Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482205 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Spooky
« Reply #3930 on: July 25, 2021, 01:49:56 pm »

((I think you are confusing 'washer' with 'washing machine.' Washers are small circular pieces of metal with holes in them. They are used to space and help secure bolts, and are typically a couple centimeters across and a couple millimeters thick. You're not writing messages of much value on items smaller than that.

When i Googled washer, the first results were washing machines, so it's an easy mistake.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3931 on: July 25, 2021, 10:26:13 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Look to see if there are any hostiles, if not, continue driving. We’re bound to find something eventually. If (and this is unlikely) we find a friendly or neutral, ask about relatively safe areas and movie theaters ( hopefully within the relatively safe category)
”Bob, I’m unsure if you can understand me, but I’m curious why you want to see a movie, also I’m not entirely sure what we’re supposed to be doing here, I hope you know”
Bob gurgles in an encouraging way and sticks his snout out a window, just a little bit.
[5]
The Chevrolet turns a corner and comes almost immediately upon a movie theater. Its one of those old style theaters: not a giant multiplex but just a large building packed in among other buildings. The marque is empty, but the old sign reads "ATOM THEATER" along with a neon model of an atom. The lights are obviously all dead but the building seems in pretty good shape all things considered.

"This is where the fun begins! You handle the cars, I'll take Shooty McRocket there. And try to leave at least some remains for me will ya?!"    

SAM will hop along the cars like a demonic frog towards the RPG man before biting off his head.

"Woah, woah, you're vulner--ah, fuck it!  Try and get inside, take control!  That car is our loot!  Everything else is food."

Alrighty then.  Use the ACA to target all the vehicles aside from the one with rocket dude, and the one with the mounted machine gun.  The damn acidthrower has better than even odds of damaging a hardsuit, so I expect it to deal with vehicles well enough.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accomplishments (click to show/hide)
[4] [2, 1, 3, 3][3]
Wilfred lobs a glob of acid in on a ballistic trajectory  while SAM goes charging towards the incoming vehicles. The acid lands first, dropping down directly on top of the van. The roof immediately crumples in like a crushed soda can and van veers off into a nearby store front, falling apart as it does. Sam bounces across the abandoned cars and directly onto the top of the nearest armored car. The man with the RPG points it at her while screaming...at least until she leans in and bites off the anterior 40% of his head and neck. The limp body tumbles  back into the car's interior and the vehicle suddenly veers hard to one side, attempting to break off and down a side road.

Go find my teammate
Your teammates are the following few guys. You're already with them.

Find the weakest looking exterior wall and shoot it with the piledriver.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
Ji puts a hole in one of the exterior walls. Hmmm.

"Hey guys I think I've fucked up somehow, I'm further in and can't get back to the group, it seems going further in is permanent because I'm stuck."
Face the center of the building and walk backwards towards the group and see if that doesn't allow me to get out, if that fails try to find a stair case and go up stairs.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
Walking backwards doesn't work, but by walking around the perimeter you are able to get close to the stairs. Within  about 10 feet at least, but they're a bit further out towards the periphery.

Grab something (preferably smaller than a washer :v ) and write a message on it that says this is an anomalous area and to warn teammates not to enter, and ask if they can toss us a rope or something from the entrance without getting in. Laser it into the side of the thing with the pulse laser on low if needed. Then chuck this out a window or the hole Ji is gonna make.

Look toward where the anomaly detector is pointing. We currently can't reach it since the stairs are out of reach, correct? Does it seem like I could use the pulse laser to cut out a hole in the roof so we can get a visual on it?

Hell, if I try jumping high, does it seem like the anomaly also has its effect (aka can't really move up either) or does that work?

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
You scribble a message on a bit of cut steel plate and frisbee it through the hole Ji put in the wall.

That done, you check out the anomaly detector. It looks like you  could cut a hole in the the roof

Jumping produces an odd effect. You don't really go up, your feet never leave the floor, but you still seem to "fall" back down with a lot more force.

"Shit...”

RUN! Run until I reach the EDPC and get inside the vehicle so the weeds can’t get me. Set some of my rainbow tobacco on fire and drop it behind me as I try to escape. Maybe they’ll be traumatized by seeing their brethren burn and slow down.

If I succeed, ponder why the weeds were still chasing after me even though I annihilated the tree guy

Thank god I invested a point into speed.

Spoiler: Baldwin (click to show/hide)

Baldwin scrambles into The EdPC and locks the door behind him. The weeds don't seem to be able to get in. As per why they're mad...maybe they contain the dispersed spirit of that tree? Maybe plants just hate people. People are kind of assholes o to them after all.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3932 on: July 26, 2021, 02:34:06 am »

"Do you guys think blowing up that thing on the second floor might stop this, or could we blow a hole in the floor and get out that way?"
Grab a nearby cable and throw it until it gets caught on the stairs, then use the cable to drag myself over to the stairs.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3933 on: July 26, 2021, 03:18:49 am »

"Do you guys think blowing up that thing on the second floor might stop this, or could we blow a hole in the floor and get out that way?"

"Maybe. I'm gonna try cutting a hole to see what is there before we blow anything up though."

​Allrighty, let's use the pulse laser to try and cut a circular hole around the area where the center of the anomaly seems to be, preferably at a angle that will let the debris fall down safely and withut cutting into vital support beams or whatever.

If that works out, look at what's gong on in there. Enviro scanner, anomaly sensors, the works.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3934 on: July 26, 2021, 07:46:32 am »

Just stand around.

We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Clouds like raw meat
« Reply #3935 on: July 26, 2021, 08:41:36 am »

Loot film projector and any surviving bits of movie screen. Install in Chevrolet. Then just allow Tara to take me wherever ... even back to the trapped team, I guess. Perhaps we can be of external aid to the lost.

Spoiler: Team Mascot (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Present Lottery
« Reply #3936 on: July 26, 2021, 08:53:28 am »

Head inside the theater with Bob, foam gun at the ready in case of threats, if a threat is found, shoot said threat
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 12:16:13 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3937 on: July 26, 2021, 02:02:25 pm »

SAM  pokes her head inside the vehicle and squeals in delight at the gift her smilling friends just gave her "A can full of sardines? For little old me? Oh boys you shouldn't have!"

SAM will force her way inside the car and rip apart any Smileys still alive in there, taking care to leave the driver for last for dramatic effect (and also because she needs to take the wheel as soon as he dies)

« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 04:46:09 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3938 on: July 26, 2021, 04:17:06 pm »

Safely barricaded inside the EDPC, Baldwin decides to message his comrades inside the building so they know he is okay.

This is Baldwin to Battery team. I'm here to inform you guys that I have escaped the clutches of the Ent and have returned to the EDPC. Unfortunately, the vehicle is currently being assaulted by sentient weeds and the AI isn't responding. I think it's restarting to install firmware updates or something like that.

Can you guys send someone to break the siege? I can't get out until something is done about that.

Awaiting Response. Over.

Wait for a response

((OOC. This is gonna take a while to roleplay))

Spoiler: Baldwin (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 11:55:48 am by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3939 on: July 28, 2021, 11:36:36 am »

"Surrender or die!"

Shout the above while continuing to use the acidthrower to destroy the rest of the vehicles.  Leave the one with the mounted machinegun alone.  Maybe stop shooting anyone who surrenders.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3940 on: July 29, 2021, 08:18:53 pm »

Loot film projector and any surviving bits of movie screen. Install in Chevrolet. Then just allow Tara to take me wherever ... even back to the trapped team, I guess. Perhaps we can be of external aid to the lost.

Head inside the theater with Bob, foam gun at the ready in case of threats, if a threat is found, shoot said threat
[6]
Bob and Tara are in and out a few times, maybe getting a bit too excited about the prospect of a rolling movie theater. By the time they come to their senses they've managed to drag out a projector, an entire screen, a popcorn machine, 5 theater seats, and a cardboard standee of some kind of action man holding a very large gun.

Needless to say these aren't all going to fit in the car.

"Surrender or die!"

Shout the above while continuing to use the acidthrower to destroy the rest of the vehicles.  Leave the one with the mounted machinegun alone.  Maybe stop shooting anyone who surrenders.

SAM  pokes her head inside the vehicle and squeals in delight at the gift her smilling friends just gave her "A can full of sardines? For little old me? Oh boys you shouldn't have!"

SAM will force her way inside the car and rip apart any Smileys still alive in there, taking care to leave the driver for last for dramatic effect (and also because she needs to take the wheel as soon as he dies)

[2][3]
While Wilfred seriously menaces a helpless storefront by accidently shooting it SAM scrambles into the armored car and makes like a trapped weasel covered in chainsaws. Honestly its kind of hard to even say what happened other than that it involved a lot of screaming, blood, and ruined upholstery.  The armored car turns hard to the left and then flips, rolling several times before slamming into a parted vehicle and coming to a stop.  The other cars behind it suddenly turn off down a side street, trying to get out of the line of sight of the acid cannon and the alien murder doggo.

Grab a nearby cable and throw it until it gets caught on the stairs, then use the cable to drag myself over to the stairs.
This actually works and you reach the stairs.

Just stand around.

Aye Aye Captain.

"Maybe. I'm gonna try cutting a hole to see what is there before we blow anything up though."

​Allrighty, let's use the pulse laser to try and cut a circular hole around the area where the center of the anomaly seems to be, preferably at a angle that will let the debris fall down safely and withut cutting into vital support beams or whatever.

If that works out, look at what's gong on in there. Enviro scanner, anomaly sensors, the works.

[8]
You cut a circular hole in the bottom of the foreman's office up on the second floor. Its a bit hard at an angle abut you manage. The floor falls away and you crane your neck to see what's inside. There's something glowing in there, lighting up the room with a greenish illumination, but you can't see the object itself. The air in the room looks distorted though. Thick and wavy.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3941 on: July 29, 2021, 09:03:27 pm »

Time to get big. SAM will eat whatever's left of the crew's MEAT like a muckbang youtuber eats away the pain of their existence

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Present Lottery
« Reply #3942 on: July 29, 2021, 09:30:35 pm »

Why are we taking this stuff? I suppose food’s important since I don’t know how long we’ll be here, I don’t think gators eat popcorn though…hmmm, can the cardboard be broken down, ducked into water and made into a wet cardboard ball? Having a wet cardboard ball possibly laced with metal from the machines/TV/glass from said TV/popcorn would be a deterrent, a hopefully painful deterrent, however it’d be a one use deterrent, maybe making smaller cardboard balls and adding metal to them, we’ll need the popcorn for food…can Tv be attached to the front of the car and be rammed somewhere? Glass is more readily shatterable than metal so it would definitely puncture most living things
Hey Bob, not everything’ll fit, can you show me which item out of these you prioritize the most? We’re taking the popcorn, food’s important, but you need meat, so we’ll have to find that somewhere else

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Clouds like raw meat
« Reply #3943 on: July 29, 2021, 11:25:35 pm »

Bob gurgles at Tara and gives her a big, toothy grin. he then starts looking around for moar car! The bigger the better! A box truck even. Heck, a semi with trailer would work.
Find Moar Car! find the biggest salvageable vehicle available. We gonna get this theater mobile.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3944 on: July 30, 2021, 04:30:52 am »

"Hey guys I thing I found a way to get out, if you grab a cable and get it caught on something near the wall you can use it to pull yourselves towards it, also I'm gonna try to see what's up stairs."
Gather up the cable and go up the stairs and try to see what's inside the room.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 334