Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482645 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Clouds like raw meat
« Reply #3585 on: April 13, 2021, 09:25:35 pm »

”Good merchants, you honor us! I see your offers of beneficence and aid and offer you something in return, as servants of the greater good hidden inside all of us. Allow me temporary use of a blade and we shall show you greatness!”

Attempt to borrow a knife off of one of the merchants. Use my teeth if none are willing. Do these things:
1. Draw my blood by cutting my palm. Drip it onto the BlessED 888-Ball, which CharliED shall hold and turn in his hands so it becomes fully coated in my vitae. Do other occultish stuff as necessary to invoke the right atmosphere. Just don't mutilate anybody.
2. Gaze into the readout screen of the ball and ask ED to speak his will for these tradespeople through the vessel of my body.
3. Reach deep into my gullet (metaphorically speaking) and attempt to speak with ED's voice. Tell the merchants what the Sacred Name wills of them, whatever that may be.
4. Profit!

((I have no idea if this will actually accomplish anything, but I see an opportunity to potentially incite a frenzied riot and imma take it))

Spoiler: EEEDD (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Congregation of ED (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: STANpool (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Things done (click to show/hide)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Special Delivery
« Reply #3586 on: April 14, 2021, 05:24:04 am »

"Aw man that isn't as interesting as I was hoping it would be, I was hoping for guns."
Search the house the thing crashed into and see if the damage shook any loot out of it.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: April 14, 2021, 06:39:30 am »

”Well ain’t that neat.

I guess we could get some use out of this, though frankly it seems like a flying deathtrap to me. Maybe best if we just trade it for some anomaly detectors and other supplies at that bazaar. What do ya’ll think? Especially you, EdPC, since you found and diverted it and all.”   

"I'm fine with whatever you guys decide. Seeing that drone crash in the distance was reward enough for me."

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: April 14, 2021, 07:49:23 am »

Let someone else fiddle with the thing for now. Load up on EPC and be ready to move out.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Is it a war crime if you do it accidently?
« Reply #3589 on: April 14, 2021, 12:39:41 pm »

Meh.  Skim towards the crashsite, but stop and before getting in line of sight.  Try to hack some drones; can any get a view of prospectors heading to loot the site?  Wilfred may know there's no loot there, but the innocent looters carfying loot might not.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: April 14, 2021, 04:24:49 pm »

"Thanks for that friend. Here, I want you to have this."

Baldwin grabs a napkin and doodles an architectural design for what seems to be a new bar. The walls are painted a deep blue and decorated with modern-looking rectangle shaped lamps. There is an archaic disco ball hanging above the ceiling. Most importantly though, the floor is made of square glass tiles of various colors, with silhouettes of fish underneath them. It seems like the floor is the roof a giant fish tank.

"If you ever have to start over, I guarantee this design will make your bar the hottest place in town"

With that expensive design done, Baldwin decided to look around for someone who looked tougher, someone who had explored the orange zone and returned. He wanted to hear some war stories, as well as get some info on the kinds of snaps he would expect to encounter there.

Spoiler: Baldwin (click to show/hide)
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: April 16, 2021, 02:44:31 am »

Continue keeping an eye on our surroundings while the team checks out their kinder egg surprise. Keep an eye out for enemies, drones, radio/other signals, anomalies, etc.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3592 on: April 16, 2021, 02:55:03 pm »

”Well ain’t that neat.

I guess we could get some use out of this, though frankly it seems like a flying deathtrap to me. Maybe best if we just trade it for some anomaly detectors and other supplies at that bazaar. What do ya’ll think? Especially you, EdPC, since you found and diverted it and all.”   

Check out the info pamphlet, or give to a team member if they want to investigate. Try to get some technical specs, eg. flight time when fully fueled. Also look around for some ferromagnetic ammo (preferably d8 or higher). How much can I carry with me?

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Yagyu opens the cockpit, prying open the clear shell, and examines the pamphlet. He flips through the pages, leaning down and examining the controls occasionally, matching diagrams to reality.  After a few minutes he closes the pamphlet and announces his findings.

Despite the appearance, the thing is called a "Silverfish". It runs on a self contained nuclear battery, so it should be capable of functioning indefinitely. Its top speed is a modest 200mph, but it is apparently extremely maneuverable and can hover, fly sideways, upside down, and basically move in any direction in 3d  regardless of orientation.  It can lift about 500 lbs and grip things with its landing gear. Its two seats are a pilot's chair and a gunner seat. There's a diagram of the controls that he shows off to everyone before moving on.  Apparently the long "tail" contains a directed energy weapon and it can flex and whip around to cover basically 360 degrees around the flyer. There's a camera mounted on the tip that feeds into the gunner seat monitor, so the gunner doesn't need to turn their head to aim.

Finally the manual does mention that the Silverfish was actually designed for atmospheric combat using energy weapons, which its silvery skin is designed to dissipate. Bullets on the other hand...well they're more of a problem.
[1]
Yagyu searches for ferromagnetic ammo. He unfortunately only ends up accidently collapsing an already damaged building onto himself. [11v8] He is unharmed but he is also pretty stuck.

SAM clutched her head, if she had a brain no doubt she'd be hurting right now. "I think one of the cogheads should see what it does first, for all we know it could be a time machine or the world's ugliest piece of modern art."

Play around with shapeshifting while cogheads decide what to do
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
How dangerously vague.
[4]
Sam shapeshifts her entire head and upper body into a perfectly recreation of a human phallus. Its really quite impressive, both in scale and detail. It could only be the work of someone with extensive knowledge of the subject matter.

the Bizarre sounds like a great place for Bob to make mischief. Bob is totally unaware of the opportunity however, and remains contentedly Bobbing in the water trap in the unused golf course. Send spiderbob out to hunt golf balls. Is spiderbob waterproof? does spiderbob have some kind of storage compartment? if not, just collect the balls in the tall grass near the water trap like some kind of cross between a crab and a particlualry clunky squirrel. Oh sure, it might not be very alligatory to hoard items, but we can blame the disparity on the animal-machine interface and it's peculiarities. Or we could blame it on sheer contrariness. That works too.

Spoiler: Team Mascot (click to show/hide)
The spiderbob is waterproof. Well water resistant to a certain depth.
It does not have a built in storage compartment. But an enterprising individual could always get it a little backpack.

The Spiderbob makes a series of expeditions out into the tall grass, each time returning with a golf ball held aloft between its front limbs.  It places these treasures down near the edge of the water hazard before wandering back into the grass.

”Good merchants, you honor us! I see your offers of beneficence and aid and offer you something in return, as servants of the greater good hidden inside all of us. Allow me temporary use of a blade and we shall show you greatness!”

Attempt to borrow a knife off of one of the merchants. Use my teeth if none are willing. Do these things:
1. Draw my blood by cutting my palm. Drip it onto the BlessED 888-Ball, which CharliED shall hold and turn in his hands so it becomes fully coated in my vitae. Do other occultish stuff as necessary to invoke the right atmosphere. Just don't mutilate anybody.
2. Gaze into the readout screen of the ball and ask ED to speak his will for these tradespeople through the vessel of my body.
3. Reach deep into my gullet (metaphorically speaking) and attempt to speak with ED's voice. Tell the merchants what the Sacred Name wills of them, whatever that may be.
4. Profit!

((I have no idea if this will actually accomplish anything, but I see an opportunity to potentially incite a frenzied riot and imma take it))

Spoiler: EEEDD (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Congregation of ED (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: STANpool (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Things done (click to show/hide)
[8,5]
EEEDD grabs a knife from the display of the nearest knifemonger and begins the ritual. He cuts his hand and smears the flowing blood onto the 888-Ball before holding it above his head and giving it a good hard shake.

"ED! GRANT US YOUR WISDOM!"

And for a long second nothing happens. Well nothing other than the already slowly backing away locals thinking this man is even more crazy than they initially supposed. But then something happens. In a snap the air around EEEDD darkens while light appears to flow up and out of the ground at his feet with no apparent source. When he speaks it is with a voice clearly not his own, which seems to emanate from somewhere below him instead of his mouth.

GIVE ONTO ME YOUR SLEEPING PILLS!

"Aw man that isn't as interesting as I was hoping it would be, I was hoping for guns."
Search the house the thing crashed into and see if the damage shook any loot out of it.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
[1,1v6]
Burt becomes the second person in as many minutes to drop part of a damaged house onto themselves.  He, however, gets straight up mashed into red paste beneath a support beam.

Let someone else fiddle with the thing for now. Load up on EPC and be ready to move out.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
Ji yawns and heads back to the EdPC.

Meh.  Skim towards the crashsite, but stop and before getting in line of sight.  Try to hack some drones; can any get a view of prospectors heading to loot the site?  Wilfred may know there's no loot there, but the innocent looters carfying loot might not.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
[8,2]
Wilfred does a wide range search for drone signals and manages to catch one about 3 miles away. Unfortunately when he loads it up he finds that it is snagged in a tree with nothing but a view of a dark and apparently disused neighborhood.

"Thanks for that friend. Here, I want you to have this."

Baldwin grabs a napkin and doodles an architectural design for what seems to be a new bar. The walls are painted a deep blue and decorated with modern-looking rectangle shaped lamps. There is an archaic disco ball hanging above the ceiling. Most importantly though, the floor is made of square glass tiles of various colors, with silhouettes of fish underneath them. It seems like the floor is the roof a giant fish tank.

"If you ever have to start over, I guarantee this design will make your bar the hottest place in town"

With that expensive design done, Baldwin decided to look around for someone who looked tougher, someone who had explored the orange zone and returned. He wanted to hear some war stories, as well as get some info on the kinds of snaps he would expect to encounter there.

[1]
Baldwin looks around. Hmmm. These fellas all look pretty tough. There has to be a good way to determine which one is the toughest...AH! A barfight! That will separate the wheat from the chaff! He picks up a bar stool and hurls it at the nearest person, shouting "FIGHT!" as he does.

This, surprisingly, works and the bar is engulfed in violence within moments. [1, 4v2] Sadly he gets no chance to examine which members of the mob are the strongest as he gets hurled bodily through a window and out onto the porch mere moments into the fight. He lays on his back, cape protecting him from the glass under him, and gazes up at the porch ceiling.

"Maybe there was a better way to handle that...."

Continue keeping an eye on our surroundings while the team checks out their kinder egg surprise. Keep an eye out for enemies, drones, radio/other signals, anomalies, etc.

Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)
[7]

EdPC grabs a nearby drone and looks around. Hmmm. Well there's some kind of barfight happening at the gilded razor...No sign of any other looters yet...though there's what looks like a convoy heading in this direction from the north...its still miles away though.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Fixer upper
« Reply #3593 on: April 16, 2021, 03:18:07 pm »

That backfired, SAM will try to become less phallus and more vaguely phallic alien monster. Oh, and she'll eat the paste that used to be Burt too while at it, she'll try to not eat any stuff of his that's intact tho, whatever that would be, and bring it back to the EdPC

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 11:12:16 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3594 on: April 16, 2021, 03:53:25 pm »

Look around for any other injured guests, preferably someone who is unconcious and alone with no one paying attention to him. Sneak back into the bar if I have to. Steal their anomly detecting watch.

Then GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE and try to run back to the EDPC, wherever it is. I'm sure my team's got tracking devices or something. Some useful tool to help me find them.

Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Clouds like raw meat
« Reply #3595 on: April 16, 2021, 05:53:34 pm »

Bob will continue ot play with his balls.

Spoiler: Team Mascot (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: April 17, 2021, 02:13:42 am »

(Damn it.)
Did the cognition copier do it's thing if so where am I now?

Spoiler: Is finally dead (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3597 on: April 17, 2021, 07:54:15 pm »

"Rip in pieces, Burt. You died as you lived."
What if any safety features does the flying thing have? Parachute, airbags, ejection seat?

Is there way to secure it to the top of the EdPC without getting in the way of cannons or anything else too much?

Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3598 on: April 17, 2021, 09:18:31 pm »

((Why wasn't my last post valid for a dice roll?))

Al follows the others staying relatively quiet but still keeping an eye on his comrades so if they do something stupid and injure themselves he can intervene and assist.
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3599 on: April 17, 2021, 09:37:16 pm »

((Why wasn't my last post valid for a dice roll?))

Al follows the others staying relatively quiet but still keeping an eye on his comrades so if they do something stupid and injure themselves he can intervene and assist.
((You need to post your sheet and bold your actions))
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 334