Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482084 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: MOOK: Spooky
« Reply #3960 on: August 03, 2021, 09:11:07 pm »

VERY BUSY RIGHT NOW BUT WANT TO KEEP THINGS GOING POST TRUNCATED AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Time to get big. SAM will eat whatever's left of the crew's MEAT like a muckbang youtuber eats away the pain of their existence

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

+3 meat.

Bob gurgles at Tara and gives her a big, toothy grin. he then starts looking around for moar car! The bigger the better! A box truck even. Heck, a semi with trailer would work.
Find Moar Car! find the biggest salvageable vehicle available. We gonna get this theater mobile.

Spoiler: Team Mascot (click to show/hide)

Bob gurgles at Tara and gives her a big, toothy grin. he then starts looking around for moar car! The bigger the better! A box truck even. Heck, a semi with trailer would work.
Find Moar Car! find the biggest salvageable vehicle available. We gonna get this theater mobile.

Assist Bob with this task. When finding a larger vehicle, commence the loading of the items we looted
[2]
NO CAR FOR YOU. Or truck. Or aircraft carrier. Or other thing to stick movie stuff into.

"Huh.  Guess I should've realized that fleeing cowards would run from a fight."  Wilfred shrugs.  "Hey Richard, how are you doing?  Saw the car do a few flips."

Head over to SAM and check the vehicle.  Any lootable guns?  Maybe that rocket launcher?  And is the vehicle still in working order?  I know it flipped, but Wilfred's in a hardsuit and maybe it's tough.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accomplishments (click to show/hide)
Rocket launcher yes. 3 d6 rifles yes. 3 grenades yes. Car in working order? Mostly, just very messy. Also too small for your giant mechanical ass.  We'll assume you flip it back onto its wheels.

Quote from: Baldwin
Nope, nothing like that. There’s only that abandoned factory they went to explore. If they went anywhere else I wouldn’t know about it. Maybe the EDPC’s got some video logs of the team leaving the building and travelling somewhere else, there might even be some footage of them being carried off by their captors.

Or maybe it was something inside the factory that got them...

Check the EDPC’s video logs. Look for footage of my team entering and exiting the building. If none is found, try to see if I can access the EDPC’s driving controls. Circle the building and try to find all of the factory’s entrances and exits.

Spoiler: Baldwin (click to show/hide)

There are videos! There are driving controls! You drive around the building and find the entrances and exits and also see the bullet hole the team made inside!

Since he wasn't sure if Burt would hear him, Yagyu just sticks up his thumb and proceeds to try it.

Commandeer a cable, toss it to that hole Ji made and try to snag it on something (or, if a teammate sees it, let them tie it to something), then test if Yagyu can drag him out of the anomalous zone that way.

If yes, double check the cable and then go in and look for that fucking battery, then drag myself out again if one is found.

If not possible, scavenge some metal bits and combine them into a long holder where the scanner can fit at the end (use toolkit charge). then use this to poke the scanner into the green room and record a bit, then pull back and see what's going on in there.   

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Go wherever Yag goes
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)

Yagyu and Ji drag themselves out of the trap using their cable and, we can assume, the help of the EdPC and its new driver! Yay!

do what BurtBurt just did
"Hey guys I thing I found a way to get out, if you grab a cable and get it caught on something near the wall you can use it to pull yourselves towards it, also I'm gonna try to see what's up stairs."
Gather up the cable and go up the stairs and try to see what's inside the room.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)

Inside the room, which you both end up having to reach via throwing the cable a few more times to get up the stairs, is a big chunk of what looks like glass. Like the molten remains of sand fused by great heat into a rough blob of semi-translucent glass.  The air around it wiggles like heat haze and glows vaguely green. It's sort of hovering, slowly bouncing around the room like an ancient screen saver.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3961 on: August 03, 2021, 09:21:06 pm »

((So, apparently I just used the EDPC to just tow Yagyu and Ji out of the trap. Ok, commence RP))

”Glad to see that you guys are okay. Turns out that tree kidnapping was a blessing in disguise.”

There’s a bit of an awkward silence as nobody bothers to comment. Baldwin looks into the hole again.

”So... how do you want to approach this now? Have you guys found the battery yet?”
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3962 on: August 03, 2021, 09:36:23 pm »

We'll make do with what we've got then. Rip the front passenger seat out of the car we already have. projector goes there. Tear the whole backseat out and plaster as much of the screen as we can fit into the back window draping down to the floorboards. Cut a hole in the trunk lid and affix the popcorn machine back there. If Tara so desires, we can replace the driver's seat with one of the theatre seats, but that's optional. Cardboard man is now our mascot: apply him like a skin over the passenger side hood and windshield of the car. If we can get the projector rigged to be at least minimally functional, that'd be great.
Spoiler: ignore this (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 04:18:35 pm by Ozarck »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3963 on: August 03, 2021, 09:52:19 pm »

Tara’s rather keep the driver’s seat as is. Some part of the car needs to be kept the way it was so she can drive it. Help Bob with all of this so we can hopefully find out what we’re supposed to be doing, by picking a direction to drive to

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3964 on: August 03, 2021, 09:55:45 pm »

Use the anti-bio razor to hack apart the vines trying to grab that one guy.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3965 on: August 04, 2021, 04:11:19 am »

((So, apparently I just used the EDPC to just tow Yagyu and Ji out of the trap. Ok, commence RP))
”Glad to see that you guys are okay. Turns out that tree kidnapping was a blessing in disguise.”
There’s a bit of an awkward silence as nobody bothers to comment. Baldwin looks into the hole again.
”So... how do you want to approach this now? Have you guys found the battery yet?”

"Working on it. This place is pissing me off."

Double check the cable to make sure it'll hold and then go in again and look for that fucking battery, then drag myself out again if one is found. Also drag out any remaining teammates if possible/needed. Either way shoot a message to the people inside:

"Guys, I know that grabbing glowing green glassballs that gave us grief is good fun, but try to not linger too long, we still have a job to do remember."

If we manage to get everyone gathered and things sorted, then board EdPC and let's head out to that second shipping location we learned about at the airport.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 04:44:54 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3966 on: August 04, 2021, 04:35:41 am »

"Can't think of a way to stop that green thing so I'm leaving."
Use my cable to drag myself outside to the rest of the group.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3967 on: August 04, 2021, 06:45:27 am »

I put the artifact into my containment pod. And rejoin the team
« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 07:47:54 pm by BlackPaladin99 »
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3968 on: August 04, 2021, 07:49:29 pm »

« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 03:58:13 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3969 on: August 04, 2021, 08:29:32 pm »

"Ahhh yeah this is what I'm talking about! I can feel my mitochondrias on overdrive right now! So, baka-will, we helping the derpy cultist or what? I mean I don't really care much about him since you know, he's a normal meatsack unlike you and I. Like maybe if it was Ji or Yakman calling...Wait a second is my communicator own?! I mean uh-hold on there Baldwonk, we're coming to save you!"

SAM will get on the silverfish and see what's happening to Balding Whinkerhonk. Bring Wil along if he wants to, or don't, he could get there by walking all thing's considered. Guy's a fucking brick house, as in, he's the size of a house made out of bricks. h and +1 FLESH to STR.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3970 on: August 04, 2021, 10:21:46 pm »

"Yeaaaah, we prolly should.  I don't want to get yelled at by Yagyu.  I think I'm gonna just leave the armored car, I can't fit inside it anyway.  So I'll be right with you, just wanna stow these guns first."

What die size of ammo for the rifles, and how many spare mags per rifle?  For comparison, the basic OMNITECH gun has the same damage and d8 mags.

What damage size for the grenades?  OMNITECH frags deal d12 damage.  I'd also like damage die for the rocket launcher, there's no point of reference there since OMNITECH doesn't sell those.

As an actual action... ehhh we don't really need an armored car.  Just ride back to the team as a passenger on the silverfish.  Happiness is a full arsenal.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accomplishments (click to show/hide)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3971 on: August 04, 2021, 11:34:45 pm »

((OOC, Don't you guys still need to return the silverfish?))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3972 on: August 04, 2021, 11:35:05 pm »

Before Akanorth Requtist can do any damage, Baldwin fires a warning shot with his pistol and tells him to stop.
((this is very obnoxious metagaming, and so soon after you roleplayed complete IC ignorance of the situation. You have no good reason to either go inside the anomaly, or to even know the other guy is in there and what he is doing. You have even less reason to expect that you could get there in time to stop what's about to happen.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3973 on: August 05, 2021, 10:33:44 am »

((I wasn't gonna say it, but Oz is 100% right with that.  You're also basically skipping an entire turn with this:))

Quote from: heydude6
It isn't clear when he entered the building but he has cable wrapped around his waist with the other end presumably leading to the EDPC. It's a long rope.

((At the very least, this should be bolded.  Even then, you're trying to do like three things in the span of time it takes another player to poke an anomaly.))

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3974 on: August 05, 2021, 03:56:42 pm »

Before Akanorth Requtist can do any damage, Baldwin fires a warning shot with his pistol and tells him to stop.
((this is very obnoxious metagaming, and so soon after you roleplayed complete IC ignorance of the situation. You have no good reason to either go inside the anomaly, or to even know the other guy is in there and what he is doing. You have even less reason to expect that you could get there in time to stop what's about to happen.))

Guess I jumped the gun a little. Piecewise did a small timeskip to have me rescue Yagu and Ji and I assumed I had been briefed on everything afterwards. Upon rereading the turn though, the discovery of the glass glob has only just happened (right after the timeskip) and only Burt Burt and the other cultist know. Sorry about that, I'll make a new action.

"Guys, I know that grabbing glowing green glassballs that gave us grief is good fun, but try to not linger too long, we still have a job to do remember."

"If there are glowing green glassballs inside, then I'd like to take a look. I accidentally obliterated the tree guy while trying to escape from him so it would make me feel better if I could find another artifact to replace it with. Should be a quick job."

Create a harness using cable. Wrap one end around my waist and the other end around the EDPC. Venture inside the factory and try to find those balls Yagyu is talking about. If I find Akanorth, recoil in horror as I witness him smashing the ball, being too late to stop him.

((And before anyone says it's out of character for me to venture into dangerous anomalies, I would like to remind you of how I handled the snap at the prospector's bar. Also it's my job to do things like this.))

Also ask the GM some questions:
Quote from: Previous Post
((I have some questions about the Military grade electronic binoculars I got. Do they have multiple vision modes and if so what are they? Particularly I'm curious about things like infrared and night vision.))

Spoiler: Baldwin (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 09:11:32 am by heydude6 »
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 334