn it off, to prevent new state uploads if thats what you want. But otherwise it doesn't matter if its completely destroyed or something, there will always be a backup as long as you have it.

Stay in Chevy, get out of Dodge.

We are going to make the assumption that at some point in the past hour or two of meandering that someone attached the Movie The-ate-er to the back of the EdPC and that you (And presumably brain dead Tara) are rattling along behind it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Get on the turret and shoot anything non-human that looks like it’s following.

Also contact the military (US and Canadian) and explain the situation (omitting the part about it being one of our teammates) and ask kindly for indirect fire on the bazaar.

Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
Akanorth and Ji both man turrets and start firing at the distant flesh mass. Nothing is following the EdPC in the most literal sense, except for the expanding red sky. But whatever, putting a few hundred rounds into the expanding flesh thing is probably not a bad idea. Can't hurt anything...other than the flesh thing.

"Hey, guys?  How are you holding up, what's the gameplan here?  Think there's a path out of this mess... or do we gotta fight a nascent flesh god with a nascent ghost god?  I could try something occult here, but it's a roll of the dice whether it helps us or just absorbs us into boner kaiju V2."

If they can't help, ring up the military base commander and request the same. Advise him not to send any soldiers near the thing though, tell them to keep their distance but lob any ordnance they have left at it.

EDIT: to clarify, try to time it so we are out of the blast radius before a strike hits, but if we are about to be overcome by this thing's effect or get caught somehow, blast away.

Either way, while we are driving away, use the main gun if any physical threat closes in on us.

Finally, question: does it seem likely that shrieker rounds would affect/distract this thing?

"Any of you here in EdPC that still have fleshy parts, stow your weapons away in case whatever field that thing is generating reaches us and messes with you. If anything comes at us that can actually be shot at, use the EdPC side guns. "

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Command you have eyes on the current situation right? Could we get a bit of orbital bombardment or something?

OMNI corporation does not have legal jurisdiction within the Detroit containment zone. All actions must be accepted by the US military and local protectorates.  As such orbital bombardment is not legally permissible.

There is a long pause.

On another note, and in the interest of preventing any confusion, an unmanned drone plane carrying a 10 kiloton nuclear weapon is currently in route to the disaster zone. The drone's ID number is HevRad-W993 and passcode is sanitize2295.  If this drone were to crash and detonate in the vicinity of...the former pioneer school for example...it would be advisable to be north of at least Liberty Street. Please keep this in mind.

Shrieker rounds might have an effect. Hard to tell without trying.

"This has gone tits up, REAL BAD."

PW reminder: Just want to remind  you that the door between the crew compartment and the command/driver's compartment of the EdPC is still shut.

Focus on getting us away from SAM. Keep up the pace while avoiding the cracks and fleshy blobs and all the other horrors. Getting us away is priority number 1.

Keep comms open for Yagyu to send his message to command. If I do find a second to breathe, try and send footage and the coordinates of SAM to those drones flying overhead and whatever other recievers are in range, in hopes that any of them feel like doing maybe stopping whatever is happening. Or if not, at least it should make for a good documentary/horror movie.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)
[3]
The EdPC keeps rumbling forwards but as it gets further north, the density of abandoned cars increases. It weaves and wobbles through, smashing some cars aside and dodging past the larger clusters. Doing this slows it considerably, though doesn't stop its advance. Ed doesn't have any time to do anything but focus on what's in front of him.

The Red Sky expands ever further and maybe even faster. Its gaining on the EdPC.  The inhabitants can now see people on the street clearly as the sky overtakes them, their bodies melting out of their clothing like timelapse footage of dissolving snowmen.  The giant thing coming together in the ruins of the bizarre is now over a hundred feet tall. Clearly a pair of legs. And only grown up to the knee.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: (S)ubsume (A)ll (M)eat
« Reply #4225 on: October 22, 2021, 03:48:49 pm »

"Oh shit!

OH SHIT! WE'RE NOT GONNA MAKE IT!"

Baldwin opens a door in the EDPC (I assume it pops open Delorean style) and tries to climb on top of the vehicle so he can crawl into the silverfish and fly it away from here once all the fleshies get on board.

"Wilfred! Lend me a hand! I'm not the most dextrous monkey and us fleshbags need to get in that Silverfish, NOW! The EDPC is a heavily armed, heavily armored juggernaut, while the Silverfish is a speedy lightweight reconnaissance craft. It's got a top speed of 200 mph! If that can't get us out of here, then nothing can!"

As Baldwin climbs, he looks back and sees Bob and Tara sitting in the Chevy being towed by the EDPC.

"I don't think those two are going to make it in without your help Will, but regardless of what you do with them, I'd appreciate if you could lend your suit rockets to give us some extra speed."

Hopefully the combined speed of the silverfish and Wilfred are fast enough to get us out of there now, but even if it isn't, it at least buys us some time. If that is the case though (and I should know due to my calculation from the previous turn), then search through my memory and try to see if I know about any summoning circles that could protect us from evil magics. A circle of holy protection perhaps? Would that even protect us from SAM? If not, try to find the quickest way to make a portal to another dimension, ANY dimension! Could be H.E.L.L for god's sake! Anywhere but here!

EDIT: New action

Spoiler: Baldwin (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 05:56:03 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: HONK HONK
« Reply #4226 on: October 22, 2021, 09:39:31 pm »

We are going to make the assumption that at some point in the past hour or two of meandering that someone attached the Movie The-ate-er to the back of the EdPC and that you (And presumably brain dead Tara) are rattling along behind it.
((this is the most hilarious of cases, and therefore the preferred one. A tentacle wearing, spiderbot controlling crocodile with a mechanical aptitude and a brain-dead bureaucrat rattling along in a Chevrolet modified to be a movie theater, towed behind a sapient APC carrying several robots and some still fleshly beings, trying to outrun the construction of a several hundred meter tall felshmonster in a city dominated by an antireality vortex created by the dreaming mind of a drug addled psychic test subject.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4227 on: October 23, 2021, 12:04:56 am »

"Wilfred! Lend me a hand! I'm not the most dextrous monkey and us fleshbags need to get in that Silverfish, NOW! The EDPC is a heavily armed, heavily armored juggernaut, while the Silverfish is a speedy lightweight reconnaissance craft. It's got a top speed of 200 mph! If that can't get us out of here, then nothing can!"

"Oh, sorry.  I'm a little bit too busy discussing selfishly sacrificing myself to save everyone's lives.  I don't have time to assist with your attempt to heroically abandon everyone here in a blind attempt to save yourself.  Don't worry though; if you steal the flier, I'll make sure to kill you after I get back to base.  Yags, think we should go with ghosty plan, or do you figure the nuke's good enough?"

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4228 on: October 23, 2021, 02:23:26 am »

"Oh, sorry.  I'm a little bit too busy discussing selfishly sacrificing myself to save everyone's lives.  I don't have time to assist with your attempt to heroically abandon everyone here in a blind attempt to save yourself.  Don't worry though; if you steal the flier, I'll make sure to kill you after I get back to base.  Yags, think we should go with ghosty plan, or do you figure the nuke's good enough?"

"If you're mad at me for not volunteering to fly you towards SAM, then I'm sorry, but did you see what happened to those civilians that we drove past? The moment they ended up underneath the cloud, they dissolved as if they were thrown into acid. Being in the sky won't make any difference, I literally can't do what you asked me too!

"Also, are you dense? Do you know why I asked you to help Tara and Bob get into the vehicle? It's because they're way back there! There's no way in hell Bob is going to be able to tightrope walk across the towing cable, and I'd have a good chance of crashing the Silverfish if I flew it so close to the Chevrolet myself. I was hoping you would fly close to them with your jets, pick them up, and load them into the chopper. Those already inside the EDPC would simply climb aboard like I'm currently doing. It's a rescue plan for god's sake!

"The only person being selfish here is you, and I know you were being sarcastic last time, but I'm dead serious. How is this saving our lives? If your trick really does rely on obtaining close proximity to Sam, then by the time you reach her... sorry I mean it, The blast wave would have caught up with us and every non-synthetic person here would be dead. I know this cause I did the math earlier.

"So let go of your martyrdom complex. Our order's from Yagyu are to get out of here, and all you've been doing so far is threatening to hamper our escape attempt. Our incoming nuke will be more than adequate at dealing with that thing so let's start working as a team and make sure all of us can get out of here alive. For one thing, we're going to need to find a way of securing additional personnel to the craft once the cockpit and gunner's seat are full.

"And just so you know, death threats don't work on somebody who is going to die anyway."

((I'm genuinely surprised by your opposition to my actions. Re-reading my previous post, I noticed a small ambiguity that piecewise might decide to run wild with, so I will fix that. Just so others don't think I'm rewriting my entire post, I'll quote the original in a spoiler so people can compare.

Considering the tension of the situation, I think it's natural that our characters will react this extremely, but I get the feeling that if I don't clarify things, the conflict might bleed into OOC. As a player, I don't want Baldwin to die of course, but I've already lost a character before. At the end of the day, it's just a game, even if it is one I really enjoy. As for Baldwin himself, he might be a greedy bastard, but the glory (and salary bonus) of organizing the rescue operation that saves the fleshies will more than make up for the few extra seconds of lost time.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4229 on: October 23, 2021, 02:57:08 am »

((Yes, I can spot the difference, it was the very first thing I looked for.  Your first post very obviously said for Baldwin, alone, to board the silverfish.  No part of your bolded text mentions any of the three other vulnerable characters.  In addition to that, the Silverfish is specifically a twoseater, not a fourseater.  You might be able to argue Dubs into allowing four people onboard, and hoping that doesn't slow it down so much it's slower... but you'd have to, you know, try that.  Boldtext is what matters, and your boldtext was saying to abandon everyone and take a valuable piece of equipment for yourself.

EDIT: I guess I should respond IC too.))

Wilfred loudly sighs over the comms, but offers no more comment.
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 334