Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 481889 times)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Spooky
« Reply #4065 on: August 24, 2021, 01:47:45 pm »

Go try to salvage some of the guns off the turrets, and any ammo they had.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4066 on: August 24, 2021, 08:48:57 pm »

Bob begins gurgling at Tara and nudges her toward the Chevrolet Movie Theater. These corpses, oddly enough, don't feel very snack-like. He'll stick around though, if she insists on pursuing this course of action.

This is not an action post, but an RP post.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4067 on: August 24, 2021, 09:01:55 pm »

I’m going to try freeing them, this will require breaking the gate. Unfortunately most if not all of the things I have are close range except for the rifle, which probably won’t do it on its own. I’m going to try finding wires to connect them to the gate and ground to hopefully help with energy dispersal She says this while examining her items

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4068 on: August 25, 2021, 06:12:06 am »

((You could try ramming the gate, NG.  A speeding vehicle has several hundred times the kinetic energy of a bullet.  :)  ))

"Uh, we were here to get info off the computers?  I... fuck Derp... I thought... Ugh.  Maybe something might still be salvagable?  I mean, it'd be really stupid to have the important files on an externally accessible network.  If that were the case I could've just, uh... taken them directly..."

"...Yeah, I fucked up.  At least we don't have to worry about the turrets?"

Get out and follow Yagyu.  Assist him, and also shoot anything hostile.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accomplishments (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4069 on: August 25, 2021, 06:17:22 am »

"Well that went smoother than I thought it would."
Go examine one of the broken turrets and see if I can't get a free gun from it.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4070 on: August 25, 2021, 07:20:23 am »

"Uh, we were here to get info off the computers?  I... fuck Derp... I thought... Ugh.  Maybe something might still be salvagable?  I mean, it'd be really stupid to have the important files on an externally accessible network.  If that were the case I could've just, uh... taken them directly..."

"Hmm, that is a good point actually, if they were halfway competent they will have airgapped any sensitive info. We'll find out soon enough, maybe they still kept hardcopies as well.

And yeah, those turrets could have been bad for the more squishy among us, good job on those. "

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4071 on: August 25, 2021, 07:43:02 am »

Spool up whatever movie I happened to loot for the theater, and watch that as Tara prepares an acute, rapid, energy dispersal at a magnitude a tad higher than the one she is expecting. Keep an occasional eye out for anything else that is trying to kill her before she does.

Spoiler: Team Mascot (click to show/hide)

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4072 on: August 25, 2021, 01:14:29 pm »

"Hopefully they left a convenient journal in there. Otherwise, someone here is gonna have to learn Cybernecromancy and let me tell you, the tuition fee for that one is insane."

SAM will follow along with Yags and Wonkerfen into the building.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4073 on: September 02, 2021, 03:08:28 pm »

akanorth examines the building for anything weird and stealthily tries to effect an entrance
((OOC: how did what’s-his-name summon the skeletal kaiju?  I didn’t really get that.))
((Wilfred got that specific power in a different mission. Its something specific to him.)

[4]
Akanorth "stealthily" walks up to the front loading door and proceeds to pry and smash it open with a chunk of metal he found nearby.  He succeeds on opening a small hole just big enough for a normal man to squeeze through.

See if this building has some kind of security or camera system or something similar I can tap in to. If not, just keep an eye on the perimeter and alert my teammates if anything approaches.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)
It definitely had those things. Once, in the deep past of a few minutes ago before Wil literally melted them all. Those cameras up there might as well be decorative christmas ornements for all the use they are now.  Let alone their servers and memory banks.

"Wilfred, if you just erased and burned down the data we needed I'm making you summon the computer ghosts and extracting the data by hand. With a magnet."

Those hatches are now leaking a small amount of smoke and a few have ejected limp machinegun turrets. These turrets are, at worst, slowly rotating, but most are just still. One is already on fire. Cool.

"... But, well, the defenses sure are taken care of. Win some, lose some I suppose."

Barring cutting a hole in the wall the number of ways in seems quite low.

Welp, so that happened. But sure, let's do this: blast a hole in a wall using the pulse laser. Go for a corner of the building, and stand to the side so that if the laser overpenetrates it is aimed into the ground and away from the interior of the building. Something like this:
_____|

If that worked, crawl inside and look around.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Not sure this is nessicary after akanortrh opened that door in the most blunt force trauma way possible but whatever, lets do it anyways.
[9]
Damn, so close to hacking your teammates apart. Ah well. You use your laser to cleave the corner of the builidng off. The big block of concrete slides off and lands on the ground with a tremendous thud. Please stay tuned for the going inside part.

((You could try ramming the gate, NG.  A speeding vehicle has several hundred times the kinetic energy of a bullet.  :)  ))

Get out and follow Yagyu.  Assist him, and also shoot anything hostile.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accomplishments (click to show/hide)
"Hopefully they left a convenient journal in there. Otherwise, someone here is gonna have to learn Cybernecromancy and let me tell you, the tuition fee for that one is insane."

SAM will follow along with Yags and Wonkerfen into the building.

And now back to your regularly scheduled breaking and entering.

The shorehouse looks exactly like a storehouse inside. Its big, pitch black because of the lack of lighting, and filled with boxes. Big metal boxes, smaller metal boxes, wooden crates, plastic wrapped pallets, and metal drums.
[1,1,1]  (This was a 1/160 chance, god damn it)

A series of events occurs. Maybe someone lights up a flare to look around and comically shines it onto a box labeled "AMMONIUM NITRATE". Maybe someone accidently activates a booby trap placed on some highly sensitive material. Maybe someone kicks over a drum of crude oil and throws a lit match into it because fuck it.

Maybe all three of these things happen at exactly the same time.  The result of whatever hazy actions occured is the same regardless of cause: The warehouse blows up. There isn't "an explosion in the warehouse".  The warehouse blows up. THE. WAREHOUSE. BLOWS. UP.
[5]
LUCKILY, before the insuations of nuke doors start flying, it doesn't blow up all at once. The first blast is relatively contained.

[18v8,17v14,2v1]
The first blast blows the roof off half the building and sends a jet of flame 120 feet into the air. It shatters every not shattered window within a radius of over a mile, and it sends the south facing half of the building across the road at mach 3 and into the buildings on the other side. Sam, like a small dog thrown from a fatal car accident only to land unharmed in a bush manages to escape with only minor burns. Yes, she ends up in a tree three blocks away but she is mostly fine. Wilfred follows the south wall into the buildings on the other side of the road and literally cannon balls through at least a half dozen small businesses before coming to a rest. The big heavily armored core of the hardsuit is ok, but the right arm has been torn straight off leaving a mechanically gorey stump and the right leg is badly crushed from about the mid shin down.  And Yagyu, proving that money and reverse engineered demonic hypertech can't buy happiness, is blown into several dozen very expensive chunks. His cog copier duplicates his mind only seconds before and pulses the data up to the omniscient network before his body is reduced to shrapnel.

"Well that went smoother than I thought it would."
Go examine one of the broken turrets and see if I can't get a free gun from it.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
You do get a gun! Its effectively identical to one of the containment turrets in the armory, but with d8 ammo and no ability to reload. Its big, its heavy, its deadly, and you're gonna fucking die if you don't run!

Everyone at the warehouse but not IN the warehouse is knocked flat on their ass by the explosion. If they still have organic ears, they are now deaf. If they still have an organic ass, they are probably shitting themselves. I SUGGEST DE-ASSING THE AREA WITH THE QUICKNESS LEST THIS TURN INTO A LONG FORM NUKE DOOR SITUATION.

Spool up whatever movie I happened to loot for the theater, and watch that as Tara prepares an acute, rapid, energy dispersal at a magnitude a tad higher than the one she is expecting. Keep an occasional eye out for anything else that is trying to kill her before she does.

Spoiler: Team Mascot (click to show/hide)
You start watching a movie about a volcano or something. Somewhere several blocks away a building explodes and shatters all the windows on the movie theater. Wow, these are good special effects!

Use any knowledge of electronics to find out which things I have would hold the most energy, meanwhile, look around for wires I can connect to the gate and the ground to help with energy dispersal
I like how you see a giant occult gateway and think "This totally follows the same rules as basic electronics!"

Who knows, it might.
[3]
Nope. It does not. But attaching wires to the corpses and attempting to ground them does at least show you this is not the case without immediately vaporizing you or sending you to HELL or something.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4074 on: September 02, 2021, 03:26:34 pm »

What happened to the guys who remained inside the EDPC and didn't venture out? Are we also deaf?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4075 on: September 02, 2021, 04:08:27 pm »

Akanorth gets inside the van as fast as possible, and puts pedal to the metal as he goes to join the guy in the movie theater.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 07:00:44 pm by BlackPaladin99 »
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4076 on: September 02, 2021, 04:24:57 pm »

((I have like average occult and tech, not good at either, will think of an action soon))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4077 on: September 02, 2021, 04:46:20 pm »

((BP, you should update your status to "deaf."))

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4078 on: September 02, 2021, 05:22:34 pm »

"MY EARSDRUMS-Wait, I can regrow them...Well there goes Yak, this just goes to show they don't buld alien deamontech like they used to. I swear it all went wrong when they outsourced to Mars.

SAM grabs the remaning bits of Yak in case the crew can staple him bacm together and skiddadle into the EDPC.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4079 on: September 02, 2021, 08:16:57 pm »

Run like the dickens! Get inside the EPC.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 334