Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482318 times)

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Clouds like raw meat
« Reply #3480 on: March 19, 2021, 06:04:05 pm »

Spoiler: Scottish Medic (click to show/hide)
((Put in yar stats and equipment ya daft duck))

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3481 on: March 19, 2021, 07:35:40 pm »

((Thar ye go))
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 09:00:07 pm by Horizon »
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3482 on: March 19, 2021, 07:46:58 pm »

Characters begin with 5 points that they can spend on stats and skills. Each point allows a stat to be raised by one die level, for example from d4 to d6, from d6 to d8 and so on, with a max of d12
((You've got 5 points to up your stats/skills. Unless you intentionally want to play in hard mode.))

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3483 on: March 19, 2021, 09:01:54 pm »

((Alright now I'm done.))

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3484 on: March 20, 2021, 01:39:09 am »

(Into the meat grinder you go!)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3485 on: March 20, 2021, 09:53:38 am »

"You guys do whatever I'm gonna be looking at the stuff I bought."
Plug in the laptop and look around on it and see what kind of stuff is on it, and do the same with the phone.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
[2]
They appear to both be fresh installs of their respective operating systems with no  data stored on them other than basic system stuff. Though the phone does have a pretty good library of ring tones.

EEEDD, after many hours of contemplating his newest revelation, speaks only at a mumble, hardly audible to anyone save himself. His eyelids are closed, but the eyes beneath twitch spasmodically back and forth.

"I understand, oh ED, bearer of our names and our troubles and our lives. The people of this land are fearful and ignorant of greater aspirations than mere survival, so I shall not make faith a matter of comfort or luxury for them. Instead I shall instruct them in the manner in which it may be a tool of survival, one they have neither reason nor right to refuse. Blessed be the Sacred Name, accursed may WV be forevermore."

Pray until we reach whatever destination our tour guides decide to place us in. Draw ED's favor upon me to assist in my upcoming, more forceful, method of conversion.

Spoiler: EEEDD (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Congregation of ED (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: STANpool (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Things done (click to show/hide)

EEEDD Prays. If it does anything, it isn't immediately obvious.

Not immediately.

What sort of super martial arts and/or cybernetic limb enhancements did that soldier have in order to give me a bloody nose through the armoured helmet of my armoured space suit with just a punch? I am simply curious.

Anyways, stop my nose from bleeding. I have a medkit if necessary. I would prefer not to waste a charge for just this though.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
You misunderstand. It wasn't caused by the punch. This was a comedy anime bloody nose because you're so gosh darn sexually excited by being hit by women. I'm sure~

Your nose stops bleeding on its own, as they do.

((Alright now I'm done.))
We'll assume this guy hitched a ride from the military base. What he was doing there...eh who knows. Maybe he just drunkenly wandered in.

Wherever we stop, locate machinery in need of repair and do so, be it a car, radio, some form of plumbing, or a ten foot tall abomination made entirely of discarded cellphones. Otherwise, stay near the barrel fires for warmth, unless the Huron is much warmer than it's latitude would suggest, in which case go for a nice, crocodilian bob.

Spoiler: Team Mascot (click to show/hide)
Stay near the EPC and keep an eye out for threats, or things that might make life difficult.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
((Going out at night seem like a more dangerous prospect than waiting till morning to move out, but now that pw already set the scene we might as well roll with it.))
Hardacre checks his books and says that they could use some ammo for the new autocannons. Same model the EdPC uses. You could get a free d6 box of it out of the trade but it would cost a day's wait to forge it all.
(Let's leave that then for should we ever return to that base for resupply.)

"So, I suppose we'll go and hit up that bar. Grilled Taser, was it? We can use the routes the commander gave us to plot us a course through this city."
"Let's go find that fucking neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerd."
"Yes, Quite right, let's move ou-"
Yagyu will notice the kelp when he returns. So if he returned, he noticed the kelp.
"OI, which one of you bozos slobbered all over my merchandise?"

”I think perhaps it’s time we go to a fishing spot. Food seems to count for something here so maybe we should get some ‘cash’ before we start asking for goods and services”

"I guess you could try at the Huron if we happen to stop near it, but I don't think we'll want to make a priority out of it right now."
You set up a "We Come in peace" announcement you can play whenever you want.
Should we move out this turn for the gilded razor, play this announcement as we drive through the city since I think we can't exactly be stealthy in this thing. Use the military routes to get there with minimal fuss.

Either way, see if there are new corpo drones in the area we could take control over to have more eyes in the sky.

Also, how many exits are there in this EdPC, a top and a rear hatch, right?

EDIT: now that Yagyu is back he'll prevent people from messing with his goddamn kelp! 

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

"Don't play that. I'll give you something to play."

Change the "We come here in peace and wish to make a trade. Do not assault us or we will retaliate." recording to something more along the lines of "Don't mess with us and we won't mess with you. It's in your best interest to let us go about our scientific expedition and not grab the attention of our heavily armed security team." Best not to let them think we have anything valuable until it's actually time to trade.

Keep an eye drone or two out for ambushes.

Once we reach the Gilded Razor, do a scan of the local network to see if I can glean anything. Maybe some equipment leftover from the last team. Maybe someone using combat drones. Maybe just to get an idea about how much tech they have around here.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Drive my compatriots to the bar that Yagyu pointed out. Also have Pushbot load a standard round in the main gun, just in case.

Once arrived at the bar, try to park in a spot where there aren't too many blind spots people can sneak up to the EdPC from. Then search around if I can find any radio or network connections. Don't actually connect yet, unless the EdPC comes with some hefty firewall/antivirus.

Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)

((EdPC has two hatches: rear and top. It technically has a third emergency hatch on the bottom for if it gets flipped, but its sealed and designed to be "Popped" via explosive bolts. ))

The EdPC turns south, following the coordinates and road maps provided to him,  and moves rapidly down the decaying 94 highway. Push bot silently loads a shell into the main cannon [2, lower shell box to d4 use die] and the modified announcement system  squawks out a message that equates to "Fuck around and find out".  Yagyu spends much of the ride attempting to fend off the advances of fleshbeasts and alligators; not advances towards him but towards his precious fish food. Pathos scans for drones and though he catches faint hints of them at a distance, can't get a lock before their signals disappear.

The Razor isn't where most of the team assumed it would be: its not up near the main city at all, its down south in a heavily wooded suburb at the end of a dead end street, abutting a completely overgrown golf course. The road to it is nothing but a strip of shattered tarmac  completely hemmed in by tree branches. Its a green tunnel snaking down past long abandoned homes that are well on their way to being consumed by the forest. The Razor itself is the only lighted building in maybe half a mile and its design says it all. Its larger than any of the other houses around it, newer as well, a mini-mansion in a sort of neo-palatial style. It attempts to resemble a huge sprawling property while being hemmed in on all sides by zoning laws. It ends up looking cramped, like fat man in a tight shirt.  Likely the property of some moderately successful tech investor who decided to seclude themselves out here, away from the hustle and bustle of Detroit itself. It is a gaudy gold tooth in an otherwise respectable enamel grin.

It has no neon lights or crowd gathering displays. In fact the only sign it has is a plain wood rectangle painted black with gold letters spelling out the name. At the end of the name is a little picture of a gold straight razor chopping off a hand holding a wad of money. The drive and general area around the front of the building has been cleared for the most part; the intruding trees and shrubs cut back and the debris tossed to the edge. There are vehicles parked outside in a chaotic starburst radiating away from the main building. The EdPC, which had to tear its way through that folliage tunnel to get here, could perhaps tiptoe its way through that mass of knotted automotive steel but doing so would be difficult and put it at a disadvantage.  Instead it elects to back up and park in one of the driveways of the homes further up the road, backing in so that it can keep an eye on the road and pull out quick if needed.

The audio announcement has drawn some of the patrons out of the bar and onto the large partially enclosed patio. The EdPC, its lights off and sitting still in the drive, is a black mass hidden within the trees. They can't see it, so they stand in the light of the hanging lanterns and squint into the darkness where the sound is coming from. From here the team can get a glimpse of the patrons though: Mostly men by the look of it and young, maybe 20s and 30s. Several are visibly armed, with rifles hanging from slings or tucked under their arms, and they all look almost like hikers or outdoorsmen. They're not military or even paramilitary, they wear frame backpacks, thick coats, rain ponchos, boots, flannels, jeans, bandanas and goggles. Many have respirators hanging around their necks. 

When Bob - wearing his full custom armor - comes slithering out of the dark and into the parking lot, sniffing through the cars for something to fix, they just watch him. They don't shoot, or yell, or even look surprised. They just watch very carefully, eyes darting from the odd reptile and back into the darkness concealing the EdPC.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3486 on: March 20, 2021, 10:08:20 am »

"Greeting fellow human beings, have any of you seen a fUcKiNG nERd?! Be warned that failure to tell us the truth shall result in the forcible removal of your epidermis."

While asking this SAM decides to shapeshift into a more human and friendly form, don't forget to add the claws, those are the most human thing ever.

EDIT: Throw Fish Flake Goo Ball into Bob's mouth like SAM's just won the Superbowl.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 05:39:38 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3487 on: March 20, 2021, 10:18:55 am »

Step ahead of my more unnerving teammates and give a quick introduction of who we are, and why we’re here. Once they’re more at ease, refer them to Pathos and Yagyu for further conversation.
Accompany Janet and look friendly, but have my weapons ready.

Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 02:19:03 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3488 on: March 20, 2021, 11:10:10 am »

"Oi wotsh sheams tah be teh problemsh?" a man asked stumbling into the parking lot "Hoho, ye looksh like yer tough! Howsh abouts we all jusht get a drink? Eh?" Alec suggested as he looked around at everyone, he was obviously drunk but thankfully not shitfaced drunk.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 02:49:25 pm by Horizon »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3489 on: March 20, 2021, 12:24:01 pm »

((I'll say Alec is at the OMNIFLESH Bar.))

"Aye I'm feck'n leavingsh, ye dinnae need teh push." Alec stumbled out of the bar looking thoroughly sotted yet not absolutely shitfaced drunk "Ish thar no placsh a man cannae drinksh fer free?" he grumbled walking away from the establishment.

((Just FYI: that bar is in the between-mission area, but right now we are on a mission in a different location. Normally people spawn into the mission even when they sign up later. I am not sure if pw will let you spawn in the barracks area, but even if so know that you'd be effectively unable to join the actual mission we are on. Maybe ask pw about this on the discord if you want to be sure: https://discord.gg/QwQmJqbk))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3490 on: March 20, 2021, 12:53:07 pm »

(For the record, Yagyu is keeping that kelp on him from now on, buncha loafers stealing my precious trade goods.)

Stop playing the sound recording and exit the EdPC. Calmly reveal myself to the crowd, with my arms pointing away from anyone (so I'm not aiming visible weapons at anyone).

Then, after Ji and/or Janet introduced us, say the following (adapt as needed for the flow of the conversation):

"We are here to get some information and were told this is the best place to get it. Who do we talk to, is there a representative among you?"

All of that is assuming the situation isn't completely fubar yet due to certain teammate shenanigans though. If it is then after exiting try to stabilize the situation by gooping whoever is being aggressive and then step out to intimidate any further would-be troublemakers.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 05:33:34 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3491 on: March 20, 2021, 01:03:39 pm »

Take off my helmet. Look non-threatening and entirely human.
"Hello. I am a normal human just like you. So don't be too alarmed by all the freaks and weirdos I'm with. We're just passing through. We mean you no harm."

Let Janet speak first of course. Just trying to counterbalance the more freakish and scary elements of our team here.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 04:48:46 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Clouds Like Raw Meat
« Reply #3492 on: March 20, 2021, 01:34:24 pm »

Introduce myself to the patrons BEFORE ANYONE ELSE CAN SPEAK. Janet will talk to the patrons and assure them that we are only here to chat for a bit and maybe buy a drink or two before we get a move on. Additionally, we are friendly and not a threat.

Spoiler: Janet Janet (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: The Shocker
« Reply #3493 on: March 20, 2021, 02:38:56 pm »

Move off into a flanking position while staying in the dark, blow away anyone who fires upon my team using as many attacks as necessary.
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3494 on: March 20, 2021, 02:49:57 pm »

"Oi wotsh sheams tah be teh problemsh?" a man asked stumbling into the parking lot "Hoho, ye looksh like yer tough! Howsh abouts we all jusht get a drink? Eh?" Alec suggested as he looked around at everyone, he was obviously drunk but thankfully not shitfaced drunk.

((Fixed))
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 334