Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 483997 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Wet and wild
« Reply #2100 on: April 26, 2020, 12:31:58 am »

Laser rifle charge level: d8.  Head towards the fresh screaming and gunfire, and help shoot whatever demons they're shooting at.  If the demons are already dead, or shooting is otherwise unnecessary, continue charging.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Functioning (blindfold readied)
Smell: Nose plugs.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?
Touch: Riot armor

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: April 26, 2020, 08:11:20 am »

If the fighting gets to where I'm at, run to safety/cover

Otherwise inspect the cuttlefish looking thing in the box. Does my occult knowledge tell me anything about what it is/does? Does it look agressive?
If it doesn't look agressive or if I can't figure out anything at all, crack the lid of the box just a bit and put my pinky in the box. See how it reacts.

If this thing turns out to be h.e.l.l. symbiote, figure out the way to get it inside/connected to me. If it's easy, just go ahead and do it.

Spoiler: Richter (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 08:42:01 am by Pancaek »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2102 on: April 26, 2020, 11:29:38 am »

((Welp, apparently we didn't even get a roll to actually move quietly, blast.))

Tie myself to a nearby pipe so I won't fall out. Then kick open another hatch, preferably so it lands on top of one of the demons (not a teammate though, if unsure then kick open one further away).

Proceed to goop tree demon, or the other one if more of a threat.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

[4]
As it turns out, there aren't just a bunch of access panels right next to each other for some reason. Yagyu has to scuttle down the hall a bit and finally finds one maybe 60 or so feet away from the target- a rather hard shot with nothing but a goop shooter.
[8][2v5]
Yagyu wastes an entire goop canister hurling sticky white globs down the hall at a distant target, none of them hitting. There's a joke here about how Yagyu would normally be doing this sort of thing with binoculars, in the dark, outside a sorority house instead, but I'm not gonna make it.

Kenneth unleashes a scream roar of fear  totally masculine rage before unloading into the doggo.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[23]
Kenneth's "manly" cries of "challenge" at a literally immobile target are somewhat let down by the fact that- despite spraying lead with reckless disregard -he hits nothing except a wall.

Try to regain consciousness.
I attempt to stop Burt’s bleeding
Tara attempts to diagnose Burt's medical issues. She quickly discovers that his medical issue is that he's had his circulatory system punched out. Its all just sitting there inside is suit, cleanly separated like a museum specimen, with damage to it or the body. That's...distressing. Also Burt is very dead, as most people do not survive long without...their entire circulatory system.

Oh, I know what these are, totally. Use occult to figure out what they are. Move to the vent too.
Toby crawls over to the current conflict and attempts to identify the enemy combatants.
[4]
The dog is...eh some variant scavenger. Unimportant. The driftwood nightmare is an Icon of Butchery. It has total control over living tissue and total hatred of everything made of it.  Strategic recommendation: Anyone who isn't a robot should probably run away because they are either gonna become victim or ammo really fast.  Toby communicates this to the rest of the team via the standard occult expert method of shrieking it while trying to run away.

eh, Tara, maybe you should try to stabilize Burt.
sit tight up here, not like my pistol's gonna do much
*remembers the last incident involving a telekinetic and a confined space
Actually I'm going to jump (after the people with real guns jump out) maybe take aim at the doggo.
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)
[4]
Anya manages to jump down near the Icon of Butchery and doesn't even land it the rapidly expanding goop around it. [2 6][2v3] Her attempts to gun down the doggo don't go too well. She manages to put three shots into it but it just keeps trying to tear itself free and come bite her face off.

Keep shooting demonic doggo
[1]
Gabe's rifle drops out of the vent and next to Anya. It is followed by a stream of curse words and Gabe's arm. He seems to be trying to reach down and pick up the rifle. These ceilings are 10 feet high and he's trying to reach out and grab a rifle he dropped.  He's grunting and mumbling "Almost got it!" too.

There's a joke here, and its Security Team #2.

Shoot anything that comes my way, but otherwise wait around to be collected.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
Ji drags herself over to a computer in the office and starts playing space cadet pinball.

Laser rifle charge level: d8.  Head towards the fresh screaming and gunfire, and help shoot whatever demons they're shooting at.  If the demons are already dead, or shooting is otherwise unnecessary, continue charging.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Functioning (blindfold readied)
Smell: Nose plugs.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?
Touch: Riot armor
[9][1v6]
Wilfred scrambles over to the current battle and fires a charged beam  into the Icon of Butchery's face...face like structure.  The beam seems to splash off the wood like water off a armor plating.

[2][4v8][5v3]
The Icon of Butchery hovers another foot or two in the air and for a moment, a halo of what looks like glowing blood vessels appearing around its "head".  Its hands gesture at Anya her rib cage is expelled from her chest at ballistic speeds, directly into Kenneth. The spray of bone shrapnel knocks him backwards and sends him rolling head over heels for a few feet, but his riot suit holds firm and doesn't let any shards past.  Anya struggles to stay standing for a moment but her upper bodily slumps limply to one side and drags her down with it.  She writhes, bleeding and suffocating, arms moving weakly and only from the elbow down.

If the fighting gets to where I'm at, run to safety/cover

Otherwise inspect the cuttlefish looking thing in the box. Does my occult knowledge tell me anything about what it is/does? Does it look agressive?
If it doesn't look agressive or if I can't figure out anything at all, crack the lid of the box just a bit and put my pinky in the box. See how it reacts.

If this thing turns out to be h.e.l.l. symbiote, figure out the way to get it inside/connected to me. If it's easy, just go ahead and do it.

Spoiler: Richter (click to show/hide)
[1]
From somewhere in the distant and dangerous future, a voice screams across the void. Richter, hypnotized by that distant suggestion to...organically interface with the creature using specific aspects of his anatomy...follows its commands.

[2, 4]
The cuttlefish moves rapidly to his mouth and then jams itself in. Richter spasms as the creature crawls down his throat, tears out  of his esophagus somewhere and wraps itself around his heart. Beak and suckers sink into flesh and blood begins to circulate through the symbiote as its flesh fuses with Richter's. In his mind, he hears a voice.

"CONSUME FLESH AND MANIFEST YOUR HATRED"

Writhing tendrils appear beneath his skin, like bulging veins.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: THY FLESH CONSUMED
« Reply #2103 on: April 26, 2020, 11:51:18 am »

Continue to go get Ji
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 01:19:20 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: April 26, 2020, 12:44:51 pm »

KENNETH RUNS Kenneth uses the Secret Kenneth Family Technique to strategically retreat back to the vents while spraying the ribcage wood person and praying to Saint Rockfeller.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 12:48:08 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2105 on: April 26, 2020, 01:03:00 pm »

KENNETH RUNS Kenneth uses the Secret Kenneth Family Technique to strategically retreat back to the vents while spraying the ribcage wood person and praying to Saint Rockfeller.

I didn't know Kenneth was part of the Joestar family.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2106 on: April 26, 2020, 01:27:04 pm »

"We can always just move on and let the demons be someone else's problem. The door to the next sector is right here. I can open it and let the rest of the water drain out when you're ready."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: April 26, 2020, 01:33:47 pm »

"We can always just move on and let the demons be someone else's problem. The door to the next sector is right here. I can open it and let the rest of the water drain out when you're ready."
I’m ready

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: April 26, 2020, 05:21:54 pm »

Don't get the gun, I don't wanna end up like Anya. Retreat away until it seems safe enough to not be turned inside out.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 07:40:30 pm by The Canadian kitten »

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: April 26, 2020, 05:28:17 pm »

(But then you'd be abandoning Ji, which means you're down 4 people [3 of which are purely self-inflicted.] Also Gabe, let a robot get the gun, seeing as you physically can't get without exiting the vent.)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: April 26, 2020, 05:33:32 pm »

((Do we know where Ji is? Whether s/he’s past past the demons or back?)

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: April 26, 2020, 05:40:41 pm »

-Snip-
(we were going to go get her, then Yagyu bumped his knee against something metal halfway there and Burt got flayed.)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: April 26, 2020, 05:45:05 pm »

[23:30] Radio Controlled: Hey @Mr. Bones, are both of the demons in mook currently encased/immobilized in goop, or only the one of them? I think you only explicitly mention the dog getting gooped, but then it also says "Anya manages to jump down near the Icon of Butchery and doesn't even land it the rapidly expanding goop around it." which seems to indicate that the sudowoodo here is also gooped.
[00:10] Mr. Bones: @Radio Controlled There's goo in the area around it, but it isn't goop'd

"These demons hate our guts, they'll just run us down if we try to retreat! And even if they don't, they'll still be here once we try to make our way back! We need to take them out or at least goop them in place, and we need to help the wounded and Ji as well."

Reload. If people keep firing on the demons this turn, then also fire with the goop launcher (which is in d10 overdrive, by the way).

However, if that doesn't work or if I have an opening to do the following without risking friendly fire, then crawl over to the closer access hatch, dump some of that very flammable fuel on the driftwood thing (I'm guessing it is near the hatch since Anya dropped down near it) and drop the lighter on it to light the blighter on fire. Then retreat into the vent

-Snip-
(we were going to go get her, then Yagyu bumped his knee against something metal halfway there and Burt got flayed.)

((Oi! It said someone bumped against the vent, it didn't explicitly say it was Yagyu!  :P ))

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 01:46:10 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: April 26, 2020, 06:01:20 pm »

((Oi! It said someone bumped against the vent, it didn't explicitly say it was Yagyu!  :P ))
They make it roughly halfway there before someone very loudly bangs their metal knee against an air vent.
(emphasis mine)

There's a joke here, and its Security Team #2.
(I really want to argue against that, but I can't.)
"су...
ка...
 БЛЯДь!!!!"

fuck it if I'm going down I'm going down swinging, shoot that stupid fucking tree thing where it's stupid fucking face should be, with Gabe's rifle if possible.
EDIT: now that I have the tiniest chance of getting out alive, only do the above if Toby doesn't grab me
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 03:47:54 pm by m1895 »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2114 on: April 27, 2020, 12:20:13 pm »

"Pssh. Don't make this all about you. Those demons hate everyone's guts equally. Must be some sort of gut envy thing. That's probably why they have such huge guts. I'd rather have them spread around the place and run into whatever traps or troops our quarry has prepared for us, instead of fighting them all at once. I'd also rather you fight them somewhere where I'm in a position to actually do something about it rather than have to sit around hearing you all die."

"Or, if you feel like the 'capture' part of this mission is getting too hard, you can stand ready to reconnect that power cable and I can go reconfigure the phase gate for some nearby star while the rest of the team gets ready to run as fast as they can."
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 334