Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 481793 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: MOOK: Spooky
« Reply #4170 on: October 04, 2021, 08:25:26 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
akanorth reviews the info he gained
[1]
Doing this with a d4 in knowledge is probably going to be a difficult endeavor. Also, I pretty much already told you how to do it a while back. If you wanna get weird, get weird stuff or interact with weird stuff. Wilfred talked to an alien god, then he got the ability to summon ghosts.

"Hey Sammy boy, where did you put that chunk of, uh, me exactly?

So, seems like the boffins up top are happy with what we got. Ya'll wanna call it a day, or keep going for maybe some extra pay? Personally I'm fine with just getting out of here, I don't think anything else we find is gonna radically change what we found already. Let's quit while we're ahead, so to speak."

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
"Chill out Yak, I got your torso right here. I could fix it up for ya if you'd like, I have a bachelor in BioMechiology in you know? As for leaving...eh, whatever you guys want, I'm basically immortal, unlike you. Maybe you should stop buying shoddy Auditor bodies and become a Flesh Horror you know?"

Give Yag his Auditor onahole back

You toss the chunk o'alien junk back to Yaggie.

Reconvene with the Mooks. Loot check on that Ed 209? Did it come along? I'm good either way, but it'd be pretty funny if it did.

Spoiler: The MOOKiest (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Team Mascot (click to show/hide)
We'll assume you and the brain dead lass reconnect with the rest of the crew. As per if the bot came with you...I'm gonna say no. The people in that alternate reality would like to keep it and you needed their help to get back so I'd assume they wouldn't help you if you didn't give it back.

"Hey Sammy boy, where did you put that chunk of, uh, me exactly?

So, seems like the boffins up top are happy with what we got. Ya'll wanna call it a day, or keep going for maybe some extra pay? Personally I'm fine with just getting out of here, I don't think anything else we find is gonna radically change what we found already. Let's quit while we're ahead, so to speak."

Since nobody seems to object, we'll go with the plan: wait and lay low for a while until things have settled down after skele-kaiju, then visit the bizarre so people can do whatever last minute buying or selling they want to do.

Well, we're already sitting outside the Bizarre so its nothing but a matter of time. It takes about a day for the people to unclench their butts, do some looking around to make sure hordes of displaced psychopaths aren't running this way, and eventually start setting stuff back up. Within 36 hours the doors of the Bizarre re-open, though this time under considerably heavier guard.

During this time you keep track of the state of the city through comm chatter and drone footage. Apparently the Skelekaiju has ripped a path of destruction from its birth place to the old farmer's commune, mostly following the river. The result is that the power structures of the city, the various warlord groups that held control of the river and thus the rest of the population, is entirely in chaos. Most have been wiped out or scattered, and the population is engaged in bloody conflict and civil war as they try to establish a new pecking order. Luckily most of that seems concentrated to the river area, so its actually even quieter out here than before. Metaphorically of course. It sounds like a giant popcorn machine is going somewhere up north with all the gunfire, but no roving gangs are making their way down here. Not yet.

The military attacked when the Skelekaiju looked to be heading for the barrier wall but have since pulled back and are focusing only on holding the barrier and the base.

It still seems that no one is sure where the Skelekaiju came from and they're blaming it on the area, not any individuals. Phew.   

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Oops
« Reply #4171 on: October 04, 2021, 09:57:55 am »

"All right gang, do what you gotta do, but don't take forever to do it, I'd prefer to leave this hellhole of a city as soon as we can. Also play nice with the locals, and if anybody asks, no we don't know what that giant skeleton was all about. Ya dig? Cool."

Since I have nothing to barter with anymore now that the ol' inventory went kablooie, just contact the military and start arranging for our exit out of this zone, get all the paperwork done and t's crossed and i's dotted and whatnot.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4172 on: October 04, 2021, 03:02:38 pm »

"All right gang, do what you gotta do, but don't take forever to do it, I'd prefer to leave this hellhole of a city as soon as we can. Also play nice with the locals, and if anybody asks, no we don't know what that giant skeleton was all about. Ya dig? Cool."
Bob

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4173 on: October 05, 2021, 02:47:12 am »

"I'm gonna buy some stuff!"
Go to the bizarre and buy a laptop, smartphone, flashlight, and another rocket for my launcher, then see what the remainder of my Megabucks can get me.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4174 on: October 05, 2021, 07:03:06 am »

Bob

"Oh hey, you guys made it back from... wherever you were. Did you have fun? You look like you had fun. Don't have any snacks anymore though, they all got exploded."
« Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 01:06:18 pm by Radio Controlled »

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4175 on: October 05, 2021, 11:20:48 am »

Akanorth starts poking people with his null-rod.
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4176 on: October 06, 2021, 03:08:31 pm »

Wait for the group to disembark
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4177 on: October 07, 2021, 01:04:58 pm »

Enter Bizarre.  Don't give them Wilfred's own guns, leave those in the APC.  Look around for neat artifacts that do cool/interest/dangerous things.  Stuff that should safe enough to handle, but has some utility or is just really weird and neat.

Try to find buyers for the pistol, Smiles rifles, grenades, rocket launcher, and anomaly detection watch.  I'd prefer to be able to see prices, and choose what to sell and what to buy, but if you want to handle this quickly just sell all of it and give me artifax.

...Also any teammates willing to buy those for basically whatever price can have dibs.  Wilfred might slap them if their offer is a scam, but he'll save that for later, once we get home.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accomplishments (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4178 on: October 07, 2021, 05:10:56 pm »

Since I have nothing to barter with anymore now that the ol' inventory went kablooie, just contact the military and start arranging for our exit out of this zone, get all the paperwork done and t's crossed and i's dotted and whatnot.

You let the military know you and your party van will be coming out of the disaster zone soon.  Its a good thing you started early since they seem...well a bit on edge. You spend the next hour or so on the radio explaining yourself, lying about certain aspects of your actions, and of course denying all knowledge of the giant skeleton.

"I'm gonna buy some stuff!"
Go to the bizarre and buy a laptop, smartphone, flashlight, and another rocket for my launcher, then see what the remainder of my Megabucks can get me.
Laptop and smartphone are cheap, loads of them laying around out in the ruins so they literally have sacks of the things.  Flashlight is actually more expensive, and the rocket is the most expensive. You end up with 6000 megabucks in the end. As per what you can buy with them...I mean that's a broad question. Do you want weapons? Artifacts? Drugs? Humans? Monster parts?  Its all for sale.

Akanorth starts poking people with his null-rod.
If you wanted to get occulty, the Bizarre has lots of artifacts for trade or purchase.

Wait for the group to disembark

ZZZZZZ

Enter Bizarre.  Don't give them Wilfred's own guns, leave those in the APC.  Look around for neat artifacts that do cool/interest/dangerous things.  Stuff that should safe enough to handle, but has some utility or is just really weird and neat.

Try to find buyers for the pistol, Smiles rifles, grenades, rocket launcher, and anomaly detection watch.  I'd prefer to be able to see prices, and choose what to sell and what to buy, but if you want to handle this quickly just sell all of it and give me artifax.

...Also any teammates willing to buy those for basically whatever price can have dibs.  Wilfred might slap them if their offer is a scam, but he'll save that for later, once we get home.

The gun, "Fragile Darkness" seems like the most stable of the murderous artifacts, judging by sellers descriptions. As per other artifacts, thats somewhat hard to say. Most sellers won't let you handle the merch and just tell you what it does. They might be lying, or might be mistaken.  The ones that stand out are
1. A rock which seems to nullify gravity within a 10 ft radius. Its chained to the ground and hovering around like a balloon.
2. A compact mirror which seems to show events in the future. The length of time into the future seems to shuffle every time its closed and reopened.
3. Dream book. Looks like a normal book but seems somewhat unstable. Its colors and exact details shift constantly, usually when you're not looking, and the text on the spine and in the book itself is sort of hazy or garbled. You can't read it. Probably limited use but weird.
4.  A glass jar that contains a fragment of metal. Sometimes. The fragment is only there some of the time. Some of the time the jar is empty. What the fragment does, the seller isn't sure, other than that it sometimes isn't there.
5. A swirling fist sized clump of light contained in some sort of magnetic box. Said to be able to be "Untapped potential"

So the max you can get for the rifles, pistol, grenades, launcher and watch, all together, is about 50,000 Megabucks.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4179 on: October 07, 2021, 05:37:49 pm »

"...Evolution requires adversity -- we, as a species, need conflict in order to advance both scientifically and spiritually. World Wars One through Eight, the Screamer Conflicts on Jupiter, the Neo-Neo-Detroit mutant uprisings, those scenarios claimed an untold amount of lives and yet they allowed us to become more...as of now, I stand on the first step of a long stairway, and I too need conflict to begin my climb. So, what I'm getting at..."

SAM stretches her neck, her face blooming like a flower of teeth, like some sort of [DND NPC STARRING IN HIT STREAMING SHOW]. Her fingers slowly reach for the magnetic box.

"The fucking potential, give it to me. Pretty please? I did help you all a lot. I'll even give you half my cut. Just don't let this get violent [HOLOLIVE YAGOO]"

SAM will ask nicely for the potential so she can eat it and become [GOD]. She's being very polite right now, she'll even let the others get away in case her [TRANSCENDENCE] ends up levelling the city in a shower of biomass.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 05:42:32 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4180 on: October 07, 2021, 06:41:40 pm »

((similarly, Bob will eat the dream book and the floating rock. I don't know why, or what this will do.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4181 on: October 08, 2021, 04:14:22 am »

Since I can't help out here much with the bartering, just go sit inside EdPC and take a look at that torso. Does it seem like they could salvage (some of) it?

Also look whether OMNI has insurance policies for possessions. Like how much would it cost to insure a body, or a weapon, or a whole inventory?

« Last Edit: October 08, 2021, 04:19:38 am by Radio Controlled »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4182 on: October 08, 2021, 04:16:34 am »

"As much as I'd like to buy a human I can not as I'm pretty sure the boss said no pets, and that's a shame as I would have taken real good care of it."
See what kind of weapons are for sale, then go find out what if any artifacts I could afford, and what kind of monster parts there are.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4183 on: October 09, 2021, 09:47:30 am »

akanorth leaves with the rest of the team.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2021, 08:37:11 am by BlackPaladin99 »
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4184 on: October 09, 2021, 10:45:56 am »

Buy as many of these as possible, in the following order of priority, if any are affordable:

>The gun, "Fragile Darkness"
>The rock which seems to nullify gravity within a 10 ft radius.
>The swirling fist sized clump of light contained in some sort of magnetic box. Said to be able to be "Untapped potential"

If a teammate can buy/consume/steal one of these instead, let them have dibs.  If Wilfred wouldn't need to sell his grenades to afford everything he can buy, then don't sell the grenades.  If none of these are worth less than 50k megabucks, don't sell anything.

Any spare megabucks will go towards explosives.  After that, I'm done.  Do not donate the untapped potential to anyone, I'll figure out who gets it based off of how much they bribe me personal bias !!fun!! how much they bribe me.

Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 334