Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482350 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: MOOK: Clouds like raw meat
« Reply #3465 on: March 16, 2021, 10:55:54 pm »

If we're ready by the end of this turn, head out again and head to Ann Harbor.

If not, just sift through the info I collected, looking for anything that seems out of place or interesting.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)

Out of time, but we're moving out now. Hold your posts till I can finish this turn. Thanks.
First take off the vr set. Then pull out the Hoverboard and take it for a spin, see if I can keep up with the EDpc.
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)

Time passes and eventually the storm subsides. When the team rolls back outside, everyone but Anya in the EdPC, the sky is much the same if a fair bit calmer. The clouds are still an unsettling red and lightning is still tearing through the slowly turning ceaseless eruption to the east, but its all more subtle now, a thunderstorm  as compared to a hurricane. The sun is setting  to the west and the strange luminous clouds are complimented by countless fires in the distant city of Ann Arbor.  The "Waystation" described by the soldiers is a squat building just outside the base proper, partially straddling the road with an overhanging roof and what look like hundreds of terminals lined up facing the road.  There are people out there, men and women from Ann Arbor by the look of it, camped out for when the place opened the next day. They're wearing cheap  and dirty clothing, not exactly disheveled but barely clinging to some loose standard of normalcy. A child wearing an oversized shirt depicting some kind of cartoon character is standing in the road and the EdPC has to wait for the parents to rapidly scoop him out of the way.

Ann Arbor looks more like a smoldering ruin than a city at a distance: in the approaching twilight all that can be seen at a distance are dark structures, columns of black smoke, and the near omnipresent orange haze of flame. As they reach the outskirts however, it becomes clear that the city is actually surprisingly intact and that the great many flames are actually lights of a kind. Flames rise from scattered oil drums or peek out through broken windows. From the edge of town its easy to see that  the center, the path of the the Huron, is the most populated. It glows like a bonfire, the smoke and flames dense enough to color the clouds overhead a sooty orange.

The city is half lost in the foliage, badly overgrown, making seeing very far in any real way impossible. Without the fires- particularly those to the north east- it would be impossible to guess the size or state of the city from the road.  There are very few people out here in the former suburbs, and those that are around are glimpsed only as a dim light or quickly moving shadow. No one impedes the EdPC.

Anya rides along behind and to the side, holding on to a loading handle on the back of the vehicle.

So, where we going?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3466 on: March 16, 2021, 11:54:48 pm »

”I think perhaps it’s time we go to a fishing spot. Food seems to count for something here so maybe we should get some ‘cash’ before we start asking for goods and services”
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Ed, Ed, EED, and another Ed
« Reply #3467 on: March 17, 2021, 12:05:04 am »

Wherever we stop, locate machinery in need of repair and do so, be it a car, radio, some form of plumbing, or a ten foot tall abomination made entirely of discarded cellphones. Otherwise, stay near the barrel fires for warmth, unless the Huron is much warmer than it's latitude would suggest, in which case go for a nice, crocodilian bob.

Spoiler: Team Mascot (click to show/hide)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3468 on: March 17, 2021, 02:58:52 am »

Stay near the EPC and keep an eye out for threats, or things that might make life difficult.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3469 on: March 17, 2021, 05:08:39 am »

"You guys do whatever I'm gonna be looking at the stuff I bought."
Plug in the laptop and look around on it and see what kind of stuff is on it, and do the same with the phone.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3470 on: March 17, 2021, 05:33:43 am »

"Let's go find that fucking neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerd."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3471 on: March 17, 2021, 10:50:34 am »

((Going out at night seem like a more dangerous prospect than waiting till morning to move out, but now that pw already set the scene we might as well roll with it.))
Hardacre checks his books and says that they could use some ammo for the new autocannons. Same model the EdPC uses. You could get a free d6 box of it out of the trade but it would cost a day's wait to forge it all.
(Let's leave that then for should we ever return to that base for resupply.)

"So, I suppose we'll go and hit up that bar. Grilled Taser, was it? We can use the routes the commander gave us to plot us a course through this city."
"Let's go find that fucking neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerd."
"Yes, Quite right, let's move ou-"
Yagyu will notice the kelp when he returns. So if he returned, he noticed the kelp.
"OI, which one of you bozos slobbered all over my merchandise?"

”I think perhaps it’s time we go to a fishing spot. Food seems to count for something here so maybe we should get some ‘cash’ before we start asking for goods and services”

"I guess you could try at the Huron if we happen to stop near it, but I don't think we'll want to make a priority out of it right now."
You set up a "We Come in peace" announcement you can play whenever you want.
Should we move out this turn for the gilded razor, play this announcement as we drive through the city since I think we can't exactly be stealthy in this thing. Use the military routes to get there with minimal fuss.

Either way, see if there are new corpo drones in the area we could take control over to have more eyes in the sky.

Also, how many exits are there in this EdPC, a top and a rear hatch, right?

EDIT: now that Yagyu is back he'll prevent people from messing with his goddamn kelp! 

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 04:29:32 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3472 on: March 17, 2021, 02:33:02 pm »

"Don't play that. I'll give you something to play."

Change the "We come here in peace and wish to make a trade. Do not assault us or we will retaliate." recording to something more along the lines of "Don't mess with us and we won't mess with you. It's in your best interest to let us go about our scientific expedition and not grab the attention of our heavily armed security team." Best not to let them think we have anything valuable until it's actually time to trade.

Keep an eye drone or two out for ambushes.

Once we reach the Gilded Razor, do a scan of the local network to see if I can glean anything. Maybe some equipment leftover from the last team. Maybe someone using combat drones. Maybe just to get an idea about how much tech they have around here.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: March 17, 2021, 08:13:24 pm »

EEEDD, after many hours of contemplating his newest revelation, speaks only at a mumble, hardly audible to anyone save himself. His eyelids are closed, but the eyes beneath twitch spasmodically back and forth.

"I understand, oh ED, bearer of our names and our troubles and our lives. The people of this land are fearful and ignorant of greater aspirations than mere survival, so I shall not make faith a matter of comfort or luxury for them. Instead I shall instruct them in the manner in which it may be a tool of survival, one they have neither reason nor right to refuse. Blessed be the Sacred Name, accursed may WV be forevermore."

Pray until we reach whatever destination our tour guides decide to place us in. Draw ED's favor upon me to assist in my upcoming, more forceful, method of conversion.

Spoiler: EEEDD (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Congregation of ED (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: STANpool (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Things done (click to show/hide)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3474 on: March 17, 2021, 08:17:26 pm »

"Hey, anyone knows how to cook over here?"

Continue trying to cook the fish ball, try to use the Organic Discombulator to change it from dry fish into beef Wellington or something.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3475 on: March 17, 2021, 09:54:04 pm »

Continue trying to cook the fish ball, try to use the Organic Discombulator to change it from dry fish into beef Wellington or something.

[/spoiler]
((You realize it's not fish right? It's fish FOOD, which is dried kelp.))
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3476 on: March 18, 2021, 05:37:04 am »

[/spoiler]
((You realize it's not fish right? It's fish FOOD, which is dried kelp.))
((You realize I ain't typing dried kelp ball due to laziness, right?))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3477 on: March 18, 2021, 12:02:12 pm »

Drive my compatriots to the bar that Yagyu pointed out. Also have Pushbot load a standard round in the main gun, just in case.

Once arrived at the bar, try to park in a spot where there aren't too many blind spots people can sneak up to the EdPC from. Then search around if I can find any radio or network connections. Don't actually connect yet, unless the EdPC comes with some hefty firewall/antivirus.

Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 10:17:40 am by Pancaek »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3478 on: March 18, 2021, 04:33:51 pm »

What sort of super martial arts and/or cybernetic limb enhancements did that soldier have in order to give me a bloody nose through the armoured helmet of my armoured space suit with just a punch? I am simply curious.

Anyways, stop my nose from bleeding. I have a medkit if necessary. I would prefer not to waste a charge for just this though.

Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3479 on: March 19, 2021, 12:58:26 pm »

Spoiler: Scottish Medic (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 07:34:05 pm by Horizon »
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 334