Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482230 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: MOOK: Clouds like raw meat
« Reply #3495 on: March 20, 2021, 04:07:07 pm »

"Good evening gentlemen."
Salute the crowd nonchalantly and then get inside. Buy a drink in exchange for nutrient paste and then ask the bartender what they do here to have fun/pass the time and who would be a good person to talk to if I want some bombs/grenades.

Can this new body of mine drink stuff?

« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 07:25:12 pm by Parisbre56 »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Ed, Ed, EED, and another Ed
« Reply #3496 on: March 20, 2021, 05:32:41 pm »

Waddle forward. Open mouth. Await snacks.

Spoiler: Team Mascot (click to show/hide)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3497 on: March 20, 2021, 07:37:56 pm »

Faith needs no results for the devoted to adhere to it. It merely needs to exist.

Evaluate this bunch of prospective EDvotees. Are there any that my gut tells me are ripe for conversion? Any that look desperate, or sickly, or afflicted with spinal problems? Look for emotional/spiritual vulnerability like I'm Reddit searching for a meme to ruin. Not gonna explicitly speak up yet just on account of the impending diploball.

Spoiler: EEEDD (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Congregation of ED (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: STANpool (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Things done (click to show/hide)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3498 on: March 21, 2021, 04:49:09 am »

"Damn I was hoping for something free from these things."
Leave the vehicle and ignore the bar in favor for exploring the houses nearby looking for any kind of loot, also keep shotgun ready in case of hostile things.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3499 on: March 21, 2021, 09:09:56 am »

Let my companions do the talking, for now just monitor the situation and our surroundings with the EdPC's cameras and be on stand-by. Also have Pushbot join me in the command compartment, and seal the divider between the command half and the living quarters half of the EdPC, just in case.

Also, search arround for possible connections I can make. Maybe their building has a camera/security system?

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Is it a war crime if you do it accidently?
« Reply #3500 on: March 23, 2021, 09:30:35 am »

I trust that my team will be able to handle and/or ruin this situation on their own, without Wilfred's assistance, so get out of the EdPC and go wander off... in the opposite direction Anya went.  Give the new hardsuit body a test run--literally, how fast does it run?

And keep an eye out for any assholes who wanna steal my shit, obviously.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3501 on: March 23, 2021, 10:50:55 pm »

Introduce myself to the patrons BEFORE ANYONE ELSE CAN SPEAK. Janet will talk to the patrons and assure them that we are only here to chat for a bit and maybe buy a drink or two before we get a move on. Additionally, we are friendly and not a threat.

Spoiler: Janet Janet (click to show/hide)

[9]
Janet shoves past everyone and runs straight into the light of the porch, smoothing her hair...or rather smoothing the top of her spacesuit helmet...and dusting herself off as she does.

"Greetings local business people! We are representatives of the Omni Corporation, here to do some recreational investigative work! We mean you no harm- physical, mental, or financial -and seek only to obtain some local information from you. Well, and maybe to partake in a bit of your local cuisine."

"Greeting fellow human beings, have any of you seen a fUcKiNG nERd?! Be warned that failure to tell us the truth shall result in the forcible removal of your epidermis."

While asking this SAM decides to shapeshift into a more human and friendly form, don't forget to add the claws, those are the most human thing ever.

EDIT: Throw Fish Flake Goo Ball into Bob's mouth like SAM's just won the Superbowl.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[3]
Sam changes form into something that could just about pass as human as long as no one took a really close look. It looks like what she used to look like, though the mouth and eyes are too big, the nose too small, the fingers and their nails too long, back too hunched, and frame too dense with flesh. She walks like a frog would walk, a slippery long legged lope with arms hanging limp at her side.

Step ahead of my more unnerving teammates and give a quick introduction of who we are, and why we’re here. Once they’re more at ease, refer them to Pathos and Yagyu for further conversation.
Accompany Janet and look friendly, but have my weapons ready.

Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
Ji walks up behind Janet, one arm resting on her slung rifle and the other on her hip. She attempts to look both non-hostile and potentially threatening.

Move off into a flanking position while staying in the dark, blow away anyone who fires upon my team using as many attacks as necessary.
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)
[1]

Faith needs no results for the devoted to adhere to it. It merely needs to exist.

Evaluate this bunch of prospective EDvotees. Are there any that my gut tells me are ripe for conversion? Any that look desperate, or sickly, or afflicted with spinal problems? Look for emotional/spiritual vulnerability like I'm Reddit searching for a meme to ruin. Not gonna explicitly speak up yet just on account of the impending diploball.

Spoiler: EEEDD (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Congregation of ED (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: STANpool (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Things done (click to show/hide)
[3]
EEEDD walks up behind Janet as well, though looking far less like a body guard than Ji.  He cocks his head and looks at the increasing number of people wandering out of the bar to observe the security team. Among them he sees a younger man- maybe late teens- craning his neck to get a look. The young man looks frightened, skinny, and malnourished. His face is dirty and his eyes shine out through the dusting of ash with both nervousness and curiosity. He looks desperate. He looks...receptive.

"Damn I was hoping for something free from these things."
Leave the vehicle and ignore the bar in favor for exploring the houses nearby looking for any kind of loot, also keep shotgun ready in case of hostile things.
[2]
Burt leaves the vehicle and rather than head towards the bar he heads into the home the EdPC is parked in front of. He kicks in through the already crumbling front door and begins exploring. The place is filthy, water rotted, and overgrown with mold and creeping vegetation. The roof has partially collapsed in where a tree has fallen, its now dead limbs piercing the structure like jagged knives. After a few minutes of exporing, throwing open moldering cabinets and drawers, he comes to the conclusion that there's nothing of value here.

Let my companions do the talking, for now just monitor the situation and our surroundings with the EdPC's cameras and be on stand-by. Also have Pushbot join me in the command compartment, and seal the divider between the command half and the living quarters half of the EdPC, just in case.

Also, search arround for possible connections I can make. Maybe their building has a camera/security system?

Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)

The EdPC brings its companion bot into the command chamber and then seals the door, just in case someone tries to hijack him.  He quietly aligns the cannon and left side autocannon on the bar patio, just in case, and then searches for signals.
[4]
The bar does have a wireless system, though its password locked and seemingly pretty secure. [2] A casual attempt to crack it proves fruitless.

I trust that my team will be able to handle and/or ruin this situation on their own, without Wilfred's assistance, so get out of the EdPC and go wander off... in the opposite direction Anya went.  Give the new hardsuit body a test run--literally, how fast does it run?

And keep an eye out for any assholes who wanna steal my shit, obviously.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Wilfred steps out of the EdPC and, after glancing over at the bar and the congregation gathering there, shrugs.  He takes off at a jog into the forest, plowing through the undergrowth and occasionally shoulder checking a tree out of his way. The suit is quick in terms of its reactions to his movements but its actual running speed isn't very fast. Its got too much weight and momentum to really throw the legs around, not to mention the soft soil and the dense foliage slow him down. He could skim with the rockets much faster.

(For the record, Yagyu is keeping that kelp on him from now on, buncha loafers stealing my precious trade goods.)

Stop playing the sound recording and exit the EdPC. Calmly reveal myself to the crowd, with my arms pointing away from anyone (so I'm not aiming visible weapons at anyone).

Then, after Ji and/or Janet introduced us, say the following (adapt as needed for the flow of the conversation):

"We are here to get some information and were told this is the best place to get it. Who do we talk to, is there a representative among you?"

All of that is assuming the situation isn't completely fubar yet due to certain teammate shenanigans though. If it is then after exiting try to stabilize the situation by gooping whoever is being aggressive and then step out to intimidate any further would-be troublemakers.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Take off my helmet. Look non-threatening and entirely human.
"Hello. I am a normal human just like you. So don't be too alarmed by all the freaks and weirdos I'm with. We're just passing through. We mean you no harm."

Let Janet speak first of course. Just trying to counterbalance the more freakish and scary elements of our team here.

Waddle forward. Open mouth. Await snacks.

Bob waddles over from where he is banging on cars and sits in front of the group, mouth open, like a friendly mobile beartrap.  Edward professes being a normal person.  And then Yagyu and Pathos come sliding silently out of the darkness right at about the time Anya falls out of a tree over to the left. The locals would probably find that funny if they weren't focused entirely on the two bizarre alien things  that walked out of the dark. They were alert before, but now they're scared. Several have weapons drawn while others are looking up at the sky or checking what look like wrist watches. Yagyu announces his intent in the following moments, before anyone can get trigger happy, and they calm down a bit.  When Pathos walks up and pushes through them into the bar -despite the weapons and anxious gazes pointed at him- they relax a bit more.

Pathos orders a drink, pours it onto the space where a mouth would be if he had one, and then sighs contentedly as the drink flows down his chest and onto the floor.

To the question of whether or not they have a representative, they appear not to. Its a bar, not a union house.

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: The Shocker
« Reply #3502 on: March 23, 2021, 11:22:15 pm »

"ugh хуй, bit out of practice it seems."
Walk inside the Bar and just hang out for now.
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Ed, Ed, EED, and another Ed
« Reply #3503 on: March 24, 2021, 02:19:36 am »

If Bob don't get the snacks he deserves, he gonna bite some tires.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: March 24, 2021, 03:45:44 am »

"Damn nothing left."
Look through a few more houses for any kind of loot.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3505 on: March 24, 2021, 10:46:27 am »

(( Yo boss you forgot about me. ))
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3506 on: March 24, 2021, 01:50:24 pm »

(( Yo boss you forgot about me. ))
Sorry about that. Make sure to Bold any "official" actions you want me to take into account. Things like talking to other characters doesn't have to be bolded, but taking actions you want me to put into the turn do.

Since your post was to get out, we'll assume you walked over with Yagyu and the majority of the others.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: March 24, 2021, 02:16:18 pm »

(( Crap, I guess I forgot. No problem. ))
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3508 on: March 24, 2021, 03:26:38 pm »

Go to bar.
"I'll take a pint of the weakest stuff you got."
Order drink. Consume drink.

Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: March 24, 2021, 04:33:34 pm »

"I'll have 2 gallons of dog blood served on a hat mixed with your hardest drugs."

SAM orders her drink, as she scans the area for any dead bodies or drunks who are too buzzed to notice someone eating their fingers
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 334