Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482602 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Is it a war crime if you do it accidently?
« Reply #3615 on: April 19, 2021, 10:34:02 pm »

"I'll go with the interrogation team.  I can hack, for now, and kill most things.  If you're heading to the airport, we'll have a good balance of heavily armored and armed murderbots."

Wilfred doesn't physically respond when Baldwin knocks on his hardsuit.  But oh boy does he verbally respond!  "I don't know what you're talking about, but like fucking hell I'm leaving my hardsuit as bait, in this horrible place!  You try anything, and I'll personally make sure a dead elder god eats your filthy little cultist balls!"

Fiddle with the corpo observation drone.  Can Wilfred hack it into being his own personal scout eye?  Preferably without it immediately smashing into a thousand pieces on the nearest rock.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Fixer upper
« Reply #3616 on: April 19, 2021, 11:15:23 pm »

Baldwin frowns and takes his pipe out of his mouth.

"Fine, have it your way. Some of us here don't have the privilege of being encased in a walking tank, yet we risk our lives on these missions anyway. It would have done you some good to take one for the team. I'm sure you'd have received a bonus from HQ if you did."

Baldwin silently thinks to himself: It's not like you would have lost the suit forever. That thing is valuable. We wouldn't have tried anything if we couldn't figure out a way of extracting it afterwards. And Burt too... I guess...

*sigh*

"Regardless of the opinions of a certain yellow coward, I still think some form of Trojan horse would be our best bet at getting to what's-his-name... We could probably put Burt into the dragonfly, but unlike with the hardsuit, we won't know for sure if they'll send it to the right person. What's-his-name may be their mech guy, but they might have another guy named Who's-it who deals with flying crap."

Baldwin pauses and thinks for a moment, before showing a look of frustration.

"We could keep crashing gliders in hopes of finding a mech in the wreckage, and then putting Burt into that... but do you guys have any better ideas?"

((Seems like Baldwin is sort of becoming a corporate douche. I guess bingeing Mad Men has played a part in that. He may say mean things, but it's just RP so far. I'll tone it down if people start to get bothered))
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3617 on: April 20, 2021, 03:47:44 am »

Just upload me into the EDPC and I'll find a corner to quietly sit in.

Also if I'm in there can I talk to people on my team and is the cognition copier a one use item?

(If my money can be used to buy me a new body go ahead, also if being in the EDPC at the same time as Edward isn't wanted we could just upload me into the laptop I had.)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3618 on: April 20, 2021, 05:24:33 am »

"Eh, we could use the flier to scout.  It should be near silent and fairly hard to see at night.  Failing that, we've got all these fucking drones everywhere, we can just hack those for more sky eyes.  Finding the dude might be as simple as snapping some fingers, fuck Derp.  Or maybe I could get some ghosts to rip the knowledge out of someone.  I'm definitely not giving anyone my hardsuit though!  I died two fucking times to get this thing, and I don't intend on dying a third!"

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3619 on: April 20, 2021, 05:53:23 am »

Well my last two posts were missed. Third times the charm? Am I about to slip back into inactivity limbo despite being active?

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3620 on: April 20, 2021, 02:02:42 pm »

"Rip in pieces, Burt. You died as you lived."
What if any safety features does the flying thing have? Parachute, airbags, ejection seat?

Is there way to secure it to the top of the EdPC without getting in the way of cannons or anything else too much?

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
(oops)
The craft does not appear to have any airbags...or parachutes...or an ejection seat. The chairs don't even have cushions. This thing is a metal skeleton stripped to the absolute bare bones for no purpose other than functionality.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3621 on: April 21, 2021, 12:41:10 am »

”I’ll stick with the airport team”
See if the smiles are approaching the Bazaar. Load the APC guns that need to be manually loaded if they’re not already.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Clouds like raw meat
« Reply #3622 on: April 21, 2021, 10:59:37 pm »

"CharliED, my boy, I have had a revelation! These pills will protect us, and the most pressing danger these peoples live under - aside from the spiritual catastrophe of not knowing ED and having misaligned vertebrae - is the anomaly afflicting this fine city. It is clearly ED's intention for us to resolve this crisis! Either that or use the source of the aberration to summon His true form into this fragile reality, but we'll figure that out once we get there."

Pocket the BlessED sleeping pills and attempt to capitalize on the credibility performing a miracle may have given me to try to attain more converts. The Congregation must grow, and we have spiritual insurance on our side!

Spoiler: EEEDD (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Congregation of ED (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: STANpool (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Things done (click to show/hide)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3623 on: April 22, 2021, 07:37:12 pm »

SAM will use hand signs to gesture she'd be up for interrogating the egghead, oh, and she'll also try to turn into an H.R Giger wet dream creature once again.

Also 1 flesh to STR

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[1]
ALL DICK ALL THE TIME. CENTIPEDE DICK. A WORM DICK WITH LITTLE DICK LEGS. 100% DIIIIICK.

Shifted.

Yes! I think I got a perfect roll on that. I assume I'm in the EDPC now.

Safely inside the vehicle, examine my loot. Read the paper, count the money in the wallet, etc.

Also ask Piecewise to write a description for the prospector's watch I can copy and paste into my character sheet. I want to know about this thing's features!

As Baldwin counts the money in his hands, he decides to offer his own opinions on the mission.

"Well the way I see it, money is power. I think our plan should be to go to the Langford Nature area, loot a bunch of artifacts, sell those things for mad bucks, and just buy the right to speak to our man. I mean, we don't actually need to free him, all we want is an interview. I'm sure we can get that without making an enemy out of these Smiles"

Truly a capitalist at heart...

Spoiler: Baldwin (click to show/hide)
Baldwin shucks the wallet of its payload and counts it out. 247 Megabucks. Not terrible. 

He unfolds the wad of paper. It is badly crumpled and appears bloodstained. Or maybe oil?  Hard to say.  It reads:
Code: [Select]
PLYMOUTH AND OUTER DRIVE, NORTH WEST.
IN THE OLD DIESEL GATE.
ENGINE HEART.

The watch, as some of your teammates found out, is basically an anomaly detector.  In its default mode it will point to the nearest anomaly and categorize it on a simple "Power" scale. It has a display and menu you can search through to access the specific sensors within it. These sensors include temperature sensor, atmospheric pressure sensor, oxygen level indicator, broad range toxin detectors, Gravity sensor, temporal stability sensor, radiation detector, and something called an "impossible spectrum analyzer".    Its all pretty complex so it will need a tech roll to do anything other than use it normally. Yours is a bright orange yellow square of metal with a tiny screen and a rubbery wrist strap.

"Well the way I see it, money is power. I think our plan should be to go to the Langford Nature area, loot a bunch of artifacts, sell those things for mad bucks, and just buy the right to speak to our man. I mean, we don't actually need to free him, all we want is an interview. I'm sure we can get that without making an enemy out of these Smiles"
"The team on nerd interrogation duty will be free to fulfill their objective as they see fit, I suppose that's one way to do it. Though note that our guide hinted they might simply not be up for such offers, and also to stay away from that area because it's quite dangerous."

SAM will use hand signs to gesture she'd be up for interrogating the egghead, oh, and she'll also try to turn into an H.R Giger wet dream creature once again.
"Ah, hmm. You. I will consider letting you saunter off on this assignment only if you can promise me you won't cause any undue shenanigans. No eating our target, no making needless enemies or calling down unholy bullshit, no intentionally messing up the job. Cause if I hear you went full Akira downtown and we have to come deal with it, we will deal with it rather permanently. Capiche? You can, euh, wobble if you understand."

I would like to buy one (or more if affordable) of those anomaly watches. These are the things I can offer:

Note, if they complain because my weapons are built-in, then just ask them to have a vendor come outside instead.

Also could I buy some ammo for my ferro thingie? Like just buy some metal poles or some small construction materials that are suitable. How much for some items that are at least d8 in damage? Or d10 if possible/available? I have clean water, kelp and ammo forge conversion service to offer.

Finally, Burt had 12,300 megabucks on him, could we buy some sort of body for him with that here at the bizarre? Or maybe a vehicle he could be uploaded to? 

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Anomaly detectors cost 600 a piece. They vary greatly in appearance and are obviously constructed- at least their outer shells- out of odds and ends. Each is unique.
[spoiler:values]
Service: ammo forge conversion (Unable to value)
High visibility flares x3 (25 each)
4x [OMNITECH Generic Personal Sidearm (d4 ranged attack) x3 Magazines (d4 use die)] (500 Each)
OMNITECH electrical behavior modification implant (20)
OMNITECH Generic Security Baton (45)
blindfold (1)
ear plugs (1)
Silly trashcan helmet (0)
Pathos' text-to-speed earbuds (5)
2x OMNITECH Red Jumpsuit (3 total)
2x OMNITECH Black Jumpsuit (3 total)
tiny mug with a flower on the side (2)
Zip tie (singular? 0)
2x Isolation Suit. (400 each)[/spoiler]

Yagyu searches the bizarre for things that would work well with his launcher. The best thing he ends up finding is a man selling mechanical scrap. Much of it is ferromagnentic and a billiard ball sized metal ball bearing or  60 lb metal gear is relatively cheap and relatively deadly.

Finally he looks for a body for the recently deceased Burt. He can't find anything really usable as one, but does get word that some of the factories in the area used robots, so there are some around.

SpiderBob will explore the golf course looking for machinery in need of maintenance and/or repair, while Bob continues his soak. Neither is aware of the need to reconvene with teammates, so this may be where Bob is at the end of the mission, assuming a snap doesn't take him.

Since Bob was swept up by the straggler hunters, he'll waddle past the armed guards, chuck his tail gun at tehir collection point, and greet the Bizarre's patrons and their snacks.

Spoiler: Team Mascot (click to show/hide)
Bob drops his gun and wanders into the bizarre, growling in a...friendly? fashion at all the people he meets. There's a large centrally located water feature in the area and he immediately flops down into it and begins demanding tribute in the form of snacks.

"I'll go with the interrogation team.  I can hack, for now, and kill most things.  If you're heading to the airport, we'll have a good balance of heavily armored and armed murderbots."

Wilfred doesn't physically respond when Baldwin knocks on his hardsuit.  But oh boy does he verbally respond!  "I don't know what you're talking about, but like fucking hell I'm leaving my hardsuit as bait, in this horrible place!  You try anything, and I'll personally make sure a dead elder god eats your filthy little cultist balls!"

Fiddle with the corpo observation drone.  Can Wilfred hack it into being his own personal scout eye?  Preferably without it immediately smashing into a thousand pieces on the nearest rock.

[1]
... You eye the rock. You consider the rock very carefully.
[3]
No...its very tempting but...not this time old friend. Not this time.

AGAIN
[6]
Wilfred thinks he can indeed make this into a personal scout. But does he want to automate its actions or make it effectively remote control?

Just upload me into the EDPC and I'll find a corner to quietly sit in.

Also if I'm in there can I talk to people on my team and is the cognition copier a one use item?

(If my money can be used to buy me a new body go ahead, also if being in the EDPC at the same time as Edward isn't wanted we could just upload me into the laptop I had.)
Done.

You can indeed talk to anyone in or around the EdPC, much like Ed can.

The CC is technically not single use, but yours got smashed along with your head so...in your case it is.

”I’ll stick with the airport team”
See if the smiles are approaching the Bazaar. Load the APC guns that need to be manually loaded if they’re not already.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
They do not appear to be. They are still moving east, towards the crash site of the drone.

"CharliED, my boy, I have had a revelation! These pills will protect us, and the most pressing danger these peoples live under - aside from the spiritual catastrophe of not knowing ED and having misaligned vertebrae - is the anomaly afflicting this fine city. It is clearly ED's intention for us to resolve this crisis! Either that or use the source of the aberration to summon His true form into this fragile reality, but we'll figure that out once we get there."

Pocket the BlessED sleeping pills and attempt to capitalize on the credibility performing a miracle may have given me to try to attain more converts. The Congregation must grow, and we have spiritual insurance on our side!

Spoiler: EEEDD (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Congregation of ED (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: STANpool (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Things done (click to show/hide)

(1,3)
EEEDD walks to the central water feature, stepping over Bob as the big lizard slides into it, and begins preaching to the masses. A fair number just walk past and ignore him but within a few minutes he has 4 people who are listening to him intently.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3624 on: April 22, 2021, 08:19:43 pm »

KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS? TIME TO TRY AGAIN, SAME AS IT EVER, SAME AS IT EVER WAS, SAME AS IT EVER WAS

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3625 on: April 23, 2021, 02:56:33 am »

"What the fuck just happened, why can't I feel anything?"
Curl into a small ball and be sad until I know what's happening.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3626 on: April 23, 2021, 11:24:34 am »

1) Sell 3x generic side arm (3*500), the earbuds, jumpsuits and mug (13 bucks). Then buy 2 anomaly watches with that (1200). Put the spare 313 bucks back into the team fund again. The other team (team nerdsnatch?) already has 2 people with such watches so keep both on our team for now (team ghostplane?).

2) Also, if there are still people that don't have a radio, buy a simple send&receive radio using teamfund (sell another set of side arms if needed) if they ask for one.

3) Try to offer the ammo conversion service and/or the good booze in return for some of the metal scrap ammo.

4) Give all relevant info we have to the nerd interrogation team.

5) Then gather stragglers&gators (unless they object), board EdPC and off we go!

Action for EdPC: at the end of the turn, after people are done with their crap, plot a course for the spoopy airfield and off we go! Try to avoid hazards or convoys and such, work together with our guide for this. 

((Pan said he won't be able to post actions for a while and if I could take over for a bit, pw approved it already.))

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 03:36:16 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3627 on: April 23, 2021, 11:49:33 am »

((If I see it right we have the following volunteers for the nerd interrogation:
agn - Sam
heydude - Baldwin
m18 - Anya
syv - Wil

Seems enough to get started, if other people still wanna do this you can still sign up, but be fast!))

"Excellent, we should have enough volunteers then.

Now, to reiterate, your primary objective is interviewing the former scientist regarding this anomalous zone and how it came to be, and relaying that info back to us. You are free to do this as you see fit. You can extract him if needed, or maybe sneak or bribe your way in, but do note that your secondary objective is to make sure that that gang won’t trace your activities back to us, or at least won't bother us. We’d rather not suffer reprisals down the line if we can.

EdPC is staying with us, as is the guide we hired, though of course feel free to ask questions to the latter to help you plan.

In terms of ‘budget’ you are getting this flier. Either use it as is for the operation or trade it away and use the funds for whatever other crap you need. Do note that either way these are returning to the team fund once you're done so don't just use it to buy toys for yourself.

For radio protocols, check in with us once every hour or so and then we’ll respond, if you miss this check in we’ll know something went awry and you need help. Also for this reason I reiterate the possibility of giving me a DNA sample of yourself or something you keep on your person for later tracking purposes. Notify us if you need support, but again note that ideally, you guys get in and out with the intel we need without them being any wiser. Also don't expect us to turn a 30 minute commute into a 30 second cavalry charge.

Wil, I believe you are the most senior member that volunteered so you'll nominally be in charge of your teammates and getting this job done. Think you can do that?

Any further questions?" 

« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 11:57:19 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3628 on: April 23, 2021, 12:21:00 pm »

"Hey Sam, I found a note that's got directions to a shady meet-up spot. Wanna come with and possibly crack some skulls? We'll probably get some drug money, or possibly even drugs."

"Also, if anyone else wants to come, feel free to join."

Head off to the address in the note with my team, assuming I have one.

EDIT: Since nobody wants to join. New action.

Go window shopping. Look for camera drones, bodyguards, as well as artifacts. I'll decide if I'll make a purchase after I see the options and their prices. Also, check if there is a casino.

Spoiler: Baldwin (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 07:19:58 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Is it a war crime if you do it accidently?
« Reply #3629 on: April 23, 2021, 02:25:37 pm »

"Yeah yeah yeah, sounds fine to me.  I can yell at people.  Fuck Derp, last mission I made someone save a security team member's life!  Now, which of you fools can fly the drone, and which of you can shoot the gun?"

I want to make the drone automated.  No tech rolls for using it, ideally, because Wilfred will not have tech soon.

Can Wilfred ride in the Silverfish, while wearing his hardsuit?  Or would he be too heavy?  And what stat is used for flying it?  Is it intuitive enough to control that it doesn't need rolls for simple stuff?

And the address Baldwin found.  Is it in the direction of Smiles territory, or would it be leading off somewhere random?

Oh, Wilfred will see if he can grab some kind of living creature.  A random lizard would do.  For use with Yagyu's bio tracker thingy.  Maybe grab Bob and toss him over a shoulder, he'd do fine.

((*syvarris looks at the post above his*))
((...))

Wilfred suddenly notices Baldwin waving around a dirty napkin containing a nebulous promise.  "Hey, where the fuck are you running off to?  We've got a mission!"

Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 334