Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482809 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: MOOK: Oops
« Reply #4200 on: October 15, 2021, 02:49:55 pm »

Beuuuh. Man the main gun I guess and be ready for shenanigans.

"Guys, if this turns out the way I fear it will we might just have to book it and run. Again. So get your asses in here all quick-like."

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
You, resignedly, man the main gun and get ready for trouble. Again.

"Oh shit, probably better start running."
Grab the first artifact I see, then a knife, machete, assault rifle, and as many handguns as I can grab, then run as fast as I can back to the EDPC.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
[3]
You grab a small ball. It has complex etched designs on the surface and smolders with yellow flames.

Other than that you get a knife, machete, rifle, and 5 handguns. You cradle the whole lot and run off towards the EdPC.

"Oh shit! Not again! I just wanted to relax and watch TV!"

Join the crowd of fleeing onlookers and try to get out of the bizarre and back into the EDPC. Baldwin has never met these maniacs before. He's just another average joe.

Spoiler: Baldwin (click to show/hide)
You return to the EdPC surreptitiously.

"You sure about that, horrifying friend?  I could summon a distraction for you to get away.  Just say the words, Fuck Derp!"

Alright, well, the boss and SAM are saying to just scoot, so... scoot, but don't go beyond the outskirts of the area, and stay away from allies (to reduce teamkilling).  Listen to the radio, and if SAM requests a distraction, summon some ghosts and tell them to go cause chaos in the Bizarre.  Then leave.  If SAM doesn't... just maintain a healthy distance from the Bizarre, and be ready to retreat and rendezvous with the EdPC if things start getting STANy.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accomplishments (click to show/hide)
You run off to the edge of the Bizarre and wait for any kind of indication that a distraction is needed.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
i grabevery artifact i see, an assault rifle and as much ammo as i can carry, a knofe, a machete, and i try get the gun fragile darkness.  then i hoof it to the edpc.   

[2,2,1]
You grab several of what you believe to be artifacts, along with what looks like a rifle, several magazines, a knife, a machete and...well fragile darkness is gone so you don't take that.

You run back to the EdPC and spread your loot out to get a good look at at. This is when you realize that every artifact you grabbed are actually entirely mundane and worthless curios, your rifle is an airsoft gun, your magazines are empty, the knife is actually a switchblade comb, and the machete -which was in a carrying case- is actually a novelty umbrella.

...This is almost inconceivably bad luck. A chance of...1/512. What the hell!

"Hey guys, you should probably grab everything you want and start running. I'm about to [TRANSCEND] here."

SAM will let her healthpacks friends get off the bazaar before opening the box and plopping the untapped [POTENTIAL] into her gullet.

As laser sights begin to line up on your chest and head, you crack open the sealed container and catch the glob of glowing matter as it gets bounced out by the sudden loss of magnetic equilibrium. As your hand closes on it, the glob vanishes in a puff of glowing motes. You hear no voices, no genie asking you for wishes. Instead, time seems to grind to a halt and you see possibilities, possible futures, branching out endlessly in front of you like a fractal fragmentation grenade. They all revolve around you, around things you could do, or things you could become.  Its too much to really fully comprehend. But you can see vague clusters of probability, vague outcomes in certain clumps of timelines. You have to choose which reality to follow, which of the endless parallel worlds to inhabit.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4201 on: October 15, 2021, 03:39:19 pm »

TOOMUCHTOOMUCHTOOMUCH REALITY SPLINTERS UNDER THE HUBRIS OF THE SERPENT AND EDEN SHATTERS

NONONONONONO KEEP IT TOGETHER. GOD IS AT HAND. YOU WORKED TOO HARD FOR THIS. THEY LABELLED YOU A JESTER BUT THEY WERE TOO BLIND TO BEHOLD THE BUDDING DEMIURGE!

That...was unpleasant. Oh well, SAM focuses down onto the paths ahead of her, her will sharpening as she reaches for the possibility of the [SEED OF LIFE] IN [THAT TREE IN THE GARDEN]. That is, she will reject the trappings of the false notion of evolution and become an organism that has no need for others, an [ADAM KADMON] who forsakes the [FRUIT OF KNOWLEDGE]'s gifts and the curse of relationships. 

TLDR: SAM goes full Evangelion and tries to become a Giant Naked Rei, turn people into fanta or have her explode idk

« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 03:42:24 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Spooky
« Reply #4202 on: October 15, 2021, 07:02:42 pm »

"I don't know about you guys, but it kinda feels like time to skedaddle, no?"

Throw this bitch in reverse (figuratively speaking) and get outta here, "here" being wherever SAM is. Just get as much distance between us and here, pronto.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4203 on: October 15, 2021, 08:05:48 pm »

Bob

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4204 on: October 16, 2021, 04:00:18 am »

"That went better than I figured it would."
Find a safe seat in the EDPC and examine the handguns and the rifle I got.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4205 on: October 16, 2021, 06:17:43 am »

Throw this bitch in reverse (figuratively speaking) and get outta here, "here" being wherever SAM is. Just get as much distance between us and here, pronto.

"Couldn't have said it better, Ed-boy. 't is our cue to leave."

If shenanigans come our way with ill intent, give 'em a taste of Big Gun.

If not, just watch the fireworks I suppose?

« Last Edit: October 16, 2021, 06:21:02 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4206 on: October 16, 2021, 11:36:20 pm »

Yeaaah alright, get going and meet up with EdPC.  Or just fly away from the Bizarre.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4207 on: October 19, 2021, 03:16:52 pm »

Bob
"That went better than I figured it would."
Find a safe seat in the EDPC and examine the handguns and the rifle I got.

"Couldn't have said it better, Ed-boy. 't is our cue to leave."

If shenanigans come our way with ill intent, give 'em a taste of Big Gun.

If not, just watch the fireworks I suppose?

Yeaaah alright, get going and meet up with EdPC.  Or just fly away from the Bizarre.

Everyone either piles into the EdPC or is thrown in or flies along side or otherwise follows along. The EdPC hauls ass away from what everyone is pretty sure will be known as "The SAM incident" in the future.

TOOMUCHTOOMUCHTOOMUCH REALITY SPLINTERS UNDER THE HUBRIS OF THE SERPENT AND EDEN SHATTERS

NONONONONONO KEEP IT TOGETHER. GOD IS AT HAND. YOU WORKED TOO HARD FOR THIS. THEY LABELLED YOU A JESTER BUT THEY WERE TOO BLIND TO BEHOLD THE BUDDING DEMIURGE!

That...was unpleasant. Oh well, SAM focuses down onto the paths ahead of her, her will sharpening as she reaches for the possibility of the [SEED OF LIFE] IN [THAT TREE IN THE GARDEN]. That is, she will reject the trappings of the false notion of evolution and become an organism that has no need for others, an [ADAM KADMON] who forsakes the [FRUIT OF KNOWLEDGE]'s gifts and the curse of relationships. 

TLDR: SAM goes full Evangelion and tries to become a Giant Naked Rei, turn people into fanta or have her explode idk

[3]

The EdPC is a good mile or two from the Bizarre when SAM makes her choice. [4] Its just far enough to avoid the initiation ritual. Behind them, the sky turns red and the clouds are blown away in an instant. A scream rings out, loud enough to be heard for hundreds of miles in any direction, and then another noise begins. A thumping, rhythmic and steady, which shakes the earth and sends cracks racing down the asphalt on the road in front of the EdPC. Heavy heartbeats.  In the distance they can see what used to be humans, now reduced to nothing but amorphous flesh, flowing down the streets in a great fleshtone flood. Skin, muscle, bone, all disassociating and yet still alive, churn through alleyways, crush cars, and tear down telephone poles. They flesh is all pouring in towards the former site of the Bizarre. That place is gone now, vanished beneath the combined bulk of all living flesh within an ever expanding radius.   That flesh mass is beginning to form something, building bone and artery upwards like a sky scraper's frame. And the red sky is expanding.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: HONK HONK
« Reply #4208 on: October 19, 2021, 04:35:35 pm »

Seeing the apocalypse on the horizon and the destruction it caused, Baldwin takes out his single demolition charge and recalls a conversation he had with Sam along time ago.
"So this was the choice she made..."
She specifically told him not to put her down if she goes mad, just simply collect the remains after someone else does it, but just look at this! This was too much. It's one thing to see such carnage after it's too late to do anything about it like with the gate. It was a whole nother thing to witness it happening right in front of you. To have known some of the people who are now gone forever, even if only briefly.

Even though he knew it was impossible, Baldwin still couldn't get over the feeling that he should have done something to prevent this. It was too late for that though. All he could do now was send a message.

"Sam, if your radio is still working and you can hear me, then I've got something to say. If you're looking for more flesh to absorb, then the hellgate we saw earlier seems like a good spot to check out.  ;D"

It was painful to pretend that nothing was wrong, that he wasn't disgusted by what he was seeing, but he needed to draw her away from the group. Those red clouds were looking pretty scary.

Compare the rate of expansion of the clouds to the speed of our vehicle. Will we be able to outrun it at our current pace or are we fucked?

Spoiler: Baldwin (click to show/hide)
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Flesh
« Reply #4209 on: October 19, 2021, 04:44:47 pm »

DOES A TRACE OF THE MORTAL STILL REMAIN? PERHAPS A CAGED FRAGMENT, TRAPPED AND SENT INTO SODOM? NO MATTER. SINGULARITY IS HERE...

CONSUME

Spoiler: "SAM" (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2021, 04:53:24 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #4210 on: October 19, 2021, 04:46:10 pm »

PTW
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4211 on: October 20, 2021, 03:17:05 am »

"OH GOD!"
Curl into a ball on the floor and hope my being a robot protects me from being eaten by the flesh mountain.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4212 on: October 20, 2021, 03:43:05 am »

"...Goodbye, Sam.  Our time together was short, but I'll always remember your amusing fleshorror antics.  Fuck Derp..."

Keep flying away from the flesh singularity.  Try to get to and land on the EdPC, and secondarily avoid flesh.  Wilfred is happy he died and became a robot.

Edit: I have a question.  Would it be possible to activate the cognition copier now, then go do a suicidal charge into SAM-9, and still have the backup work normally?  Or does the copier need to be worn at the moment of death?

"Hey, guys?  How are you holding up, what's the gameplan here?  Think there's a path out of this mess... or do we gotta fight a nascent flesh god with a nascent ghost god?  I could try something occult here, but it's a roll of the dice whether it helps us or just absorbs us into boner kaiju V2."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4213 on: October 20, 2021, 07:30:47 am »

"Hey, guys?  How are you holding up, what's the gameplan here?  Think there's a path out of this mess... or do we gotta fight a nascent flesh god with a nascent ghost god?  I could try something occult here, but it's a roll of the dice whether it helps us or just absorbs us into boner kaiju V2."

"Yeah, we're getting the hell out of dodge indeed. Those ghost things you can summon, how confident are you in your ability to control them? We don't wanna throw even more fuel on this fire, but we're running out of other options fast.

I'll try to ring us up some conventional heavy fire support, but if that doesn't pan out or it isn't enough then feel free to do what you can."

Ring up command and request a heavy bombardment on the site of that growing fleshlight over there. Artillery, orbital, whatever assets they have that can respond right the fuck now.

If they can't help, ring up the military base commander and request the same. Advise him not to send any soldiers near the thing though, tell them to keep their distance but lob any ordnance they have left at it.

EDIT: to clarify, try to time it so we are out of the blast radius before a strike hits, but if we are about to be overcome by this thing's effect or get caught somehow, blast away.

Either way, while we are driving away, use the main gun if any physical threat closes in on us.

Finally, question: does it seem likely that shrieker rounds would affect/distract this thing?

"Any of you here in EdPC that still have fleshy parts, stow your weapons away in case whatever field that thing is generating reaches us and messes with you. If anything comes at us that can actually be shot at, use the EdPC side guns. "

« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 03:53:11 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4214 on: October 20, 2021, 03:23:03 pm »

"This has gone tits up, REAL BAD."

PW reminder: Just want to remind  you that the door between the crew compartment and the command/driver's compartment of the EdPC is still shut.

Focus on getting us away from SAM. Keep up the pace while avoiding the cracks and fleshy blobs and all the other horrors. Getting us away is priority number 1.

Keep comms open for Yagyu to send his message to command. If I do find a second to breathe, try and send footage and the coordinates of SAM to those drones flying overhead and whatever other recievers are in range, in hopes that any of them feel like doing maybe stopping whatever is happening. Or if not, at least it should make for a good documentary/horror movie.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 03:33:16 pm by Pancaek »
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 334