Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482868 times)

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Oops
« Reply #4185 on: October 09, 2021, 02:34:55 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
akanorth asks Wilfred to buy him the untapped potential, promising to pay him back 150% at the earliest opportunity.
this good?
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Spooky
« Reply #4186 on: October 09, 2021, 03:56:51 pm »

>The gun, "Fragile Darkness"

((The gun costs a million megabucks. I know this because I looked at it first a long time ago, assuming we're talking about the same darkness gun. You only have 50'000. You can't afford it, no one can. You can only pay off 5% of it's cost right now.

I assume the other artifacts are in a similar price point. That's why I was so obsessed in getting my own, because then I'd be able to exchange it for something more useful.

It's not too late to go on that trip btw. Now that you know how much one of these artifacts can be worth, perhaps you've reconsidered. ))
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4187 on: October 10, 2021, 12:38:06 am »

(I would join on the trip for the artifact if I could get some of the money once it's sold.)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4188 on: October 10, 2021, 01:01:10 am »

Reasonable, anyone willing to risk their lives once the mission is over deserves to be compensated for it. You never know what's around the corner after all.

Spoiler: Old action, don’t do (click to show/hide)

Try to see if I can find a TV with cable. Watch the battle royals thing, see if there’s any cameras near the place in the note.

Spoiler: Baldwin (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2021, 01:49:17 am by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4189 on: October 10, 2021, 01:38:43 am »

((personally I'd like to wrap this mission up. it's dragged on a bit long, and these wild goose chases are probably not going to yield enough to be worth the team's time and effort. Oh sure, one or two characters might profit from it, but I think by and large the group will not. We're already pretty banged up (literally) as is.))

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4190 on: October 10, 2021, 01:47:10 am »

(( I want to too honestly. My previous character that I made a couple of years ago was killed by this exact kind of thing. I guess I’m just bad at restraining myself.

I want to see what the place looks like at least, but if I’m not going to act on it regardless then it probably isn’t wise to waste people’s time))

I’ll change my action

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4191 on: October 10, 2021, 03:24:13 am »

(Yeah probably best to leave, curiosity killed me at the end of a mission a while back, and I've already died once this mission.)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4192 on: October 13, 2021, 05:54:34 pm »

"...Evolution requires adversity -- we, as a species, need conflict in order to advance both scientifically and spiritually. World Wars One through Eight, the Screamer Conflicts on Jupiter, the Neo-Neo-Detroit mutant uprisings, those scenarios claimed an untold amount of lives and yet they allowed us to become more...as of now, I stand on the first step of a long stairway, and I too need conflict to begin my climb. So, what I'm getting at..."

SAM stretches her neck, her face blooming like a flower of teeth, like some sort of [DND NPC STARRING IN HIT STREAMING SHOW]. Her fingers slowly reach for the magnetic box.

"The fucking potential, give it to me. Pretty please? I did help you all a lot. I'll even give you half my cut. Just don't let this get violent [HOLOLIVE YAGOO]"

SAM will ask nicely for the potential so she can eat it and become [GOD]. She's being very polite right now, she'll even let the others get away in case her [TRANSCENDENCE] ends up levelling the city in a shower of biomass.

[6]
The seller responds to this by immediately screaming and running away. This causes people to turn and see the horrible flesh monster and in turn start screaming and running away.  The situation cascades rather quickly and soon all the sellers are running away from you while the guards are running in and pointing their rifles down from the roof tops. You carefully pick up the box and start backing up slowly. No one shoots...yet.

Since I can't help out here much with the bartering, just go sit inside EdPC and take a look at that torso. Does it seem like they could salvage (some of) it?

Also look whether OMNI has insurance policies for possessions. Like how much would it cost to insure a body, or a weapon, or a whole inventory?

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Its pretty battered, but you notice something odd. It appears to be growing. From the snapped off base of the spine you can see little threads of metal forming. Seems like it might be regenerating?

They do! It would cost 1/10th the price of the item per mission, to a max of 100 Omni.

"As much as I'd like to buy a human I can not as I'm pretty sure the boss said no pets, and that's a shame as I would have taken real good care of it."
See what kind of weapons are for sale, then go find out what if any artifacts I could afford, and what kind of monster parts there are.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
Currently the sellers seem to be running and the guards seem distracted so...If you wanna steal, now is the time. As per artifacts, I can roll you a random one or you can choose from the ones I gave Wilfred.  Weapons are...well just about anything civilian really. No lasers or hightech bullshit but there's plenty of RPGs, rifles, handguns, machetes, etc. Monster parts are...well thats hard to describe. There are big arrays of Styrofoam coolers full of ice with all sorts of bizarre guts and limbs stuck in them. You don't recognize most of the organs and meat, but some are clearly eyes, limbs, etc.

Buy as many of these as possible, in the following order of priority, if any are affordable:

>The gun, "Fragile Darkness"
>The rock which seems to nullify gravity within a 10 ft radius.
>The swirling fist sized clump of light contained in some sort of magnetic box. Said to be able to be "Untapped potential"

If a teammate can buy/consume/steal one of these instead, let them have dibs.  If Wilfred wouldn't need to sell his grenades to afford everything he can buy, then don't sell the grenades.  If none of these are worth less than 50k megabucks, don't sell anything.

Any spare megabucks will go towards explosives.  After that, I'm done.  Do not donate the untapped potential to anyone, I'll figure out who gets it based off of how much they bribe me personal bias !!fun!! how much they bribe me.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accomplishments (click to show/hide)
[3]
As everyone scatters and the guns turn towards SAM, Wilfred very calmly walks over to the case containing Fragile Darkness, snaps the lock between his giant metal fingers, and opens the case. He reaches very delicately in, picks up the gun, and then places it in his bag. He closes the door, turns, and walks away from the case, whistling metallically. No one seems to have noticed.

Reasonable, anyone willing to risk their lives once the mission is over deserves to be compensated for it. You never know what's around the corner after all.

Spoiler: Old action, don’t do (click to show/hide)

Try to see if I can find a TV with cable. Watch the battle royals thing, see if there’s any cameras near the place in the note.

[2]
You walk over to an old CRT TV that someone has balanced on the fountain in the middle of the campus, long cords running to it from somewhere inside one of the buildings. You start flipping through the channels with a clicky dial. You've just got to what looks like- through the static- an video feed of somewhere in the disaster area when all the screaming starts. In the panic someone trips over the TV cables and the set falls straight into the fountain. It stays on for a half second and then blinks out with a crackle.

"Well ain't that just the way."

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4193 on: October 13, 2021, 06:10:51 pm »

"Hey guys, you should probably grab everything you want and start running. I'm about to [TRANSCEND] here."

SAM will let her healthpacks friends get off the bazaar before opening the box and plopping the untapped [POTENTIAL] into her gullet.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 06:12:33 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4194 on: October 13, 2021, 06:38:06 pm »

"Oh shit! Not again! I just wanted to relax and watch TV!"

Join the crowd of fleeing onlookers and try to get out of the bizarre and back into the EDPC. Baldwin has never met these maniacs before. He's just another average joe.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4195 on: October 13, 2021, 09:59:58 pm »

Stay in the EdPC
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4196 on: October 14, 2021, 03:36:52 am »

Beuuuh. Man the main gun I guess and be ready for shenanigans.

"Guys, if this turns out the way I fear it will we might just have to book it and run. Again. So get your asses in here all quick-like."

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 03:50:42 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4197 on: October 14, 2021, 04:02:38 am »

"Oh shit, probably better start running."
Grab the first artifact I see, then a knife, machete, assault rifle, and as many handguns as I can grab, then run as fast as I can back to the EDPC.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Spooky
« Reply #4198 on: October 14, 2021, 07:05:30 am »

"You sure about that, horrifying friend?  I could summon a distraction for you to get away.  Just say the words, Fuck Derp!"

Alright, well, the boss and SAM are saying to just scoot, so... scoot, but don't go beyond the outskirts of the area, and stay away from allies (to reduce teamkilling).  Listen to the radio, and if SAM requests a distraction, summon some ghosts and tell them to go cause chaos in the Bizarre.  Then leave.  If SAM doesn't... just maintain a healthy distance from the Bizarre, and be ready to retreat and rendezvous with the EdPC if things start getting STANy.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accomplishments (click to show/hide)

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4199 on: October 14, 2021, 06:01:09 pm »

i grabevery artifact i see, an assault rifle and as much ammo as i can carry, a knofe, a machete, and i try get the gun fragile darkness.  then i hoof it to the edpc.   
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 334