Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 484015 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Wet and wild
« Reply #2085 on: April 20, 2020, 10:25:26 am »

"Thanks Ellen, this is a vast improvement over slowly bleeding out."

While we're in a bit of a lull, go inspect the demon corpse below me. Prod it with my special stick and look for useful bits. Use my containment pods to grab and store any bits that look interesting/useful, either to OMNITECH for research or for me to do freaky occult stuff with.

Spoiler: Richter (click to show/hide)

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: April 20, 2020, 06:45:37 pm »

*Anya looks closely at her work on Yagyu's face*
Eh, good enough.
follow Yagyu and grab any tools I find on the way, I mean, construction workers lose tools all the time there's gotta be some left up here, right?
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: April 20, 2020, 06:55:10 pm »

Kenneth will continue watching for Mortally Challenged to sell his bullet supply to.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2088 on: April 22, 2020, 01:48:46 pm »

"Thanks Ellen, this is a vast improvement over slowly bleeding out."

While we're in a bit of a lull, go inspect the demon corpse below me. Prod it with my special stick and look for useful bits. Use my containment pods to grab and store any bits that look interesting/useful, either to OMNITECH for research or for me to do freaky occult stuff with.

Spoiler: Richter (click to show/hide)

The end result of Richter's prodding is a strange squirming thing. It looks something like a cuttlefish, though more...meaty. He puts it in a containment pod and it starts tapping on the glass with its little tentacles.

Eh, good enough.
follow Yagyu and grab any tools I find on the way, I mean, construction workers lose tools all the time there's gotta be some left up here, right?
Anya finds a big old pneumatic cable cutting device up in the crawlspace. Kind of like a "Jaws of Life" but about half as big and self contained.

((Quick note, will edit into an action later.  Wilfred (me) is with the group currently, Ji (Lup) is the only one separated, pretty sure.  And she's fairly safe, to my understanding, the demon she killed is blocking the only entrance into the room.))

Start charging the laser rifle again.  Check if it has any kind of pause button, so it can hold a charge instead of just exploding or forcing a shot at d20.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Functioning (blindfold readied)
Smell: Nose plugs.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?
Touch: Riot armor
Wilfred finds that while there is no "Pause" feature on his military laser, the energy from the charge drains slowly instead of all at once. Each turn it will go up a level of power, and each turn not charging will reduce it one level.

Hail the team, but otherwise stay still and quiet.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
"Ok then ladies and gents, that scared them off for now but they'll probably be back soon. First off, we should regroup with our lost teammates before the demons find them first. Then we'll need to get ready to give those nasty baddies another warm welcome. We can't really move on until they are dealt with, or they could attack us from behind later on or when we are on the way back."

Attempt to locate our teammates who are currently not in the main gang (syv and Lup I think) by hailing them over the radio, then try to move there through the vent system, but quietly so that (hopefully) them there daemons won't hear us.

Once regrouped, try to find a good location where we could ambush the demons, e.g. a big room with just 1 entry point where there are some parts that are not underwater (like high benches at the back or something). Ideally the room also has some of those ducts with electric cables going over the room's entrance, so that hopefully we can still do some electrocution work in combination with just shooting anything that comes through that is resistant.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Ji and Yagyu manage to connect on the radio...well its not really radio...but whatever. She relays where she is, the fact that she killed a demon, and the fact that she is stuck but probably safe for the moment.

Kenneth will continue watching for Mortally Challenged to sell his bullet supply to.
Eh, good enough.
Attempt to foam the living demons in place by aiming for their legs, or if they don’t have legs, aiming for a point where the demon touches the ground or water, thus sticking them to it or the water
"Stay away from me demons, I want nothing to do with you!"
Reload my gun and shoot any demons that get close.
Be prepared to shoot if a living demon shows up

Yagyu, Kenneth, Anya, Tara, Burt and Gabe all crawl quietly towards where Ji is currently hiding. They make it roughly halfway there before someone very loudly bangs their metal knee against an air vent. The consequences are quick.
[1,2v6]
Burt flies up into the air. Not that violently, not that forcefully. Sort of a short hop that gets him about 2 feet up, just enough to hit his back on the roof of the crawlspace. But he hits the ground like a sack of potatoes, dead limp. With his red jumpsuit and helmet its hard to see whats wrong, but after a few moments blood starts to leak out from inside the helmet.

Sensing that the jig is up, Kenneth kicks open the nearest access panel and swings his upper body out, rifle sweeping the room.  There are two demons here, in a big X shaped intersection of halls.  One kind of looks like a dog...of a dog had a big beartrap for a mouth and no skin. The other...is something very different. Its humanoid...kinda. It looks like its made out of driftwood and where the head would be on a human is just a kind of lumpy two pronged mass in the very vague shape of a head. Its lower similarly just ends in roughly leg like protrusions with broken, pointed tips instead of feet. Its hovering in place, not walking, and for the most part seems almost totally still. The only part of its that is moving is its arms. Kenneth cannot tell how many arms it has. More than two...more than 4...maybe more than 6 but its like staring at an optical illusion: the more he tries to make out how many there are the more or less there seem to be. They're all flowing, elegantly moving over and around each other in an almost dancing motion.  There's a red haze all around this thing and the air - if he could smell it- smells like iron.

[1] Kenneth, maybe distracted by the utterly alien nature of this thing, loses his balance and falls straight down into the hall. [4] Luckily he lands on his back instead of his neck and for the moment is simply winded.  Tara sticks her head out next, at first to check if Kenneth is ok and then to scream and open fire on the...thing. [5][2v1,6] She sprays a burst of goo at both the demon dog and the floating thing. The goo seems to flow around the floating thing and never touches it, but it splatters onto the dog and sticks it tightly to the ground. [7][2v2,10] Gabe, unable to really squeeze past Tara, just sticks his rifle through the hatch and fires a burst of rounds in the direction Tara is shooting. One hits the dog...though it doesn't seem anything more than angry about it. The tree thing is again uninjured.

Yagyu can't get through the bottleneck of the access hatch to open fire.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: April 22, 2020, 02:05:48 pm »

Kenneth unleashes a scream roar of fear  totally masculine rage before unloading into the doggo.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: April 22, 2020, 02:12:29 pm »

I attempt to stop Burt’s bleeding
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 06:01:08 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: April 22, 2020, 02:49:42 pm »

Oh, I know what these are, totally. Use occult to figure out what they are. Move to the vent too.

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: April 22, 2020, 04:32:19 pm »

eh, Tara, maybe you should try to stabilize Burt.
sit tight up here, not like my pistol's gonna do much
*remembers the last incident involving a telekinetic and a confined space
Actually I'm going to jump (after the people with real guns jump out) maybe take aim at the doggo.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 03:07:27 pm by m1895 »

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: April 22, 2020, 04:47:21 pm »

Keep shooting demonic doggo

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: April 23, 2020, 01:59:35 am »

Tara tries to get out of the vent and land on her feet, thus allowing Yagyu to fire at the demons. Once I land, attempt to stop Burt’s bleeding
"Uh, Burt's up here, Kenneth's the one who fell"

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: April 23, 2020, 02:53:40 am »

"Kenneth is also not bleeding. Physically Kenneth means, Kenneth has stared into the void and for this sin he can feel his sanity slowly dribbling, like water on a leaf...Or maybe Kenneth just has a concussion, Kenneth is not a doctor."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: April 23, 2020, 03:30:21 am »

Try to regain consciousness.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: April 23, 2020, 06:00:21 am »

Tara tries to get out of the vent and land on her feet, thus allowing Yagyu to fire at the demons. Once I land, attempt to stop Burt’s bleeding
"Uh, Burt's up here, Kenneth's the one who fell"
(whoops, will edit accordingly
Action changed accordingly]

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: April 24, 2020, 11:18:55 am »

Shoot anything that comes my way, but otherwise wait around to be collected.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: April 25, 2020, 06:37:16 am »

((Welp, apparently we didn't even get a roll to actually move quietly, blast.))

Tie myself to a nearby pipe so I won't fall out. Then kick open another hatch, preferably so it lands on top of one of the demons (not a teammate though, if unsure then kick open one further away).

Proceed to goop tree demon, or the other one if more of a threat.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 334