Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482689 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Clouds like raw meat
« Reply #3600 on: April 17, 2021, 10:21:55 pm »

EEEDD waits a moment, letting the effect of being spoken to by a divine being sink in. ”Well? ED hath spoken, merchants. We have need of your sleeping pills."

You heard the divine voice, gimme the sleepy drugs. I’ll continue to follow ED’s will with whatever he wants me to do with them.

Spoiler: EEEDD (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Congregation of ED (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: STANpool (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Things done (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 10:54:47 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3601 on: April 17, 2021, 10:47:27 pm »

Al follows the others staying relatively quiet but still keeping an eye on his comrades so if they do something stupid and injure themselves he can intervene and assist to provide medical assistance . In the meantime he whistles a jaunty tune to a shanty his grandpappy used to sing.

Spoiler: Scottish Medic (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 10:50:14 pm by Horizon »
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Fixer upper
« Reply #3602 on: April 19, 2021, 02:50:13 am »

Get unstuck if possible, maybe an enterprising teammate will help out.

If possible, collect the stuff of Burt so he can get it back later, but only if safe to do so.

Then, see if we can stuff the flyer into EdPC without breaking it, if not attach it to the roof and put a tarp or whatever over it.

Finally, ask EdPC to head off to the bizarre, tell people over the radio that we're regrouping there. Maybe try to pass by teammates and/or gators on the way there to pick them up, if they want to of course. 

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3603 on: April 19, 2021, 07:27:49 am »

((too bad you don't have "Summon bigger fish" skill. Bob would definitely come help if you summoned a bigger fish for him.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Special Delivery
« Reply #3604 on: April 19, 2021, 10:47:14 am »

Quote from: EdPC to all OMNITECH expeditionary force members
Next stop, the Bizaar. Get on or get left behind.
Keep monitoring that convoy while my teammates figure out what they want to do with that flyer.
Once it's strapped to the top of the EdPC or whatever, let everyone one board and head to the Bizaar/Bazaar/whatsitsname. Backtrack for a bit if any of our members still at the bar want to hop on.
While going to the Bazaar, make sure to pick a route to circumvents that convoy

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Is it a war crime if you do it accidently?
« Reply #3605 on: April 19, 2021, 11:35:50 am »

Well.  Not the loot I wanted, but it's look.  Skim over and grab the drone stuck in a tree, and appropriate it for my own use.  Then start skimming towards the Bizarre.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3606 on: April 19, 2021, 02:19:52 pm »

That backfired, SAM will try to become less phallus and more vaguely phallic alien monster. Oh, and she'll eat the paste that used to be Burt too while at it, she'll try to not eat any stuff of his that's intact tho, whatever that would be, and bring it back to the EdPC

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Flesh +1

[2] A dick you are, and a dick you remain.

Sam scrambles over to the ruins, slurps up whats left of Burt, and then vomits out the non-edible stuff in the EdPC. The EdPC complains about this, but Sam simply points at herself to indicate that the EdPC is, in fact, a dick head.

Look around for any other injured guests, preferably someone who is unconcious and alone with no one paying attention to him. Sneak back into the bar if I have to. Steal their anomly detecting watch.

Then GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE and try to run back to the EDPC, wherever it is. I'm sure my team's got tracking devices or something. Some useful tool to help me find them.

Spoiler: Baldwin (click to show/hide)
[4]
In the chaos of the bar fight Baldwin army crawls back in, ducks under a table, and scouts around for a potential target. His scouting ends with a man falls heavily onto the table he's on and rolls off, flopping to the ground inches from Baldwin's nose.  Baldwin looks back and forth before partially dragging the unconscious man under the table and relieving him of not only the watch but his wallet and a crumpled wad of paper. That done he vaults back outside through the already broken window and sprints off into the darkness.

A few minutes and some radio instructions later and he manages to reconnect with the EdPC.

Bob will continue ot play with his balls.

Spoiler: Team Mascot (click to show/hide)
THIS POST HAS BEEN CENSORED

(Damn it.)
Did the cognition copier do it's thing if so where am I now?

Spoiler: Is finally dead (click to show/hide)
It did! Remember the CC is constantly copying and updating. Its destruction simply means the last updated version is the one that is used. Meaning you probably don't remember exactly how you died, but likely you will remember the minutes leading up to it.

As per where you are, we have two options. The first is the OMNITECH Omniscient network. Safe, but in order to get you back out here someone will need to get access and grab you. The second option is that we can load you straight into the EdPC's onboard computer. Less safe because destruction of the EdPC means death but it also means we could, theoretically, dump you straight into push bot.

EEEDD waits a moment, letting the effect of being spoken to by a divine being sink in. ”Well? ED hath spoken, merchants. We have need of your sleeping pills."

You heard the divine voice, gimme the sleepy drugs. I’ll continue to follow ED’s will with whatever he wants me to do with them.

Spoiler: EEEDD (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Congregation of ED (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: STANpool (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Things done (click to show/hide)
A surprising number of people donate pills to EEEDD. Not everyone, some people just slink away from this magic madman, but others seem to believe. At least to some degree.  He ends up with a big bottle (d10 use die) of sleeping pills. [12] He considers what ED could want with these...and then considers something else. He's not sure why he considers it. He's not sure what it means. But he thinks these are protection of a sort.

Al follows the others staying relatively quiet but still keeping an eye on his comrades so if they do something stupid and injure themselves he can intervene and assist to provide medical assistance . In the meantime he whistles a jaunty tune to a shanty his grandpappy used to sing.

Spoiler: Scottish Medic (click to show/hide)
Al looks at the red smear that used to be Burt and considers, for a moment, giving it CPR.  Then Sam comes by and hoovers it up, debris and all. He sniffs, shrugs, and wanders back to the EdPC while whistling a tune.  Someone will hurt themselves in a way that he can help with. Sooner or later.

Get unstuck if possible, maybe an enterprising teammate will help out.

If possible, collect the stuff of Burt so he can get it back later, but only if safe to do so.

Then, see if we can stuff the flyer into EdPC without breaking it, if not attach it to the roof and put a tarp or whatever over it.

Finally, ask EdPC to head off to the bizarre, tell people over the radio that we're regrouping there. Maybe try to pass by teammates and/or gators on the way there to pick them up, if they want to of course. 

[6]
Yagyu brute forces his way out of the rubble and heads back to the flyer.  It would be possible to fit it into the EdPC, but there wouldn't really be any room for any people inside.  Instead Yagyu has the machine fold itself back into its "storage" mode and slips it back into the large plastic box it came in. With help he gets it lifted up onto the roof of the EdPC and then ties it down before covering it in a painter's tarp he manages to find in a nearby home.

Well.  Not the loot I wanted, but it's look.  Skim over and grab the drone stuck in a tree, and appropriate it for my own use.  Then start skimming towards the Bizarre.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Quote from: EdPC to all OMNITECH expeditionary force members
Next stop, the Bizaar. Get on or get left behind.
Keep monitoring that convoy while my teammates figure out what they want to do with that flyer.
Once it's strapped to the top of the EdPC or whatever, let everyone one board and head to the Bizaar/Bazaar/whatsitsname. Backtrack for a bit if any of our members still at the bar want to hop on.
While going to the Bazaar, make sure to pick a route to circumvents that convoy

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)

Wilfred skims over and grabs  the drone before heading back. He meets up with the EdPC, already in route to the Bizarre and the two of them head there together. They take a longer route, circling towards the west before rounding back to the east and moving towards the main gate of the complex instead of along its outer fence. The convoy the EdPC is monitoring turns as well, heading east towards the remains of the glider instead of towards the cul-de-sac where the cargo landed.  Its a group of Smiles in modified cars. Mostly trucks, plated with scrap metal, mounted guns on a swivel in the back. They're painted all red other than a yellow smiley face somewhere on them. Dozens of men all riding in or on top of the trucks, all armed.

The Bizarre main entrance hold a large neon sign that has been welded onto an existing gate and arch: its very clearly made up of several other signs, all partially torn apart and then frankenstiened back together into this one. There's what amounts to a checkpoint at that gate; armed guards and concrete barriers blocking the way.  They tell Yagyu and the others that no guns are allowed within the Bizarre, so if anyone wants to go in they'll have to dismount and either leave their guns in the EdPC or with the guards.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3607 on: April 19, 2021, 02:37:35 pm »

Outside the bizarre, while broadcasting over the private radio channel of the team so anyone not there yet can still follow, Yagyu adresses his teammates (while standing far enough away from other onlookers so they aren't privy to the impromptu meeting).

"Alright them ladies, listen up. We have a ton of leads to follow up on and I'm not planing on spending my retirement here, so right now I'd like to see if there are any volunteers to go deal with the imprisoned egghead we want to interrogate. I want something between three to five or so people. Your job will be to find that guy, Ernest Bythe Saffron I believe it was, and interview him one way or another to learn more about how this whole mess started. If you would like to follow up on that tell me and we'll get things organized and I'll give you some more info. Note that the nature of this mission will probably call for subterfuge and subtlety more than firepower or ten meters of armored codpiece, but feel free to volunteer either way if you're interested.

The rest of us will go and investigate that airport, see what that is all about. Either way, we are moving out soonish once the teams are sorted so if you have things to buy here then hop to it!"

((For Burt, maybe we could stuff him into one of the corpo drones? Or maybe that flier we just looted? Then again we might want to sell the flier. We could also see if we can buy something at this bazaar with the megabucks he had on hand.))
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 03:09:17 pm by Radio Controlled »

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3608 on: April 19, 2021, 03:13:16 pm »

SAM will use hand signs to gesture she'd be up for interrogating the egghead, oh, and she'll also try to turn into an H.R Giger wet dream creature once again.

Also 1 flesh to STR

« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 03:16:54 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3609 on: April 19, 2021, 05:00:48 pm »

Yes! I think I got a perfect roll on that. I assume I'm in the EDPC now.

Safely inside the vehicle, examine my loot. Read the paper, count the money in the wallet, etc.

Also ask Piecewise to write a description for the prospector's watch I can copy and paste into my character sheet. I want to know about this thing's features!

As Baldwin counts the money in his hands, he decides to offer his own opinions on the mission.

"Well the way I see it, money is power. I think our plan should be to go to the Langford Nature area, loot a bunch of artifacts, sell those things for mad bucks, and just buy the right to speak to our man. I mean, we don't actually need to free him, all we want is an interview. I'm sure we can get that without making an enemy out of these Smiles"

Truly a capitalist at heart...

Spoiler: Baldwin (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 06:05:21 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3610 on: April 19, 2021, 06:02:08 pm »

"Well the way I see it, money is power. I think our plan should be to go to the Langford Nature area, loot a bunch of artifacts, sell those things for mad bucks, and just buy the right to speak to our man. I mean, we don't actually need to free him, all we want is an interview. I'm sure we can get that without making an enemy out of these Smiles"
"The team on nerd interrogation duty will be free to fulfill their objective as they see fit, I suppose that's one way to do it. Though note that our guide hinted they might simply not be up for such offers, and also to stay away from that area because it's quite dangerous."

SAM will use hand signs to gesture she'd be up for interrogating the egghead, oh, and she'll also try to turn into an H.R Giger wet dream creature once again.
"Ah, hmm. You. I will consider letting you saunter off on this assignment only if you can promise me you won't cause any undue shenanigans. No eating our target, no making needless enemies or calling down unholy bullshit, no intentionally messing up the job. Cause if I hear you went full Akira downtown and we have to come deal with it, we will deal with it rather permanently. Capiche? You can, euh, wobble if you understand."

I would like to buy one (or more if affordable) of those anomaly watches. These are the things I can offer:

Note, if they complain because my weapons are built-in, then just ask them to have a vendor come outside instead.

Also could I buy some ammo for my ferro thingie? Like just buy some metal poles or some small construction materials that are suitable. How much for some items that are at least d8 in damage? Or d10 if possible/available? I have clean water, kelp and ammo forge conversion service to offer.

Finally, Burt had 12,300 megabucks on him, could we buy some sort of body for him with that here at the bizarre? Or maybe a vehicle he could be uploaded to? 

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3611 on: April 19, 2021, 06:08:42 pm »

SAM wobbles, a very disturbing sight on account of her current look, she won't eat anyone unless they ask or do something that'd make them get eaten like trying to purge her or something.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3612 on: April 19, 2021, 06:56:49 pm »

"The team on nerd interrogation duty will be free to fulfill their objective as they see fit, I suppose that's one way to do it. Though note that our guide hinted they might simply not be up for such offers, and also to stay away from that area because it's quite dangerous."

"Well, if cash won't work. Then how about barter? It seems like these guys value glider loot just as much as we do, based on their willingness to send convoys to hunt it down. I'm pretty sure that when they find something as complicated as our dragonfly, they send it to one of their nerds to have it studied and turned into something of value.

"I'd offer them our dragonfly, but sadly they don't trust us."

Bladwin takes out his pipe and grins, while looking at Wilfred.

"But what if they happen to find an 8-foot tall armored hardsuit in the NEXT piece of glider wreckage? Perhaps one that refuses to turn on or open its cockpit..."

Baldwin knocks on the hardsuit's chest a couple of times for effect. Loud metallic clangs resonate throughout the room.

"I hear that our man is the guy for that. When said guy tries to fix the thing, he'll discover the cause of the shutdown to be a stubborn AI implanted in the suit named Burt. Maybe they will have a better chance at negotiating a deal...

Even if it happens to be at gunpoint."

Spoiler: citation (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 08:13:55 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3613 on: April 19, 2021, 07:49:45 pm »

SpiderBob will explore the golf course looking for machinery in need of maintenance and/or repair, while Bob continues his soak. Neither is aware of the need to reconvene with teammates, so this may be where Bob is at the end of the mission, assuming a snap doesn't take him.

Since Bob was swept up by the straggler hunters, he'll waddle past the armed guards, chuck his tail gun at tehir collection point, and greet the Bizarre's patrons and their snacks.

Spoiler: Team Mascot (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 03:02:25 am by Ozarck »

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: The Shocker
« Reply #3614 on: April 19, 2021, 08:11:48 pm »

"Alright them ladies, listen up. We have a ton of leads to follow up on and I'm not planing on spending my retirement here, so right now I'd like to see if there are any volunteers to go deal with the imprisoned egghead we want to interrogate. I want something between three to five or so people. Your job will be to find that guy, Ernest Bythe Saffron I believe it was, and interview him one way or another to learn more about how this whole mess started. If you would like to follow up on that tell me and we'll get things organized and I'll give you some more info. Note that the nature of this mission will probably call for subterfuge and subtlety more than firepower or ten meters of armored codpiece, but feel free to volunteer either way if you're interested.

The rest of us will go and investigate that airport, see what that is all about. Either way, we are moving out soonish once the teams are sorted so if you have things to buy here then hop to it!"

"ey boss, I'll go with the egghead team if needed."
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 334